Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

that's really bad for Devin Carter right?

No. He's listed at 6'3 so 6'2.5 without shoes at the combine is pretty good. Bronny was listed as 6'4 and is only 6'1.5 at the combine. Other guys listed as 6'3 by their colleges were all under 6'2 barefoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

No. He's listed at 6'3 so 6'2.5 without shoes at the combine is pretty good. Bronny was listed as 6'4 and is only 6'1.5 at the combine. Other guys listed as 6'3 by their colleges were all under 6'2 barefoot.

Yeah but 6’3” puts him in the smallish end and he’s going only be able to survive as a stopper. Not sure if a 1-2 ball hawk is all that desirable vs a 2 that can guard up to a 3 even in this draft. I guess he could be more Marcus Smart than Avery Bradley though

He was being mocked up to Sacramento at 13 since we need defense but Keon and Davion already are in that mold and we don’t need more short defenders

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 14, 2024

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It was pretty funny when he put a toy car up his rear end and drank horse cum.

Someof the combine events seem kind of weird

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

WhyteRyce posted:

The gently caress is this?

idgi why does this thread hate Risacher? I watch highlights and he seems like a super long version of Kawhi with insane 3 and D potential and a great ability to run the floor. He seems like the highest ceiling player in this draft to me

Then again he could be De'Andre Hunter. Still don't get how Hunter ended up so subpar with his skill set and body type

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

My bust pick is Clingan. Dude seems so slow and got absolutely wrecked by Edey in the NCAA championship game. He seems like somebody more suited to what the NBA was 10-20 years ago

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

My bust pick is Clingan. Dude seems so slow and got absolutely wrecked by Edey in the NCAA championship game. He seems like somebody more suited to what the NBA was 10-20 years ago

https://x.com/draftpoint2024/status/1790138661360570770

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I remember Gobert hitting a bunch of threes in practice. I don't really buy Edey and Clingan becoming 3 point shooters just because of the combine

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Can't teach tall

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Clingan does have a lot of bust vibes but some think he'll be a great playmaker in the pocket.

Memphis seems like the ideal landing spot for him.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Clingan will be the best player in the draft

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

shyduck posted:

So who's drafting Bronny

I have to admit - I think a team that Lebron would have no interest in going to drafting Bronny is at least a little funny.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Clingan is going to have one of those Plumlee careers.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Updated measurements:
https://twitter.com/kalidrafts/status/1790452735352914261?s=46&t=34m6awgRJvdE3HHUh3Y3bw

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Those are great for Castle.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Yossarian-22 posted:

It's as good as any, there isn't anyone I'm strongly arguing against as a bust this time around.

I like him because he already really good at defending the perimeter, then recovering to protect the rim in college, which is something a lot of NBA bigs don't have the natural inclination to do. The level of competition is so much lower though that it's possible he is not fast enough to do either in the pros which would make things pretty rough on him.

Rick fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 14, 2024

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Sarr is the obvious best pick in the draft.

Still a teenager, over 7 feet, can defend all five positions. Has experience in a competitive pro league. Has a decent and developing 3 pointer.

I don't think he is a center. He seems more like a 4, strong Jonathan Isaac type vibes, with hopefully none of the politics or injury issues.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
There are so many more oafs in this draft than a typical modern one; it's great. I wonder how many are going to work out.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Knecht, Castle, Edey, Clingan, Holland, and Buzelis all had really good day 1s.

Knecht in particular did basically every skill, measurable, and athletic test great. I feel pretty bullish he is an all star hiding in plain sight. I just don't see a situation where that guy doesn't get buckets with NBA spacing and pace. His defense is still a work in progress but there is no underlying size or athleticism deficiency to where he can't be league average. Give him a year of real NBA conditioning and he'll be jacked.

I hope he is there at 7 and the Blazers take him and swing on a high upside guy at 14 like Missi. I'm planning to do an updated big board but Knecht is going top-3 for me.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Knecht couldn't get any separation against Texas I'd be surprised if he has a doug McDermott tier career

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Metapod posted:

Knecht couldn't get any separation against Texas I'd be surprised if he has a doug McDermott tier career

Knecht literally blows McDermott away on every athletic test. I'm not sure why 'separation' matters. I assume you mean on-ball as he is elite coming off screens and cutting off-ball. That is more indicative of his upside as he refines his bag and footwork with elite coaching. He can use his jumping ability to shoot over defenders and strength to finish through contact.

He will be more of a play finisher than playmaker anyways. My comp is Klay Thompson, who Knecht also blows away on the athletic tests with very similar measurables. That's probably a top 10% outcome but even if you get a microwave scorer for 4 years $20 million, that's not a terrible outcome.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Cody Zeller had the quickest shuttle run time and the highest standing vert recorded at his combine, it’s best not to read too much into them

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mean Baby posted:

Knecht literally blows McDermott away on every athletic test. I'm not sure why 'separation' matters. I assume you mean on-ball as he is elite coming off screens and cutting off-ball. That is more indicative of his upside as he refines his bag and footwork with elite coaching. He can use his jumping ability to shoot over defenders and strength to finish through contact.

He will be more of a play finisher than playmaker anyways. My comp is Klay Thompson, who Knecht also blows away on the athletic tests with very similar measurables. That's probably a top 10% outcome but even if you get a microwave scorer for 4 years $20 million, that's not a terrible outcome.

Players are more athletic now across all metrics

No I mean he couldn't separate off his man period vs Texas on ball off ball on the court on the bench in the locker room didn't matter they were in his poo poo and he couldn't do anything about it. As an older player that's not something you can handwave

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mean Baby posted:

I'm not sure why 'separation' matters.

Johnny Davis is a great example of why it matters. He made a lot of tough shots in college. But nearly all his shots were tough shots. NBA defenders are worlds better than college defenders so those tough shots became nearly impossible shots and he is unplayable now.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

I don't think going 14/25 on spot ups and 7/10 FTs in an empty gym is actually all that good by NBA player standards.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

I don't think going 14/25 on spot ups and 7/10 FTs in an empty gym is actually all that good by NBA player standards.

worse than Dwight Howard, iirc

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

you guys are sucking the fun out of this bad draft

https://twitter.com/omarisankofa/status/1790390243507478576

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ajay Mitchell will show you all something!!!!!!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pistons????

https://x.com/esidery/status/1790482738815926728

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Apparently he is crazy on "teams analytics models" which tells me it is Memphis!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Yossarian-22 posted:

idgi why does this thread hate Risacher? I watch highlights and he seems like a super long version of Kawhi with insane 3 and D potential and a great ability to run the floor. He seems like the highest ceiling player in this draft to me

Then again he could be De'Andre Hunter. Still don't get how Hunter ended up so subpar with his skill set and body type

Because if you watch full games you can see him not doing much. I know that's hard with euro guys, but that's the reason he went from potential 1 to potential 9 after the first half of the euro year. Sportsurge dot n3t streams them during the year if you want to be a sicko and watch then. otherwise you need to beg for them from someone with access to special platforms

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Dejan Bimble posted:

Because if you watch full games you can see him not doing much. I know that's hard with euro guys, but that's the reason he went from potential 1 to potential 9 after the first half of the euro year. Sportsurge dot n3t streams them during the year if you want to be a sicko and watch then. otherwise you need to beg for them from someone with access to special platforms

I feel like people had this analysis of LaMelo Ball as well but his "NBA archetype" was just so good that it didn't matter. Seeing what Risacher does at 19 meets the eye test for me and I imagine he'll only get more dangerous as he beefs up. Granted I think he has decently high bust potential like most players this year

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

WhyteRyce posted:

you guys are sucking the fun out of this bad draft

https://twitter.com/omarisankofa/status/1790390243507478576

Gonna go out on a limb and say it will be better than 2013 partially because it's hard not to be but also because NBA talent has improved so much. I think it might be more like 2010 which people sleep on a lot. It had Wall/Cousins in the top 5 and George 10th and then a whole lot of complete trash

I'm looking at the whole of 2013 and Kelly Olynyk has arguably had the fourth best career of the entire draft class lmao

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Yossarian-22 posted:

I feel like people had this analysis of LaMelo Ball as well but his "NBA archetype" was just so good that it didn't matter. Seeing what Risacher does at 19 meets the eye test for me and I imagine he'll only get more dangerous as he beefs up. Granted I think he has decently high bust potential like most players this year

I mean lamelo went 3rd because he showed he could create shots against grown men in australia, his fg% just wasn't great because he was still a lanky kid

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What are the results from the combine of which players have that dawg in him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Shear Modulus posted:

Holland is a super high dawg player

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Shear Modulus posted:

The combine this year seems to be dawg free unfortunately

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Alright after 30 minutes of draft prep I’ll be furious if the Hornets don’t take either Castle or Holland, hopefully one is left

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

morestuff posted:

Alright after 30 minutes of draft prep I’ll be furious if the Hornets don’t take either Castle or Holland, hopefully one is left

Sorry Mike, you've sold the team now you don't get a say.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Clingan has massive bust vibes which is why I am extremely confident the Wizards will take him at 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/Balldontlie/status/1790857404776894510