Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
welp i'm never eating anything ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i feel unsettled, so i will post something involving food and technology in the hopes we can get back on track and also help beef with his eating problem
https://twitter.com/seevua/status/1790698483961520263

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

dioxazine posted:

i feel unsettled, so i will post something involving food and technology in the hopes we can get back on track and also help beef with his eating problem

beefy: 250 words about how i’d flash the lid firmware to stay open or reduce the timeout to 2 seconds

greg the peanut
Dec 24, 2000

How do we feel about Possessor (2020)?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

dioxazine posted:

i would chew the lid off that thing like an animal

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Armitag3 posted:

beefy: 250 words about how i’d flash the lid firmware to stay open or reduce the timeout to 2 seconds

nah gently caress that thing. i just hook the bag to my mouth like they do with farm animals

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
running a microwave for 30 minutes unattended seems like a bad idea no matter what's inside it

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
also toasted maggot sounds like a wonderful aroma

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

running a microwave for 30 minutes unattended seems like a bad idea no matter what's inside it
name a better whitenoise machine to fall asleep to in a hotel room

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Kenny Logins posted:

name a better whitenoise machine to fall asleep to in a hotel room

14U of dell poweredge

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Please scroll through this 2010 Presentation from SOFTBANK for their next 30 Years Vision

https://group.softbank/system/files/pdf/philosophy/vision/next30/next30-presentation_en.pdf

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Please scroll through this 2010 Presentation from SOFTBANK for their next 30 Years Vision

https://group.softbank/system/files/pdf/philosophy/vision/next30/next30-presentation_en.pdf

i want whatever drugs the softbank guys are doing

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I'm the 10^60 cpus that turn men into women

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

no wait I'm the three slices of the pie chart they didn't bother labeling

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I like the pie charts and hierarchical pyramid graphics that are more decoration than trying to convey any particular point.

Telepathy is apparently something of a Softbank stretch goal for the next 30 years.

People will be 200 years old.

Sorrow currently has a multitude of causes, death being the greatest. But among the elderly loneliness is a major cause. Once people live 200 years most of us will be elderly and then loneliness will move from being the #2 cause of sorrow to the cause of all sorrow but then we can eliminate that with telepathy.

Happy = Touched.

We have overcome many obsticles in the information revolution including DOS Resource Guide Magazine and Yahoo!.JP

You gotta see the pdf for yourself. It's like something you get from a very mentally ill wordpress in 2008.

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 17, 2024

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

their 100-year prediction is pretty nutso obviously but their 30-year one actually panned out, just ~16 years earlier than they thought

like, obviously that doesn't mean (m)any people are actually or are even interested in doing that, but at least it's something that exists lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

infernal machines posted:

ultimately it's this, though

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

their 100-year prediction is pretty nutso obviously but their 30-year one actually panned out, just ~16 years earlier than they thought

like, obviously that doesn't mean (m)any people are actually or are even interested in doing that, but at least it's something that exists lol

VRs been around for decades

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

ADINSX posted:

yeah, but not in a relatively affordable kinda-standalone headset (or, more recently, an extremely expensive completely standalone headset)

i'd also say the graphical fidelity available today makes "vr sightseeing" almost something that's possible. i mean, obviously you don't get ~the feels~, scents, etc. but it's good enough to trick your brain into thinking you're actually seeing whatever it's supposed to be. i guess if you take the term "sightseeing" literally, that makes it technically true

like, i experienced "vr" in the late 90s in the form of a gigantic helmet that had to be lowered from the ceiling in order to play duke nukem 3d in, well, stereoscopic 3d (yes, even though the build engine is 2.5d; i also played doom 2 that way). but that's not the same imo

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

ADINSX posted:

Yeah but I think VR site-seeing didn't really happen much until late 2010s and it's still not for a lot of people because of discomfort and motion sickness. I'm uh not saying that the slides make sense or anything though.

Their transistor density predictions are just ugh.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it turns out if you're a dumb rich guy you can just make poo poo up and other dumb rich people will believe it

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

qirex posted:

it turns out if you're a dumb rich guy you can just make poo poo up and other dumb rich people will believe it

Softbank Vision Fund invested in FTX and WeWork(twice).
WeWork returned 120mil on a total 6.5bil investment. Lol.

Also they lost 300mil on something called "DingDong"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Internet Old One posted:

and yet masayoshi son is still in charge and both vision funds still exist [despite losing 23 bil in a single quarter in 2022]

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Internet Old One posted:

lol

money is fake

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Internet Old One posted:

infernal machines posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

graph posted:

money is fake
I have seen what 50 billion dollars looks like to the people managing it. it's 3 dozen gumdrop shapes with hundreds of lines connecting the nodes to each other

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
nootropics usually

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Internet Old One posted:

DingDong: Ditched

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

haveblue posted:

nootropics usually

yeah, if adrenochrome is a nootropic, i guess

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
i'm gathering information just by thinking right now :madmax:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
[*LATEST FAD]

except there's no initial asterisk lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

No ... NO!

Saudi cuts back NEOM desert city plans by 98.6 percent
https://thecradle.co/articles-id/24316

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
you can't cut back on NEOM! you will regret this!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
username/post perfection

good lookin car tho.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

qirex posted:

I have seen what 50 billion dollars looks like to the people managing it. it's 3 dozen gumdrop shapes with hundreds of lines connecting the nodes to each other

Is that because of the drugs they took to make the slide deck? Those are the ones we want

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

this is good energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

why does this seem like it's an atari jaguar FMV game