Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It certainly wasn't halped by All Japan running at the exact same time for their Champion Carnival block finals to a Korakuen crowd that looks to be at least 1100+, no doubt some of them would have gone if they weren't double booked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Sure they may have gotten some more but the issue is that New Japan just running a suitably sized major show would have drawn more than that. They need something more than All Star tag matches. They need meaningful matches, built up matches. What they did for this show didn't work.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

It certainly wasn't halped by All Japan running at the exact same time for their Champion Carnival block finals to a Korakuen crowd that looks to be at least 1100+, no doubt some of them would have gone if they weren't double booked

And the huge boxing show at the Tokyo Dome. Obviously not a 1-for-1 audience, but there's definitely crossover.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/kenoh_prowres/status/1787448325501067358

Kenoh streaming with his favorite wrestler.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The problem last year and you could tell from the crowd they couldn't get new japan fans. I haven't watched the show yet but it is less than sakura genesis and only a 1000 up on what noah drew for the ryogoku show.

But at the end of the day 4500 is what it is in the current environment. Especially in competition with ajpw who punched well above their weight in who the crowd was interested in last year.

The biggest problem is the cost of running the budokan.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The problem last year and you could tell from the crowd they couldn't get new japan fans. I haven't watched the show yet but it is less than sakura genesis and only a 1000 up on what noah drew for the ryogoku show.

But at the end of the day 4500 is what it is in the current environment. Especially in competition with ajpw who punched well above their weight in who the crowd was interested in last year.

The biggest problem is the cost of running the budokan.

I also wonder if maybe they'd do better running somewhere like Osaka or Fukuoka. Because Tokyo is run into the ground. Attendances for most companies are nowhere near recovering to 2019 levels. Meanwhile these cities, big as they are, might only get one big show a year from each of the major companies. Tokyo audiences are tapped hard & the Japanese economy is in a bad place. It all adds up.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

I also wonder if maybe they'd do better running somewhere like Osaka or Fukuoka. Because Tokyo is run into the ground. Attendances for most companies are nowhere near recovering to 2019 levels. Meanwhile these cities, big as they are, might only get one big show a year from each of the major companies. Tokyo audiences are tapped hard & the Japanese economy is in a bad place. It all adds up.

It's a lot to ask fans during golden week. Njpw actually pulled off a fairly miraculous ~4300 for dontaku after running the night before and drawing 2500. It's just more of a scrap these days.

Noah run a ghc hw title match at ryogoku only 3 days ago. As you pointed out there is a full house at the Tokyo dome for a boxing match.

That data you shared from puwota at the end of last year has on average 21 wrestling shows a week taking place in Tokyo.

So yeah another wrestling market would help I would think. I think fans in Tokyo are able to essentially be like well I don't need to go to this event. I'd rather go to the champions carnival or the bosj or whatever

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 6, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/Hi5ame/status/1787470059046117453

Wasting little time on getting that on the board. I'm sure it'll be great, Gabe is a psycho in the best way, Kaito is amazing, excited for it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Giving Kiyo people he will look good beating? What's even happening at Noah?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

https://x.com/Hi5ame/status/1787470059046117453

Wasting little time on getting that on the board. I'm sure it'll be great, Gabe is a psycho in the best way, Kaito is amazing, excited for it.

The thing is, it's NOAH and Kaito. I'm not sure Gabe doesn't win. Which in a sense is good and could build heat, but is also not a great thing for who should be one of their top homegrown guys.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

The thing is, it's NOAH and Kaito. I'm not sure Gabe doesn't win. Which in a sense is good and could build heat, but is also not a great thing for who should be one of their top homegrown guys.

Gabes story is that he's immature but his heart is in the right place (to njpw fans. Hes going to be horrible to noah fans)

As much as njpw enjoy big brothering noah this would be sorta counter to their own booking. I assume he will have a visible chance to win and gently caress up doing something moronic.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I hate Kaito's booking too, but he's not losing on his first defence to an outsider.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gabe's current story is that he spinning so many plates he can't focus right now and it's costing him matches he can win and I see that totally being the booking here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Why Gabe isn't officially the new leader of Bullet Club I simply cannot figure out, he's amazing.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Why Gabe isn't officially the new leader of Bullet Club I simply cannot figure out, he's amazing.

I think it's because in kayfabe he's a huge emotional maniac. Besides the real money is turning him face at some point. The domestic fans read his character as mad out of love for njpw

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I can see them doing the Kenny face turn on him by making him defend the honor of New Japan from some foreigner (hope it's not Jericho though)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I was thinking they'd do Tsuji/Okada maybe at Forbidden Door but Gabe/Okada would actually help that face turn along

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1787754743072506161

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TN Revolucion (just turned 27) and Kaito Nagano (21) both announced their retirements due to injuries

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1787717717111496923

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

TN Revolucion (just turned 27) and Kaito Nagano (21) both announced their retirements due to injuries

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1787717717111496923

Yo, that loving sucks. Especially Nishikawa, he had such a high ceiling. Losing SBK, TN Revolucion & Takuma Fujiwara all in the last 12 months is some serious young guy turnover.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dragongate news I saw on Twitter but haven't seen the show yet: MINORITA IS BACK. And the sick little gently caress wants Gianni Valletta in his comeback match :eyepop:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

As one tournament ends, so another begins. We have the Champion Carnival Finals on Sunday, but on Saturday New Japan start their Best of the Super Juniors tournament which a match with a high chance of being a banger, Akira vs Dragon Dia. And then the second match is BUSHI vs HAYATA, which might be the most cursed match a company could book in 2024. Stardom have a couple of shows that'll be live on Stardom World as they continue that brave step into the 21st century, Dragongate have some smaller shows with further fallout from the status quo changes at Dead Or Alive, with Natural Vibes down another member & with a new leader. Other than that, it's honestly a week I need to try and actually catch up on non-AJPW companies.

11/5/2023, Saturday

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

Stardom GoldenWeek Fight Tour in Chiba
TKP Garden City, Chiba
Cosmic Angels (Aya Sakura & Sayaka Kurara) vs Empress Nexus Venus (Maika & Mina Shirakwa)
Ranna Yagami vs Rian vs Waka Tsukiyama
Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C, Miyu Amasaki & Saya Kamitani) vs STARS (Hazuki, Koguma, Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida)
Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki) vs Empress Nexus Venus (HANAKO & Xena) vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe & Rina)
Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi, Saori Anou, Tam Nakano & Yuna Mizumori) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei, Konami, Saki Kashima & Syuri)
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Natsuko Tora & Thekla) vs STARS (Hanan & Mayu Iwatani) & Starlight Kid
Live on Stardom World

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

New Japan Best of the Super Juniors 31 Night 1
YohaS Arena, Chiba
BOSJ B Block: Dragon Dia vs Francesco Akira
BOSJ A Block: BUSHI vs HAYATA
BOSJ B Block: Ninja Mack vs Robbie Eagles
BOSJ A Block: Kosei Fujita vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
BOSJ B Block: Drilla Moloney vs SHO
BOSJ A Block: Blake Christian vs Clark Connors
BOSJ B Block: DOUKI vs Taiji Ishimori
BOSJ A Block: Kevin Knight vs TJP
BOSJ B Block: Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA
BOSJ A Block: El Desperado vs Titán
Live on NJPW World

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

DDT King of DDT 2nd Round
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Akito & Yuki Iino vs Damnation TA (KANON & MJ Paul) vs Kazuki Hirata & Soma Takao
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Ueno) vs Keigo Nakamura & Yukio Naya
Danshoku Dieno, HARASHIMA & Poison Sawada JULIE vs Kazuma Sumi, Takeshi Masada & Yuya Koroku
King of DDT 2nd Round: MAO vs To-y
King of DDT 2nd Round: Daisuke Sasaki vs Sanshiro Takagi
King of DDT 2nd Round: Kazusada Higuchi vs Shuji Ishikawa
King of DDT 2nd Round: Chris Brookes vs Tetsuya Endo
Live on Wrestle Universe

Tokyo Joshi Pro Live Tour Spring Night 6
Azalea Taisho Hall, Osaka
Chika Nanase vs Mahiro Kiryu
Rika Tatsumi vs Shino Suzuki
Toga vs Yuki Aino
Pom Harajuku & Raku v Uta Takami & Yuki Kamifuku
Haru Kazashiro, Maki Itoh & Runa Okubo vs HIMAWARI, Shoko Nakajima & Wakana Uehara
Arisu Endo, Miu Watanabe & Suzume vs Kaya Toribami, Mizuki & Moka Miyamoto
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EDT/2am PDT

Dragongate Hopeful Gate Night 2
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Ben-K vs BIG BOSS Shimizu
D'courage (Madoka Kikuta & Ryoya Tanaka) vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Ryu Fuda
Genki Horiguchi vs Takashi Yoshida
Dragon Kid, Naruki Doi, Susumu Yokosuka & YAMATO vs Z-Brats (ISHIN, Jason Lee, KAI & Shun Skywalker)
Aagan Iisou (Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi) vs Don Fujii & Ultimo Dragon
Big Hug (Hyo, Jacky Kamei & Luis Mante) vs Natural Vibes (Kzy, Strong Machine J & U-T)
Live on Dragongate Network

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, Osaka Pro, KOBE Meriken, BASARA & Hot Chouchou. Plus a New Japan USA PPV

12/5/2023, Sunday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EDT/7:30pm PDT

Stardom GoldenWeek Fight Tour in Korakuen
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Ranna Yagami vs Sayaka Kurara
Momo Kohgo vs Rian
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Momo Watanabe & Rina) vs Queen's Quest (Hina, Lady C & Saya Kamitani)
Empress Nexus Venus (HANAKO & Xena) vs God's Eye (Konami & Saki Kashima) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora & Thekla)
Cosmic Angels (Aya Sakura, Natsupoi & Tam Nakano) vs Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki) & Starlight Kid vs Empress Nexus Venus (Maika, Mina Shirakwa & Waka Tsukiyama) vs STARS (Hanan, Mayu Iwatani & Saya Iida)
Cosmic Angels (Saori Anou & Yuna Mizumori) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei & Syuri)
Goddess of Stardom Titles: FWC (Hazuki & Koguma)(c) vs 02line (AZM & Miyu Amasaki)
Live on Stardom World

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

All Japan Champion Carnival Night 11
Yokohama BUNTAI, Yokohama
Prelim: Act & Riko Fukunaga vs Marino Saihara & Yufa
Andy Wu & Seiki Yoshioka vs Dan Tamura & MUSASHI
Hartley Jackson & Lord Crewe vs Hokuto Omori & Kuma Arashi
Rei Saito vs Ren Ayabe
AKIRA, Shiro Koshinaka & Yuma Aoyagi vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan, Seigo Tachibana & Shotaro Ashino
Hideki Suzuki & Suwama vs Masakatsu Funaki & Masayuki Kono
PWF World Junior Heavyweight Title: Rising HAYATO vs Kaz Hayashi
Champion Carnival Final: Jun Saito vs Kento Miyahara
Live on AJPW TV

DDT Dramatic Dream Tour Night 4
Yume Messe, Sendai
Akito & Yuya Koroku vs Makoto Oishi & Yukio Naya
Chris Brookes, Kazuma Sumi & Takeshi Masada vs Danshoku Dieno, Kazusada Higuchi & Kazuki Hirata
Jun Akiyama & Tomomitsu Matsunaga vs To-y & Yuki Ueno
HARASHIMA & Keigo Nakamura vs Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino
MJ Paul vs Yoshitatsu
Daisuke Sasaki & KANON vs MAO & Shunma Katsumata

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #373
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

Dragongate Hopeful Gate Night 2
Sambo Hall, Kobe
Daiki Yanagiuchi, Ryoya Tanaka & Ryu Fuda vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Strong Machine J & U-T)
Royal Sambo: Don Fujii vs Genki Horiguchi vs Ho Ho Lun vs Mondai Ryu vs Punch Tominaga vs Shachihoko Boy vs Takashi Yoshida vs Yasushi Kanda
Dragon Kid, Susumu Yokosuka & YAMATO vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi
ISHIN vs Kzy
Ben-K vs Madoka Kikuta
Big Hug (Hyo, Jacky Kamei & Luis Mante) vs Z-Brats (Jason Lee, KAI & Shun Skywalker)
Live on Dragongate Network

Also shows from KOBE Meriken, Freedom, BJW, Osaka Pro, Wave, Burst, 2AW & Oz Academy

13/5/2023, Monday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

New Japan Best of the Super Juniors 31 Night 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
BOSJ A Block: Blake Christian vs Kevin Knight
BOSJ B Block: Francesco Akira vs Ninja Mack
BOSJ A Block: Clark Connors vs HAYATA
BOSJ B Block: Drilla Moloney vs Robbie Eagles
BOSJ A Block: TJP vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
BOSJ B Block: Dragon Dia vs Taiji Ishimori
BOSJ A Block: BUSHI vs Titán
BOSJ B Block: KUSHIDA vs SHO
BOSJ A Block: El Desperado vs Kosei Fujita
BOSJ B Block: DOUKI vs Hiromu Takahashi
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from BJW & YMZ

14/5/2023, Tuesday

Shows from BJW & Marvelous

15/5/2023, Wednesday

New Japan Best of the Super Juniors 31 Night 3
Region Plaza, Joetsu
HoT (SHO & Yujiro) vs Katsuya Murashima & Ninja Mack
BC War Dogs (Drilla Moloney & Gedo) vs Just 5 Guys (DOUKI & TAKA Michinoku)
KUSHIDA & Tiger Mask vs United Empire (Callum Newman & Francesco Akira)
Dragon Dia & Tomoaki Honma vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (Hiromu Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito)
BOSJ A Block: Kevin Knight vs Kosei Fujita
BOSJ A Block: Blake Christian vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
BOSJ A Block: HAYATA vs Titán
BOSJ A Block: Clark Connors vs TJP
BOSJ A Block: BUSHI vs El Desperado
Live on NJPW World

16/5/2023, Thursday

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EDT/1:30am PDT

DDT Early Summer Beer Garden Pro Wrestling Night 1
Ueno Park Outdoor Stage, Tokyo
Ilusion vs Soma Takao
Jun Akiyama & Sanshiro Takagi vs Keigo Nakamura & Yukio Naya
Specialty NG Behaviour Penalty Match: Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsmuata & Toru Owashi vs Tetsuya Endo, Yuki Iino & Yuya Koroku
Doki Doki! Special Rules Match: CDK (Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi) vs Danshoku Dieno & Kazuki Hirata
37KAMIINA (MAO, To-y & Yuki Ueno) vs Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi, Ryota Nakatsu & Yuki Ishida)
Akito, HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano vs Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON & MJ Paul)

New Japan Best of the Super Juniors 31 Night 4
G Messe, Gunma
El Desperado, Katsuya Murashima & Oleg Boltin vs Kevin Knight, Shoma Kato & Tiger Mask
HAYATA & Tomoaki Honma vs HoT (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Yujiro)
Blake Christian & United Empire (Callum Newman & TJP) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Tetsuya Naito & Titán)
BOSJ B Block: Francesco Akira vs KUSHIDA
BOSJ B Block: DOUKI vs Drilla Moloney
BOSJ B Block: Ninja Mack vs SHO
BOSJ B Block: Dragon Dia vs Hiromu Takahashi
BOSJ B Block: Robbie Eagles vs Taiji Ishimori
Live on NJPW World

Also show from Secret Base

17/5/2023, Friday

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EDT/1:30am PDT

DDT Early Summer Beer Garden Pro Wrestling Night 2
Ueno Park Outdoor Stage, Tokyo
Chris Brookes vs Yuya Koroku
HARASHIMA & Keigo Nakamura vs Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi & Yuki Ishida)
Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON & MJ Paul) vs Jun Akiyama, Makoto Oishi & Yukio Naya
Akito & Toru Owashi vs MAO & To-y
Kazuki Hirata & Yuki Ueno vs Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino
Kazuma Sumi vs Rukiya vs Takeshi Masada
DDT Extreme Title: Shunma Katsumata(c) vs Antonio Honda

Also shows from JTO & Dragongate in Hong Kong

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1789577511745257506 EC3 defending the NWA title on the May 29th All Japan show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I think I preferred when they were meant to be working with WWE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NXT Japan :getin:

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1790257515151683981

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Deleted. What was it?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

They deleted because they think they got something lost in translation. Here is the new tweet

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1790272818094973283?t=7sUiMjqdneEFiVde18Q3zw&s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My dreams of more Charlie Dempsey appearances have turned to ashes in my mouth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1790359814910140456

GLEAT, brought to you by more money than sense

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Burn Down Canberra posted:

They deleted because they think they got something lost in translation. Here is the new tweet

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1790272818094973283?t=7sUiMjqdneEFiVde18Q3zw&s=19

My WOL prediction comes true two years too late :negative:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Noah doing the job for an older promotion
https://x.com/DramaticDDT/status/1790959471226658950

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Well that makes what's going on with Takeshita interesting.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

That's certainly what the New President of Cyberfight said. No idea what that means. There are connections already in place with WWE airing it's shows in Japan on Abema as well as the Nakamura/Muto match last year.

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 16, 2024

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Stolen from Reddit

quote:

Summary of CyberFight (NOAH/DDT/TJPW) press conference

Yasuo Okamoto, Vice President of parent company CyberAgent, has been appointed as the new president of CyberFight

Sanshiro Takagi is now the Vice President of CyberFight. Naomichi Marufuji retains his position as Vice President. Akito Nishigaki and Narihiro Takeda are directors

They plan to strengthen the relationship between WWE and NOAH

More sponsors have been acquired

DDT and TJPW shows will be streamed on Abema occasionally

Ulka Sasaki and Eita have officially joined NOAH (they were previously freelancers)

Keiji Muto has been appointed as the "Scouting Advisor" for NOAH

There will be a disaster prevention event collaboration between Masahiro Chono and DDT called STF (Safety Task Force)

Auditions will be held to recruit teenagers to DDT

TJPW will be holding a joint event in the UK with EVE on August 24th. They will hold a show in Seattle in November. USA shows are confirmed again for Mania week next year.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mutoh is killing this company.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

quote:

There will be a disaster prevention event collaboration between Masahiro Chono and DDT called STF (Safety Task Force)
Amazing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Looking forward to WWE stans enthusing about how much they've always loved HAYATA.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Eita in NOAH has been such a waste. We lost out on a big babyface Eita run for this. At least DG goes from strength to strength.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

Eita in NOAH has been such a waste. We lost out on a big babyface Eita run for this. At least DG goes from strength to strength.

Yeah well it looks like this is what he wants, anyway. Sad but true.

I haven't been up-to-date with NOAH. Last I checked, Kaito had a big blowoff match with Kenoh, and now they've teamed up and made a new stable together. What happened? Also, why did Kaito and Oiwa split up? Was it violent at least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lily Catts posted:

Yeah well it looks like this is what he wants, anyway. Sad but true.

I haven't been up-to-date with NOAH. Last I checked, Kaito had a big blowoff match with Kenoh, and now they've teamed up and made a new stable together. What happened? Also, why did Kaito and Oiwa split up? Was it violent at least?

At all together Kiyomiya got jumped by Gabe Kidd. Kiyomiya formed the alliance to end the war dogs. This included KENOH but not Oiwa. This makes sense of course because Oiwa is in fact a NJPW wrestler and even turned down Marufuji in storyline. I am hoping this is Oiwa wrapping up his excursion (he has Shiozaki on Saturday) and he will turn heel and join the war dogs because NJPW are desperate for Japanese HW heels who don't loving stink in ring.

He can have his final match in NOAH where he loses to Kaito and be back for the G1. This is all my hopes because again NJPW need him imo.

The first Kaito and Oiwa interaction is next week on the 21st. They haven't actually met in ring post all this happening i dont think