Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

quote:

My parents think she is their dumbest grandchild and that's saying a lot.

All I know is this sounds like a very healthy and well-adjusted family overall.

EDIT: For the new page tax, here's someone on AskAManager with a weird work conflict:

quote:

I work in a medium-sized location of a small-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things business as one of the upper managers on site.

The site manager recently asked me to keep an idea on the books for sometime later this year: to do a donation drive with manager names on donation boxes. Donations would earn someone a ticket to pie that manager in the face.

To keep the peace after a long day when I was already exhausted, I said I would keep it in mind, but I would not participate, period. I was told “your name is going on a box.” I said, “If that’s the case, you can find a new X manager. I’m not getting pied in the face!”

I have received “exceeds expectations” on my performance reviews and have delivered miracles for this place for the years I have been there. I tolerated a dunking booth previously because I could change out of wet clothes. A pie to the face would mean an intolerable experience with sticky hair and skin for my day, and my commute is not short enough to make it remotely okay.

I think the choice to participate should be opt in, not opt out. The site manager isn’t my actual manager (I report to our corporate office) and my boss usually has my back. I worry that I sound a bit childish for having this line, but I don’t want this one to be crossed! I am not comfortable with people smashing a pie in my face, throwing a pie in my face, or anything to do with pie and my face if it isn’t me willingly eating a slice! Am I crazy for being willing to lose my job over this?

(I am looking to move on due to this site manager, as I just truly don’t believe our leadership styles are compatible. I have stayed to protect my team and finish out a few critical tasks while I job search, but I am hitting my limit. Pie in the face is the tip of the bonkers iceberg that is my daily life.)

Pantaloon Pontiff fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

house of the dad posted:

I'm grateful all of my grandparents passed away before I could find out where I stand in the grandchild power rankings

You know where you'd stand. C'mon now.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

house of the dad posted:

It sounds like she's continued to hold this stance in the years since the affair, so not really. Faildaughter needs to figure out her own money problems.
Also, 22 years is definitely old enough to understand that “justifying mom’s affair as deserved” is being intentionally hurtful. It’s not like she was 7 and doesn’t even know what an affair is.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

EDIT: For the new page tax, here's someone on AskAManager with a weird work conflict:

My work did a similar pie-your-manager thing at our annual "fun day" except every manager got pied without exception. It was empty tinfoil pie plates with whipped cream* in them so there was dairy splattered everywhere in the middle of summer and yeah, that smelled great the next day.

Wasn't quite as horrible for the recipients because they were given trash bag smocks to protect their clothes, and our bathrooms included a shower so there was the option to get fully cleaned up. It was still stupid and they never did it again.

*store brand

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

I would never tolerate this. It wouldn't take much for an accidental injury to occur so I'm surprised the workplace would even allow it tbh

This isn't wear a whacky shirt day or spray dye your hair a funny colour day.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rockman Reserve posted:

that’s like the most obvious bait post we’ve had in here in a while, come on
:emptyquote:

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Slo-Tek posted:

So, how is the endgame supposed to work on this? Isn't the point of 'pranks' the big reveal, where you say "Hahah, I planted evidence on you! You rear end in a top hat, you numpty, you complete fool, you trusted me not to lie and destroy your property! Good times, huh, you loving moron!"

So, obviously, no, you didn't go far enough, you need to get all your friends and your victim together to announce "Hey y'all, check this! I planted evidence and got our buddy in a bunch of trouble!"

Sorry if I was unclear, Jim Jones impersonator and fish vagina prank guy are the same person. I don't think he really thinks of the pay-off in his stunts.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

artsy fartsy posted:

Isn't a fishy smell just a symptom of BV?

Big Vag?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Bass Vag

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

MagusofStars posted:

Also, 22 years is definitely old enough to understand that “justifying mom’s affair as deserved” is being intentionally hurtful. It’s not like she was 7 and doesn’t even know what an affair is.

Maybe he was an absolute poo poo dad and husband like so, so many redditors in this thread are.

chewbacca posted:

I would never tolerate this. It wouldn't take much for an accidental injury to occur so I'm surprised the workplace would even allow it tbh

My kid's elementary school principal was the "fun" principle who'd always dress up in silly outfits, like the whole school were reading a book about a skunk so he'd wear a full skunk costume. He had so many animal costumes to the point where I was like, yeah, dude's got something going on with that. He also had a fundraising contest where the class that raised the most money would get to pour ice cream, sauces, and whipped cream on him. Everything this guy did seemed like some kind of fetish.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

artsy fartsy posted:

Isn't a fishy smell just a symptom of BV?

Yes, BV can lead to biological amines putrescine and cadaverine being present in ones vagina. These are the chemicals you can find in dead fish that give off that signature fishy odor. This is why the rule of thumb for vagina-havers is if it's smelling fishy, go see a doctor.

Putrescine is also naturally occurring in semen which is why unwashed dudejunk can smell fishy.

The human body is a wonderland of filth.

S40CheckingAccount
Jan 14, 2024

Chewbecca posted:

I read a thing once about eye injuries and pieing, it happens a fair percentage. I was thinking about that with the mother smashing the kid's head into their birthday cake.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Fatty posted:

Sorry if I was unclear, Jim Jones impersonator and fish vagina prank guy are the same person. I don't think he really thinks of the pay-off in his stunts.

Talking about his latest prank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jORviU2oyMQ

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Troublemaker posted:

My kid's elementary school principal was the "fun" principle who'd always dress up in silly outfits, like the whole school were reading a book about a skunk so he'd wear a full skunk costume. He had so many animal costumes to the point where I was like, yeah, dude's got something going on with that. He also had a fundraising contest where the class that raised the most money would get to pour ice cream, sauces, and whipped cream on him. Everything this guy did seemed like some kind of fetish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdADTQvwcnQ
?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

More great pranks!

AITA for asking my boyfriend to leave me alone because of him and his mother?

quote:

Me(25f) and my boyfriend (26M) have been dating for 3 years.we wanted to take it slow before he decides to propose.but every Mother’s Day we have a day with just me him and his mother.But this Mother’s Day his mother did not want me there.And I understood that she wanted to spend time with her son.So he got ready to go pick her up and when he left I cleaned and relaxed.after about a hour my boyfriend calls me telling me that him and his mother had got in a car accident and needed me there right away.My first act was getting on shoes and getting in my car.As soon as I got to his location.there was a perfectly good car with him and his mother talking and laughing.i walked up to them and said what is this.they said it was a prank.Mind you I had went over speed limit I had left the door unlocked I left my phone everything I dropped everything and went straight there.And my boyfriends mother said.”well if you guys got married I would not have to prank you to come see your boyfriend”and my boyfriend laughed and looked at me and said “it was just a joke babe”and I was mad and talk them to leave me alone I need to calm down please.So.AITA for saying that to my boyfriend and his mom?

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Chewbecca posted:

I'd bet good money this wasn't formally approved by any HR department. HR is on the side of protecting the company and going to them can be tricky, but there are so many liability issues (allergies, injuries, assault, religious/spiritual issues, etc.) that anyone half-competent at HR (which is a bar some people don't clear, if not a huge one) would shut it down as soon as there was a complaint or question.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Steve Vader posted:

I wonder what the "plenty to say" about him is.

Doesnt matter.

You dont like your father in law? Dont send your son to the small school he teaches at.

Simple and easy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Hughlander posted:

More great pranks!

AITA for asking my boyfriend to leave me alone because of him and his mother?

"My mom doesn't want you there which means that you have to be there or she will judge you but also if you come uninvited that will also be bad so just like.. get hosed I guess. Lol, welcome to the family."

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
AITAH for being mad at my husband for choosing our bucket list city to go with his friend?

quote:

My husband and I are the type of couple that does vacations instead of giving gifts to each other on special occasions. We live in the states and have travelled many cities locally and some countries in the Middle East. European counties have been on our bucket list ever since we got married (6 years ago). A few months ago, I booked a trip to see my parents who lived across the world, and extended the trip due to my mom’s deteriorating health. It was just myself and my two year old traveling. Out of guilt, I forced my husband to plan a trip the same day (same day departing flights). We were both flying internationally (same day flights but different countries/destinations), my husband was going to see his friend and stay with him for a couple days. One everything was finalized, he jokingly (or can’t say if he was serious) said that he may visit Europe with his friend. I told him not too because I waited for the moment for soo long and wanted it to be our first trip to EU together. Recently, while staying at his friends, he told me they were doing a road trip to another country (didn’t mention the name of the specific city) and after reaching there, he told me the name of the specific city and I was too shocked upon hearing that it was my top bucket list city I was dying/desperate to see with him and that too for the first time. I felt betrayed and angry, and didn’t respond to his texts for the next two days. I was so frustrated and hurt, and when I finally asked him, he said his friend was the one to plan everything and he just tagged along. I really want to know if I am being the AH here, if I’m being too emotional. But trips mean a lot to us, we save and spend on trips and we plan way ahead in advance. I feel like I shouldn’t have planned his trip in the first place, and the betrayal is eating me on the inside, but I wanna know what you guys think about all this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Am I (60F) the rear end in a top hat for blowing up at my daughter (30F) when she banned my husband from attending her wedding?

quote:

AITA for wanting my husband to be at my daughter's wedding?

I (60F) am grappling with a recent conflict that arose between me and my daughter (30F) regarding her upcoming wedding. Let's call my daughter L her fiancé J. L is my oldest daughter, and she's the first of my three children to get married. L and J have been together for three years, and their wedding is coming up in June.

Now, here's where the dilemma begins. I recently got remarried to a wonderful man, let's call him A. L's bio father died when she was very young, so no need to speculate about timelines. Yes, there's a significant age gap between us, but we felt an instant connection and are so passionate about our life together. I feel like I finally found a soulmate after so many years of mourning L's father. I began dating again until very recently (after COVID), so this may be the reason why L is so upset, but I don't think this gives her the right to deny her stepfather from attending her wedding.

However, when I mentioned to L that I wanted to bring A to the wedding, things took a turn for the worse. L was visibly uncomfortable with the idea, and she made it clear that she didn't want him at the wedding. She said a lot of horrible things to me, mostly about A.

I was taken aback by L's reaction. I mean, A is my husband, and I want him by my side on such a special occasion. A also wants a bigger part in L's life and doesn't have any children of his own. I tried to reason with L, explaining that A is an important part of my life now, and it would mean the world to me if he could share in her joyous day.

L remained adamant, refusing to budge on her decision. And that's when things escalated. I may have said some things that I now regret, but in the heat of the moment, I felt like L was being completely unfair. The stuff she said about A was very hurtful for me to hear.

Now, more of our family is involved. L's siblings are on her side, but the rest of our family is very upset with her and have been leaving her voicemails asking her to reconsider. This morning, L called me crying because I "badmouthed" her to her relatives.

Now, I'm left wondering if I was wrong for lashing out at L when she insulted my husband. I want her aunts, uncles, and cousins to attend. So, Reddit, am I the rear end in a top hat in this situation? Or was L being too harsh by denying me the chance to have my husband by my side on L's big day?

How interesting that there is no mention of new husband's age.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Am I (60F) the rear end in a top hat for blowing up at my daughter (30F) when she banned my husband from attending her wedding?

Or anything about his political/sociological persuasions. Wonder why the things they said were so hurtful.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

deported to Canada posted:

Or anything about his political/sociological persuasions. Wonder why the things they said were so hurtful.

I wouldn't be surprised if her new husband is the same age or younger than her daughter.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Mordiceius posted:

AITAH for being mad at my husband for choosing our bucket list city to go with his friend?

This is just a headfuck to read. Poor bloke.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

yeah just a huge gaping void where key plot points aught to be going

how old is the husband?

did the daughter know the husband prior to the relationship?

if they didn't; what was their first meeting like did something happen?

what upsetting things were said?

what reasons were given by the daughter to refuse the husband's attendance?

how many wedding guests (if like 6 people are attending its weird to bring some tagalong +1 the bride and groom have never met before)?

how long have you been married?

i dunno i could probably think of a hundred more questions that might bring up the root cause of the drama but literally none of it is in the post

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if her new husband is the same age or younger than her daughter.

Which would make it 10x funnier that OP refers to her husband as her daughter’s “stepfather”

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Which would make it 10x funnier that OP refers to her husband as her daughter’s “stepfather”

Absolutely. There's also the fact that the daughter is 30 and OP only started dating post-covid. So very likely that the guy she married has only been in her life for a year or two at most. So daughter basically has spent majority of her life not knowing this guy (who is probably her age or younger) so why the gently caress would she want any sort of relationship with him?

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I began dating again until very recently (after COVID), so this may be the reason why L is so upset, but I don't think this gives her the right to deny her stepfather from attending her wedding.

I'll put money on him being some Trump supporting anti-vaxxer or this being a wedding involving a minority of some sort.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my friend that her business proposal seems unfair to me and I don't really *need* her to open up an Etsy?

quote:

I (22F) like to paint and draw as a hobby. My family and friends have suggested that I opened an Etsy shop and I have considered it, but wanted to focus on my career first since I majored in something completely different (finance).

My friend (22F) has been struggling to find a job and moved towards starting a small business as a way to make money. She's considered dropshipping, etsy, and etc.

She's been trying to convince me to open up an Etsy with her by selling stickers, since I made stickers for myself and my friends for fun and they really liked it. Based on her idea, I would design and create all the stickers while she and I would both manage the shop and sell them. We would be business partners and split the proceeds equally.

I told her that I'm not interested in opening up an Etsy shop right now because I wanted to focus on my career first but she keeps insisting and tried pushing me to create some designs to get started.

She insisted that I needed a side hustle if I was going to survive in this economy and I needed her for the administrative aspect of selling stickers.

I thought about it some more and the whole idea kinda seems unfair to me? So I told her that if we started this, it sounds like I have more responsibility than her so the profit split seems uneven. It takes a lot of time to create designs. Technically, I wouldn't really need her to start an Etsy since I could do the admin portion myself.

I may have been TA for saying this because my friend's mad that I don't value her skills and for suggesting that I would provide more value to the business because I have artistic skill.

AITA?

This corn planting idiot doesn't appreciate her friend's corn eating skills

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I’m going with OP’s new husband is the same age as the daughter, in addition to also being her ex.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

wizardofloneliness posted:

I’m going with OP’s new husband is the same age as the daughter, in addition to also being her ex.

alternatively her high school crush who had no interest in her

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Troublemaker posted:

My son’s middle school principal would be out doing traffic duty during drop off, and it was like a whole-body intense workout routine. I’ve never seen someone so energetic in my life. My wife and I joked that he did a line or two of cocaine each morning.

He then left during the middle of the school year under mysterious circumstances. :tinfoil:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

He then left during the middle of the school year under mysterious circumstances. :tinfoil:

Ran out of cocaine.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Ran out of cocaine.

In fairness, I would also quit being a middle school principal if I ran out of cocaine.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

My ex-wife told me she considers breaking up with the man she left me for and gave me an unexpected compliment

quote:

She literally just told me a few hours ago, rather casually. Says she feels "unfree" with him and that even though she initially felt she had 'escaped' by leaving me, she now feels trapped again by the new guy. Talked about how relationships have a shelf life, etcetera...

This isn't some huge confession nor did it lead to anything dramatic (and I don't want/expect it to). It's just kind of neat for me to see this "awesome" guy she left me for, who had everything I didn't have (rich parents, loaded, nice penthouse apartment, brand clothes, nice car) wasn't all that great, after all.

She then said some words I'll remember for a while: "You got my youth, my virginity and you got to be the father of the only children I will ever have. You won."

That got to me.

Narcissist says What?

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

S40CheckingAccount posted:

I read a thing once about eye injuries and pieing, it happens a fair percentage. I was thinking about that with the mother smashing the kid's head into their birthday cake.

Yeah everytime I see a wedding cake smash video where the husband smashes the wife's face into the cake, I worry she is gonna come up with wooden doweling jammed through her freaking skull

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I dunno if I'd call it narcissism. It must feel pretty lovely to get dumped for someone else, but then kinda nice to find out it wasn't anything about you, it was your ex that had the issues.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Red Rox posted:

I dunno if I'd call it narcissism. It must feel pretty lovely to get dumped for someone else, but then kinda nice to find out it wasn't anything about you, it was your ex that had the issues.

I meant the ex is the narcissist.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mordiceius posted:

My favorite bit was when OP wrote

quote:

I may have said some things that I now regret
I always love it when a story suddenly becomes very blurry and and vague and indistinct and passive voiced, you just know the narrator is trying to tiptoe past something they've done which is truly unforgivable.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

She may or may not regret the things she may or may not have said

Hard to say in this crazy, mixed up world

Also you don't get to use the term 'step father' about a man who met your child when they were an adult. The child can designate that title to the person if they want, but it's not your right just for marrying a parent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tired: being younger than your niece or nephew
Wired: being younger than your ""stepchild""