Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

remember that week when the mueller report came out and people were hyperventilating about how Trump. Is. Done

surely. any minute now. for the first time in American history, the law will be enforced on a member of the aristocratic class.

ANY MINUTE NOW.

it's so funny and hosed up that it's not for trump's actual crimes, like murdering that 8 year old american citizen abroad in his second week. it's for bizarre technicalities with campaign finance.

and generally, I have an okay knowledge of campaign finance rules from experience, and I don't even 100% get why what he did wasn't a normal campaign expense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Nitevision posted:

He is right, but the young can change things. The sad fact is they do not vote, and if they vote at all it is only in presidential. Even in those elections well less then 50% vote.

They are a big voting block, if they all start voting, including in local elections, in about 10 years you will see change. But seems people these days want instant change.

2024 will be a big tell for the young, depending on who wins, things could get far worse for them.

Right now, the corporations determine who runs the US, the young, if that have patience, can change things by voting in all elections.

https://x.com/barackobama/status/1261004586359422979?s=46

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Phone posted:

Biden, to me, represents the #occupy movement gaining significant influence of the dnc's platform.

Pete '28 is the best possible future I can forsee. The best course to pursue. I will exert my limited influence thusly.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCKK

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
buttigege tears up his cinnamon rolls into little bites and gnaws on them like a rat

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT HIW DARE YOU YES IT IS!!!!!!!!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/yaelbt/status/1789706790851985484

lol

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

how long until seinfeld says he’s been treated worse than michael richards

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Nitevision posted:

He is right, but the young can change things. The sad fact is they do not vote, and if they vote at all it is only in presidential. Even in those elections well less then 50% vote.

They are a big voting block, if they all start voting, including in local elections, in about 10 years you will see change. But seems people these days want instant change.

2024 will be a big tell for the young, depending on who wins, things could get far worse for them.

Right now, the corporations determine who runs the US, the young, if that have patience, can change things by voting in all elections.

No they can't

quote:

These findings suggest that political representation functions reasonably well for the affluent. But the middle-class and the poor are essentially unrepresented (unless they happen to share the preferences of the well-off

lmao

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i do think there's a good chance that Biden wins this as a squeaker, the media and legal system are gunning hard for trump and that's going to suppress his voters. Roe is going to keep turn out higher than average for Biden.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Trabisnikof posted:

i do think there's a good chance that Biden wins this as a squeaker, the media and legal system are gunning hard for trump and that's going to suppress his voters. Roe is going to keep turn out higher than average for Biden.

I know this is a syq but what are they basing the idea that having hosed up Roe will be actually good for Biden on besides wishful thinking

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It’s probably true, but probably not for the reason she thinks it is

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
It's always been Biden's election to lose. That he is still probably going to lose will fuel fingerpointing for many years.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nichael posted:

and generally, I have an okay knowledge of campaign finance rules from experience, and I don't even 100% get why what he did wasn't a normal campaign expense.

iirc the problem is trump didn't use campaign cash but paid for it out of pocket. they're arguing it would have been legal if trump had used campaign cash instead (and filed the right paperwork) lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

loquacius posted:

I know this is a syq but what are they basing the idea that having hosed up Roe will be actually good for Biden on besides wishful thinking

not a syq, my actual opinion lol. i think biden might still pull this off (derogatory).

i think this is going to be a low turnout election. Roe does function as good GOTV for middle class/upper class liberals, at least this year.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i dont think hes winning at this point every day the genocide continues plus the economy makes it worse and worse for him

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

An important note for this analogy is that by only responding with anger and condescension Dem loyalists are also revealing themselves as terrible parents

mommy pelosi

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Don't need to read anymore Will or Wu or other dancing R commentators. Joe Biden is going to lose by historic proportions.

i love this term

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

There are people in this very thread who love trump!

*raises paw*

SixteenShells posted:

if the McGovern loss haunted Dems for 50 years and reshaped everything about how they ran campaigns, what will a Biden loss to Trump do to them and how long will it be felt?

they'll blame russia or china or gays or blacks or "terrorists" and learn nothing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I would blow my brains out in heartbeat if that was the actual peak of my life

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
yeah hey, where's the box for "Hush money" on this FEC campaign finance form?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I deeply hate Stencil

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

mama bear pelosi

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Step 1 literally is preventing the Democrats from ever winning another presidential election. Then state judicial elections, and then Congress.

it'd be healthier imo for this nation to have an effective 1v1 of :smugdon: versus :brainworms:

:brainworms: is a zionist too, but at least he seems mildly more serious on the climate than :dementia: and the major parties need to die

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

not a syq, my actual opinion lol. i think biden might still pull this off (derogatory).

i think this is going to be a low turnout election. Roe does function as good GOTV for middle class/upper class liberals, at least this year.

you got it. at least this is my opinion too.

a huge percentage of people who are saying right now that they'll never vote for joe because of XYZ will in fact vote for joe come election day if the history of the democratic electorate is anything to go by. will the people coming back to the fold be enough to counteract those staying home/not voting joe?

no loving idea

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Bernie, as lovely as he is, was the peaceful path to this. If he had won the primary he (in theory, I don't think Actual Bernie would have done this nearly enough) he could have thrown out a lot of the grifters/failsons making up the ranks of the party and replaced them with better lefty types. Turn the Dems back into a party of labor.

But even though Bernie has plenty of succ in him and would have probably done all the bad things they need Presidents to do, he was making mouth noises about Better Things Being Possible and we simply can't have that so ratfuck-a-go-go!

he also had his own coterie of failsons and palette swapped ducklos lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i legit dont think the young people are coming back and the arabs and muslims sure as well wont

the losers that typically vote dem yeah of course those always will

you now need to add the fact that the kids are being beat over the head on campuses and this is entirely supported by genocide joe

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

he also had his own coterie of failsons and palette swapped ducklos lol

who he later said were the reason he considers his campaign a success because some of these people got jobs in the biden administration

Bernie Sanders vacuum cleaned the leftists and progressives of time and money just so some of his underlings could climb the ladder with a gig in the biden admin

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i hope that biden losing the election really, really hurts him. he's divorced from all consequences except mortality and emotional pain. the former is certain, so i'd like the latter to kick in before that.

me too

HallelujahLee posted:

i legit dont think the young people are coming back and the arabs and muslims sure as well wont

there's precedent that at least with trump, he's continued to erode core democrat demographics in 2016, then 2020, and now 2024.

however we got to keep in mind that most of the GOP doesn't actually understand how to campaign, just like most of the dems. there aren't other candidates with his skills out there who are anywhere close to major campaigns.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 20:16 on May 13, 2024

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

as long as the democrat party exists their is no hope for america

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I think Biden has a chance of willing because out elections are fake with 0 overisght

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I just really hate bernie sanders

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

They rarely poll for state legislature races, esp. primaries.

yes, and when they "do", they're largely unscientific bullshit designed to influence the electorate

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Nichael posted:

however we got to keep in mind that most of the GOP doesn't actually under how to campaign, just like most of the dems. there aren't other candidates with his skills out there who are anywhere close to major campaigns.

if the protests are massive at the convention which at least maybe will be the case thats prob a good indicator imo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pappyland posted:

would that be funnier than the non-zero chance Kamala becomes president before Election Day and wins? and then runs as an incumbent in 2028?

she'd be eligible for 2032 too lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

you now need to add the fact that the kids are being beat over the head on campuses and this is entirely supported by genocide joe

probably. won't know until election day. if we end up with anything like 2020, Biden can't afford even small defections

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

he has no moments of lucidity

biden is perfectly lucid when he is telling people he wants to genocide or telling dying people that he will never do universal healthcare

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

bedpan posted:

probably. won't know until election day. if we end up with anything like 2020, Biden can't afford even small defections

my general guess is if things continue the way they are hes done

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I refuse to rob joe biden of agency in his seeming implacable campaign to make the world a worse place. He knows what he is doing, he likes what he is doing, he wants to keep doing it, and aware of his diminishing capacity for work due to age is carefully budgeting his time and energy to continue to do evil.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

bedpan posted:

He knows what he is doing, he likes what he is doing, he wants to keep doing it, and aware of his diminishing capacity for work due to age carefully budgeting his time and energy to continue to do evil.

let's dispense with the notion that joe biden doesn't know what he's doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

she'd be eligible for 2032 too lmao

no, because she'd have served more than half of an unfulfilled presidential term

if biden is elected, dies in 2026 and THEN Kamala gets in she can run two more times

quote:

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.