Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So it turns out I liked it better when Valve wasnt making video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

That’s a lot of misspelt attempts at saying Half-Life 3.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

also lol at valve going insanely hard on VR, putting at least 3 full scale VR games into development, then cancelling all but one of them to make overwatch instead

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Half-Life? more like NO-Life.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Icefrog left Dota to make Monday Night Combat. Also how the gently caress does that guy not make that comparison.

Jack Trades posted:

I do hope that it's real because ever since Blizzard destroyed Overwatch, there haven't been any other game to take it's spot for me yet.

Gundam Evolution was better than either Overwatch but was mismanaged terribly.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Would be nice if you could filter out reviews that are based solely on DRM/publisher accounts

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Icefrog left Dota to make Monday Night Combat. Also how the gently caress does that guy not make that comparison.

Because no one remembers MNC :v:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Lorelei and the Laser Eyes seem interesting, but sadly the screen transtition effects give me a slight headache. Might just postpone playing until there's a patch.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
After beating Homeworld 3, which I enjoyed, I decided to pick up Deserts of Kharak since I'd never played it through.

It's a good rear end game so far. I kinda even like it better than 3, even though it doesn't have the positive aspect of taking place in space.

Homeworld 3's space aesthetic also caused me to go back and start replaying Chorus. Man I love that game, it's kind of a tragedy how poorly it was marketed because it's super fun and I adore spaceship piloting games. I feel like almost no one played it even though it's excellent.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orv posted:

It's called Bloodline Champions and nobody played it.

[Breathing very hard] Listen,

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Watching some streams of Men of War II tonight, another entry in a decent series of RTS games. It's been getting middling reviews, but the thing that stands out to me is that the voice-work is SO BAD that I'm thinking it's AI voice.

That, or they asked the voiceover actors to records their lines one word at a time, and then stitched them together later in post.

They've been using the same bad voice lines through the whole series. As did several licensed spin-offs on that RTS engine. If MOW2 still uses those lines, they are 20 years old.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Wrong thread sorry!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

GhostDog posted:

They've been using the same bad voice lines through the whole series. As did several licensed spin-offs on that RTS engine. If MOW2 still uses those lines, they are 20 years old.

Germans! Quick! Hide!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

For all the cool people out there.

Wildermyth's Omenroad DLC is out now.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2935580/Wildermyth__Omenroad/

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Played V Rising for about 20 solid hours before realising I liked the castle designing/building more than the survival bits, and the former would probably be more fun with a birds-eye view instead of needing to actually walk around it! So I guess what I should play instead is a building/management sim where you're the evil guy building an evil lair. Anything recent like that out there? I heard Evil Genius 2 came out but was mid and that Dungeon Keeper went mobile pay-2-win.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pierson posted:

Played V Rising for about 20 solid hours before realising I liked the castle designing/building more than the survival bits, and the former would probably be more fun with a birds-eye view instead of needing to actually walk around it! So I guess what I should play instead is a building/management sim where you're the evil guy building an evil lair. Anything recent like that out there? I heard Evil Genius 2 came out but was mid and that Dungeon Keeper went mobile pay-2-win.

The Riftbreaker, sort of

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jack Trades posted:

For all the cool people out there.

Wildermyth's Omenroad DLC is out now.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2935580/Wildermyth__Omenroad/

Yessssss fascinating stuff

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

repiv posted:

yes, they stopped supporting it in 2020

autochess games didn't set the world on fire but the one that stuck the best was teamfight tactics, the LoL spinoff, which is still fairly popular

Last I heard, it's really big in China and basically prints money for Riot over there.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Two for two refunds today - Another Crab's Treasure seems punishingly hard (yes I know there are assist options) and also the scripting seems unstable since the first boss doesn't always spawn as it should which does not bode well for the rest of the game.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 16, 2024

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Because no one remembers MNC :v:

I do. It was to this day the most toxic community I have ever experienced

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Monday Night Combat was a fun as hell game and I miss it. Not the weird dotalike SMNC, but the original MNC

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

iirc underlords was actually doing ok and then valve did a big update that everyone hated and it killed the game real fast.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Blunderlords

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Nothing makes me love a game less than crossovers from non game media like wonka in half life

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Upsidads posted:

Nothing makes me love a game less than crossovers from non game media like wonka in half life

What about 25$ advertisements?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Only if it has commercials like the Mario Kart 8 Mercedes DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnREMqwAVu4&t=18s

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Jack Trades posted:

gently caress blizzard

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Endless Legend is free on Steam right now.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Wasn't MNC one of the first games to use players' computers for crypto mining? I remember having fun with it until hearing that.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

I shouldn't even be surprised gdi :suicide:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Awesome! posted:

iirc underlords was actually doing ok and then valve did a big update that everyone hated and it killed the game real fast.

yeah it was adding the underlords

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Monday Night Combat was a fun as hell game and I miss it. Not the weird dotalike SMNC, but the original MNC

MNC was a lot of fun and I was so annoyed when they ditched it for the lovely Super version.

Honestly reminds me a lot of Overwatch.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

today's news:

- Core Keeper will be launching into 1.0 and on console on August 27th, 2024
- Starstruck: The Hands of Time is feature complete and will likely have a release date announcement next month (just a guess)
- House Flipper 2 released an AMD FSR 3 update
- Love Ghostie new demo available on May 20th
- Mouthwashing has a publisher now: Critical Reflex. Should be out this year; new screenshots up on the steam page.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ymgve posted:

Two for two refunds today - Another Crab's Treasure seems punishingly hard (yes I know there are assist options) and also the scripting seems unstable since the first boss doesn't always spawn as it should which does not bode well for the rest of the game.

Obviously it's too late for you but for future reference for anyone else the game gets CONSIDERABLY easier after the first boss since you're literally playing without the main mechanic of the game before then, the shells. Which is kind of a weird choice but hey. I also never had any problems with the first boss spawning but I also only had to get it to spawn like twice so maybe it's a real known bug, I wouldn't know.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Pierson posted:

War for the Overworld is a decent DK2 spinoff. I felt it was brief, but perhaps because I'm insatiable like that. The other DK2 homage game is the Dungeons series, which I'd strongly suggest avoiding. The 'Dungeon Keeper' 2014 title is as you noted, mobile trash that all but killed the IP and spawned the aforementioned titles.

Also:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Endless Legend is free on Steam right now.
Holy poo poo, anyone who ever liked 4X games or Civ or whatever needs to nab it, that's nuts.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Serephina posted:

The other DK2 homage game is the Dungeons series, which I'd strongly suggest avoiding.

Boy does it ever think it's funny and it is not funny.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
It's exhausting in how unfunny it is.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Screenshots

https://x.com/gabefollower/status/1791311128422748285

Bros Overwatch 2 is looking like hot garbage what happened to the guys who made team fortress 2. Is making good games lostech now?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Screenshots

https://x.com/gabefollower/status/1791311128422748285

Bros Overwatch 2 is looking like hot garbage what happened to the guys who made team fortress 2. Is making good games lostech now?

Non-hardware innovation is punished at Valve. Flat structure strikes again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Those look like a slightly modified sniper from TF2, sniper from Dota, phantom assassin and random buildings from Alyx. The heroes all top all look like lightly edited Dota ones too.

If I were a crazy conspiracy theory kind of guy, I'd say this is a fake leak in order to catch rats before an actual big project. :tinfoil: