Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If there was as much footage of Hutu genocidaires chopping Tutsi children to death with machetes as there is of Palestinian children being smashed like pancakes between concrete blocks, maybe people would have cared about it more. As it is the sheer amount of child gore being produced by this conflict is astronomical. You could line this up with any other atrocity in objective metrics and argue over which was worse in pure calculus, but nothing compares to the sheer psychic horror of being exposed to the mass murder of children every day whether you want it or not, intentionally or unintentionally.

100%. Rawanda was from a far different set of circumstances, and as such was more sudden and quick in its brutality, and wider in the application of its violence. Israel is modern western state that, according to the hallowed Rules Based International Order, should never even come close to that horrific event.

Yet here we are, with the most harrowing and widespread genocide in decades, documented on twitter and liveleak and telegram.

DTI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the hallowed Rules Based International Order

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1790471055590752750

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

The robots were dogshit compared to that tank-killing laser they carried.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

The Rwandan genocide precipitated Tutsi military victory and control of the country in relatively short order. The Jewish Holocaust made possible, or at least accelerated, the creation of a Jewish homeland. Factors may include the sudden creation of a highly motivated refugee group, international sympathy, and international desire to punish the perpetrators.

In this light, Palestinian nationalist prospects may be hindered by the relatively slower pace of their own genocide. Hence Zionist interest in downplaying and slow-walking it, and Hamas' insistence on striking to invite disproportionate and spectacular retaliation.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Azeris also liked gloating about their atrocities online about as much as Israelis, but they were able to thoroughly overwhelm Arsakh to the point it was an over and done within a couple weeks. Most of the population fled knowing what the Azeris would do to them if they stayed so there hasn't been a constant stream of horror shows trickling out of there. Azerbaijan simply won and that's that.

loving Enver Pasha street the day they took over.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Preen Dog posted:

The Rwandan genocide precipitated Tutsi military victory and control of the country in relatively short order. The Jewish Holocaust made possible, or at least accelerated, the creation of a Jewish homeland. Factors may include the sudden creation of a highly motivated refugee group, international sympathy, and international desire to punish the perpetrators.

In this light, Palestinian nationalist prospects may be hindered by the relatively slower pace of their own genocide. Hence Zionist interest in downplaying and slow-walking it, and Hamas' insistence on striking to invite disproportionate and spectacular retaliation.

Nah. The Tutsi effectively won on their own and no one actually intervened for the express purpose of stopping the holocaust. But it is true that the US block tries to prevent a moment of crisis where something has to be done, thus all the rhetoric about fake red lines on the other side of the ongoing genocide. for example.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
France sold to weapons used in the Rwandan genocide.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Preen Dog posted:

:kstare:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Preen Dog posted:

lol not gonna get me with this one

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

The robots were dogshit compared to that tank-killing laser they carried.

Yeh! Just put the laser on a gun and give it to a guy dummies!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Also Johnny 5 could not serve because of don’t ask don’t tell

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Preen Dog posted:

nah

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

that movie is so wild when you realize that one guy is just a white guy brown face apuing it up

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I hope they aren't picking up IDF electronics and taking them back to their bases.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

*posts genocide tier list* see? not that bad :)

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
"Impressive. Let's see Paul Estinian's genocide."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I hope they aren't picking up IDF electronics and taking them back to their bases.

i like to think they known their way around that kind of thing by now. given how much of their equipment fell off the back of a truck.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

uber_stoat posted:

i like to think they known their way around that kind of thing by now. given how much of their equipment fell off the back of a truck.

Yeah I mean if that was my (a dumbass) first thought I'm sure it's crossed their mind at some point, given they have direct experience with fighting the IDF.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Preen Dog posted:

syq

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

uber_stoat posted:

It's only an impression, but I think the Palestinian resistance understand the IOF and how it thinks/operates far far better that the IOF understands them.
You spend decades telling yourself that your enemy is entirely subhuman monsters who only understand violence and crave death and you lose the ability to actually see them at all.
It's a massive weakness.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

typical communist playing the bodycount game

try extrapolating those fatalities over time, sweety 💅

I actually did the Yemen one earlier in the thread and it's about the same as the official Gaza bodycount, which of course is an undercount.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If there was as much footage of Hutu genocidaires chopping Tutsi children to death with machetes as there is of Palestinian children being smashed like pancakes between concrete blocks, maybe people would have cared about it more.

People scoff at the idea these days but the internet does actually seem to have material revolutionary benefits.

[quote]

Google Butt posted:

The correct response is to take the horror you feel about this Gaza genocide and apply it to the other less televised ones. I bring them up constantly itt to reiterate this is not an aberration, it is business as usual for the west.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Google Butt posted:

check out my youtube video where i ranked every genocide

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

that movie is so wild when you realize that one guy is just a white guy brown face apuing it up

the movie clearly establishes that he's just a weird guy from pittsburgh

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Zodium posted:

what the hell, what's with the Ø

not much what's Øp with u?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Popy posted:

check out my youtube video where i ranked every genocide

Tierzoo doing a Collab with radio war nerd

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Google Butt posted:

“He must have had formidable weaponry to kill that many sire. Lasbeams perhaps, or…”

“He didn’t kill them himself, Stilgar. He killed the way I kill, by sending out legions. There’s another emperor I want you to note in passing - a Netanyahu. He killed more than one hundred thousand. Pretty good for those days.”

“Killed… by his legions?”

“Yes”

“Not very impressive statistics”

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

◆ WSJ NEWS EXCLUSIVE
Biden Moves Forward on $1 Billion in New Arms for Israel

The Biden administration notified Congress on Tuesday that it was moving forward with more than $1 billion in new weapons deals for Israel, U.S. and congressional officials said, a massive arms package less than a week after the White House paused a shipment of bombs over a planned Israeli assault on Rafah.

The latest weapons package includes the potential transfer of $700 million in tank ammunition, $500 million in tactical vehicles and $60 million in mortar rounds, the officials said.

The decision to proceed with the transfers underscored the Biden administration’s reluctance to deepen its rift with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the Rafah operation by restricting longer-term weapons deals with its closest Middle East ally.
U.S. officials have stressed their opposition to a full-scale Israeli attack in the city, saying it could result in widespread civilian casualties and deepen Gaza’s humanitarian crisis without ending the threat Israel faces from Hamas. But they have registered their opposition so far only by withholding a single shipment of 2,000-pound bombs.

President Biden said last week he would consider withholding additional weapons if Israel assaulted what he called population centers in Rafah. He added that he would continue to provide weapons that the country could use for self-defense—a policy echoed by his top advisers.

“We are continuing to send military assistance,” national security adviser Jake Sullivan told reporters Monday. “We have paused a shipment of 2,000-pound bombs because we don’t believe they should be dropped in densely populated cities.” 

Israel has carried out airstrikes and sent forces into Rafah over the past week in what it calls a targeted operation to pressure Hamas into a deal that releases hostages in return for a temporary cease-fire. Many of the more than one million Palestinians who were sheltering in the city have relocated in recent days.
The State Department and White House National Security Council cited Sullivan’s comments in response to questions about the new package. The Pentagon declined to comment.

Seth Blinder, an expert on U.S. weapons sales with the Middle East Democracy Center, a policy institute in Washington, said the White House decision to proceed with a large new weapons package for Israel only days after halting a pending shipment undermined its own attempt to pressure Netanyahu to rethink the conduct of the war.

“This is just another example of them muddying their message and undermining any real strength behind the hold,” Binder said.

Even though it could take years for the weapons in the latest package to be delivered, Binder said Israel could interpret the administration proceeding with these deals as a sign that munitions expended in the war in Gaza would be restocked, despite the sharp disagreement over Rafah.

The U.S. has sent Israel tens of thousands of bombs, tank and artillery ammunition, precision weapons and air-defense equipment since the war began, often drawing on $23 billion dollars worth of weapons transfers that have been previously approved by Congress. 

The tank rounds, vehicles and mortars in the package sent to Congress on Tuesday are a rare instance of new weapons deals with Israel since last October. The new arms could replenish Israel’s stockpiles that have been depleted during more than half a year of war in Gaza.

The deals have been under consideration since earlier this spring. The decision to notify Congress on Tuesday started a review period during which lawmakers have the option of seeking to block the transfers. The Wall Street Journal earlier reported that the administration was considering the weapons package in April.

The State Department is required to notify Congress when the U.S. plans to sell weapons to other countries when the deal rises above specific dollar thresholds. The State Department typically provides information to the House and Senate foreign affairs committees ahead of those potential arms sales, followed by a formal congressional notification.

U.S. weapons transfers to Israel are usually paid for out of foreign aid funds provided by Congress. An aid package approved last month includes about $26 billion in funding for Israel, including $5.2 billion in spending on air defenses, $1 billion for the production of artillery, and billions of dollars for other weapons systems and U.S. military operations undertaken in the region in response to recent attacks. It also includes about $9 billion for humanitarian assistance, some of which would help Gaza residents. 

The Hamas-led assault on southern Israel on Oct. 7 left about 1,200 people dead—most of them civilians—according to Israeli authorities. Hamas also took 240 hostages. More than 35,000 people have been killed in Gaza since the start of the war, most of them civilians, Palestinian officials say, not specifying how many were combatants.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Malleum posted:

"palestinians already HAVE a state, its called JORDAN!"

there's already a jewish state it's called new jersey

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
okay this is going to be a weird question, but it's israeli independence day again and I'm really hoping I can figure this one out eventually.

y'all remember the videos of the past independence days with that weird frog woman who wanted to kill palestinians, right? in one of the videos, there was this. clown? in a military helmet, just kind of standing in front of the screaming horde in silence.

does anyone know what's the deal with this clown.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
yeah that was me in deep cover

e: other option: don't sign your posts

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TrekBek posted:

okay this is going to be a weird question, but it's israeli independence day again and I'm really hoping I can figure this one out eventually.

y'all remember the videos of the past independence days with that weird frog woman who wanted to kill palestinians, right? in one of the videos, there was this. clown? in a military helmet, just kind of standing in front of the screaming horde in silence.

ever heard of the Day the Clown Cried? the Israelis have incorporated its mythos into their national culture.

or maybe it is this.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/weekend/2022/06/03/meet-the-clown-of-jerusalem-who-brings-love-and-laughter-to-violent-protests/

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

uber_stoat posted:

ever heard of the Day the Clown Cried? the Israelis have incorporated its mythos into their national culture.

or maybe it is this.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/weekend/2022/06/03/meet-the-clown-of-jerusalem-who-brings-love-and-laughter-to-violent-protests/

YES YES YES THAT HAS TO BE IT

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

or maybe it is this.

lmao there's something uniquely "israeli" about a pro-genocide, good vibes, literal clown

raisin kane
Dec 26, 2019
vile bozo

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

TrekBek posted:

pls dont doxx lpzie

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
fetterman has been drafted into the iof

https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1790516199496823268

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

this fucker deserves a swirly

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

just rhetoric eh, in that case every member of the IDF must die

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mr. Sharps posted:

every member of the IDF must die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

FormaldehydeSon posted:

lmao there's something uniquely "israeli" about a pro-genocide, good vibes, literal clown

I'm rather confused about the clown lady.

quote:

After more than a year attending protests, Az-Oolay was arrested last December. She admitted to shouting at a police officer in Sheikh Jarrah, an East Jerusalem neighbourhood where numerous Palestinians have been served eviction orders by Israeli courts.

Police told The National she was detained for “breach of public order, obstructing policemen and insulting a public official”.

After spending a few days in jail, Az-Oolay returned to demonstrations.

In video footage taken in April near the city’s Damascus Gate, a police officer repeatedly hits Az-Oolay with a gun while other officers detain a child.

Police said she was “interfering with the police work and thwarting them”. They said she was “evacuated” from the area rather than arrested.

She said she was at a march by Israeli nationalists last Sunday when one of the participants used pepper spray against a Palestinian woman nearby.

The clown has a heart sticker between her eyebrows and a golden genie attached to her waist, into which children whisper their wishes, but Az-Oolay cannot predict how the violence will end in Jerusalem.

Instead, she asked why the focus is still on force rather than questioning the status quo.

“We are investing in bullets. This is our investment, so what do you think will happen?” she said.

“If you plant a seed of melon, you will have a melon. If you plant bullets, you will have bullets.”