Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Last Week: Yessss! Haha, Awooooooo!
Tonight: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Putting SloMo in for those crucial minutes where Jokic was sitting on four fouls? Malpractice. He's in the Giddey Zone. You can't play him.

Game 3 was a pasting. Game 4 came down to Denver's roleplayers being on absurd heaters while the Wolves' bench came up lame as gently caress.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Aye Doc posted:

being -18 in 06:11 played is Impressive. kyle anderson putting in the work on levels us normies can't even hope to understand

ive seen better. noah vonleh famously had a game early last season where he was -20 and picked up 5 personal fouls in just 6 minutes off the bench

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
https://twitter.com/nuggets/status/1789824504593527095

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Last Week: Yessss! Haha, Awooooooo!
Tonight: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

It really looks like MPJ felt 100% sure it was going in.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the nuggets just need to figure out a way for the entire game to consist of buzzer-beaters, they'll be unstoppable

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Redeye Flight posted:

If you had ASKED me to come up with a more perfect situation for the Nuggets I don't think I could have short of a serious injury to the Wolves. Three days to collect themselves and study what just happened to them while the entire media both professional and amateur whips up a frenzy about how the Nuggets can't possibly counter the Wolves, the Wolves are perfect, Jokic is a fraud, and all that material goes straight to Mike Malone who uses it for the biggest bulletin board you've ever seen.

The Wolves' strategy was to keep up the pressure, which is impossible to do with three days off. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they have to regain that momentum without the advantage of the strong start.

Also Gobert came back and killed all the vibes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

were we too quick to declare that the timberwolves were the new dynasty team on target to win another ring?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Smeef posted:

Also Gobert came back and killed all the vibes

He looked really bad, especially in the last quarter. The travel and the lame push on Murray, ooff.

fart simpson posted:

were we too quick to declare that the timberwolves were the new dynasty team on target to win another ring?

I think one of the posters on here mentioned something about the curse of Minnesota sports teams and that hosed everything up.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Red Rox posted:

I think one of the posters on here mentioned something about the curse of Minnesota sports teams and that hosed everything up.

Don't you put this evil on ME, Ricky Bobby!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

new dad energy is supposed to invigorate a player and team but the Gobert baby has created a vortex pulling all the good vibes and good team play into it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

no but all jokes aside, im gonna need to ask the timberwolves to figure it out and win game 5

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Wolves game 3 and 4 summed up

https://twitter.com/StoIenGlock/status/1789832575315296381?s=19

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I would have died laughing if gobert had seriously hurt himself there

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Anthony Edwards +5 playing 45:20. Wolves lose by 8. Ouch.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

fart simpson posted:

no but all jokes aside, im gonna need to ask the timberwolves to figure it out and win game 5

This series is going 7.

Anyway, I was in the building. Rudy was +9, and with the exception of like two loud mistakes that are naturally getting all the attention, that checks with what I saw. Anyone saying he lost them that game doesn't know ball. Towns was a disaster in the first half, but stabilized somewhat in the second. Wasn't anywhere near good enough - he needs to play more like he has the rest of these playoffs.

Meanwhile NAW was -18, and I absolutely think it reflected his play, both on offense and defense. Not a single guy off that bench came to play. And I'm counting Naz in that assessment, who was a traffic cone on defense. Jokic attacked him relentlessly whenever he was in. And I'm ESPECIALLY including Kyle Anderson, who put in three of the most dogshit stints off the bench I have ever seen, including those crucial third-quarter minutes when Jokic was sitting on four fouls.

Annoying lapses, all correctible, combined with absolute fire shooting from the likes of Gordon.

awful waffle
May 10, 2024

Aye Doc posted:

new dad energy is supposed to invigorate a player and team but the Gobert baby has created a vortex pulling all the good vibes and good team play into it

romeo gobert shut down the wolves

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

now that the Wolves lost both games I will be marking my sports podcasts as played and not listening

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/rBillSimmonsPod/status/1789828160449618352

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
eat poo poo bill

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It was extremely dumb to count the nuggets out lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mistermojo posted:

now that the Wolves lost both games I will be marking my sports podcasts as played and not listening

you dont want to hear a bunch of 50 something guys talk about how disappointed they are in ant because jordan would never let his team lose or something?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

awful waffle posted:

romeo gobert shut down the wolves

romeo gobert has bad vibes

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I love playoffs because everybody loses all sense of perspective and the result of the last game or the last individual performance is how things will be forever now. Even people with usually pretty measured takes just lose their minds. It's the best

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EoinCannon posted:

I love playoffs because everybody loses all sense of perspective and the result of the last game or the last individual performance is how things will be forever now. Even people with usually pretty measured takes just lose their minds. It's the best

https://x.com/FlyByKnite/status/1789859211590951132

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

nachos posted:

I would have died laughing if gobert had seriously hurt himself there

KAT was in danger of having his nuts smashed by a knee there too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That's true Dallas be grifting and pleading with refs all game its sad to see. At least okc is honorable

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
It's kinda badass when a team goes down 0-2 and then just turns it on. Was crazy when the Clippers did it twice in a row. Not an ideal way to win a series but definitely badass.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
He's the ultimate prisoner of the moment. Whoever won the most recent game, is the winner of the series.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

If these fashion statements lead to the finals nobody's gonna be laughing anymore

There’s a better chance of everyone in this thread accidentally meeting each other in person while all wearing that shirt than the Pacers making the finals.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JoeVirayNBA/sta...timberwolves%2F

https://twitter.com/pfishyfisherton/status/1789845734948282698

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

temple posted:

He's the ultimate prisoner of the moment. Whoever won the most recent game, is the winner of the series.

He’s so broke brained by his gimmick that he’s looking for narratives as soon as he can form them

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i just rewatched the game. if they had made all of their shots, they would have easily won that game

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This also grows exponentially if you play the team multiple years in a row

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

These Google pixel commercials are getting out of hand

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

Extremely french for the miracle of fatherhood to send someone into a deep ennui

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Having Aaron Gordon bring it up has generally neutralized the ball pressure, especially with Gobert in the game. He's also taking the shots he's given and making them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

And the basketball gods frown on blasphemers who commit this heretical act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMlMu6rItwc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

temple posted:

this plus he's an attitude above all else guy and thinks Ant's the next MJ