Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

sullat posted:

Only in death do student loans end

This summer, Joe Biden is going to present his final student debt relief deal. In exchange for $600 in debt relief for everyone* with federal student loans, student debt will be made hereditary.

*after means testing and 11 month approval process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ol bernie shoring up the biden electorate and his own

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gonna tune in to find out who I should vote for, given that one is a fascist and the other is a genocidal maniac

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

biceps crimes posted:

gonna tune in to find out who I should vote for, given that one is a fascist and the other is a genocidal maniac

Here's the best thing - you don't need to choose. You can have both!

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

I think we all know the only way to properly measure ancestry is with calipers

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Jerry just made a big deal about hating young people for not liking his crap so why would they be happy to see him?

He made his career being a middle of the road c-lister and he should accept that.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

biceps crimes posted:

You've got a choice between two senile genocidal rapist fascist maniacs, OP.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
the bad forum needs another head mod if the one they have is 2 weeks behind in dealing with reports. clearly they're overwhelmed by the sheer volume of reports flowing in and it's definitely not grudge-bans being doled out after mashing that [?] button when they disagree with someone.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Make me the mod and I'll ban everyone who earnestly posts in that shithole.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

The Demilich posted:

that would cut down on the number of reports koos has to deal with, so it's probably the best way to help his workload.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Same on my dad's side (no DNA test, but I'm pretty sure it'd be nothing just like your sister's). IIRC you're also from TN, right? I feel like the "native american ancestry" myths are exceptionally common in this general area.

On the upside, it wasn't frequently repeated. I don't think I've heard it mentioned since I was a kid.

I grew up in MS and basically never heard anyone talk about where their family was originally from in regards to European ancestry. I've never heard a definitive answer from either side of my family. Sometimes you'd hear about someone who has choctaw or chickasaw blood but didn't know anyone who made it into their identity.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

The Demilich posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It's time for asset activation. You'll see a dossier with our sleeper, should you wish to review it. He's a long term embed. Very long term project. Name?

The Bern Identity

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/vanillaopinions/status/1789696009586581976?t=_xjc2G8DwXt3U0wH0k7vHg&s=19

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Angelica:
And I know she'll be happy as his bride.
And I know you will be satisfied.
I will never be satisfied.

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
iirc this is heating up into a controversy in Newfoundland because famously Shawanadithit was the last of the island's Indians, and died in 1829. People didn't want to be identified as part-native before, even 10-15 years ago, but now, maybe there's enough benefit to it because suddenly (white) Newfoundlanders are trying to get recognized as Beothuk Indians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylgo4uBbouQ

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

sullat posted:

Only in death do student loans end

A new program where lenders can apply for USPS-distributed means-tested bottles of strychnine as student loan relief.

Twitter liberals celebrate that not only has Biden created Total, Final Forgiveness for all student loans, but that the following population reduction makes this his second-largest climate accomplishment, after the genocide.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
Norm's interview with these Krauts is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G__W0B_8ZoA

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Uh excuse me I was told that nobody actually cares about Gaza and that the economy is fine and that young people and minorities are definitely gonna vote for Joe.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1789966390201368654#m

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
well

1. the economy rules
2. you don't even really care about gaza

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1790011619558273361

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
infrastructure decade to build 7 EV charging stations with like 50 billion dollars :thumbsup:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1790009747216683416

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hmmmm it sounds like biden should change course on israel/gaza then

actually, NO! the answer is for people to care less about gaza

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
2016 was the only election I didn't vote in - I was camped at standing rock; I hitchhiked to and camped at the rnc and dnc earlier that summer. I was a Bernie guy. I was a bit accelerationist. A fully radicalized anarchist. I also read these forums so I'm not a totally oblivious rube. I am still radicalized, but I am also radically opposed to accelerationism. The lesson I've learned is that it burns the poorest, the most disenfranchised, first - and then burns upward from there. The key point is that there is an international fascist machine attempting to take the reigns of the US federal apparatus and that international fascist machine is very clearly pushing accelerationism and is lined up ready to take over the vacuum. The federal apparatus will not crumble, it will transform into a new even more monstrous machine.

Biden, to me, represents the #occupy movement gaining significant influence of the dnc's platform.

Pete '28 is the best possible future I can forsee. The best course to pursue. I will exert my limited influence thusly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
lol they are genuinely convinced they already gave young people everything they want and they still want more for some reason

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

lol they are genuinely convinced they already gave young people everything they want and they still want more for some reason

we threw some money at climate change for PR talking-point reasons, why are you still mad :confused:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what else could anyone want if not platitudes?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

trupmo: heavily drinking provides an important emotional outlet

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Head with the same shape and contents of a rotting gourd

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

the implication here would be that a lot of people are looking for an excuse to hate Biden?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Lol
"Push him left after the election" became "Give him a chance, he hasn't been in the job that long". That became "Shut up with the lefty poo poo, it's an important congressional election year" which became "It's costing us valuable time and money telling you 'no' so many times, go away already".

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Head with the same shape and contents of a rotting gourd

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Rubellavator posted:

the implication here would be that a lot of people are looking for an excuse to hate Biden?

yes, and that this is their fault and that's what's important

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Phone posted:

2016 was the only election I didn't vote in - I was camped at standing rock; I hitchhiked to and camped at the rnc and dnc earlier that summer. I was a Bernie guy. I was a bit accelerationist. A fully radicalized anarchist. I also read these forums so I'm not a totally oblivious rube. I am still radicalized, but I am also radically opposed to accelerationism. The lesson I've learned is that it burns the poorest, the most disenfranchised, first - and then burns upward from there. The key point is that there is an international fascist machine attempting to take the reigns of the US federal apparatus and that international fascist machine is very clearly pushing accelerationism and is lined up ready to take over the vacuum. The federal apparatus will not crumble, it will transform into a new even more monstrous machine.

Biden, to me, represents the #occupy movement gaining significant influence of the dnc's platform.

Pete '28 is the best possible future I can forsee. The best course to pursue. I will exert my limited influence thusly.

jesus h christ

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1789835819919773985

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Phone posted:

I will exert my limited influence thusly.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Please leave us behind. Stop considering the country's actual left wing as part of the Democrat voting block by divine mandate

Let me know how those numbers look