Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Knicks badly miss forward OG Anunoby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Thank you, Magic

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Fast Luck posted:

The Knicks badly miss forward OG Anunoby!

lol I got beaten to it while making the image

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Yeah and then if your team wins you quickly move back to pre game 1 respect mode. That was my Jalen Brunson arc in last year’s playoffs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The pacers beat the bucks without the freak and they would have been swept by the knicks if OG didn't die so they are clearly lucky assholes.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
When the Pacers were up 43 points in the 4th quarter I was definitely thanking the basketball gods that OG Anunoby wasn't out there. If he was, they may have only led by 30!

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

mcmagic posted:

The pacers beat the bucks without the freak and they would have been swept by the knicks if OG didn't die so they are clearly lucky assholes.

the pacers beat the bucks 4-1 in the regular season and there were 3 wins between the pacers and the knicks this season, friend.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

mcmagic posted:

what a 30 point loss does to a man

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Pacers are ethical hoopers as they blew out the Knicks while only taking 8 FTs to the Knicks 31.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I don’t respect New York City or any of the teams that play there and no one else should either

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Codependent Poster posted:

The Pacers are ethical hoopers as they blew out the Knicks while only taking 8 FTs to the Knicks 31.

I wonder how Adam Silver feels when he sends in a ringer like Tony Brothers, and the team he's trying to help just absolutely shits the bed.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I don’t respect New York City or any of the teams that play there and no one else should either

I liked Wayne Gretzky and Derek Jeter a lot when I was a kid. Everyone else I cannot really care about

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If a team like the Knicks somehow went down to only 4 players who could play, is there a rule that would allow emergency 10 day playoff contracts?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Spacebump posted:

If a team like the Knicks somehow went down to only 4 players who could play, is there a rule that would allow emergency 10 day playoff contracts?

thibs single handedly grinding down the strategic baller reserves joints and cartilage to nothing

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

the immortal phrase "gently caress 'em" comes to mind

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

+ LA + dallas

verbal enema posted:

the immortal phrase "gently caress 'em" comes to mind

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

:yeah:

Knicks-Sixers was a heel vs. heel matchup not an endorsement of the Knicks, the Sixers are devoid of honor.

https://twitter.com/_zachblatter/status/1790071846739619988

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah, well, Go Knicks

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I'm interested to see how the knicks come out next game. Before this started, I thought the pacers deeper roster and quick pace would wear down thibs' style of starter-heavy game management over a protracted series, and it sure looked like that happened in game 4.

Then again, the pacers love to drop critical games against teams they have an honest shot at beating.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

big boi posted:

Yeah, well, Go Knicks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

I'm interested to see how the knicks come out next game. Before this started, I thought the pacers deeper roster and quick pace would wear down thibs' style of starter-heavy game management over a protracted series, and it sure looked like that happened in game 4.

Then again, the pacers love to drop critical games against teams they have an honest shot at beating.

Same, though I am rooting for the Knicks to win. (Because Brunson.)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 13, 2024

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I hope the Pacers win as a knock on all those people who say stifling defense is important, i want to see a team that just runs and goes instead of pounding the rock every posession.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I just hope both teams have fun :shobon:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The knicks haven't had real success in a long enough time that I don't really hold anything against them. Their fans are more charmingly psychotic than smug.

But it's still Pacers to the finals and all of us wearing weird tyrese shirts

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
a pox upon New York sports

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The knicks haven't had real success in a long enough time that I don't really hold anything against them. Their fans are more charmingly psychotic than smug.

new york fans will make you regret this feeling so goddamn fast

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If they get one championship and start getting too big for their britches it'll just be funnier when there's another 20 year drought :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Punkin Spunkin posted:

But it's still Pacers to the finals and all of us wearing weird tyrese shirts

remembering when KD didn't sign with them and knicks fans insisted he was too afraid to play in the garden

pacers/wolves final is my ideal but definitely not adam silver's

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Pacer wolves would be awful but tbh all the east teams are going to get murdered

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://x.com/amnotevan/status/1790032172369244633?s=46

Is this some lame Off-White riff or did they let the intern design the shirts

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
That doesn't speak "we're gonna win this series" confidence to me

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Big "Attendance Award" Energy in that Cavs shirt.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bronny James Receives Medical Clearance, Expected To Remain In Draft
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/05/bronny-james-receives-medical-clearance-expected-to-remain-in-draft.html

Papercut posted:

Gonna be funny when Brunson makes it further in the playoffs than Luka

Every year I SMH when the Heat and Cavaliers are still playing and LBJ is out.

Apparently the double-double is not very sexy. Also, surprising to see that AD got zero votes.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Jamal Murray is BACK: https://i.imgur.com/vMM9cyD.mp4

A bettor sitting on a $1.7 million payout if the Thunder win the NBA title is hedging by letting in outside investors
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bettor-sitting-1-7-million-035718370.html

"The original $100 bet was a parlay ticket that also included championships for the Texas Rangers and Kansas City Chiefs, both of which have happened."

Paying2Lurk posted:

Big "Attendance Award" Energy in that Cavs shirt.

Looking forward to buying Bulls play-in threepeat shirts.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Papes posted:

Luka literally never had possession. I’ll grant you that it touched his hands for .001 microseconds and then immediately coughed it up.

I think that's a nanosecond. Apparently there's something called a rontosecond. That's close enough to a rondosecond IMO.

Crazy Ted posted:

Speaking of Win Shares, it's got to be just about impossible to break Kareem's single-season of record of 25.4 and Wemby's going to break it isn't he?

EDIT: In Kareem's six seasons in Milwaukee he had 115 Win Shares holy poo poo

And if you include the playoffs then 1964 Wilt had nearly 29 WS.

Neither of those are likely to be surpassed. Kareem's scoring (relative to league average) was superior to 2016 Curry. Victor W. could reach that if the NBA created a 4P line and he was by far the best 4P shooter while also being a generational defender.

Another issue is that modern players play fewer minutes. Victor W. will probably never average 40+ MPG like the typical silent generation/boomer players.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

morestuff posted:

Is this some lame Off-White riff or did they let the intern design the shirts

Well, we know ownership wasn't involved in the design or it'd be in comic sans

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Welp, Mitchell's out of tonight's game. GG Boston.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Paying2Lurk posted:

Welp, Mitchell's out of tonight's game. GG Boston.

I hope they still find a way to lose this game to the cavs, it's not out of their wheelhouse.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
They just might

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Boston loves playing down to the competition they will lose by 17