Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol at trumps experience being pegged at minimal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Some Guy TT posted:

lol at trumps experience being pegged

:trumppop:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Asproigerosis posted:

Imagine setting up this nation defining case and not doing any due diligence on who the prosecution attorneys are going to be. All the legal poo poo was always designed to be shoddy election fodder that'd just go away or implode as soon as the election is over because you don't actually want to punish trump.

Of all the many many crimes he probably (and actually) did while president and before/after, the best you got is a lame rear end sex affair payoff for a couple hundred dollars? Incredible two tiered "justice" system.

it should be impossible to lose that case. you read the statute on conspiracy to commit election fraud and then you play the tape of the phone call where he asks the Secretary of State to find him votes

and yet….

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

wasn't that phone call taped illegally?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Joementum posted:

it should be impossible to lose that case. you read the statute on conspiracy to commit election fraud and then you play the tape of the phone call where he asks the Secretary of State to find him votes

and yet….

Yeah good thing dems didn't try to impeach him for this ridiculously flagrant election interference or prosecute him in any way. Just a big ol radio silence on the even more perfect phone call he made using heavily implied mafia tactics of demanding the secretary of state find the exact amount of votes he needed to win the state.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah good thing dems didn't try to impeach him for this ridiculously flagrant election interference or prosecute him in any way. Just a big ol radio silence on the even more perfect phone call he made using heavily implied mafia tactics of demanding the secretary of state find the exact amount of votes he needed to win the state.

well look, Chris Coons had valentines plans

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lmfao 👑

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Joementum posted:

well look, Chris Coons had valentines plans

Lmao I got a week probe for posting in the dnd trunp legal thread that c*ons intentionally spiked the impeachment to go home early for the valentines weekend after they hosed around for a month doing nothing. I was being 'bad faith argumentative' and lying about what really happened.

The audacity to tell me what my own senator did.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i do like burr's dismissive "ok, bill, you solved it" way to end the conversation while letting everyone know he thinks maher is too stupid to speak to

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

it's valentines day and i gotta get home to gently caress my wife:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

I mean unironically yes. There is jurisprudence that hush money payments performed as campaign expenses are perfectly legal, see John Edward's cheating on his dying cancer wife and didn't see consequences because he smartly used campaign money.

I don't know how Edwards disclosed it, but I guess Trump not disclosing it was illegal. Again, it doesn't matter functionally as he isn't beholden to a donation limit to his own campaign, and payments can be masked through LLCs or any number of other means.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 06:17 on May 14, 2024

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why would paying hush money be illegal, anyway?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

why would paying hush money be illegal, anyway?

that's not the crime he committed, he didn't disclose it as a campaign expense. it's much lamer.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Nichael posted:

that's not the crime he committed, he didn't disclose it as a campaign expense. it's much lamer.
every single one of trump's 4 cases this year has some stupid deeply significant flaw like this lmao

the more you look into and pay attention to a case the stupider it becomes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Debbie Wasserman-Succ

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

even with trump specifically, there's better examples of campaign finance violations. but they likely get too close to the grift for everyone else, and set a bad precedent to enforce.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nichael posted:

even with trump specifically, there's better examples of campaign finance violations. but they likely get too close to the grift for everyone else, and set a bad precedent to enforce.

This is how I feel about all of these stupid election interference cases. There's so many crimes but they hand picked a couple dumb ones like you said, to avoid anyone looking hard at what the uniparty themselves are guilty of. So loving wild that trump was right all this time about deep state election witch interference hunts, but for the not quite right reasons. Just looking to get their headlines and talking points for the election then quietly dismiss everything in December when nobody cares anymore.

Still think he should go to prison for the rest of his life for leading the funniest coup attempt in modern history though.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Asproigerosis posted:

Still think he should go to prison for the rest of his life for leading the funniest coup attempt in modern history though.

Trump should go to prison for not delivering on his campaign promise to Lock Her Up.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

This is how I feel about all of these stupid election interference cases. There's so many crimes but they hand picked a couple dumb ones like you said, to avoid anyone looking hard at what the uniparty themselves are guilty of. So loving wild that trump was right all this time about deep state election witch interference hunts, but for the not quite right reasons. Just looking to get their headlines and talking points for the election then quietly dismiss everything in December when nobody cares anymore.

let him do another first and prove the naysayers, who say you can't do comedy sequels, wrong.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

fizziester posted:

Trump should go to prison for not delivering on his campaign promise to Lock Her Up.

This is also true, but have you considered how much he has primed the pump for Hillary 2028?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think the wildest scenario would be biden getting a razor thin W, but there is obvious election fraud by democrat to get him over the Bernie weekend line as Republicans can't figure out how to actually reconcile genuine election theft after letting the crazies take off with it for the past 4 years. Meanwhile all the legacy media is doing wall to wall cover to gaslight, just like they are doing now with the Palestinian genocide.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

the funniest outcome would be kamala becoming president with trump as vp somehow

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Going back to the system of loser becomes the court jester would probably do gangbusters now that democrat don't even put in the effort to maintain the 2 party fiction.

It would arguably be the only enticing way to get me to vote blue this year. Just to see trump squirm in the vp seat, being smothered by the rotting corpse of biden.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pencilhands posted:

the funniest outcome would be kamala becoming president with trump as vp somehow

each week he has a new wacky scheme to kill her

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The Georgia case seems to have real teeth and would probably have enough evidence to get a conviction.

But it's being prosecuted by a grandstanding nutcase. Not even because of the Trump trial, but what she did in the Atlanta Public School cheating case should have been permanently disqualifying for her.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

joepinetree posted:

The Georgia case seems to have real teeth and would probably have enough evidence to get a conviction.

But it's being prosecuted by a grandstanding nutcase. Not even because of the Trump trial, but what she did in the Atlanta Public School cheating case should have been permanently disqualifying for her.

whoops everyone in power is insane and incompetent oh well

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

yeah as far as wildest scenarios youve got:

* Biden wins electoral college, but not popular vote. then dies making Harris president as the Republican revolt goes into full swing

* It goes to the house and they pick anyone, doesn't matter who really

* Trump wins and the scotus cases go such that he's forced to be president from prison somehow. like they have to build a special combo-prison/mini-white house or legally declare the white house a prison or something.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can't imagine why you'd set your most realistic shot at "Get Trump" with a terrible and incompetent DA that you appear to have done 0 background research on. It sure would be unfortunate to have this unceremoniously swept under the rug next year and the purity of the office is maintained.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

13. The Story of Tonight (Reprise)

[LAURENS]
I may not live to see our glory!

[MULLIGAN/LAFAYETTE]
I may not live to see our glory!

[LAURENS]
But I’ve seen wonders great and small

[MULLIGAN/LAFAYETTE]
I’ve seen wonders great and small

[LAURENS]
‘Cause if the tomcat can get married

[MULLIGAN/LAFAYETTE]
If Alexander can get married—

[LAURENS]
There’s hope for our rear end, after all!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
i will simply not vote for joe biden because i think it is wrong to vote for someone who is funding a genocide. oh trump will probably also fund it if he can? well, good news: i'm not going to vote for him either

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Trump would never fund zionist genocide. In his peanut brain zero sum transaction universe, israel produces nothing of value to give him in return.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Is it just me or did Maher chicken out of confronting Burr saying he was with "the (college) kids" to mean that he was worried about the deaths of children in Palestine.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I like how Hamilton makes the founding fathers black and what not

Really takes the sting out of their racism, which was getting me down about America

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Asproigerosis posted:

Trump would never fund zionist genocide. In his peanut brain zero sum transaction universe, israel produces nothing of value to give him in return.

Exactly, what are they going to do, hook him up with a trip to Tel Aviv? He’s already from Florida, he doesn’t need to go halfway around the world to see strip malls, racists, and a beach full of assholes

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Egg Moron posted:

Really takes the sting out of their racism, which was getting me down about America

The reason 'Hamilton' works is because there is no distance between that story that happened 200-some-odd years ago and now, because it looks like America now. It helps create a connection that wouldn't have been there if it was 20 white guys on stage.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

It's massive apologia for a genocidal slaving empire it's great lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Thank God there are people in the world like Mahar able to make the hard-nosed decision to toss hundreds of thousands into the maw of the thresher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
more like Bill Lahar amirite