Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

team biden doing "unskew the polls"........ maybe we'll get a lib january 6th

the lib jan 6 was the pussy hat march

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

team biden doing "unskew the polls"........ maybe we'll get a lib january 6th

that would just be a flash mob of a number from hamilton

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nichael posted:

even with trump specifically, there's better examples of campaign finance violations. but they likely get too close to the grift for everyone else, and set a bad precedent to enforce.

hillary paid for the bogus steele "dossier" with campaign money, lol, and iirc she expensed it as legal.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

The real fun invention is "Judeo-Christian values," because, like, that's conflating already, why not just say Abrahamic? Just this constant dance to avoid saying Islam shares most of its DNA with Christanity. Like, Mormonism is more divergent than Islam.

Or that basically any other religion doesn't share most of those values.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

This is how I feel about all of these stupid election interference cases. There's so many crimes but they hand picked a couple dumb ones like you said, to avoid anyone looking hard at what the uniparty themselves are guilty of. So loving wild that trump was right all this time about deep state election witch interference hunts, but for the not quite right reasons. Just looking to get their headlines and talking points for the election then quietly dismiss everything in December when nobody cares anymore.

Still think he should go to prison for the rest of his life for leading the funniest coup attempt in modern history though.

:ssh: that "coup" was deep-state bullshit, too.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The solar panel stuff in particular is real dumb since hmmm who gets hired to install solar panels when people are able to buy affordable chinese solar panels?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Srice posted:

The solar panel stuff in particular is real dumb since hmmm who gets hired to install solar panels when people are able to buy affordable chinese solar panels?

The real profit in the solar industry is the grifting though, and if people were able to just buy them those poor solar panel lenders would go out of business.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

sullat posted:

The real profit in the solar industry is the grifting though, and if people were able to just buy them those poor solar panel lenders would go out of business.

Didn't know that but I sure am unsurprised to hear it!

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
Didn’t the US just close their last steel mill or something? How are they planning on that 25% tariff working?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

loquacius posted:

pretty much every shred of evidence I've seen has driven me to logically conclude that Biden will eat poo poo, except for the fact that C-SPAM agrees with me, and C-SPAM predictions are always wrong

like, the only reason I'm even entertaining the idea of Biden winning is that we're never right

there is reason to believe bidens in a stronger position than he deserves. Trump is a legendarily bad candidate. 'In office I accomplished nothing, out of office I got rid of abortions for you' is an awful sales pitch, the kind of squishy lib who defines much of the electorate thinks all the legal cases against him are a big problem, and Biden's biggest weaknesses are things Trump is in a uniquely bad spot to capitalize on. Haley would be walking away with this election; trump's unique weakness has made it a fight.

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Srice posted:

Didn't know that but I sure am unsurprised to hear it!

There was a British ship navigation system before GPS that made all its money by using proprietary charts - the coordinates were useless otherwise - and by ships having to rent the transceiver, not being able to buy them. When the UK joined the EU this monopoly was broken up and the company went broke almost immediately.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

Send the Italians back

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Didn’t the US just close their last steel mill or something? How are they planning on that 25% tariff working?

we will just buy it from mexican factories

which are owned by china

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/status/1790372117747302684

The liberal worldview made explicit. Politicians (besides Trump of course) have no power or ability to impact anything. Everything comes down to the decisions of voters on a purely individual level.

Dad, Husband, 16 Years Elective Office, TN Election Commissioner, Local Democratic Party Chair, Strategist, Animal Advocate, Media Skeptic, OG #TeamJoe

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol gonna gently caress up the economy so bad

I mean, even more

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Lol thou shalt have no better industries before me or else *pawing motion*

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

It's just posturing, they're gonnna circumvent the tariffs by importing from Chinese owned firms in SEA the way god intended

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

It's his first time meeting an American voter, i presume.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

putting tariffs on Chinese solar panels so they don't "dOmInAtE tHe InDuStRy" is the dumbest 4d chess poo poo. I don't care if China dominates the solar panel industry, I want solar panels as cheap as they can possibly be you dumb idiot fucker

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

remember in 2020 when he ran on a public option?? ha ha ha good times good times

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

putting tariffs on Chinese solar panels so they don't "dOmInAtE tHe InDuStRy" is the dumbest 4d chess poo poo. I don't care if China dominates the solar panel industry, I want solar panels as cheap as they can possibly be you dumb idiot fucker

wow if u love china so much why don't you move there

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Biden is the worst president in the history of the earth

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Joe Biden is the worst president in the history of the earth

, maybe even ever!

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
feel like you can't claim to be the best president ever from the standpoint of climate and also make it harder to purchase solar panels

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again
We gotta protect vulnerable ... silicon valley grifters who wanna sell green tech, but in a profitable scarce way and let american consumers suck brick.

Hawley-Smoot was progressive and sane compared to this.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

There was a British ship navigation system before GPS that made all its money by using proprietary charts - the coordinates were useless otherwise - and by ships having to rent the transceiver, not being able to buy them. When the UK joined the EU this monopoly was broken up and the company went broke almost immediately.

lmao

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/14/opinion/tiktok-sale-ban-legislation-congress-china.html

Consequences? For our hypocrisy? How dare China do this to us!

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

https://x.com/chenweihua/status/1790385042054590664

They're right

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

so much for the so called "free market"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

chen ftw

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the arguments against polling results are really becoming tortured & more bizarre as the election grows nearer & biden does worse with various demographics.

this is what I meant by pointing out the mass delusions bc of echo chambers: they've convinced themselves that the pollsters' lying eyes were hypnotized by trump's magical charms or media's desires to get clicks rather than by statistical sampling.

I'm hearing that old saw I'VE NEVER BEEN CONTACTED BY A POLLSTER SO POLLS ARE BOGUS in real life, including a dumbass I know who somehow earned a loving Ed.D. like Dr. Jill Biden. (He once said the Mormons "came to America to escape persecution in England.")

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 16:50 on May 14, 2024

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
when you're the most absolutely dog-brained loving idiot who can't remember what happened five minutes ago everything is THE MOST (adjective) (noun) IN HISTORY

if somebody loudly closes a door in this imbecile's vicinity he starts barking uncontrollably

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Joementum posted:

i think it's entirely possible that Schnorkles and Biden are right and the polls are wrong

but the reverse could also be true and they might want to plan for that

everything in those tweets about the siena poll was as stupid about polling methods & statistical sampling as the guy who thought mormons came to america for religious freedom.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 16:50 on May 14, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This motherfucker really wants to lose huh?

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

isnt this part of teh plot to tomorrow never dies

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i find it very funny he puts so much stake in betting markets

still got that degen poker player in him. honestly he should go back to that, bypass the "stick to sports" it should have been "stick to poker"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

das hipster posted:

No they can't

lmao

quote:

(unless they happen to share the preferences of the well-off

Just be well-off, lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tariffs were dumb bullshit that didn't work when trump was president and now they're okay

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

tariffs were dumb bullshit that didn't work when trump was president and now they're okay

like with everything else, the problem was that trump was doing it, not that the actual policy was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

nah but US Steel got bought out by a Japanese company recently