Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I can't stop running this goddamn Moose game. It doesn't appear to be super deep unless there's a big paradigm shift coming but man is it mesmerizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

topheryan posted:

Is GOONS full? I’m giving ironwood another try

Should be an open slot now.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Sivart13 posted:

When I think of Alkahistorian I'm imagining various interdependent resources that have to be combined in just the right way to unlock some big multiplier and the next level of progress.

Now this is my poo poo. It has already taken many valuable hours from my personal and professional life.

I don't think I'm at the end but it's slowed way, way down for me and it's probably better waiting a year to see if there's more QoL updates. I got to the point where Spellbinding is needed for crafting but there's no way to train it other than crafting, which is glacial.

there's at least one system after crafting, but crafting is a little painful yeah. papercraft is actually really powerful and one thing it took me forever to figure out is you want your crafting levels at 1, despite having 10 at the start they function like orb levels and make crafting more expensive

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

explosivo posted:

I can't stop running this goddamn Moose game. It doesn't appear to be super deep unless there's a big paradigm shift coming but man is it mesmerizing.

Ultimately there's two kinds of idle games, the type that are grognard spreadsheet bait and type that are those bouncing fruit sensory videos for toddlers, but for adults.

topheryan
Jul 29, 2004

Ham Equity posted:

Should be an open slot now.

thanks, just applied

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

VictualSquid posted:

I am on mastery 3 on most crew, and pushing the beginning of sector 74. But my research is only e92 on average. Looks like I ended up with a strange build, accidentally.
This shard:

I suppose I will do a research run for the next few runs, after I finish the infinite synths.

You are going to start running into that in USI now with regards to shards. If you are not setting up everything to maximize shard drop chance it will be 0, so minimal it might as well be 0.

If you really want to farm it, you need to equip the Flex V shard in pink (or tied to it), Xeno Phenomenologist with 50 points into coordinated Shard Detection, as well as other Ingenuity crew (but primarily Materials Engineer), and don’t forget to turn on the Void Shard Sensor.

Before doing all that, having your shard drop research pumped a bunch will help as well.

Finally, if you want a guide to get through all the stuff to unlock Reinforcements:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r9xFSphzBw8a7qXmPw0fy0RE-e7xgEv6dBrOu3NPS5U/edit?usp=sharing

Because you shouldn’t have to Mastery 3 your crew to get there.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

I haven't mastery 3'd any crew member and I'm on sector 82. Although it's the next thing on my list to progress at this point. (Haven't looked at any guides though.) I also don't think I got that shard at all until I was past sector 80.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Sivart13 posted:

I don't think I'm at the end but it's slowed way, way down for me and it's probably better waiting a year to see if there's more QoL updates. I got to the point where Spellbinding is needed for crafting but there's no way to train it other than crafting, which is glacial.

Aren't there multiple ways to train spellbinding? Usually it's better to train intellect because the contribution (even 1%) is way bigger.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

Ultimately there's two kinds of idle games, the type that are grognard spreadsheet bait and type that are those bouncing fruit sensory videos for toddlers, but for adults.

I'll never forget trying to explain NGU to a normal gamer friend. He was flummoxed until he finally blurted out "Wait it's just a busy box for adults? OK fine"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

scaterry posted:

Aren't there multiple ways to train spellbinding? Usually it's better to train intellect because the contribution (even 1%) is way bigger.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

scaterry posted:

that's after you get over the initial crafting hump, presumably after I get "Courses of Apprentice" for 1Qa Knowledge which I'm nowhere near

I think the move is indeed to bear down on Intellect but boy did it slow down from the more interactive-feeling opening of the game

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Orvin posted:

You are going to start running into that in USI now with regards to shards. If you are not setting up everything to maximize shard drop chance it will be 0, so minimal it might as well be 0.

mmmm, yep, have to max *everything* in an area to make progress now. I was wondering why I couldn't push synth, thought I'd just have to let it cook in a few other areas for awhile. Then realized I had missed changing *one* thing over. I guess gotta start using those loadouts.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

VictualSquid posted:

I am on mastery 3 on most crew, and pushing the beginning of sector 74. But my research is only e92 on average. Looks like I ended up with a strange build, accidentally.
This shard:

I suppose I will do a research run for the next few runs, after I finish the infinite synths.

Pushing research will also juice your synth by orders of magnitude. At crew mastery 3 you might possibly have the upgrade from 420 total crew rank? But if you don't have 420 crew rank, the trick at this stage is to turn off Auto Switch Stats on crew. So like for research, you get Energy Tech and Researcher both with Acumen only, and no Ingenuity anywhere on your crew. Along with research station, module, and shard links you should be able to push research well past e100. And there's other little tricks like outfitting your ship to max salvage and void matter for a little while (for crew skill and XP multiplier) and then using retrofit and sleeves to respec into a research build (or synth or energy, etc.)

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I'm only at sector 52 but min maxing your shards is the key really to a lot of things in this game. How often does it update btw? Seeing as I only have one more mechanic to unlock eventually.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

FrickenMoron posted:

I'm only at sector 52 but min maxing your shards is the key really to a lot of things in this game. How often does it update btw? Seeing as I only have one more mechanic to unlock eventually.

Oh a lot more mechanics open up after 74

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Current endgame is sector 100.

I'm a bit iffy on the current 74+ content right now. It very much turned into progressing 1 sector every 3 days or so, with a lot of letting things build up.

The steam notes talk about a re-balance patch coming up soon.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
re: Ironwood

I don't know if I was just having terrible luck but mining seems to give way more gemstones than combat. We're done with the diamonds now but maybe something to test/keep in mind for the next gemstone rush for guild buildings.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DemonMage posted:

re: Ironwood

I don't know if I was just having terrible luck but mining seems to give way more gemstones than combat. We're done with the diamonds now but maybe something to test/keep in mind for the next gemstone rush for guild buildings.

No, that’s accurate. I topped up the 900 or whatever was left from leaving obsidian mine overnight. Even with combat loot potions the drops from combat are hot garbage and I’m not even sure if they double anything at all.

Gathering events are going to be the best when we’re trying to finish a building, but the rotation is pretty good for giving the most benefit to overall progression.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Lufia posted:

Current endgame is sector 100.

I'm a bit iffy on the current 74+ content right now. It very much turned into progressing 1 sector every 3 days or so, with a lot of letting things build up.

The steam notes talk about a re-balance patch coming up soon.

The latest post is about addressing 75-90 issues so the dev seems to be aware.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jhet posted:

No, that’s accurate. I topped up the 900 or whatever was left from leaving obsidian mine overnight. Even with combat loot potions the drops from combat are hot garbage and I’m not even sure if they double anything at all.

Gathering events are going to be the best when we’re trying to finish a building, but the rotation is pretty good for giving the most benefit to overall progression.

I will keep this in mind for the next time we need gems. Starting tomorrow, gonna be gathering events until we clear out the Ironbark for the Bank. Once we get that and the money, won't have to worry about building pushes for awhile.

I kicked another million towards building the Guild Bank, if you've got the dosh to spare, please kick some in. Higher-level people should aim for 1.5-2 million, lower-level people aim for 750,000-1 million.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

tingus goose devs posted:

Hi, gooslings
version 2.1.0 is released, so, I'm starting to collect feedback
I'll announce it today in <#812528510470979584>

We care about old and new players and yeah, we know the update isn't exciting for old players. However, we really needed to put such drastic changes
We are already thinking on how to make the game more interactive
I'll be reporting regularly here!

Turned out, new players like this version more
It's easier for them and many bugs are gone
So, at least, our game can sustain now (it was on the verge of bankruptcy)
And we appreciate you staying with us

We've got the app performance data of new and old players. Their retention, days played, time played.
And also, for the most part, old players dropped the rating(i don't judje them for it), new players don't really write their feedback unless there are major bugs.

Also, there were more issues with the last version. Like lagging on higher levels, levels working bad, bugs, etc..
And also, as I've mentioned earlier, the old version had reached the amount of players we could have attracted. That meant, we were in a bad position moneywise.
It means, we didn't have a revenue to continue supporting and running the game.
That's why we had to change it. It would have died if we didn't.

I would have provided the money and player's data, but it's against the rules

plus, most ppl in mobile gaming are normies, so the prefer easier games

New players like it more I swear, just ignore the play store rating. Also most people are dumb, blame them for us having to remove all mechanics from our game

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

more like dingus goose

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
USI: Any viable all kinetic setups? I've finally run into phased enemies at Sector 53 and I've been running all laser setups basically the entire game (aside from computer challenge)
I guess it could work until you run into any enemies with shield regen.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Len posted:

I'll announce it today in <#812528510470979584>

The gently caress is that?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

GrossMurpel posted:

The gently caress is that?

Discord

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I cleared up a spot in the Ironwood guild if anyone else was looking to get in. Not sure what it is but Ironwood's still just not doing it for me.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
Sent a request for GOONS on Ironwood.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Getting close to reaching the end of Moose Miners and jesus christ this game is poorly optimized late game. Getting single digit FPS when looking at the main part of my mine storage/crafting area so I am now literally playing the game mostly looking at an untouched field of gems to stop it from throttling everything else I'm doing on my PC. The dev said performance is first on the list of fixes, I guess it's creating models for every single piece of everything that gets mined/crafted and sits in storage and doesn't do anything to optimize it so running 7000+ miners right now and yeah it's not having a good time!

Edit: Yeah I think I'm done here. I think I was still hoping deep down inside that there'd be a crazy prestige mechanic that opened up all the real interesting stuff or something but it is not going to happen. Once you get all the upgrades (which is fairly quick) it's just a lot of waiting.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 13, 2024

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

crime weed posted:

not quite an "idle" game, but an alkahistorian-like:

https://idleelem.net/

one tip --- once you hit water: level up your "offline progress" perk. you'll want it maxed out. it also has an app but it's a massive battery hog

So I gave this a go over the weekend, but once you hit the (first?) prestige, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be focusing on, or do I just keep doing prestiges? I've gotten the first Prestige cap increase, but haven't done six prestiges yet.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

USI: Any viable all kinetic setups? I've finally run into phased enemies at Sector 53 and I've been running all laser setups basically the entire game (aside from computer challenge)
I guess it could work until you run into any enemies with shield regen.

I'm end-game content and I run 2x missile 2x bomb 1x disruption 1x beam (for shielded enemies). You want almost all bottom for the kinetics (top for the 7th and last perk choices), and kinetic volley on auto (kinetic volley is hilariously overpowered once you have the cooldown real low). beam all top except mass focuser (ramps slow sure but everything is dying quick so you want a hard initial hit and that gives it to you) and shield damage synergy. Its a good setup that has carried me from about where you are to the current end-game.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Sounds like a good idea, I felt that a beam is necessary since even 2 laser cannons couldnt keep up with dedicated regenerator enemies. No kinetic cannons running on support duty?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

crime weed posted:

one tip --- once you hit water: level up your "offline progress" perk. you'll want it maxed out. it also has an app but it's a massive battery hog

I love seeing how new idle games handle mechanics that have been done so many times before - the way this one has the autoclick shrink the progress bar from the right while manual clicking shrinks it from the left is a neat one. And Idlemancery's Wizard Orb is a pretty great mechanic that lets you increase speed at an imbalanced tradeoff against resource costs, meaning you have to puzzle out the right balance to use it optimally rather than just being a simple straightforward upgrade you buy and then never think about again.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 13, 2024

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Anfauglir posted:

I'm end-game content and I run 2x missile 2x bomb 1x disruption 1x beam (for shielded enemies). You want almost all bottom for the kinetics (top for the 7th and last perk choices), and kinetic volley on auto (kinetic volley is hilariously overpowered once you have the cooldown real low). beam all top except mass focuser (ramps slow sure but everything is dying quick so you want a hard initial hit and that gives it to you) and shield damage synergy. Its a good setup that has carried me from about where you are to the current end-game.
I am so happy to hear your load out, because I feel like I put very little thought into mine, just running something that can cover most threats, and 2 missiles, 2 bombs, 1 disruptor, 1 beam is what I landed on.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

crime weed posted:

Also, I only just started but I think I'd suggest getting +5? before buying air, or else you'll be annoyed about being short of an upgrade later.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 13, 2024

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Randalor posted:

So I gave this a go over the weekend, but once you hit the (first?) prestige, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be focusing on, or do I just keep doing prestiges? I've gotten the first Prestige cap increase, but haven't done six prestiges yet.

You start with only being able to prestige wood, but once you hit 1 quad/quintillion (1e15/18) fire, you can prestige that as well by spending metal on the new automatic upgrade/button press system. You can kind of speed it up by having multiple auto processes going at once, but it's still a bit of a slog and it conflicts with being able to upgrade fire's speed at those levels since that also requires metal for each new level. The auto processes don't have to actually upgrade anything, but if it's not even theoretically possible to get a required resource while a timer is running, that automation process is locked until you prestige again (fire's third upgrade requires air to get its second or third x25 boost, for the example that you're probably most likely to run into; note that if this happens to you, the timer will not tick down any further and the increased price you pay to run more than one automator at once will stay at least as of when I played last). It's an interesting idea on paper, but not the most fun in practice since you have to burn a fair bit of time on getting metal and waiting for the fire prestige timer to tick down (not to mention the in-game description of what to do for fire's prestige system is just a little too brief to be intuitive and I did not figure it out for a while). I highly recommend only using upgrade automators since they're the cheapest way to stack a lot of time accumulation at once per bolt of metal you have to spend on it.

There's also a couple little challenges you can do to get the ability to carry over higher levels of important upgrades across prestiges, but those are comparatively way easier to figure out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The absolute worst part is the cap on your prestige resources and needing to spend a whole prestige just to buy an increase in that cap.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ghostlight posted:

The absolute worst part is the cap on your prestige resources and needing to spend a whole prestige just to buy an increase in that cap.

There's a bit of silver lining in that you will get credit for whatever prestige you get with a given resource so that even if you can't hold the 100 extra air you got from wood, you will still get the bonus to your wood generation and stores, along with all other similar element bonuses, but it's not much fun to be gated that way, especially since it looks like I'll have to get past water before I can hold more than 80 air. I'm not looking forward to earth's prestige so far, especially since I couldn't get to 10 the first time and the 8 I ended up with doesn't seem to have had much effect, but hopefully that improves once I get past 10 prestige credit for it.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
The metal thing is also hot loving garbage because you spend metal, then you get to blow 30s while your tree income is halved and then another 30s with your fire income halved.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Sounds like a good idea, I felt that a beam is necessary since even 2 laser cannons couldnt keep up with dedicated regenerator enemies. No kinetic cannons running on support duty?

you might be able to swap one missle out for a kinetic cannon, but I don't think you really need one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Cool. The gently caress is metal?

I just have Wood, Fire, Earth? and Air is the prestige resource.