Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Even when Austin's neck is held together by the power of prayer he's good. I'm not sure why we're suddenly pretending he's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dawgstar posted:

Even when Austin's neck is held together by the power of prayer he's good. I'm not sure why we're suddenly pretending he's not.

I think it sounds like the argument of what being a “good wrestler” means, which is generally disingenuous on twitter. Austin never did the type of poo poo Ospreay or Omega do and at his height wasn’t a technical wizard like Danielson but you can’t say he didn’t also have great matches. It’s just different stuff and it all kicks rear end.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Austin's sense of timing, emotions, and selling are still impeccable even when he's more kneebrace than man.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

post hole digger posted:

when people say stuff like this, i'd like to know what they even mean by 'workrate'.

Insert here Bret Hart's rant about how Ric Flair sucks as a wrestler in the ring

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think it sounds like the argument of what being a “good wrestler” means, which is generally disingenuous on twitter. Austin never did the type of poo poo Ospreay or Omega do and at his height wasn’t a technical wizard like Danielson but you can’t say he didn’t also have great matches. It’s just different stuff and it all kicks rear end.

And yet if I could draft one wrestler from WWE it would be GUNTHER who moved like a soviet ballistic missile launch pad and whose most athletic move is falling awkwardly from the top rope.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'd draft GUNTHER on the condition that he shut down a minimum of two Waffle Houses and gets rid of his disgusting current physique

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Call me crazy but I think the type of wrestling these guys are trying to poo poo on is “something you could see in PWG”

I am honestly surprised these guys do not poo poo on Sami and Owens because of their Indy ties

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

rotinaj posted:

Call me crazy but I think the type of wrestling these guys are trying to poo poo on is “something you could see in PWG”

I am honestly surprised these guys do not poo poo on Sami and Owens because of their Indy ties

Their time in NXT cleansed them of their sins.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

rotinaj posted:

Well you see, they're in WWE so they're Good. If they weren't in WWE they'd be Bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'd draft GUNTHER on the condition that he shut down a minimum of two Waffle Houses and gets rid of his disgusting current physique

I also miss GUNTHER when he was just a slab.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Those three months the nfl doesn’t have games

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
That's WrestleMania season to you.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I googled how much money NFL vs TKO made in 2023 and it isn't even loving close. I think some people don't understand how much a difference there is between like 1 billion to 2 billion let alone between 2 billion and 20 billion.

The NFL is the richest sports league in the world, with revenue heading toward $20 billion thanks to TV deals that average $12 billion a year. Thanks to revenue sharing across the league's 32 teams, each franchise is worth at least $3.5 billion, according to Forbes' ranking in 2023.

In addition to its Q4 and full-year 2023 earnings, TKO issued its first-ever financial guidance to investors, projecting revenue of $2.575 billion to $2.650 billion and adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of $1.150 billion to $1.170 billion for full-year 2024. Moreover, the company asserts that it will have an enviable rate of adjusted EBITDA to free cash flow conversion “in excess of 50%.”

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shard posted:

So I googled how much money NFL vs TKO made in 2023 and it isn't even loving close. I think some people don't understand how much a difference there is between like 1 billion to 2 billion let alone between 2 billion and 20 billion.

The NFL is the richest sports league in the world, with revenue heading toward $20 billion thanks to TV deals that average $12 billion a year. Thanks to revenue sharing across the league's 32 teams, each franchise is worth at least $3.5 billion, according to Forbes' ranking in 2023.

In addition to its Q4 and full-year 2023 earnings, TKO issued its first-ever financial guidance to investors, projecting revenue of $2.575 billion to $2.650 billion and adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of $1.150 billion to $1.170 billion for full-year 2024. Moreover, the company asserts that it will have an enviable rate of adjusted EBITDA to free cash flow conversion “in excess of 50%.”

yeah, the difference between other professional sports and the nfl isnt even loving close, wrestling fans comparing it to wrestling is so stupid and myopic. the nfl is like america's civic religion at this point.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shard posted:

Having a playoff game on Peacock was enormous for them and more than likely worth however much NBC/Comcast paid for it, even if most of us probably had to go sailing the seas in order to watch. Getting the NBA won't be nearly as close for a season as that one NFL playoff was, and that'll blow a full year of WWE out of the water.

In terms of value it's really the NFL above everyone else. NFL, big gap, college football, big gap, then we can start talking about the rest.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Respect that this guy got caught in a lie and just keeps lying and pretending to be an indie worker.

https://twitter.com/D0NStevensAEW/status/1790735960709177402

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Respect that this guy got caught in a lie and just keeps lying and pretending to be an indie worker.

Reading the comments I think he's making other people pretend to do the same, like some sort of weird LARP.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

This dudes insane. I’ve been following him for a while. My favorite thing is that he can’t even pretend to be a known or popular wrestler.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so its just more roleplay accounts. Just of the non-Alex Bliss variety

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Reading the comments I think he's making other people pretend to do the same, like some sort of weird LARP.

I have heard from some folks that the old days of e-fedding with posts in forums are dead, replaced entirely by simulations in 2k games and in Twitter slapfights

If he is just extremely online and has managed to dork his way to this end result, lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hmmmmmm

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1791064293590356404?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Using a gif of people not even responding to the call and lifting arms half heartedly is beautiful for the context

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://x.com/theantimarkofpw/status/1790874554723696804?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

rotinaj posted:

I have heard from some folks that the old days of e-fedding with posts in forums are dead, replaced entirely by simulations in 2k games and in Twitter slapfights

If he is just extremely online and has managed to dork his way to this end result, lol

Nah, they aren’t dead, they’ve just moved to discord servers instead of forums.

…the problem is that the three biggest servers are all owned by the same guy, who doesn’t like roleplaying and doesn’t take part, he wormed his way into ownership so he could have something to brag about.

The OTHER problem is that all the active servers of note have largely the same core list of members so if you don’t like one server because of the people, good look finding a server without them. :v:

…yeah honestly the scene may as well be dead at this point lol.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People claim Nastyism can't get engagement but he gets plenty when he even brings up something WWE is criticized for very lightly.

https://twitter.com/Dhenk07/status/1791118352896639019

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vandar posted:

Nah, they aren’t dead, they’ve just moved to discord servers instead of forums.

…the problem is that the three biggest servers are all owned by the same guy, who doesn’t like roleplaying and doesn’t take part, he wormed his way into ownership so he could have something to brag about.

The OTHER problem is that all the active servers of note have largely the same core list of members so if you don’t like one server because of the people, good look finding a server without them. :v:

…yeah honestly the scene may as well be dead at this point lol.

We just used google docs and I think a website I made to do our last round of e-fedding a few years back.

This is all just making me want to get my play-by-post wrestling game off the ground.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Oh you think we're racist NOW? Well just you wait. "

Great look.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah the two had good matches together, I think Rock was a solid worker.

And you know, looking at history; Undertaker was never the best big man but he's got some gems. Hogan, solid light worker who maybe fell into routine as soon as he realized he could, but only really started to flounder in WCW. John Cena has put on classics. And of course Ric Flair WAS that drat good.

It's true that the most popular wrestlers have rarely been the *best* on a purely technical level, but like, it does help. When you have a champ who can't do it your options are much more limited in how you book them.

I definitely agree for the most part, looking at cases where terrible wrestlers were pushed as a big promotion's top stars (Warrior, Big Daddy, etc), though I do think the argument is sort of valid in a few cases. The biggest example I can think of would probably be Goldberg, who wasn't a very good wrestler but had all the physical charisma to make up for it and become extremely popular. I feel like his run was cut short due to WCW being muppets rather than him being limited in-ring, but I don't know what the reaction was like at the time. It's possible people were cooling off on him very quickly after the shine wore off, though it doesn't feel that way watching old WCW shows.

I think smaller niche promotions can get away with pushing awful wrestlers as their most popular guys. Sandman in ECW springs to mind!

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 16, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

This is war and it will result in Mariah May losing all rights to the color pink

Mother of god

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jade can handle her own business if there’s actual problems. Aside from her academic accolades, she’s a tough and resilient worker that takes no poo poo.

Tiffany is a spot monkey on borrowed knees.

Idk what the controversy is, not do I care.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just enjoy when twitter engagement posters try and act like they’re tough guys or something. It really just drives home how pathetic they are

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/DigestAndroid/status/1791185439568634058

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

This is war and it will result in Mariah May losing all rights to the color pink

Mother of god

pink is a chud color now :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

post hole digger posted:

pink is a chud color now :(

My hair last year and my nails when I feel like it say otherwise, pal!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t think Tiffany intentionally posted that clip knowing the sound was on in it considering people
here didn’t even know it had sound on it when it dropped she also quickly deleted it. Not every gently caress up people make is rooted in horrific violence and evil

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it is very obvious a video has sound when you download it, and then put it on your instagram story lol

no need to walk down the “what jim said wasn’t technically racist” path

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t think Tiffany intentionally posted that clip knowing the sound was on in it considering people
here didn’t even know it had sound on it when it dropped she also quickly deleted it. Not every gently caress up people make is rooted in horrific violence and evil

honestly, has it ever worked out to give someone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to someone posting some racist content?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

not that anymore evidence needs to be submitted for this conviction but she has been liking some pretty heinous maga poo poo on twitter this whole entire time so you do not in fact have to give her the benefit of the doubt lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Well i didn’t know about her likes so gently caress her and her whole stupid family if she’s a racist hopefully she’s gone as quick that stupid gently caress from the video games that harassed Ronda