Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

over a year sooner than one might've expected!!
:stoked:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

set an alert for the 28th so i dont forget

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Hollow Knight: Silksong: Release Date December 29th, 9998

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Another cool-looking metroidvania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UEIjOk_7bo

Lol the cat.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's good.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
yeah i spent most of yesterday playing this and you're a little blob on a big adventure

it's cool to get a knytt-like

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's deffo gone on the wishlist but I've got a temporary backlog that's settled on top of last year's backlog which itself rests on top of the baseline eternal backlog.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Yeah Animal Well kicks rear end and the lone dev deserves all the praise for making such a solid game. And somehow he fit it into 30mb, absolutely nuts.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Turpitude posted:

Yeah Animal Well kicks rear end and the lone dev deserves all the praise for making such a solid game. And somehow he fit it into 30mb, absolutely nuts.
Props to Billy Basso who is barely getting recognition because it's "Dunkey's game".

https://twitter.com/primacon_/status/1789298642580386083

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hogama posted:

Props to Billy Basso who is barely getting recognition because it's "Dunkey's game".

That seems like the intended media strategy and it's worked a charm, so he probably doesn't mind too much

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Hogama posted:

Yeah, I'm not surprised in the slightest but it is a shame. Guy's been working on the game for like six or seven years.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

This seems like a pretty good strategy to dealing with people asking for a release date, actually. Put out a silly, obviously fake release date far in the future, and fans can joke about it while waiting patiently for everything to be finished up. You can even come up with a funny little catchphrase for it. Something like, I don’t know, “The promise has been made”. Just a random example I thought up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

This seems like a pretty good strategy to dealing with people asking for a release date, actually. Put out a silly, obviously fake release date far in the future, and fans can joke about it while waiting patiently for everything to be finished up. You can even come up with a funny little catchphrase for it. Something like, I don’t know, “The promise has been made”. Just a random example I thought up.

To be fair more of Barkley 2 came out than Silksong so far.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

Who says it's a fake date

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hogama posted:

Probably the first accurate/true news we have gotten about this game ... well, ever.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Dunkey can buy my game I don't mind

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Hogama posted:

His name sounds like the ten year old protagonist in a NES action platformer.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Billy Basso and the Silver Lasso: A Magic Shop Book

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

No Dignity posted:

Who says it's a fake date
Well it's a fake game, ergo any date will thusly also be fake, QED

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It's gonna be really loving funny when Hades and Hades 2 come out before Silksong

We are well past the point when games inspired by Hollow Knight have already had their sequels released. so, expect silksong to be around when that Prince of Persia game sees a sequel

Turpitude posted:

The whole game is made out of tiles. When I first saw the trailer I immediately throught of micro mages for the NES. Metroid fits in 128kb
https://youtu.be/ZWQ0591PAxM?feature=shared

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 17, 2024

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I caved and got Animal Well and I'm loving stuck lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Go a different direction. Use all your tools.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cactus posted:

I caved and got Animal Well and I'm loving stuck lol

Precept Twenty-One: 'Be Aware of Your Surroundings'. Don't just walk along staring at the ground! You need to look up every so often, to make sure nothing takes you by surprise.

Precept Twenty-Nine: 'Develop Your Sense of Direction'. It's easy to get lost when travelling through winding, twisting caverns. Having a good sense of direction is like having a magical map inside of your head. Very useful.

Precept Thirty-Five: 'Up is Up, Down is Down'. If you fall over in the darkness, it can be easy to lose your bearing and forget which way is up. Keep this Precept in mind!

Precept Fifty: 'Don't Linger on Mysteries'. Some things in this world appear to us as puzzles. Or enigmas. If the meaning behind something is not immediately evident though, don't waste any time thinking about it. Just move on.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Some of the puzzles really are crazy ARG bullshit. But not the ones you need to beat the game, or even get the "secret ending" for the game.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Yeah it's been a couple of days so I reckon I'll boot it up and explore everything again from the beginning and the solution will come reasonably quickly. That's usually how this stuff goes.

I'm up to the cat. I can't take the disc because I have nothing that kills it and it follows me from room to room. I've tried kiting it around different rooms to see if a solution presents itself, nothing so far. I reckon I'm just missing a route somewhere to an item I need.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 17, 2024

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cactus posted:

Yeah it's been a couple of days so I reckon I'll boot it up and explore everything again from the beginning and the solution will come reasonably quickly. That's usually how this stuff goes.

I'm up to the cat. I can't take the disc because I have nothing that kills it and it follows me from room to room. I've tried kiting it around different rooms to see if a solution presents itself, nothing so far. I reckon I'm just missing a route somewhere to an item I need.

Lol. Straight up answer to that puzzle right here: You don't NEED to take the disc

Otherwise the game is pretty non-linear where you are and there's guaranteed another direction you could head.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Yeah you should soon find the solution for the disc situation. I believe it is in a treasure chest.

One tip i have for animal well players is that you can press jump and bubble wand button almost simultaneously to hop to a second bubble before the first one pops, something i didnt figure out for wayyy too long. Most jumps only require a single bubble but it is handy for a lot of rooms

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol. Straight up answer to that puzzle right here: You don't NEED to take the disc

Otherwise the game is pretty non-linear where you are and there's guaranteed another direction you could head.

b-but i wanted to play with the doggo

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cactus posted:

b-but i wanted to play with the doggo

Don't worry.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's all going to be ok, isn't it.

:unsmith:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I want to do the worst part of the game, only I don't realize it yet.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Oh poo poo this is like the equivalent of me trying to do the flower quest before getting double jump and upgrading my spells isn't it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No. It's quite different.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ya’ll sound like you’re really enjoying Silksong. Is it GOTY yet?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cartoon Man posted:

Ya’ll sound like you’re really enjoying Silksong. Is it GOTY yet?

never

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's like waiting for a dealer to arrive

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
It's not even possible to make songs out of silk. Silksong is an impossibility.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Animal Well is pretty good, in fairness.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
it is the song you sing when you make silk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Arrhythmia posted:

Animal Well is pretty good, in fairness.

Yeah. But it has serious Fez syndrome where the dev got too far up his own butt. At least most of the latter stuff is totally ancillary.