Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

BrigadierSensible posted:

He also got to costar on a sitcom with Tamsin Greig and the voice of Postman Pat. Which is nice.

Ross gpt to clown around with the bloke from Taskmaster/Ted Lasso and direct a Simon Pegg movie. Which is also nice.

Why do I know so much about the ftiends actors post friends careers?

Because they had the reunion a few years ago and then Matthew Perry died bringing them into sharp newsworthy focus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
WIBTA For Sounding Off On My Future In-Laws For Leaving Our Rehearsal Dinner Early To Be With Their Friends?

quote:

I’m (M26) getting married to my fiancé (F28) this year. My fiancé’s parents are paying for the wedding, despite us insisting that we pay for it ourselves. They even threatened to cut her off when we said we were paying for it. In their own words “it’s not YOUR wedding, it’s OUR wedding” and everything they’ve done have been parent-zillas since. This has led to almost a year of frustration and tears on our end, along with her parents inviting more of their friends to the wedding than our own.

The one thing that we’ve consistently pushed back on is not allowing her father (M64) to play his Rolling Stones cover band with his buddies (who have only ever performed in their basement decades ago) at the wedding or rehearsal dinner itself. It’s been a nonstarter and we think is insanity.

The one thing her parents aren’t paying for is the rehearsal dinner (my parents are paying for it). My fiancé’s parents told her today that they’re going to leave the rehearsal dinner halfway through so they can go back to their house and have a “jam session” with their friends.

We find this disrespectful to my parents and to ourselves, as they’re again making the event about themselves. Frankly, I’d rather them leave because they’re bad vibes anyways, but the principle is frustrating. When asked why they wouldn’t do it before, they replied “it would be rude to kick our friends out because we have to go to the rehearsal dinner.” I’ve had enough and want to sound off on them about how selfish and narcissistic they’ve been and would rather leave their only daughter‘s rehearsal dinner early to hang out with their friends.

WIBTA?

TLDR: Future In-Laws aren’t paying for the rehearsal dinner, so they’re planning to leave early to be have a “jam session” with their friends.

AITA for keeping my BFF’s husband’s secret?

quote:

I have been friends with my BFF for decades. We’ll call her Julie. We are very close and tell each other everything. She has been with her husband for around 10 years. We get along great as friends. The three of us hang out often.

Over a year ago he asked me to meet about something important. I assumed it was going to be about Julie. Well it wasn’t.

He told me he thought he was falling in love with me. I got super pissed, basically told him WTH did he want me to do with that information, I wish he never told me and nothing will ever happen between us. I then told him that if he's feeling this way he must be missing something from his relationship and he needed to figure it out. I then stopped talking to him for many months. I only saw him if I had to because of seeing Julie.

Eventually it was forgotten, or at least I thought so, we were friends again and all was normal.

Fast forward to Two weeks ago. He out of the blue told me he still had feelings. I again got super pissed, told him I thought he was over it and that I wish I had told Julie the first time. I told him again to figure his crap out.

Well, a few days ago he told me he planned on telling Julie because of how guilty I’ve been feeling from not telling her what he told me. I got pissed off again and told him that he’s going to ruin my lifelong friendship with her because I kept the secret thinking he was going to get over these stupid feelings. I told him that I would stop being friends with him again so he can get over the feelings and we can move on with our lives but if he really couldn’t get over the feelings then he definitely needed to tell her. I am very afraid of what will happen if she finds out I didn’t tell her in the first place because I feel like I’ve betrayed her. But my intention was that he would get over it, and their marriage would be saved.

But Now I feel extra guilty for not telling her a year ago and for not telling her now. AITA for keeping this secret? Should I just say something?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

babypolis posted:

I dunno, OP 1 is clearly trying his best. lovely situation for the wife for sure but I think they are working through it as best as they can. Agreed on the second OP tho
My point is more that OP 2 has clearly never wanted to deal with her husband's niece and she frames it as he threatened divorce over it, but I honestly think divorcing 3 years ago would have been the better option. For all the kids as well. Like, sometimes divorce really is the best option!

I also 100% believe she told Charlotte/Kelly that they could dump her back with her parents because it fits the tone she has in her posts. Which is, uh. Not something I really find sympathetic or forgivable. I don't think she's obligated to try and be Charlotte/Kelly's mom, but it's pretty telling she describes this teenager as a master manipulator who tries to act innocent but is really flinging poison around everywhere when she's the one who responded to teenaged misbehavior with some pretty nasty verbal abuse and then tried to present herself as innocent for it.

Like, I don't doubt this kid has grown up in a really fucky environment whose standards she's projecting onto her older cousin in an unhealthy way, and that's definitely something that needs to be addressed, but OP 1 sounds like... he has been working to try to address that via therapy and support. So I'm not like giving him equal blame. The situation with OP 2 just really sucks.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It feels like, in that situation, wife was somewhat forced by husband into a situation she didn't want. But then.. she did nothing about it but act lovely and spiteful?

Like, sure, husband seemed to disregard her feelings and desires in this situation. That's lovely. He likely feels justified in forcing this to happen because he's trying to save a teenage girl from a bad situation which could have ended in tragedy.

Wife didn't want to have to deal with this and didn't sign up for this and feels like her feelings are being trampled all for a teenage girl. I totally get if she doesn't have the bandwidth or desire to deal with it. In that case, she should have gotten out of the situation immediately instead of growing mean and spiteful over it.

It's a really lovely situation and I feel really bad for both of the children for being caught in the middle of this.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

He also got to costar on a sitcom with Tamsin Greig and the voice of Postman Pat. Which is nice.

Ross gpt to clown around with the bloke from Taskmaster/Ted Lasso and direct a Simon Pegg movie. Which is also nice.

Why do I know so much about the ftiends actors post friends careers?

Also Matthew Perry's pre-acting career gets talked about a lot since it sets the stage for the Meiji Restoration.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I had been intending to rewatch How I Met Your Mother because I trailed off after season 3 or 4 or something, so initially I was pretty annoyed that it just got spoiled in this thread, but then reading through the posts I think they were actually a public service alerting me to not waste my time rewatching out of some sense of needing to complete the series.

Also who the gently caress hasn't watched Ban(ne)d of Brothers, your probes are more than deserved.

gently caress it's been maybe a decade, I should watch it again.

Only sociopaths watch war movies.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Mordiceius posted:

It feels like, in that situation, wife was somewhat forced by husband into a situation she didn't want. But then.. she did nothing about it but act lovely and spiteful?

Like, sure, husband seemed to disregard her feelings and desires in this situation. That's lovely. He likely feels justified in forcing this to happen because he's trying to save a teenage girl from a bad situation which could have ended in tragedy.

Wife didn't want to have to deal with this and didn't sign up for this and feels like her feelings are being trampled all for a teenage girl. I totally get if she doesn't have the bandwidth or desire to deal with it. In that case, she should have gotten out of the situation immediately instead of growing mean and spiteful over it.

It's a really lovely situation and I feel really bad for both of the children for being caught in the middle of this.
Yeah, basically it's not wrong for her to feel like she got trampled, but her taking it out on a child is uncalled for. Even in her telling of how things went, the kid is 16 and it sounds like she's been living with them for years, so she's definitely been projecting a lot of spite onto a kid who can't help being a kid and can't help growing up in an abusive environment and being traumatized.

I understand feeling like it's really unfair that your only options are to basically divorce and co-parent or deal with an entire extra kid she didn't want and doesn't like, but seething on the situation until she explodes on the kid is the exact wrong option, and it sounds like she's trying to do extra damage on her way out now that she's decided on a divorce as an extra 'gently caress you'. She doesn't have a responsibility to raise Charlotte/Kelly if she doesn't want to, but as an adult she does have a responsibility to not deliberately re-traumatize a teenager that's a survivor of severe abuse just because she's mad at her husband. It's that simple!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

PetraCore posted:

Yeah, basically it's not wrong for her to feel like she got trampled, but her taking it out on a child is uncalled for. Even in her telling of how things went, the kid is 16 and it sounds like she's been living with them for years, so she's definitely been projecting a lot of spite onto a kid who can't help being a kid and can't help growing up in an abusive environment and being traumatized.

I understand feeling like it's really unfair that your only options are to basically divorce and co-parent or deal with an entire extra kid she didn't want and doesn't like, but seething on the situation until she explodes on the kid is the exact wrong option, and it sounds like she's trying to do extra damage on her way out now that she's decided on a divorce as an extra 'gently caress you'. She doesn't have a responsibility to raise Charlotte/Kelly if she doesn't want to, but as an adult she does have a responsibility to not deliberately re-traumatize a teenager that's a survivor of severe abuse just because she's mad at her husband. It's that simple!

Absolutely.

She's not wrong in feeling upset, but she's very wrong in how she handled her anger.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Am I misreading or does husbands' version make zero mention of divorce? That's a weird thing to leave out.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Why are people writing Charlotte/Kelly when they're only referring to the girl in one of the two stories

They're completely separate stories btw, not the same story from two perspectives. A lot of things may be similar but the first OP has had custody for 3 years whereas 2nd OP says her husband brought Kelly in 14 months ago.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Tarezax posted:

Why are people writing Charlotte/Kelly when they're only referring to the girl in one of the two stories

They're completely separate stories btw, not the same story from two perspectives. A lot of things may be similar but the first OP has had custody for 3 years whereas 2nd OP says her husband brought Kelly in 14 months ago.
Didn't the last one say OP 1 is her husband and he'd changed details? That's why.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

PetraCore posted:

Didn't the last one say OP 1 is her husband and he'd changed details? That's why.

Oh the usernames weren't shown so I didn't make the connection when I read that sentence

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Wasn’t Courtney Cox the only one to get to star in a (kinda) successful series after Friends? Joey was a flop, Jennifer Aniston just movies to romcoms, Lisa Kudrow honestly hasn’t really been in much since, and the other two get a few movie roles.

Oh wait, Matt Leblanc was in Episodes (as himself). Okay series, if not a cult classic.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Wasn’t Courtney Cox the only one to get to star in a (kinda) successful series after Friends? Joey was a flop, Jennifer Aniston just movies to romcoms, Lisa Kudrow honestly hasn’t really been in much since, and the other two get a few movie roles.

Oh wait, Matt Leblanc was in Episodes (as himself). Okay series, if not a cult classic.

Does "Juice!" not ring a bell?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lisa Kudrow is in "Bark!" (Don't watch it.)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ApplesandOranges posted:

They all made so much money they don't have to hustle too hard. They can do weird things, or personal things, or nothing at all if they like.

Jennifer Aniston ended up as the co-lead of Apple TV's big debut series (The Morning Show) and it just got renewed for a fourth season.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Halloween Jack posted:

AITA being pissed at what my wife said to our niece

UPDATE: AITA pissed at what my wife said to my niece

AITAH for waking out on my “adoptive daughter” and telling her everything is her fault

Update AITAH for waking out on my “adoptive daughter” and telling her everything is her fault

god loving drat.

this is all feels good dad for the first bit and how i aspire to be

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

WIBTA if I dump my big, gay horse

quote:

My [F32] close friend John [M34] and I recently bought a horse, Lenny, together. It's been a lot of work but we've figured out how to share the responsibility and made a flexible schedule so we can take him for rides when we want without stepping on each others' toes. The one place where our opinions differ though, is that John sees Lenny as a close companion but I admit that he's more of an investment. I found a trainer at a local stud farm that thought Lenny would make for a great line, but we found out immediately that he prefers the company of other males.

John thinks we should keep Lenny even though he's clearly never going to sire any foals like we hoped. He's taking this a lot more lightly than I am and I kind of blew up at him a bit and we both said some things we regret. He thinks I should love Lenny unconditionally while I blame him for spoiling Lenny and being a bad role model.

I've made arrangements to auction Lenny off but John thinks I'm being unfair and he's practically begging me to keep him. I can afford to give Lenny a good home for the rest of his life and, as an older horse, it's hard finding the right family for him but at this point, I just want to be rid of him. It's nothing personal, it's just that he's not what I signed on for. WIBTA if I go through with this?

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Mordiceius posted:

WIBTA For Sounding Off On My Future In-Laws For Leaving Our Rehearsal Dinner Early To Be With Their Friends?

her father['s] Rolling Stones cover band

:sever:

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Call Your Grandma posted:

r/relationships: if I dump my big, gay horse

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Polish your hooves every single day
And dump you at the horse dentist

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Alas poor Lenny thought of rabbits and died.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Tarezax posted:

Oh the usernames weren't shown so I didn't make the connection when I read that sentence
Yeah, I thought they were two separate stories posted for a similar theme at first but then that sentence made me raise my eyebrows. I was going with Charlotte/Kelly because I don't think either of those are her name but just going 'the kid' is awkward too, and obviously we don't know which specific details are correct but even if she's 16 and has only been living with them for 14 months that means she's been around since she was 14 or 15. It's one of those deals where OP 2 is trying to paint herself in a good light and kind of just fails.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Don't horses often use artificial insemination to avoid the risk of injury to the stud or the mare? It doesn't seem like a gay horse would be much of an impediment to that, you'd just need to change up the scents at the humping station or whatever.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

PetraCore posted:

Don't horses often use artificial insemination to avoid the risk of injury to the stud or the mare? It doesn't seem like a gay horse would be much of an impediment to that, you'd just need to change up the scents at the humping station or whatever.

Racing horses aren’t allowed to be bred using artificial insemination.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bad role model huh? you told your friend he made the horse gay didnt you

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i'm on the big gay horse's side

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

DoctorTristan posted:

Racing horses aren’t allowed to be bred using artificial insemination.
Huh. Is that to avoid, uh, semen scams? Since people pay so much for studding.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
we bought the horse together, so i only have 50% ownership, but ive unilaterally decided to sell the horse, am i an rear end in a top hat??

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PetraCore posted:

Huh. Is that to avoid, uh, semen scams? Since people pay so much for studding.

It's to prop up the cost of stud services and to prevent gene-pool-collapse.
See, using AI a single stallion could father hundreds or even thousands of foals all over the country. Without it he's going to be limited to a couple of dozen, max. The second scenario means that horses that aren't multiple-championship-winners still get used for stud, rather than every single foal in the country coming from a handful of sires.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ah, so that's the AI controversy everyone's talking about

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Wanna sell homorse. Friend said neigh.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Big Gay St-Al-lion.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

“Race Horses actually cannot be bred with artificial insemination”
(Soup Tube Guy hangs his head and slowly crumbles up another piece of paper)

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

next day coffee is my jam. I don't bother microwaving it. The medicine gets in my system faster if it's room temp. Just down the hatch, right away.

I don't actually like coffee that much and I've since bought a bottle of 100mg caffeine pills and I have one of those first thing in the morning instead

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

"We adopted her" in husband's version is such a weird thing to change. Why give a completely fake version of the story if you're trying to find out whether you're an rear end in a top hat? If you give a fake version you'll get a fake answer. Even if all you want is validation, it's fake validation. What's the point?!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My Spirit Otter posted:

we bought the horse together, so i only have 50% ownership, but ive unilaterally decided to sell the horse, am i an rear end in a top hat??

John should wire the other 50% over to OP and say "wow look you got a massive return on your investment. Now stay away from my big gay horse."

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

InediblePenguin posted:

how many moths did you get

It's hard to count them because every time you open your wallet they fly away.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, the in-laws are clearly the arseholes, but also let them leave. If they are arseholish enough to not see a problem with it, it's not your responsibility to hide that from everyone.

So long as they aren't playing their lovely music at your event, let it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chewbecca posted:

I mean, the in-laws are clearly the arseholes, but also let them leave. If they are arseholish enough to not see a problem with it, it's not your responsibility to hide that from everyone.

So long as they aren't playing their lovely music at your event, let it happen

:dadjoke: I want my lovely band to play at your wedding.

:nyd: No, your lovely band can't play at our wedding.
:dadjoke: Fine. Anyway, I have to leave early the night before the wedding to go practice jam with my lovely band for no particular reason.

Seems sus.