Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mcmagic posted:

There are people in this very thread who love trump!

I'm sure there are a non-zero number of them who think he's funny/entertaining and you have confused people laughing at his antics for diehard support

You still think Willa is voting for Trump, you've got just enough brainworms left where you can't understand that most people here correctly realize that no matter who we elect, poo poo will just keep getting worse

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

WampaLord posted:

:monocle:

It is very funny how libs act like this is the most shocking information ever that should make one immediately go "Oh my God, I have to vote for Biden to stop Trump, I didn't realize one of them was going to win!", goes back to that "thinks of the left as a child" mentality

I'm speaking generally here, not calling mcmagic out specifically for this particular argument, even though he is very lib brained with thinking everyone who says "Biden sucks" is also saying "but I love Trump"

That's because it's convenient to make it a binary "Either you love Biden or you love Trump."

Because otherwise you have to admit that third parties exist that have platforms people actually like.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Democrats should not be in power ever again.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

We've already had a Trump administration and when compared to the typical Republican admin it was more funny than particularly bad, especially when you consider the global war poo poo from the last Republican admin

I think letting the orange cheeto back into the oval office is a less bad outcome than letting the American ruling class prove they can literally do a genocide and get away with it, and I don't have to love Donald Trump and want to kiss him on the mouth to think that

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
if the McGovern loss haunted Dems for 50 years and reshaped everything about how they ran campaigns, what will a Biden loss to Trump do to them and how long will it be felt?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the_steve posted:

That's because it's convenient to make it a binary "Either you love Biden or you love Trump."

Because otherwise you have to admit that third parties exist that have platforms people actually like.

also this, yes, the fact that nobody takes third parties seriously is a mark of (a) how broken FPTP is and (b) how propagandized our population is

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
*paul_soccer voice*

Nonsense posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Phone posted:

2016 was the only election I didn't vote in - I was camped at standing rock; I hitchhiked to and camped at the rnc and dnc earlier that summer. I was a Bernie guy. I was a bit accelerationist. A fully radicalized anarchist. I also read these forums so I'm not a totally oblivious rube. I am still radicalized, but I am also radically opposed to accelerationism. The lesson I've learned is that it burns the poorest, the most disenfranchised, first - and then burns upward from there. The key point is that there is an international fascist machine attempting to take the reigns of the US federal apparatus and that international fascist machine is very clearly pushing accelerationism and is lined up ready to take over the vacuum. The federal apparatus will not crumble, it will transform into a new even more monstrous machine.

Biden, to me, represents the #occupy movement gaining significant influence of the dnc's platform.

Pete '28 is the best possible future I can forsee. The best course to pursue. I will exert my limited influence thusly.

:same:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I would like one of these pragmatic realists to tell me how they envision a real left faction coming to power in this country without the Democrats eating poo poo forever and getting Whigged

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

also this, yes, the fact that nobody takes third parties seriously is a mark of (a) how broken FPTP is and (b) how propagandized our population is

That Simpsons "go ahead, throw your vote away!" joke about voting for a third party instead of Kang/Kodos really burrowed its way deep into the psyche of at least one generation, possibly two

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

loquacius posted:

I would like one of these pragmatic realists to tell me how they envision a real left faction coming to power in this country without the Democrats eating poo poo forever and getting Whigged

Step 1 literally is preventing the Democrats from ever winning another presidential election. Then state judicial elections, and then Congress.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

we just have to either change the Democratic Party's entire worldview and support base or replace them entirely, but we can't let them lose a single election in the process *bad trolley problem meme*

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mcmagic posted:

yeah i do lol

drat right

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

loquacius posted:

we just have to either change the Democratic Party's entire worldview and support base or replace them entirely, but we can't let them lose a single election in the process *bad trolley problem meme*

Bernie, as lovely as he is, was the peaceful path to this. If he had won the primary he (in theory, I don't think Actual Bernie would have done this nearly enough) he could have thrown out a lot of the grifters/failsons making up the ranks of the party and replaced them with better lefty types. Turn the Dems back into a party of labor.

But even though Bernie has plenty of succ in him and would have probably done all the bad things they need Presidents to do, he was making mouth noises about Better Things Being Possible and we simply can't have that so ratfuck-a-go-go!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mcmagic posted:

yeah i do lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

CSPAM trump voters caucus

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
It's funny how these "it's not what biden did, its social media/the left/foreign interference/whatever" people never address the fact that Biden is running ~10% behind senate candidates in swing states.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bedpan posted:

CSPAM trump voters caucus

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Honestly the main factor in who wins is just gonna be something dumb like "what gas prices are on the week of election day"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao, xers

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this is the second siena poll in a couple months that has only the olds clearly preferring biden.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Willa Rogers posted:

this is the second siena poll in a couple months that has only the olds clearly preferring biden.

generation theory vindicated !!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Bernie, as lovely as he is, was the peaceful path to this. If he had won the primary he (in theory, I don't think Actual Bernie would have done this nearly enough) he could have thrown out a lot of the grifters/failsons making up the ranks of the party and replaced them with better lefty types. Turn the Dems back into a party of labor.

But even though Bernie has plenty of succ in him and would have probably done all the bad things they need Presidents to do, he was making mouth noises about Better Things Being Possible and we simply can't have that so ratfuck-a-go-go!

bernie has demonstrated time and again that he loves the grifters and failsons almost as much as he loves joe biden and genocide.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Honestly the main factor in who wins is just gonna be something dumb like "what gas prices are on the week of election day"

that sounds stancilish

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

they want their twilight years to feel normal so they can die in peace

(peace at home)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rubellavator posted:

that sounds stancilish

To make it fully Stancil Thought would entail me lying to you that $4/gallon gas prices are good, actually

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

bernie has demonstrated time and again that he loves the grifters and failsons almost as much as he loves joe biden and genocide.

Bernie reminding us over and over how much he loves Joe Biden

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

mcmagic posted:

I won't be. But one of them is going to win.

yeah, trump, obviously

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

HallelujahLee posted:

cant wait for this freak to disappear

bad news

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Good Citizen posted:

yeah, trump, obviously

yes, very likely.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Phone posted:

bad news

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"i'm demonstrating my commitment to purging the neoliberal rot from this country by hiring as many sociopathic ladder climbing dnc insiders as i can find to run my campaign. twice!"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I honestly don’t think there’s any scenario where trump loses that doesn’t involve Biden just falling over dead in the next month or so.

which i guess is very possible cause fucks sake just look at the guy

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
drat, i forgot to make the pic b&w

dumb forums software

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Gen x was the real enemy all along

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How's Will polling lately

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Phone posted:

bad news

War-crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope that biden losing the election really, really hurts him. he's divorced from all consequences except mortality and emotional pain. the former is certain, so i'd like the latter to kick in before that.