Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

buchanan joe skipped the muslim ban and went straight to genocide

they're banned from life I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

If biden takes WI, MI & PA + the one NE district he gets there. But that's a big if & those states lose any meaningful percentage of their core dem-ographics then :fork:

How's Biden doing with those Muslim folks in Dearborn again?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Is there a max tip? :swoon:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

just write a blog post you psycho

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
"400 tweet long thread" is up there with "video programming tutorial" for the worst fundamental mismatch between content and presentation

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
omg i had never seen his reading recommendations page

https://www.sethabramson.net/recs

hahahahahahaaha :laffo: :lol:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/kenklippenstein/status/1790369913942503902?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/thehill/status/1790435936846618891

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

My God... It's full of cringe.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Ilhan Omar is still trying to deliver the votes:

quote:

WASHINGTON—Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) released the following statement following reports that the Israeli army is evacuating the eastern neighborhoods of Rafah in preparation for a military ground operation.

“It can’t be overstated how catastrophic a ground invasion in Rafah would be for Palestinian civilians in Gaza. The United Nations humanitarian aid agency says hundreds of thousands of people would be ‘at imminent risk of death’ if a ground invasion in Rafah occurred. Echoing the calls of mass devastation, UN Medics stated they feared a humanitarian disaster ‘beyond imagination.’ Not only would this have devastating humanitarian consequences for a population already suffering from indiscriminate bombardment and starvation, it would further risk pulling the U.S. into a rapidly escalating regional conflict and further harm our reputation around the world as champions of human rights and international law.

“Just as President Biden warned such an offensive would be a 'red line,' this should be a red line for anyone who believes in the sanctity of human life. The Administration must use its most potent leverage and restrict military aid to Israel. Condemnations and warnings are not enough. Just this weekend, we saw a significant change by the Administration which included a hold on a shipment of U.S.-made ammunition to Israel. This is a step in the right direction to use all leverage to end this impending invasion and looming war crime from taking place.

“If we truly wish to uplift humanity, to protect the innocent Palestinians in Gaza, to bring Israeli, American, and international hostages home safely, and hold out hope for long-term sustainable peace, then we must demand a ceasefire now and use all diplomatic tools and leverage to stop an invasion in Rafah from occurring. We know that an invasion will not bring the hostages home, but will further jeopardize their safety. Palestinians have endured decades of occupation, displacement, and apartheid, watching their dreams of self-determination and dignity grow more distant with every American-backed escalation.

“History will remember those that stood their ground on higher moral authority. As someone who believes in a two-state solution, but who also knows how fragile that possibility has become, I know we need an end to the violence through a permanent ceasefire that returns the hostages and guarantees security, peace, and justice for Palestinians and Israelis alike.”

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

spacemang_spliff posted:

I totally buy all of this, especially "the universe hates CSPAM predictions" part and yeah Biden could still win. But like, how? He's losing in GA, NV, AZ and probably most of the rust belt. He barely won in 2020 and he's doing worse in all the states he needed to win in 2020 and even then the margins were close in the rust belt.

For it to work, it'd very much have to be the polls are wrong. It's a weird election to predict because Trump Derangement is pretty high and these trials have encumbered Trump's campaign pretty badly (seen way more Biden ads in NC than Trump), but that the same time, Biden's going to win with a bad economy, an incredibly unpopular war, and a refusal to own up to any of it? But he shouldn't have won last time either, he didn't even loving campaign. It just feels like campaigning results have no connection to effort anymore.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

The storm daniels case (lol this is what dems are hanging their hat on) is going to end up being a hung jury at best.

Yeah but don't tell gbs that.:laugh:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Joementum posted:

Wow Hawkeye and Saga? What taste

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

lol lmao

November is gonna be the funniest month ever

unless wine moms try to pull a Jan 6, then it’d be January

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

axios posted:

That bedrock belief has informed Biden's largely steady-as-she-goes campaign — even as many Democrats outside the White House are agitating for the campaign to change direction, given that Biden is polling well behind where he was four years ago.

sudden flashbacks to 2016

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:owned:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
gottem

https://twitter.com/PodSaveAmerica/status/1790438613400056222

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Toph Bei Fong posted:

nothing a lil come-to-jesus talk can't resolve. :wink:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Joementum posted:

That Secret Six run was pretty baller. Lol at Rick and Morty though.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

I totally buy all of this, especially "the universe hates CSPAM predictions" part and yeah Biden could still win. But like, how? He's losing in GA, NV, AZ and probably most of the rust belt. He barely won in 2020 and he's doing worse in all the states he needed to win in 2020 and even then the margins were close in the rust belt.

I mean, in all seriousness I think there's probably something to the argument that the polls aren't terribly accurate right now. Plus a hell of a lot of disaffected Dems who are saying right now that they won't vote for Joe will just end up coming home in November because of abortion and Trump = Hitler.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

nothing a lil come-to-jesus talk can't resolve. :wink:

lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Majorian posted:

I mean, in all seriousness I think there's probably something to the argument that the polls aren't terribly accurate right now. Plus a hell of a lot of disaffected Dems who are saying right now that they won't vote for Joe will just end up coming home in November because of abortion and Trump = Hitler.

My prediction, take that for what its worth, is that Biden's victory or defeat is going to hinge upon this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Probably Magic posted:

That Secret Six run was pretty baller. Lol at Rick and Morty though.

putting the rick and morty book on top of the pile with dfw and pynchon so the librarian knows i'm into a wide array of literature when i check out

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

bedpan posted:

My prediction, take that for what its worth, is that Biden's victory or defeat is going to hinge upon this.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty safe prediction. Biden's team is certainly counting on it. It's going to be an amazing test of how much hubris one campaign can get away with.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

quote:

Anyone supporting Trump at that point will be supporting a convicted and incarcerated felon.

God drat right we are!!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Remembering how everyone made fun of trump for saying polls were fake news...

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

its happening again dot gif

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Biden is objectively in a worse position than he was 2020. His approval rating is easily 15 points less and no one is happy under his administration. The only cases for him are some magic Dobbs effect bailing him out or Trump completely botching it like Clinton did in 2016.

You'll notice that even his campaign is barely trying to make a positive case for him nowadays. All the bullshit about how accomplished he is is mostly from sad dorks online doing it for free.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Another big thing to remember, the polls were mostly accurate in 2022. Especially after Dobbs they didn't actually predict a red wave, that was pundits saying that while ignoring polling data.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
All this "the polls can't be right" talk and the vast majority of them ended being at the margin of error nationally. Yeah, they got some states wrong, but nationally there hasnt been any big misses.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

The only election year in modern history with truly systemically bad polling was 2020, and that was due to massive oversampling of Dem voters from covid.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Joementum posted:

good god. that guy must be a goon

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

never understood why people got so mad about the rude tweets. why are you looking at his tweets if they bother you so much

Because I'm seeing them reposted 274 times a day across 18 threads in cspam.

At least that's why I want Will Stancil to lose

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sancho Banana posted:

You forgot the thing Trump did which pissed liberals off the most: being rude.

Biden is also rude, though. So it's not about being rude so much as being "tacky."

Trump has a "cheap" appearance/demeanor to him. He's the human version of an obnoxious car dealership commercial. It's this "trashy-ness" that liberals hate.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ok Robert but check this out: he was already president. Hell he gave me like two grand in cash

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

all of america media for nine years has just been b-b-b-but trump can't be president!!!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao forever that if trump won in 2020 he would be approaching the end of his political life right now instead of getting another four years in the limelight

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

bedpan posted:

lmao forever that if trump won in 2020 he would be approaching the end of his political life right now instead of getting another 20 years in the limelight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bedpan posted:

Today, we celebrate. We won one of the most significant verdicts on fossil fuels in US history. The Biden Administration has paused all liquified natural gas exports.

lol sure they did https://www.energy.gov/articles/unpacking-misconceptions-surrounding-does-lng-update

quote:

Myth: The Biden Administration is banning LNG exports in its war against fossil fuels

✅ Reality: The temporary pause in reviewing new non-FTA export applications. It will not affect operating LNG facilities or additional already authorized LNG exports. It will not disrupt projects under construction.

e:fb but whatever

The Pussy Boss has issued a correction as of 19:57 on May 14, 2024