Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

the famous cliffs of New Jersey's coastline

"New Mexico is in play. Could Joe Biden draw a crowd like this?"

*Shares photo of people surfing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

QuarkJets posted:

Maybe he's thinking about Henry Kissinger, although Kissinger killed a lot more people than the fictional Lecter

Also lol kissinger is dead

Believe it or not, but this wasn't the first time he's referenced Hannibal Lecter at a rally

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

if you use your imagination you can see Jesus in the upper left

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A very silly, very pointless, and very very meaningless question:

If you were forced to choose one of the Trump boys to publicly defend your crimes on National TV, which would it be? Jr? or Eric?

And a related procedural question: Do you think they are defending him off their own bat, or are they being directed by their dad on hwere to go and what to say?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

If you were forced to choose one of the Trump boys to publicly defend your crimes on National TV, which would it be? Jr? or Eric?

And a related procedural question: Do you think they are defending him off their own bat, or are they being directed by their dad on hwere to go and what to say?

I feel like I could fool Eric into publicly admitting fault to any crime with a minimum of effort, but then again Jr would do it if I promised a wheelbarrow of cocaine and at least an hour of camera time...

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Eric is actually an attorney that went to law school, but he’s a bigger idiot. Tiffany also, but I’m gonna go Jr, who at least could motormouth the entire time, it doesn’t have to make sense.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Feels like 2016 era all over again where trump lies about poo poo that doesn’t matter and the media takes the bait to talk about that instead of actual issues. Like trump is in a lot of legal hot water why not just blare that 24/7.

Like I don’t think anyone cares about his crowd size and he does it to stroke his own egos but they also know people arguing over this is less airtime for talk about why trump really sucks. Lying about crowd size doesn’t move the needle for most people so they love it.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Mike Crispy??

come on now, this is getting silly

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Can I pick Robert? At least he wont make it worse.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

lol

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Not untrue if you take these as two separate statements. Could Biden draw a crowd like Rod Stewart?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Strong Sauce posted:

Feels like 2016 era all over again where trump lies about poo poo that doesn’t matter and the media takes the bait to talk about that instead of actual issues. Like trump is in a lot of legal hot water why not just blare that 24/7.

Like I don’t think anyone cares about his crowd size and he does it to stroke his own egos but they also know people arguing over this is less airtime for talk about why trump really sucks. Lying about crowd size doesn’t move the needle for most people so they love it.
The media owners want Trump to win so they get more subscribers and clicks

TBF if I was going to just hand wave something into being about this it would be some kind of movement to unsub now and never resub in the event of a Trump win, but I am also an outlier

That said if people are talking about Tmurp as inevitable— wasn’t that what people said about Hillary in 2016?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Disco Pope posted:

Could Biden draw a crowd like Rod Stewart?

I want his body and I think he's sexy. Yes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Squibbles posted:

IIRC there was a rally a few years ago where he complained about ID requirements at grocery stores

Edit: https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/14/politics/fact-check-trump-groceries-id-voter-fraud/index.html

I have often wondered if he thought you had to show an ID to use a debit card or something. I'm pretty sure you don't even have to show an ID to write a check since they can deposit checks instantly now.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

kazil posted:

I want his body and I think he's sexy. Yes.

Leslie Knope spotted.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

SalTheBard posted:

I have often wondered if he thought you had to show an ID to use a debit card or something. I'm pretty sure you don't even have to show an ID to write a check since they can deposit checks instantly now.

he thinks you have to use ID for everything because he doesn't have to ever use ID for anything because he is Donald "TRUMP" and it's like that Paul F. Tompkins bit about Fabio

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Choose Jr because then you can take his coke and at least have a nice time with that for a little bit while he's looking like a nervous wreck on national tv. I don't see any upside to choosing Chode

I can believe Eric is doing this on his own, he's dumb like that

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

QuarkJets posted:

Choose Jr because then you can take his coke and at least have a nice time with that for a little bit while he's looking like a nervous wreck on national tv. I don't see any upside to choosing Chode

I can believe Eric is doing this on his own, he's dumb like that

LAUGHINGGGGGG THEY ARE LAUGHINGGGGGGGGGGG

yes like at you when your teammates started calling you chode

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

LAUGHINGGGGGG THEY ARE LAUGHINGGGGGGGGGGG

yes like at you when your teammates started calling you chode

choad*

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

THEY ARE LAUGHINGGGGGggggGGgGgGgGggG

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
choose Baron and buy 10 000s of $ of game store credit on various platforms and microtransactions for games you like.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

kazil posted:

TOTAL EXONERATION! MISTRIAL! DIRECTED VERDICT!

we finally found the legal scholar!!! (as seen on TV)

quote:

As of February 3, 2015, his California State Bar license is listed as "inactive." Jarrett has taught law as an adjunct professor at New York Law School and lectured at other law schools.

Jarrett joined Fox News in November 2002. Prior to joining Fox, Jarrett worked at MSNBC. Jarrett also worked at Court TV, now known as TruTV, for eight years, serving as the anchor of Prime Time Justice.

Jarrett was arrested in May 2014 by Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport police, who were called to an airport bar after reports that Jarrett seemed intoxicated and acted belligerently. Jarrett was booked into Hennepin County Jail and charged with misdemeanor interfering with a police officer as being “belligerent and uncooperative” and released on a $300 bond. Jarrett pleaded guilty in July 2014 to disorderly conduct in connection with the incident. CNN reported that Jarrett's arrest occurred right after Jarrett had checked out of a rehabilitation facility and was dealing with “personal issues”

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Nessus posted:

The media owners want Trump to win so they get more subscribers and clicks

TBF if I was going to just hand wave something into being about this it would be some kind of movement to unsub now and never resub in the event of a Trump win, but I am also an outlier

That said if people are talking about Tmurp as inevitable— wasn’t that what people said about Hillary in 2016?

Just feels more like people underestimate trump winning. Not that he is going to win for sure. But People are goldfishes and expecting them to not vote for trump because of what happened between 2017-2020, is a bit… hopeful. If they’re making less if they feel inflation really is too high. They won’t care about all the other stuff he says. Most people don’t follow the news or actually know the issues well. So him talking about crowd size is just less coverage about his trials and how he basically covered up a sexual assault.

I’m not saying to not post those posts in here or ignore it but I just feel so much time is spent on it. You’re right that media profits off this. Especially since I saw a news broadcast last night say 100k people were at this despite how obvious that wasn’t the case. They never bothered to correct it.

Edit. Not sure if it’s just one station or not but it feels like another Sinclair station demand that they report that number. Even in the broadcast they said thousands.

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 12, 2024

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Got a random text today that read “From Trump: TRUMP TOWER IS MINE! Democrats want to SEIZE my properties” like he’s some kind of 8-bit RPG villain.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
That’s at least 2 more bits than he’s actually working with

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
It's starting to bother me that people are still openly advertising at this point. I've been seeing a lot of trump 24 signs pop up on yards around here. I'm only 15 miles away from NYC so there's obviously more conservative support this far out but much more than I thought, for him specifically, after all we've learned since Jan 6.

Decided to go to a mall and shop today and there's this little art wall with these erasable fabric things, and someone put "trump 2024" across a bunch of panels, so I sat down for a while to watch if they would come back to add more, but mostly everyone walked by and tried to deface "TRUMP" by smearing it. I had kinda hoped that the maga clowns would show up and fix them all just so I could see what they looked like.

Anyhow not much of a lol but some kid showed up wrote "I pooped" on top of "TRUMP" on one panel, and it gave me a sensible chuckle.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Strong Sauce posted:

Because the goal of media is to sell ads.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

80k is the tightly packed and tiered at-capacity 2011 super bowl at the Cowboys' stadium, or the loosely-packed 30-acre christmas eve fireworks crowd at Disneyland; it's an insane number of people.

In this case it appears to be a number of insane people and Hannibal Lecter

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ianskate posted:

It's starting to bother me that people are still openly advertising at this point. I've been seeing a lot of trump 24 signs pop up on yards around here. I'm only 15 miles away from NYC so there's obviously more conservative support this far out but much more than I thought, for him specifically, after all we've learned since Jan 6.

Decided to go to a mall and shop today and there's this little art wall with these erasable fabric things, and someone put "trump 2024" across a bunch of panels, so I sat down for a while to watch if they would come back to add more, but mostly everyone walked by and tried to deface "TRUMP" by smearing it. I had kinda hoped that the maga clowns would show up and fix them all just so I could see what they looked like.

Anyhow not much of a lol but some kid showed up wrote "I pooped" on top of "TRUMP" on one panel, and it gave me a sensible chuckle.

If it's any consolation from anecdotal evidence, I was thrilled this past Thursday to finally see this big Trump Pence Banner that's been up since early 2016 (these dirt poor rednecks were trendsetters) was finally ripped down. Whether by choice or malice, I don't know, but it's gone! I've waited a long time. It will be interesting to see if they replace it.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

Durf posted:

we finally found the legal scholar!!! (as seen on TV)

I think that if you will find that he is most, if not all, of the legal scholars.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Padical posted:

I think that if you will find that he is most, if not all, of the legal scholars.

I know Jonathan Turley is a known Legal Scholar

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

This Rod Stewart concert is blowing my mind if those numbers are to be believed. I'm going to spend my whole day learning about how Rod Stewart once did a concert on a beach for FOUR MILLION PEOPLE.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Has RFK Jr. committed any crimes? Does he have some horrible foreign policy record we need to be worried about? I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad word about the guy aside from the weird vax stuff. Maybe we should actually hear him out. He’d be just as funny as Trump but with less terror and dread.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

emSparkly posted:

Has RFK Jr. committed any crimes? Does he have some horrible foreign policy record we need to be worried about? I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad word about the guy aside from the weird vax stuff. Maybe we should actually hear him out. He’d be just as funny as Trump but with less terror and dread.

Did you hear about his :brainworms: and mercury poisoning?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Funky See Funky Do posted:

This Rod Stewart concert is blowing my mind if those numbers are to be believed. I'm going to spend my whole day learning about how Rod Stewart once did a concert on a beach for FOUR MILLION PEOPLE.
Last week Madonna had a free concert in the same location, 1.6 million people attended.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Madonna did one like two weeks ago in the same place for an insane number of people and it was also funny because the bolsonaro chuds were going in about how her music is a sin and degeneration of the world through the gay agenda etc. etc. then a bunch of them were photographed in the audience lmao

e: gently caress

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

emSparkly posted:

He repeatedly told his wife things would be better off if she were dead while going through a divorce with her and did stuff like deliberately leave out a book that had a list of all the women he cheated on her with for her to find. She killed herself about a month after the divorce.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Madonna just did it last week in Brazil for ~1.6m.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

kazil posted:

TOTAL EXONERATION! MISTRIAL! DIRECTED VERDICT!

This shows that he doesnt understand how much trouble he is in

"A mysterycrime." Acrime they wont even tell the defendant what he is charged with"

So either he isactually that clueless/ignorant of what is happening, orhis team is protecting him from reality. Both are realistic possibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

redgubbinz posted:

I feel like I could fool Eric into publicly admitting fault to any crime with a minimum of effort, but then again Jr would do it if I promised a wheelbarrow of cocaine and at least an hour of camera time...

The thing about Jr is he knows he is a loser idiot, I think he has internalized that after decades of abuse from his father, he understands he whole thing now is to be a right wing political celebrity.

Eric thinks he is a big brain serious business person, he views his political place is commenting as a genius business person, like asking Warren Buffett to commit on politics. He is also an idiot and prone to admit to crimes because he is also an idiot and not good at business or law but feels he needs to confidently project that he is.