Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

R.D. Mangles posted:

please pacers, my soul cries out for the knicks to be absolutely nuked.

such an asskicking that this should retroactively be called a sweep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

:mazzullasay:
I couldnt have been more wrong. I apologize for not respecting Tyrese's commitment to the fine arts.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Knicks should just sit their entire starting 5 for the 4th, right?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Harlock posted:

Knicks (...) sit

Lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hell no the starting five should play the entire quarter. And then the entire overtime! Never say die. Cry Thibs to the sky.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Spacebump posted:

While we are on the subject of statues, how should Toronto honor Kawhi after he retires? Definitely a retired jersey. I feel like a statue would be weird despite bringing a title there because he barely played for the team.

Statues should be rare. IMO part of getting one should be playing a majority of your career with a team or bringing them multiple titles. Otherwise, they get devalued to the level of retired jersey.

why would they do anything for kawhi? he didnt want to be there and left as quickly as he could. pretend he and FVV and injury luck weren't the reason Toronto won that year is what they'll do

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Technically correct, the best kind of correct

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bellmaker posted:

Technically correct, the best kind of correct

my dude is still overrated and his shirt still looks dumb

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If these fashion statements lead to the finals nobody's gonna be laughing anymore

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Punkin Spunkin posted:

If these fashion statements lead to the finals nobody's gonna be laughing anymore

no ill still laugh as they show up looking like assholes to the biggest event of their lives

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
If I were the Pacers, I would simply start saving some of these spare points for the next game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

i guess they could have every team they play have most of their good players get hurt and they could lucksack into the finals but i doubt it

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Tyrese Halliburton is possessed by the damned accursed ghost of Andy Warhol and he's about to enter an unheralded level of sicko mode

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Hope the wolves can harness some pacers energy

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Ammanas posted:

why would they do anything for kawhi? he didnt want to be there and left as quickly as he could. pretend he and FVV and injury luck weren't the reason Toronto won that year is what they'll do

Regardless of the injury luck, he still brought them a title. He still had tons of awesome shots (including the game winner vs Philly.) His game winner vs Philly has got to be one of the most important shots in franchise history.

I don’t think it is ridiculous to consider retiring his jersey in Toronto or at the very least putting him in a ring of honor.

I do think the idea of a player like Harden getting a statue from any team is ridiculous (because he switched teams too often). Houston should retire his jersey though.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 12, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
the rockets should absolutely retire his number and put up a statue of him, he's at worst the fourth best player in franchise history and single handedly catapaulted them to relevance even if they couldn't get over the hump

remember the year they traded for him jeremy lin was set to be their most important player

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Spacebump posted:

Regardless of the injury luck, he still brought them a title. He still had tons of awesome shots (including the game winner vs Philly.) His game winner vs Philly has got to be one of the most important shots in franchise history.

I guess but I feel like he wouldn't want it and neither would the fans.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I guess but I feel like he wouldn't want it and neither would the fans.

Build a statue of Kawhi and Lowry but have Kawhi look suspiciously like DeMar DeRozan

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The playoffs got weird extremely suddenly.

Like all the top teams just forgot how to play basketball

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Lockback posted:

I wish refs called jump balls more often instead of that weird thing where rugby scrums and diving on top of each is suddenly legal for 5 seconds.

The rugby mention gave me an idea for the improve the NBA thread: when there is a jump ball, they should do a rugby-style line-out. The world needs to see more point guards launched in the air by a center and a power forward.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's just more visible. Lose by 18 to Charlotte in the regular season and it's a sensible chuckle. Lose by 24 to a real team and it's a crisis.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

CharlestheHammer posted:

3pt variance is a hell of a thing

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

the rockets should absolutely retire his number and put up a statue of him, he's at worst the fourth best player in franchise history and single handedly catapaulted them to relevance even if they couldn't get over the hump

remember the year they traded for him jeremy lin was set to be their most important player

speaking of, am I reading it wrong or is Harden a free agent? Are the clippers going to give him a 5 year supermax?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

pentyne posted:

speaking of, am I reading it wrong or is Harden a free agent? Are the clippers going to give him a 5 year supermax?

Harden is indeed a free agent. The reason he ended up on the Clippers is because noted liar Daryl Morey didn't give him a max contract.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The raptors should build a statue of Lowry’s dump truck rear end

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just have one statue of a giant hand and one statue of a giant butt.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

The hand should be grasping an apple.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoelRushNBA/status/1490149662837248002

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Has there ever been a faster vibes/body language/confidence reversal than in this wolves series

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
KAT should consider playing well imo

Gonna need a hundred gifs of that Edwards double pump dunk though

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1789824634898034697

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

trevorreznik posted:

Has there ever been a faster vibes/body language/confidence reversal than in this wolves series

Probably, because there was a three day window in the middle of this for the Nuggets to set themselves right.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

trevorreznik posted:

Heat Celtics last year

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Redeye Flight posted:

Probably, because there was a three day window in the middle of this for the Nuggets to set themselves right.

Yeah they really made the most of that break. They look totally different now - this is more like what everyone expected.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Gobert must be french for jobber because Rudy is a professional loser

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

being -18 in 06:11 played is Impressive. kyle anderson putting in the work on levels us normies can't even hope to understand

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

trevorreznik posted:

The nuggets need “media is disrespecting us” fuel before they fully power up

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Red Rox posted:

Yeah they really made the most of that break. They look totally different now - this is more like what everyone expected.

If you had ASKED me to come up with a more perfect situation for the Nuggets I don't think I could have short of a serious injury to the Wolves. Three days to collect themselves and study what just happened to them while the entire media both professional and amateur whips up a frenzy about how the Nuggets can't possibly counter the Wolves, the Wolves are perfect, Jokic is a fraud, and all that material goes straight to Mike Malone who uses it for the biggest bulletin board you've ever seen.

The Wolves' strategy was to keep up the pressure, which is impossible to do with three days off. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they have to regain that momentum without the advantage of the strong start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Spacebump posted:

I do think the idea of a player like Harden getting a statue from any team is ridiculous (because he switched teams too often). Houston should retire his jersey though.

I agree. Statues are for champions, but Harden was the centerpiece of a lot of good years in Houston, and MVP level for most of his time there. Plus Houston is basically his home anyway.

He’s at as important to Rockets history as like Steve Nash is to Phoenix.