Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Outer/inner planes, cthulhu/dark tapestry/space, fae, the ocean

i would expect a planes thing if i had to guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I know we have siege weaponry but do we have guidelines for doing big battles?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

As the resident sprite- and gnome-obsessed player: god yes please

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kyrosiris posted:

As the resident sprite- and gnome-obsessed player: god yes please

It would make sense, I don't think there has been much about the First World in 2e.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Harold Fjord posted:

I know we have siege weaponry but do we have guidelines for doing big battles?

There's some stuff for that in Kingmaker for 2e, but it's pretty intertwined with the Kingdom building aspects, so there's possibly some traction there.

More fey stuff would also be great.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I assume mass combat rules would be part of Battlecry. Seems like the obvious fit.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

How does the "Very, Very, Sneaky" Goblin feat work in practice?

https://2e.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?ID=4453

"You can move up to your Speed when you use the Sneak action, and you no longer need to have cover or greater cover or be concealed to Hide or Sneak."

If you're adjacent to an enemy you can Hide to gain the Hidden condition?? Then they have to Seek to find you even if you're just standing right next to them?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

appropriatemetaphor posted:

"You can move up to your Speed when you use the Sneak action, and you no longer need to have cover or greater cover or be concealed to Hide or Sneak."

If you're adjacent to an enemy you can Hide to gain the Hidden condition?? Then they have to Seek to find you even if you're just standing right next to them?

You're just that sneaky, yes.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Aside from what has already been mentioned, I would expect a Darklands/underground adventuring book (which honestly could go either way as a Lost Omens book or a larger rulebook) and a 2e version of the NPC Codex or Villain Codex from 1e.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

appropriatemetaphor posted:

It's Looney Tunes poo poo where they're looking over their left shoulder and the goblin is on the right.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Silver2195 posted:

That said, I’m not sure how much sense it makes as a subject for a rulebook (as opposed to a Lost Omens book). Rules for evil Champions already exist and are widely agreed to be a waste of space; there are also rules for magical contracts and stats for a variety of fiends. What fiend-themed rules content is missing?

Lost Omens: Cheliax

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
on the contrary, i feel like there's a lot of thematic stuff that could use a revisit now that they're completely untethered from dnd ip. they could do real big revisions of outer planes stuff

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Taear posted:

Lost Omens: Cheliax

I'd buy it!

I mean I have a subscription, so obviously, but I mean I'd really love this one.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Aren't they still selling Cheliax: The Infernal Empire?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I wanna learn more about the ruins of Azlant & Arcadia.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Mister Olympus posted:

on the contrary, i feel like there's a lot of thematic stuff that could use a revisit now that they're completely untethered from dnd ip. they could do real big revisions of outer planes stuff

They've already started doing the 4e Elemental Chaos, with the Planes bleeding into each other at their borders and two of the Planes (Wood and Metal) "invading" the others.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Looks like there will be a kickstarter for a pathfinder 2e video game soon.

An actual one! Not an ARPG! Dragon's Demand

Seems to be a CRPG that goes up to level 7

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Arrrthritis posted:

It's from some guys who made Neverwinter nights content!!!!!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Clerical Terrors posted:

Aren't they still selling Cheliax: The Infernal Empire?
Literally just bought a copy for a one-shot I'm planning. It is drat good, but at nearly 10 years old it probably could stand an expansion/revision to reflect current politics and vibes.

Idk call me kooky but I get the impression that games set in a fascist theocracy could be rather timely.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They've already started doing the 4e Elemental Chaos, with the Planes bleeding into each other at their borders and two of the Planes (Wood and Metal) "invading" the others.
loving rad

Arrrthritis posted:

Good news today.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

this comic summarized abomination vaults better than i ever could. just a weird little dungeon themed bed and breakfast that also happens to have an adventure in it

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

mind the walrus posted:

Literally just bought a copy for a one-shot I'm planning. It is drat good, but at nearly 10 years old it probably could stand an expansion/revision to reflect current politics and vibes.

Idk call me kooky but I get the impression that games set in a fascist theocracy could be rather timely.

I mean other than Ravounel declaring independence and Isger nominally being independent did anything really radically change?

Don't get me wrong, I love Cheliax as a potential campaign setting, I'm really hoping my group will start playing the 2e conversion of Hell's Rebels soon. But I think in terms of lore it's already in a solid place for anyone to build from. In fact I'd say it's probably more fun that there's so little tying people down currently when they wanna write Cheliax stories.

I'm sure War of the Immortals will feature some stuff about Cheliax though.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Clerical Terrors posted:

I mean other than Ravounel declaring independence and Isger nominally being independent did anything really radically change?

Don't get me wrong, I love Cheliax as a potential campaign setting, I'm really hoping my group will start playing the 2e conversion of Hell's Rebels soon. But I think in terms of lore it's already in a solid place for anyone to build from. In fact I'd say it's probably more fun that there's so little tying people down currently when they wanna write Cheliax stories.

I'm sure War of the Immortals will feature some stuff about Cheliax though.

firebrands included some details about how cheliax is 'freeing' their slaves by letting them be sharecroppers subject to signing infernal contracts incurring military obligations

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Thaumy Bahauma, a Leshy Thaumaturge with a Tiki Bar theme and chalice implement that looks like a decorative mug

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Olympus posted:

this comic summarized abomination vaults better than i ever could. just a weird little dungeon themed bed and breakfast that also happens to have an adventure in it

wait is this actually an abom vaults manga? what's this from?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

wait is this actually an abom vaults manga? what's this from?

no it's just a rando isekai thing probably. but it rings true

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder2e/comments/1ctx947/spoilers_from_badluckgamers_interview_with_luis/

Apparently they did seriously consider killing off Torag instead of Gorum.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6u23n?The-Start-of-Something-Good-Announcing-Errata

Paizo released a big bunch of errata. They also listened to me and made the minotaur feat a stance :v:.

quote:

Page 44: The minotaur's Stretching Reach was intended to work similarly to a stance, with the minotaur having to spend an action in combat to gain access to a benefit (rather than walking around town with their sword arms permanently stretched out). We've changed this to simply be a stance to get this across more simply. Add the stance trait to Stretching Reach. Remove the language about the Interact action and instead add the one-action icon to the feat.
The feat's description now reads:

You can leverage your size and muscle to extend your reach and attack more distant foes. While in this stance, when you wield a melee weapon that requires two hands and doesn’t have reach, the weapon gains a reach of 10 feet.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

atelier morgan posted:

firebrands included some details about how cheliax is 'freeing' their slaves by letting them be sharecroppers subject to signing infernal contracts incurring military obligations

and here i thought pathfinder was a fantasy game

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Andrast posted:

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6u23n?The-Start-of-Something-Good-Announcing-Errata

Paizo released a big bunch of errata. They also listened to me and made the minotaur feat a stance :v:.

Holy gently caress Spellshots get basic and advanced Wizard spellcasting :flashfap:

Edit: SPRITES GET FULL FLIGHT AT 9TH LEVEL :aaaaa:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 17, 2024

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Flashy Disappearance got gutted. It was my favorite new rank 1 spell. Pathfinder has had a problem where non-legacy spells tend to be a lot worse than things like slow, heroism, or laughing fit, which were ported over from 3.x.

Edit: Flashy Disappearance on a staff was probably too good. I think it was fine on a scroll or as one of your 3 level 1 spell slots. Pf2e spell balance is a hard tightrope to walk. I'm just sad to see something that was so fun to use made to be so much worse.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 17, 2024

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Andrast posted:

Also, Strix and Sprites got moved up to getting flight as the levels that Awakened Animals get it. Just an admission that people are probably alright with you getting flight at level 9 if you're actively playing The Ancestry That's All About Flying.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Andrast posted:

They also fixed the supramarine chair. Hooray.

I'm still not convinced whether the chair is supposed to count as being immersed in water for their "hydration" racial feature. Was kind of hoping they'd clarify that bit too. Oh well!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Holy gently caress Spellshots get basic and advanced Wizard spellcasting :flashfap:

Various combination weapons also got buffed.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Flashy Disappearance got gutted. It was my favorite new rank 1 spell. Pathfinder has had a problem where non-legacy spells tend to be a lot worse than things like slow, heroism, or laughing fit, which were ported over from 3.x.

Edit: Flashy Disappearance on a staff was probably too good. I think it was fine on a scroll or as one of your 3 level 1 spell slots. Pf2e spell balance is a hard tightrope to walk. I'm just sad to see something that was so fun to use made to be so much worse.

The feats Acknowledge Fan and Quick Spring and the spells Instant Parade and Musical Accompaniment were also nerfed. Firebrands in general had some questionably balanced stuff (Quick Spring being the most notorious).

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 17, 2024

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dick Burglar posted:

I'm still not convinced whether the chair is supposed to count as being immersed in water for their "hydration" racial feature. Was kind of hoping they'd clarify that bit too. Oh well!

The description indicates that it's a fuckin' barrel full of water. It'd be really weird if it didn't imo.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mermaids are playable on land! Combination weapons got buffed! Roiling Mudslide is now usable!

Finally!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Silver2195 posted:

Various combination weapons also got buffed.

The feats Acknowledge Fan and Quick Spring and the spells Instant Parade and Musical Accompaniment were also nerfed. Firebrands in general had some questionably balanced stuff (Quick Spring being the most notorious).

Easy to balance around as a GM: Ishii Bunji was executed for being a liberal.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Hellioning posted:

Combination weapons got buffed!

What did they change here, I don't remember what the original rules were.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
the combination trait is pretty much the same (it's been updated to the treasure vault version, which was changed for non-firearm combination weapons), it's the weapons themselves that have been buffed

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Finally my gunbreaker dreams can come true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Inventors got a pretty significant buff with the Unstable trait going from a DC 17 flat to a 15. 10% more likely to succeed and get a second not-focus point per fight and less likely to blow themselves up when using it. It's still probably bad compared to the updated Focus rules but now it's not AS bad.