Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
complete namblarchy

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

LuxuryLarva posted:

complete namblarchy

a state of lol against lol

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I think that the anarchists are wrong about drugs being helpful tools for protests but if you just want to cause a riot you should probably just give free beer to chuds until they freak out and start fighting the police.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/SocAfrikan/status/1710739408712876516

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I have just created a temporary autonomous zone by closing the bathroom door

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Accidentally made a good point. Despite all those concessions Napoleon still sent a honky army down to Haiti to reenslave it.

Edit) And after Dessalines got and he dispossessed and executed the former ruling and middle classes, then Europe decided it was too much effort to re-enslave Haiti now and they would just sanction it instead. Sure that allowed them to depict Dessalines as an anti-white monster, but look at how well the Polish soldiers who defected from Napoleon's Army were treated, plus I'm pretty sure it was France's fault that the classes in Haiti was so racialized to begin with

Yadoppsi has issued a correction as of 04:31 on May 15, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Yadoppsi posted:

Accidentally made a good point.

No they didn't. Hamas has by all accounts treated hostages as well as they possibly could. This idiot just had a knee-jerk reaction to the Al Aqsa Flood and rushed to morally condemn the resistance to genocide.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No they didn't. Hamas has by all accounts treated hostages as well as they possibly could. This idiot just had a knee-jerk reaction to the Al Aqsa Flood and rushed to morally condemn the resistance to genocide.

Oh sure, the whole tweet's incoherent, I mostly just wanted to jump off and talk about Haiti because I recently reread CLR James' work and it was on my mind.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

what’s the point of citing Louverture on anything when someone can just say “and look how he ended up” to shut you down?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Weembles posted:

what’s the point of citing Louverture on anything when someone can just say “and look how he ended up” to shut you down?

promoting sectarianism is a sure fire way to divide and conquer

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
love to be a Swiss Muslim who integrates Julius Evola and Guenon into my theology, leftishly

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
there's a character in ong's hat who I was able to tell was clearly based on him when 1) he's a white boy anarchist hanging around a Moorish Science Temple weirdo and 2) he's sexually interested in a teenager

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Atrocious Joe posted:

So Wilson/Bey was a collaborator with the Shah's government in addition to writing from NAMBLA

https://ceasefiremagazine.co.uk/hakim-bey-introduction/

anarchist/pederast/white hotep is one hell of a multiclass

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
it's a survival strategy

if you're only one of them then you people just ignore you or put you in jail but if you're all of them they keep you free to study you as a rare beast

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Every time.
https://twitter.com/madtranny/status/1791476980212224459
https://twitter.com/madtranny/status/1791978348182200709

quote:

anthro grad student studying trauma, memory & epistemological politics of psych dx; transfeminine, tweet abt disability, psych, sts; cw 4 csa, abuse; she/her

Is anthropology just a way for white people to crowdsource new ideas for fish camping?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
bring back public stoning

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
woke lynching

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is public stoning retribution for the victim or is it an exploitative appropriation of the victim's rights by unaffected parties?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

are we simply going to wait until patriarchy is dismantled to deal with emmit till's abusive behavior towards women? No!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If anthropology really is a common field of study for proponents of the anarchist ideology, it just makes it even funnier that they bafflingly seem to want nothing to do with Ursula K Le Guin

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

are we simply going to wait until patriarchy is dismantled to deal with emmit till's abusive behavior towards women? No!

https://twitter.com/waifuterf/status/1791886811721027648

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Is anthropology just a way for white people to crowdsource new ideas for fish camping?

anthropology is a field to enable scientific racism for empires, so it dovetails well with anarchists always taking the State Dept line

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

a qt of the OP is accusing them of i think transphobia for "this person"ing and wth does that mean?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't mean to Kramer in, but is there a distinction between academic/theoretical anarchism and the culture associated with it? I respect Kropotkin but I just can't see him getting a face tattoo.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

more like kropoopkin imo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Honest Thief posted:

a qt of the OP is accusing them of i think transphobia for "this person"ing and wth does that mean?

"this person" is gender neutral while the OP has she/her pronouns, so it's disrespectful not to look at her bio and learn everything about her. Basically just assume all critiques are bad faith with the most specious reasoning you can come up with and you're good to go.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't mean to Kramer in, but is there a distinction between academic/theoretical anarchism and the culture associated with it? I respect Kropotkin but I just can't see him getting a face tattoo.

I mean, there's not some theoretically sound version that can only exist in academic contexts analyzing perfectly spherical fish camps if that's what you mean, it's all nonsense, but there's definitely groups that want to study horizontalism or whatever as an intellectual pursuit and groups that embrace it because they want to prey on vulnerable people and correctly identify that anarchism lets them do that consequence-free. Mostly it's just people mad about bed times and homework tho.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol this person is so idpol brained they assume black women werent lynched as well, for some loving reason????

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Halloween Jack posted:

my experience has been that the people we post about here in the thread don't really read anarchism as a theory

like, not to blow my own horn or anything, but I've read Malatesta and Rocker and their vision of anarchism (whether or not you think even that is a goal worthy of pursuit) doesn't jive with poo poo like "no more bedtimes" or whatever

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

gradenko_2000 posted:

my experience has been that the people we post about here in the thread don't really read anarchism as a theory
i think most people in this thread have read the magna carta before

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

designing a society led by its most traumatized members, where more trauma gives you more power. it's truly some cenobite poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

like, not to blow my own horn or anything, but I've read Malatesta and Rocker and their vision of anarchism (whether or not you think even that is a goal worthy of pursuit) doesn't jive with poo poo like "no more bedtimes" or whatever

that's because anarchism is something you can arrive at based on Liberal first principles, which is why it appeals so readily to white Americans. Any serious anarchist trying to deterrmine how to organize a stateless polity would immediately be smeared as a "tankie" by the people getting reposted ITT.

The intellectual rigor featured in this thread pretty much boils down to whatever sounds good to them at the time.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 16:58 on May 20, 2024

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

designing a society led by its most traumatized members, where more trauma gives you more power. it's truly some cenobite poo poo

It would be kind of fun to see where it went tho, for a little while at least

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

discovering a feral child: this kid has got a future in politics

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
When someone's online handle is something like @angry[slur for group I belong to] I know better than to engage with them, for the same reason I know better than to pet a dog that keeps running in circles while frothing at the mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Halloween Jack posted:

When someone's online handle is something like @angry[slur for group I belong to] I know better than to engage with them, for the same reason I know better than to pet a dog that keeps running in circles while frothing at the mouth.

Playtime is over