Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Kaddish posted:

I could never get into FFXIV either and I tried like 3-4 times over the years. I always heard it gets better but I ain’t got time for that.

I generally enjoy the boxed expansions but FFXIV's problem is that is basically a mid-tier visual novel with a pretty good collaborative game built on dungeons and raids stapled on top. Catching up on all the patches before each expansion really exposes how incredibly dull a large portion of the game is. To be fair, I think the game is still fundamentally hamstrung by the poor foundation they had to build on and so they're never going to be able to make the part where you actually play out in the world good.

You are not allowed to say that though because when people decide that FFXIV is part of their identity they REALLY COMMIT TO THAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a problem.
Can't stop building stuff.

Welcome to the Underpass Diner!
We're open all day, every day to serve even the most discerning clientele!

Tried to get the look of a messy local diner entrance that has a thousand fliers for local businesses.

Host stand and pool table. Started to veer in to TGI Fridays with the wall decor.

I don't have booths, so pews will have to do.

Gizmo and Gearhead hard at work!

There is an upstairs apartment but it's off-limits.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
That’s awesome, great job!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is there a list of mods for 4 like there is for new vegas ?(viva new vegas)

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Playing Far Harbor and jesus christ who thought THAT puzzle section was a good loving idea

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

VanillaGorilla posted:

...because when people decide that FFXIV is part of their identity they REALLY COMMIT TO THAT.

Holy poo poo this is bang on. One of my wife's old friends is really, really into FFXIV and has repeatedly tried to get me onto it. I loving hate most MMOs.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

fit em all up in there posted:

there are lots of different mods/modpacks for FO4 and I don't think there's any single one that people regard as the "main" one (and even New Vegas is technically split between A Tale of Two Wastelands, Viva New Vegas, and only just specifically JSawyer)

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Lamont posted:

Playing Far Harbor and jesus christ who thought THAT puzzle section was a good loving idea

lmao i genuinely did that mission yesterday and it's such a chore

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Not a huge fan of that section either, yeah
at least you only have to do the first three phases of it iirc

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

if they'd have just put an autosave between each puzzle it wouldn't have pissed me off on two separate playthroughs by crashing on the fifth one

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

fit em all up in there posted:

https://themidnightride.moddinglinked.com

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i think i should look into these inventory mods for fo76, i need a tab dedicated to just alcohol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Really getting into fallout 76 in a way that is scratching my fallout 4 itch. I still wanna do far harbour again, I don't have the goty edition but I saw far harbour on sale for like four bucks and figured it was more than worth that. It turns out just running around the wasteland with my bros roleplaying as whatever outfit we picked up last is super fun. I'm hoping I figure out how to get a steady stream of fusion cores at some point BC I keep picking up sick melee weapons and I love stabbing people with tiny knives in a giant suit of armour

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I think I have 25 fusion cores or something at this point, it's becoming an stash issue. I should probably start selling them off. What would you folks pay for a fusion core?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

I think I have 25 fusion cores or something at this point, it's becoming an stash issue. I should probably start selling them off. What would you folks pay for a fusion core?

I sell mine for 10.

I only carry around like 5 and have some stored in the recharger. Electric absorption makes it a non-issue. It’s nice with the hourly event, when that goes away I might have to teleport to robco or somewhere like that periodically.

Never got the alien operating table :(

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 14, 2024

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Fallout 4 crashing even with all mods off and a fresh install. Disappointing

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Kaddish posted:

I sell mine for 10.

I only carry around like 5 and have some stored in the recharger. Electric absorption makes it a non-issue. It’s nice with the hourly event, when that goes away I might have to teleport to robco or somewhere like that periodically.

Never got the alien operating table :(

I should probably sell stuff for cheaper in general, but I've been making bank on overpriced stimpacks so you always catch someone. Reckon I'll try listing them at 19 for a bit just to see.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So I found someone selling serums a few days ago but didn't pick up herd mentality. If I take off my starched genes and stand next to my meteor, will I pick it up? I think I have everything but that one and carnivore, I have herbivore.

Also, I'm ready to launch my first nuke. I've done nuke events but never launched myself. Should I just go for it? Related to that, where is the best place to nuke for cobalt flux? Doesn't seem to be the fissure. I need some for ultracite jet pack.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

you will, but it's very random and unless you have literally all the other mutations you probably won't get it on the first one (which imo is fine if you're willing to carry Class Freak 3 and just have all the mutations)

plus 50/50 whether you will get carnivore or herbivore. personally I just get all the mutations it's fine :shrug:

re: where to drop a nuke for particular colors (if you don't care about triggering one of the events):
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Flux

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm going insane. In 76 I got the rad scrubber arch plan, learned it but it's not showing up in the workshop, no matter what I toggle or section I look through. Not even in the NEW section.

Is there any rhyme or reason to what shows up in the Atom shop? I'm saving my points for scaffolding because they're elemental to making some real goofy intricate buildings.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Did you restart the game after buying it? I bought the Peepers skin for the Shotgun and didn't see it at first (and posted itt about it) but the next time I played it was in my list of craftables.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, this was on Saturday, still nothing.
It's not a massive deal if it takes a while to show up or if I have to put in a ticket but there's a crashed ship camp I'd like to make and that would be nice to have.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, this was on Saturday, still nothing.
It's not a massive deal if it takes a while to show up or if I have to put in a ticket but there's a crashed ship camp I'd like to make and that would be nice to have.

usually when you learn them from plans you read and not through the atom shop or scoreboard they don't show up in new ime. decontamination shower is under the misc structures tab, pretty near the bottom for me just above the derby game.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Goddamn, the vault 79 invasion quest can go gently caress itself. Any way to skip quests on console?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

the paradigm shift posted:

usually when you learn them from plans you read and not through the atom shop or scoreboard they don't show up in new ime. decontamination shower is under the misc structures tab, pretty near the bottom for me just above the derby game.

Weird, I've had the opposite experience but that's just The Bethesda Magic!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Books On Tape posted:

Goddamn, the vault 79 invasion quest can go gently caress itself. Any way to skip quests on console?

nope

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Books On Tape posted:

Are you doing the raider route and running in to the constant scripting breaks? If so sometimes waiting a while will magically snap them back on track, or you can quick travel back to the entrance and basically reset the zone without undoing progress.

It’s a really goddamned buggy quest on PC too, so you’re not alone.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Vegastar posted:

Are you doing the raider route and running in to the constant scripting breaks? If so sometimes waiting a while will magically snap them back on track, or you can quick travel back to the entrance and basically reset the zone without undoing progress.

It’s a really goddamned buggy quest on PC too, so you’re not alone.

My experience so far has included bugs yes,. At first, Johnny wouldn't move from his initial position and the quest just hung up. I googled a workaround. Then, it got stuck when I couldn't interact with the intercom. Goggled that one too. But it's not just bugs.

Now, it's the brick wall that is 3 star legendary Assualtrons and a 3 star legendary Sentry Bot that takes a sliver of damage from anything I throw at it. I gave up last night and will attempt again with a horde of stimpaks, and brute force. I'm sure the game will have me restart it from the beginning instead of using this common game concept called checkpoints.

I dont know how anyone on the dev team could have looked at this and said "Yeah, this is ready to release" or "yeah, this is a fun culmination of all the Wastelander quests, let's release this."

It's Cyberpunk 2077 release level of bad.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah NPCs getting stuck in their scripted walk bullshit is a giant pain in that series of quests, I've had problems with that one and the earlier one Cheating Death.
killing sentry bots: VATS target their fusion cores and they die very easily. Assaultrons are harder but try to target their combat inhibitor or legs.

weak spots in general:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/aumo7o/a_list_of_enemy_weak_points/

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah NPCs getting stuck in their scripted walk bullshit is a giant pain in that series of quests, I've had problems with that one and the earlier one Cheating Death.
killing sentry bots: VATS target their fusion cores and they die very easily. Assaultrons are harder but try to target their combat inhibitor or legs.

weak spots in general:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/aumo7o/a_list_of_enemy_weak_points/

Can the fusion core be targeted on its own? Or is it VATSing the torso and making sure it's back is turned to you? I tried hastily last night while it was pounding me with missiles and couldnt get a VATS lock on just the core.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

VATS targeting the fusion cores just hits them regardless of facing, you have the cool JFK bullets

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Alien event was way better for XP.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Hey are mods working on fallout 4 again yet? Wasn't there just another recent patch?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So what are the Abraxo rewards? I looked and there seems to be no tracker for them.

Soonmot posted:

Hey are mods working on fallout 4 again yet? Wasn't there just another recent patch?

I loaded up my game after the patch dropped and nothing was broken and the game loaded fine. But then I'm only using mods that add new weapons and armor to the game, nothing major.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

twistedmentat posted:

So what are the Abraxo rewards? I looked and there seems to be no tracker for them.

It’s under the Challenges menu in the Event category.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

DaysBefore posted:

Fallout 4 crashing even with all mods off and a fresh install. Disappointing

Did you turn off weapon debris in the graphics options?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just switched over to a plasma gatling gun and it's pretty nice but....where the heck do plasma cores come from? I have a lot of them but don't remember picking them up.

Like I did a West Tek run and got even more but I'm 100% certain I never picked up a 'plasma core'.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 14, 2024

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Kaddish posted:

I just switched over to a plasma gatling gun and it's pretty nice but....where the heck do plasma cores come from? I have a lot of them but don't remember picking them up.

Like I did a West Tek run and got even more but I'm 100% certain I never picked up a 'plasma core'.

I've picked up cores from random tougher mobs while using the plasma gatling. They just don't drop on every mob. I was surprised when I noticed that as well, because my number of cores kept steadily growing and I didn't know how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I encountered scripting errors or bugs in half of the story missions that you can realistically do when reaching the level 45+, I had to google on three different occasions how this particular problem can be fixed or shortcutted away. At one point I was certain that the game wants me to build a jetpack powerarmor so that I can fly up one of the mine-owner mansion towers because the marker was in wrong place, the Miner Miracles didn't fire properly so I had to learn how to bypass the first step and force the mission to start, and the moonshine mission in Vaultec campus required me to hop servers to be able to brew the required thing because it didn't show on the menu, and the marker was just slowly jumping around in the room.

I am also absolutely certain that when I bought brick-building set (because it has scruffier inner-city look and proper windows unlike the fireproof set) the game charged me twice. Later the "get 10000 caps" achievement fired when I had ~8500 caps, exactly the current balance + the price of brick building set from a Whitesprings vendor.

So yeah, bugfixes aren't Bethesda's thing. At least on Fallout 76 your can reset the area or jump servers, and once in a blue moon they might actually fix stuff; on console Skyrim one bug caused mission script to misfire which sealed that character to a prison mine for eternity.