Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

External Organs posted:

The new Prince of Persia is a good time.

Also the Roguelike looks really really fun. to be fair it's just published by Ubisoft and is developed by the Dead Cells guys

i wasnt even aware there was a new prince of persia lol. that roguelike looks like a dead cells tc which frankly is fine by me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lol the new prince is named Sargon ahahahaha

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

Ubisoft is the most creatively bankrupt studio in the industry right now, and that's genuinely impressive

This just means they've spent a lot of money on creativity, and what's so wrong about that? You think they should have been more stingy with the creativity so they wouldn't go bankrupt?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Popy posted:

this is it

this is the summer were ubi annouces a new splinter cell game

Sam has to go back to Georgia again, this time to stop the passage of the foreign agent law.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

Ubisoft is the most creatively bankrupt studio in the industry right now, and that's genuinely impressive

Hey gently caress you the new Assassins Creed is coming out in November and he's Blackanese

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

the fact that theyre still releasing new games and not shutting down studios left and right puts them miles ahead of most other big publishers

AAAA gaming is absolutely dire right now

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hey gently caress you the new Assassins Creed is coming out in November and he's Blackanese

I will give them credit for sticking with the Japan setting after Tsushima came out and ate their open world lunch but also that game is loving doomed if it's not perfect out the gate with a direct comparison like that just sitting there

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've heard nothing but good things about the new Prince of Persia. The combat looks fun, the traversal looks good, and they did weird and wild stuff with the unlocked powers instead of the generic double jump/dash/etc. Those 3 things are basically all a metroidvania needs. The one mark against it I've seen is that it's a full price game in a genre where the norm is $30 at most and the genre-defining title is the most ridiculously underpriced game in history.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

the genre-defining title is the most ridiculously underpriced game in history.

...metroid?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

...metroid?

Playing Metroid and Castlevania legit is actually more expensive than Hollow Knight lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hatebag posted:

...metroid?

Beloved Igavania classic, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (on sale now for $9.99)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Beloved Igavania classic, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (on sale now for $9.99)

i played that. it was good but not quite as good as sotn - didn't have the charm. are the 2d sprite ones any good?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Popy posted:

Germans natural state its a crime against nature to make them exist as a single nation
Well, it is currently two, but you even that should never have been allowed

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Hatebag posted:

i played that. it was good but not quite as good as sotn - didn't have the charm. are the 2d sprite ones any good?

Yes, but they're specifically Castlevania Castlevanias, not Metroidvanias.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ubisoft has been churning on their next major releases for a while now... Gotta figure if they don't all hit they're the next stop on the gamedev blood train

isn’t their next big thing that they’ve been banking on that PvP survival pirate game that’s been in development hell for like 12 years and retooled around more battle royale micro transactions now?

but yeah their last AssCree game was apparently a silent fart. no idea what they’re doing

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Xaris posted:

isn’t their next big thing that they’ve been banking on that PvP survival pirate game that’s been in development hell for like 12 years and retooled around more battle royale micro transactions now?

It got released like a month or two ago

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
new PoP is pretty good. Doesn't do anything mind-blowing with the genre and the story kind of happens all at once, but the things you play a metroidvania for are all there and they're all very good. $50 is a bit much but it's for sale for $30 on the ubisoft website right now, which I think is a decent deal if you like a metroid.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

External Organs posted:

It got released like a month or two ago

lmfao wtf

I guess im really behind AAA release schedule. didn’t even know the new prince of Persia was out, what the gently caress. when did THAT happen??

i thought they were like q3 2024 or 2025

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Epic High Five posted:

I've heard nothing but good things about the new Prince of Persia. The combat looks fun, the traversal looks good, and they did weird and wild stuff with the unlocked powers instead of the generic double jump/dash/etc. Those 3 things are basically all a metroidvania needs. The one mark against it I've seen is that it's a full price game in a genre where the norm is $30 at most and the genre-defining title is the most ridiculously underpriced game in history.

I think it's gone on sale now a few times, worth tracking. My only complaint is that once you get your full loadout the game shuttles you to the final boss relatively quickly.

Also some posters who played on hard said the life scaling on bosses was too much. I just played normal and it felt fine though.

The powers are really fun.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Xaris posted:

lmfao wtf

I guess im really behind AAA release schedule. didn’t even know the new prince of Persia was out, what the gently caress

excuse me, skulls and bones is a AAAA game, please dont besmirch its legacy

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

:screamy:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

excuse me, skulls and bones is a AAAA game, please dont besmirch its legacy

well was it any good??

I don’t know why they didn’t just take black flag and make it more an expansive single player Pirates! game; you know, take all the parts that people liked and like making it a combination wind waker, pirates, my summer car boat,
and stuff

would have sold hot cakes if they were able to follow up after BF

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Xaris posted:

well was it any good??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgCZ-MHyOpU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/mr_tweetmachine/status/1790579792829718746

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

lmao

wait that was a real portrait? I thought it was a joke al! thread picture

how many school lunches did the uk need to set on fire to make that

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

that portrait is cool as gently caress idk what people are on about

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

evil I can abide by, what I hate is the hypocrisy

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

bitmap posted:

how you guys liking animal well

it’s very good, I beat it in just under 5 hours but only found half the hidden eggs.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

hey mom its 420 posted:

Disco Elysium rear end portrait

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hey mom its 420 posted:

it’s a very cool portrait which is really funny because of who its subject is

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hey this isn't really related to gaming but what's with that avatar

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

World War Mammories posted:

hey this isn't really related to gaming but what's with that avatar

you like what you see?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Cuttlefush posted:

you like what you see?

not long enough

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

hey mom its 420 posted:

ya it reminds me of the portrait in Green Knight. only.... red

also Homeworld 3 is out and has a 7/2 split in pro/user reviews. lots of people freaking out about DRM at first glance.

all I noticed is the cutscenes are look like Destiny CG instead of stylish animatics. Deserts of Kharak was a nice evolution of the style, they should have continued with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oXOZRMlES8

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.ppsspp.org/news/live-on-app-store/

what the hell

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
what the gently caress

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
oh playstation doesnt call their store the app store does it

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

When I'm trying to get my cats attention:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

no game that has both Japanese and English support has the courage to let you turn on subtitles in both languages at once cause then you'd realize how woke the translation was.