Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't think they try to obfuscate anything, they say right on the tin that the DNA lineages are just based on where other people with similar DNA are living today. It's why you gotta dig deep into the haplo groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Also the ancestry assignment is only as good as the data that's there to compare to. They can get pretty good calls on a bunch of European lineages because they have fucktons of data from people from those regions. Other populations, not so much. Many smaller communities are, rightfully, quite reluctant to hand over genetic information, so testing companies don't have a good idea of what their lineages look like

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

I don't think they try to obfuscate anything, they say right on the tin that the DNA lineages are just based on where other people with similar DNA are living today. It's why you gotta dig deep into the haplo groups.

Its where people with similar DNA are living today, but with guesswork and adjustments to fit with expectations, which is where a lot of the differences come from.
You know where there are lots of people with DNA similar to yours? Where you currently live. But if you are doing DNA testing, that is not probably what you are looking for.
A few years ago, a lot of people were finding out they were scottish. And the reason for that is that these companies decided to separate the Scotland reference group from the England reference group. Are they really distinctive to matter? Who knows. Because that is not what it was about. Lots of white americans really wanted to know if they were scottish or irish so they separated the samples. So the sample size for the scottish comparison panel has like 1700 people for ancestry.com. Meanwhile, the sample for India has like 200 people.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

"i told them I would use their donations to fight the establishment"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Senator Sanders' best friend is a rapist.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

libs are libbing bc protestors booed & interrupted the great jerry seinfeld at duke's commencement.

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1789732799366205673

Jerry Seinfeld’s speech at Duke University was announced and it was immediately drowned out by “free Palestine” chants.

Newsflash: Just because someone is Jewish doesn’t mean they are against peaceful Palestinians.

Stop being ignorant to the point of hateful bigotry. It just shows how ignorant you are.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 01:02 on May 13, 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

libs are libbing bc protestors booed & interrupted the great jerry seinfeld at duke's commencement.

They're absolutely wrong to boo him for his Zionist beliefs right now. It's clear to anyone that the more pressing threat is his filmmaking.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

they should've booed him, regardless of what anyone's stance on Palestine is

Jerry is a creep

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

How terrible....utterly shocking to the conscience.

No, not the genocide; the breach of decorum by booing a Jewish man! Can you imagine anything worse than that?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

p.s. From the River to the Sea

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

what’s the deal with non dischargeable student loans?!

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Seinfeld's wife donated 5k to the counter-protesters who attacked the students at UCLA

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Willa Rogers posted:

Jerry Seinfeld’s speech at Duke University was announced and it was immediately drowned out by “free Palestine” chants.

Newsflash: Just because someone is Jewish doesn’t mean they are against peaceful Palestinians.

Stop being ignorant to the point of hateful bigotry. It just shows how ignorant you are.

Lol that piece of poo poo was just in Israel a couple of months ago, to “ show support”

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

joepinetree posted:

My great grandmother was either Charrua or Guarani (one of the Uruguayan tribes that was massacred, so we dont know which, as she was taken away and raised by a white family).

assuming alot there buddy:v:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bernie sanders after being told another Palestinian hospital was attacked

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

joepinetree posted:

Seinfeld's wife donated 5k to the counter-protesters who attacked the students at UCLA

I know, it really goes beyond everyday pro-Israel (pro-genocide) stuff, and crosses into active sicko territory. Why does he even give a poo poo? Go back to making terrible movies and whining about kids these days while seemingly everyone else in comedy is doing fine.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

joepinetree posted:

also didnt he do some video special of him hanging out with the idf lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

seinfeld's israel obsession is like rowling's terf poo poo

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

joepinetree posted:

where does a high schooler get 5 grand?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

assuming alot there buddy:v:

In the south of Brazil and in Uruguay "Jesuit priests take away children from indigenous peoples to 'educate' them while having them work as domestic servants for a white family they live with" was far more common than the american "pretend your biracial kid isn't yours"

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

h-how DARE you criticize jews for their actions

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nichael posted:

seinfeld's israel obsession is like rowling's terf poo poo

I'm not actually quite sure it is because he hasn't made himself the undisputed figurehead of international zionism

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Jerry just made a big deal about hating young people for not liking his crap so why would they be happy to see him?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Willa Rogers posted:

The Krassensteins are still at it huh

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Also, Seinfeld started on his whole "PC gone mad on college campuses" shtick because college students did not laugh at this joke specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TKBH61GtK4

The same year he complained about college campus crowds being too PC, Daniel Tosh (of "rape can be funny" fame) won the "campus comedian of the year" (or something like that) award.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

VoicesCanBe posted:

The Krassensteins are still at it huh

muskies a fan

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1789766150210945313?t=dtS27yep-o6X0O-Ta6lagw&s=19

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

seinfeld's speech was a cosby-like lecture telling younguns to work hard, and to live, laugh & love.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Saraiguma posted:

where does a high schooler get 5 grand?

woooooo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a worker's movement? nah.

podcast? absolutely!

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
podcasters are the most important workers

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

My mom / aunts totally repeated the "our great grandmother was dakota" poo poo all the time when I was a kid and I have no idea if they still claim it but I figured it was bullshit pretty early and my sister did a DNA test and confirmed we are not infact any part native american in our family lol

Same on my dad's side (no DNA test, but I'm pretty sure it'd be nothing just like your sister's). IIRC you're also from TN, right? I feel like the "native american ancestry" myths are exceptionally common in this general area.

On the upside, it wasn't frequently repeated. I don't think I've heard it mentioned since I was a kid.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Mods please close this thread for being a vile hive of antisemitism, led by willa and KKKernie Slanders

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

this has nothing to do with current events or anything, it just popped up in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8BwqzzqcDs

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Bernie and aoc are revolting

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Scarabrae posted:

what’s the deal with non dischargeable student loans?!

Only in death do student loans end

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

absolutely disgusting

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:berned: :bernin: :bern101: :bernchloe: :bernget20: :berninator: :bernout: :bernpop: :gethill: :smooth: :aochloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Excelzior posted:

"i told them I would use their donations to fight the establishment"