Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Beve Stuscemi posted:

lmao at the thought of some dude with “HOA dog poo poo DNA tester” on his resume

big lomarf

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beve Stuscemi posted:

lmao at the thought of some dude with “HOA dog poo poo DNA tester” on his resume

our poo poo future means this dude is going to be poached like the scientist from the opening of count zero

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
https://twitter.com/0xgaut/status/1790577078250696917

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im 95% convinced the dna dog poo poo testing stuff is just pure grift and they just make up the results

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
comedy concept: a bunch of the pit bull breeders post up in an apartment complex and they can't ID the poops b/c they're all so inbred. everybody wins

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

it's lol and smh and all but preventing people from getting close enough to the camera to occupy its entire field of view is probably the correct solution here and will eliminate most of the trolling opportunities

they did one of these about a decade ago and I don't remember it being trolled this hard

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7367738525590064417

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

im 95% convinced the dna dog poo poo testing stuff is just pure grift and they just make up the results

it really feels like it’s one of those things you just tell your tenants in hopes it deters a couple people.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Beve Stuscemi posted:

*john hammond voice* dog poo poo DNA

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

haveblue posted:

it's lol and smh and all but preventing people from getting close enough to the camera to occupy its entire field of view is probably the correct solution here and will eliminate most of the trolling opportunities

they did one of these about a decade ago and I don't remember it being trolled this hard

if its turned off who cares what happens in front of the camera

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Jonny 290 posted:

comedy concept: a bunch of the pit bull breeders post up in an apartment complex and they can't ID the poops b/c they're all so inbred. everybody wins

Just go to the local dog park and bring back all the choicest turds you find there.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

what's the context here, i don't have an x dot com account so i can't see anything but the ring

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

just take a poo poo in the grass. one of the HOA dorks will have to clean it and it won’t match any dogs

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Beve Stuscemi posted:

just take a poo poo in the grass. one of the HOA dorks will have to clean it and it won’t match any dogs

:hmmyes:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

what's the context here, i don't have an x dot com account so i can't see anything but the ring
https://amp.theguardian.com/artanddesign/article/2024/may/14/dublin-video-portal-to-new-york-shuts-temporarily-due-to-unruly-behaviour

Authorities in Dublin are to temporarily shut down the live video portal with New York because of unruly behaviour.

The city council said in a statement on Tuesday it would switch off the interactive webcam at 10pm Irish time while technicians try to tweak – or censor – a project that has brought delight and notoriety.

“The team behind the Portal art sculpture … has been investigating possible technical solutions to inappropriate behaviour by a small minority of people,” the statement said.

“Dublin city council had hoped to have a solution in place today, but unfortunately the preferred solution, which would have involved blurring, was not satisfactory.”

The Portals.org team was investigating other options, said the council. “As a result the Portal will be switched off at 10pm tonight and the team at Portals.org have told us they expect it will be switched back on later this week.”

The art installation has become a global phenomenon and source of controversy since launching on 8 May. Some people on the Irish side have thrown eggs, flashed body parts and displayed images of swastikas and the twin towers burning on 9/11, prompting the New York Post to dub it the “portal to hell”.

Designed by a Lithuanian artist, Benediktas Gylys, each structure has a screen with a diameter of 2.4 metres (8ft) and weighing 3.5 tonnes. The New York portal is at the junction of Broadway, Fifth Avenue and 23rd Street. Its counterpart in Ireland’s capital is at the corner of North Earl Street and O’Connell Street in the heart of the city.

“It is important to note that the overwhelming majority of people interacting with the Dublin Portal have behaved appropriately,” said the council statement.

That is accurate – most people simply wave and smile at people on the New York side. Some also dance, mime and hold up jokey signs in the sort of fleeting, playful interactions envisaged by authorities when they launched the project as a “bridge to a united planet”.

However those who have mooned, hurled objects or shown provocative images have become viral sensations. The council did not elaborate on its efforts to blur imagery.

“Not even a week in and Dubliners have truly embarrassed us around the world,” Amy Donohoe lamented in an Irish Independent column. “Anyone who goes and stands in front of the portal is representing our little country, but if we’re showing off a drunken culture and being offensive, it could potentially affect tourism in Ireland in the long run. People may not want to come here if this is what they’re seeing.”

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
i'm having a hard time believing that Dubliners were really the only ones doin a transatlantic pressed ham here. I mean its fuckin New Yorkers on teh other end, who are you fooling here

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

https://amp.theguardian.com/artanddesign/article/2024/may/14/dublin-video-portal-to-new-york-shuts-temporarily-due-to-unruly-behaviour

Authorities in Dublin are to temporarily shut down the live video portal with New York because of unruly behaviour.

The city council said in a statement on Tuesday it would switch off the interactive webcam at 10pm Irish time while technicians try to tweak – or censor – a project that has brought delight and notoriety.

“The team behind the Portal art sculpture … has been investigating possible technical solutions to inappropriate behaviour by a small minority of people,” the statement said.

“Dublin city council had hoped to have a solution in place today, but unfortunately the preferred solution, which would have involved blurring, was not satisfactory.”

The Portals.org team was investigating other options, said the council. “As a result the Portal will be switched off at 10pm tonight and the team at Portals.org have told us they expect it will be switched back on later this week.”

The art installation has become a global phenomenon and source of controversy since launching on 8 May. Some people on the Irish side have thrown eggs, flashed body parts and displayed images of swastikas and the twin towers burning on 9/11, prompting the New York Post to dub it the “portal to hell”.

Designed by a Lithuanian artist, Benediktas Gylys, each structure has a screen with a diameter of 2.4 metres (8ft) and weighing 3.5 tonnes. The New York portal is at the junction of Broadway, Fifth Avenue and 23rd Street. Its counterpart in Ireland’s capital is at the corner of North Earl Street and O’Connell Street in the heart of the city.

“It is important to note that the overwhelming majority of people interacting with the Dublin Portal have behaved appropriately,” said the council statement.

That is accurate – most people simply wave and smile at people on the New York side. Some also dance, mime and hold up jokey signs in the sort of fleeting, playful interactions envisaged by authorities when they launched the project as a “bridge to a united planet”.

However those who have mooned, hurled objects or shown provocative images have become viral sensations. The council did not elaborate on its efforts to blur imagery.

“Not even a week in and Dubliners have truly embarrassed us around the world,” Amy Donohoe lamented in an Irish Independent column. “Anyone who goes and stands in front of the portal is representing our little country, but if we’re showing off a drunken culture and being offensive, it could potentially affect tourism in Ireland in the long run. People may not want to come here if this is what they’re seeing.”

lol.

unruly dubliners. my gosh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

“bridge to a united planet”, no ring

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Chris Knight posted:

loving the idea that sobriety will encourage tourism

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

lol.

unruly dubliners. my gosh

People will start to think that the Irish are a bunch of drunks!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

People will start to think that the Irish are a bunch of drunks!

that is a really unfair generalization. i mean, what about the people they interviewed for this article?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

there is a video of a woman on the ny side of the portal pulling her shirt up in front of the camera.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rotor posted:

i'm having a hard time believing that Dubliners were really the only ones doin a transatlantic pressed ham here. I mean its fuckin New Yorkers on teh other end, who are you fooling here
that close to times square it’ll be 99% tourists

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I had literally never heard of the portal thing until the posts here about people blasting tribute.wmv through it lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NinetySevenA posted:

there is a video of a woman on the ny side of the portal pulling her shirt up in front of the camera.
she is a person who makes her nut from people looking at her insta and onlyfans. psyop. psyop. none of you are free from sin

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

god. is nothing free of advertising?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins posted:

she is a person who makes her nut from people looking at her insta and onlyfans.

I'da thought she made other people's nut

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nice try young man, but it's mechanical turks all the way down

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

nice try young man, but it's mechanical turks all the way down

lmao

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

psyop. psyop. none of you are free from sin

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Clint Eastwood revolted shudder.gif

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Beve Stuscemi posted:

You could roll potting soil between your fingers and it looks like poo poo. It seems stupid now but in my 20s getting drunk with my roommates making fake dog turds to leave all over is some poo poo that could have happened.

What happens when you test 75 dog turds and they're all fake?

Biggest dog turd sin: My exgirlfriend brought home a puppy even though we couldn't have one. I drove it away from our apartment complex every morning and had it poo poo, one day it poo poo out a solid bolus of worms all wiggling this way and that all creepy slo-mo like living spaghetti on valium.

I normally bagged this stuff up and tossed it in the trash but I was so unnerved I went to my car and collected everything I thought might hurt this unholy spaghetti monster, which amounted to half a bottle of tree tree oil and some flammable liquid, I set it on fire and it reacted like the gross chronenberg monster that it is and I drove away without looking back.

When my ex realized she couldn't take it out in front of the neighbors and it was going to be a lot of work driving it around to poo poo until I found us a place that would let us have it, she sulked and pouted and whined that it was too hard and she didn't want it anymore.

But anyhow sorry random tractor supply employee who had to deal with my flaming assworms.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

It's not surprising that they are just straight up copying A.I. presentation techniques that Google have used.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Internet Old One posted:

You could roll potting soil between your fingers and it looks like poo poo. It seems stupid now but in my 20s getting drunk with my roommates making fake dog turds to leave all over is some poo poo that could have happened.

Biggest dog turd sin: My exgirlfriend brought home a puppy even though we couldn't have one. I drove it away from our apartment complex every morning and had it poo poo, one day it poo poo out a solid bolus of worms all wiggling this way and that all creepy slo-mo like living spaghetti on valium.

I normally bagged this stuff up and tossed it in the trash but I was so unnerved I went to my car and collected everything I thought might hurt this unholy spaghetti monster, which amounted to half a bottle of tree tree oil and some flammable liquid, I set it on fire and it reacted like the gross chronenberg monster that it is and I drove away without looking back.

When my ex realized she couldn't take it out in front of the neighbors and it was going to be a lot of work driving it around to poo poo until I found us a place that would let us have it, she sulked and pouted and whined that it was too hard and she didn't want it anymore.

But anyhow sorry random tractor supply employee who had to deal with my flaming assworms.

hey man what the gently caress

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Internet Old One posted:

:mods:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

im sorry anyone had to see that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Oh I have a similar but somewhat less disgusting story.

When my dad was sick he was not living in our childhood home, and after he died nobody went back there for several weeks. The first person to go back was my younger sister, by herself.

She arrived and went to the kitchen to start making dinner. Someone had left a bagel inside the microwave weeks prior. Wheat weevils had gotten in and laid it full of eggs, so when she opened it up, every interior surface was covered with a seething, wriggling mass of brown bugs and white maggots.

She slammed the door closed, entered 3 0 0 0 START, and left to get dinner at a restaurant instead. When she returned home, she unplugged the microwave and threw it away without opening the door.

Burn in hell you disgusting little fuckers