Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for ruining my boyfriend’s brother’s wedding, by showing up?

:10bux:, says if you called the bride a homophobe she would be offended at the suggestion and claim it was fine because "It's her day and no one is allowed to criticize her for wanting her day to be perfect!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

DemoneeHo posted:

All of the bridesmaids are in relationships with the groomsmen probably means that she dictated his groomsmen and he demanded that his little brother be his best man, then she tried to pair him up with her little sister because that's how it works, right?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Deformed Church posted:

I'm gonna go ESH (or maybe even NAH) on that. I can see why he'd be a bit upset, even if you have a full birthday party another day, you might well expect to be able to sit down and open cards/presents, maybe have a nice meal and a chill day doing what you want, but there's going to be exactly zero space for you on a wedding day. And they way he frames it, it doesn't sound like there's a significance to the day beyond that it's in school holiday, so, like, why not go for the following weekend? I don't think I'd deliberately schedule my wedding on an immediate relative's milestone birthday, it just feels weird to me.

And he's not even demanding they move it or making a big stink about how unfair it is, he's just decided not to go and let them get on with it. I agree with you guys that the wedding is the more important event, and I think he may well regret skipping it, but it doesn't seem like he's making it anyone else's problem. The conflict is just that his sister doesn't like the choice he made, and that feels like a her problem.

As far as I can tell there was no particular reason the wedding had to be on that day rather than moving it to say a week later when he pointed out it was his birthday. Sister's the rear end in a top hat for assuming little brother would just bend over and attend and pressuring him when he didn't fall into line.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
It says that they set that date for timing for flights and poo poo, but that doesn't really mean she can't move it by one day. He even gave her plenty of time to adjust things a tiny bit to make it work.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
This one's nice and simple, yet satisfying.

AITA for refusing to give my father the house my grandmother left me?

quote:

Some important context:

My father left me when I was 10, I came home from school one day and he was gone and I was alone. My grandmother eventually took me in but that moment gave me issues that I'm still working through.

My grandmother passed away and was buried a couple of weeks ago. I saw my father for the first time in 14 years at his mother's funeral. After the will was read, we learnt that my grandmother had left me her property. My father was furious, apparently he feels he has more rights to her property than I do because she was his mother.

He's been harassing me to hand over the property to him and promising that when he dies I can have it. I don't want to give him the property because if my grandmother wanted him to have it she would've put it in her will.

My father has been going around telling the family that I stole his mother's property right from under him and I'm trying to punish him for leaving me. My family have been reaching out to tell me that even if he abandoned me that I shouldn't forget the importance of filial piety and how being good to my father even if he isn't good to me is what makes a good daughter.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but the comments and the suggestions are beginning to wear me down. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Get hosed, non-dad. Also, if we're going by the narrative non-dad is giving the family, he apparently got out-schemed by a 10-year-old.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Elblanco posted:

It says that they set that date for timing for flights and poo poo, but that doesn't really mean she can't move it by one day. He even gave her plenty of time to adjust things a tiny bit to make it work.

In fairness, booking a wedding venue is rarely, if ever, that easy. Dates can be booked years in advance at high profile venues so it's possible this date wasn't as negotiable as people think

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for telling my girlfriend not to call my dad “doctor”?

quote:

My girlfriend recently got her doctorate. I’m obviously very happy for her and proud of her.

Since then, she has been greeting my father as “Doctor” [lastname]. Although he does have a doctorate degree, no one has ever called him that, and he told me it makes him uncomfortable.

I asked her to not call him that. She says that she wants to be polite and call him by his title. She now wants to be called doctor when might parents greet her as well.

I understand it’s a massive accomplishment but I don’t think she should expect my parents to call her doctor? And she should not call my dad doctor if he asks her not to.

She thinks I’m trying to downplay what she did but I’m not.

AITA?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

What about this one?

WIBTA if I skipped my sister's wedding?

quote:

Throwaway account + fake names.

I (23m) am one of seven kids. There's Lydia (31f), Josh (28m), Leo (25m), me, then Erin (21f), Nadia (18f), and the surprise child Lexie (4f). With that many siblings, it's easy to get lost in the crowd. Some of us have our 'positions,' so to speak. Lydia's the oldest, Lexie's the baby, I have a kid (yes, that's my descriptor. OP: gave us a grandchild). Erin is the golden child. She was the last planned child, the one supposed to tie up our family. She was born premature so I understand that my parents coddled her to an extent, but it's more than that now.

Erin's getting married and recently told us that she's brought the date forward due to a cancellation. No big deal, it just means they're getting married sooner. But the new date lands on the date of Nadia's HS graduation. Erin was sympathetic, but said she's already committed to the date, they've printed the invitations. My parents normally go overboard on our HS grads, but they said that they'd just have to miss Nadia's. We were all sympathetic, but it wasn't intentional.

Or so I thought. But Nadia later told me and Leo that she was there when Erin got the call about the cancellation and told Erin that she was graduating that day, but Erin just laughed and accepted the date anyway. This, as much as I hate to admit it, sounds like a very Erin thing to do. She booked her engagement part for the night of Nadia's 18th birthday (luckily, she wasn't celebrating until the weekend). She announced her engagement at my oldest sister's wedding anniversary. Everything is about her.

I confronted Erin about this, and she said that Nadia's HS graduation didn't matter. She wanted to get married to the love of her life sooner—and our family had been to plenty of HS graduations at this point, anyway. She said something like, "we still have Lexie." But here's what gets me the most: Nadia's been looking forward to this for so long. She's watched all of us graduate and have these huge celebrations thrown by our parents. I asked Nadia what she wanted, and she said she wanted to have her day.

So, I told my family that me and Nadia won't be attending the wedding. Leo has also dropped out. Everyone's angry. Erin's furious, and I didn't make it better by telling her that I could watch our other siblings get married, since it's all the same in her eyes. Mom's trying to convince me to come to the wedding because 'graduation isn't as important' but I feel like if I don't do this then it sets a precedent in Nadia's life that she's always going to mean less than Erin. I've had messages calling me an rear end in a top hat, an idiot, etc. They're telling me to step up and be a good brother, but that's what I'm doing. My son is supposed to be ring bearer but with how my family is reacting, I'm considering pulling him out of the wedding, too. My dad's told Nadia he'll take her to dinner after the wedding. Nadia's currently staying with me because mom won't stop cornering her.

Update - 11 days later

quote:

It's two days after D-Day and I finally come bearing an update! I've had to condense it quite a bit because a lot has happened. Before I start, Nadia wanted me to thank everyone who congratulated her on her graduation. She was overwhelmed by the support you all gave her, especially after she faced such opposition from our family.

So, let's start. Last Friday, Leo and I went to speak to our parents and Erin. I wanted to tell them that I'd be pulling my son from the wedding. Our older siblings ended up turning up as well, so it was us four standing up for Nadia. Leo had spoken to them the night before, and helped them see things more clearly from Nadia's eyes. Apparently, it didn't sink in with them that Erin chose the date intentionally.

There was a lot of yelling. Erin accused me of trying to sabotage her wedding, our parents tried to convince me to let them take my son to the wedding, but I stood my ground. I felt a lot stronger with my older siblings with me. There's only two years between me and Erin after all, I'm not much of an older brother.

Luckily, Lydia was there. Her words carry more weight as the eldest and she didn't give Erin or my parents room to argue as she told them that Erin chose the date intentionally, admitted as much in front of me and Leo, and that this was normal behaviour for her. Lydia told them that if they continued to favor Erin so blatantly, the rest of us would go no-contact—and Lexie would likely follow in the future.

Our dad started yelling. Not at us, but at Erin, surprisingly. I've never seen him so angry before, and to see it directed at Erin was... shocking. Our mom asked us to leave. We didn't hear from anyone on that side until Monday when Erin's fiancé George asked to meet us at our parents'. He apologised to Nadia. He didn't know that the wedding and graduation overlapped, nor did he know that it was something Erin did on purpose. Our dad was the one to tell him.

What followed was a long talk between us, during which we all aired our grievances. I told our parents that we all felt that they valued Erin more. That none of us mattered to them compared to her. Her artwork always went up on the fridge, ours always went in the drawer. I told them that, as a parent, I could never imagine treating my child like that.

Erin tried to argue. She tried to tell us that we were trying to turn her into a bad guy, trying to turn our parents against her, trying to sabotage her wedding. Our mom told her to be quiet, that it was our time to talk. George stepped in to tell us that he didn't expect us to attend the wedding, but we were welcome to attend the reception. He went so far as to say that he wished he could have cancelled the wedding altogether, but it'd only cost him more money that he'd spent by bringing it forward.

Mom's willingness to hear us out lasted less than 24 hours. By Tuesday, she was begging us to reconsider. Apparently our feelings meant nothing in the face of Erin's dire stress and the fact that people would be questioning our absence on the big day. I haven't spoken to my mom since, but I did ask my dad to bring my some of Nadia's things because she is going to be staying with me full-time.

We have officially gone no-contact with our mother.

Dad took Nadia out for an early-graduation celebration on Wednesday. They had a daddy-daughter date that I think she really needed. He apologised for a lot of things and told her he wanted to do the same with the rest of us. But Wednesday was about her. I'm happy she got that one-on-one time with him. She was happy coming home to me. In our sibling group chat, she said that she really thinks dad is going to try to mend bridges with us, even if mom won't.

Dad also turned up early yesterday morning (I'm talking... 6.30 a.m.) to give Nadia flowers. He told her that he was proud of her. George even called while he was getting ready for his big day to congratulate Nadia, which I really appreciated.

We didn't hear from mom or Erin. Our paternal grandma ended up coming to the graduation with us.

It was a great day. Like, a really great day. We didn't think about the wedding, didn't think about Erin. We just had fun together. My son got to wear his aunt's cap and gown and nearly drowned in the fabric. Our grandma tried on the cap, too. We took photos and sent them to our dad, who posted them in a Facebook post he wrote to congratulate both Erin on her wedding and Nadia on her graduation and we laughed about how it must have pissed off our newly wedded sister. We went out for dinner and we, as siblings, gifted Nadia money for a week away with her best friend, which somebody suggested in a comment on the initial post.

I texted George my congratulations. Despite everything, I do hope he and Erin are happy together. While she might not love us, I don't doubt that Erin loves him. Yes, she wants her spotlight and her moment, but I don't think she's marrying him just for that. Bringing the wedding forward? Sure, that's a hugely malicious tactic to bring herself more attention. Marrying him for the sake of having a wedding? She isn't that type of narcissist.

As of right now, I plan on staying no-contact with my mom unless she makes some big changes. This is a sentiment shared not only by the majority of my siblings, but is also encouraged by our dad and grandma. She's tried reaching out to me and my partner, mostly berating us for not attending the wedding and accusing us of planning to keep her grandchild away from her.

At the moment, our summer looks busy! We're planning on filling it with as many family outings as possible before Nadia leaves for college. We've also got Josh's 29th birthday to plan! Our dad's even joining in! This might cause a bigger rift between him and mom, but for now, at least, it looks like we're his priority. Lydia's threat really did something to him.

Thanks everyone who left comments on the original post! I know they really cheered Nadia up when she was worrying about whether or not she was doing the right thing by choosing herself. Part of me wishes we could've taken this stand earlier, but it took us a while to find our voices. Looking into the future, I do see two empty spaces at my own wedding, but I also see five siblings cheering my on. I'm happy with that.

There's a lot more updates but meh it's already a wall of text.

S40CheckingAccount
Jan 14, 2024
Here's some of that trying to please the demanding person so they'll shut up and go after the designated target.

quote:

AITA for not helping my sister pay for her wedding?

Me (F30) and my sister Lisa (F26) grew up in a modest family. Our parents had very small sum to contribute to college tuition and no money saved up for our weddings . They are still working cause they can't afford to retire.

I went to college on scholarship and hold a pretty good job. I had my wedding last year, it was intimate but very nice (a bit expensive) that me and my husband paid for.

My sister is engaged and wants a nice wedding like mine. Except she never went to college, holds job as assistant in a shop at mall and her fiance is in construction. They can't afford a wedding like mine.

She asked my parents for help but they can't. They are still paying off mortgage on their home. She asked me and I gave 3k as wedding gift yesterday which she may use for the wedding. She called asking when I was gonna send balance amount and when I said this was it, was mad at me telling how it wasn't enough for her dream dress even. How she needed way more to have a nice wedding like mine.

I told her this was the gift I was willing to give her. She said it wasn't fair since I had money. I do, but everything I have is earmarked for my needs. I told her as much. She called me a cheap b**ch and hung up.

My parents called me disappointed I wasn't helping my sister out more since this was all she had in her life. I told them wedding wasn't a necessity and she should hold one that she can afford, not rely on me.

They are mad at me now as well, and apparently thinking of taking another loan on the house to finance her wedding.

AITA?

Someone asks where the college fund is since she has a scholarship

quote:

I still got the money my parents saved for me, which I used for my living expenses since that isn't covered in scholarship. Her college fund was given to her when she turned 21 and had been working for 3 years. What she did with it I do not know. Granted, it was just 7.5k each.

Also, all she has in her life?

S40CheckingAccount fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 18, 2024

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ApplesandOranges posted:

I was writing to something about advanced degrees breaking parts of peoples' minds in weird ways, but I came up with the phrase "Dr. FIL" in the middle of it and I don't think I have the heart to move on

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I went to LA on vacation last year and everybody was crazy hot. Wait staff, desk clerk at car rental place, museum docent. It honestly was like I was in a tv show.

I went to LA on vacation about seven years ago and it was all grungy and overbuilt. What changed?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Kazinsal posted:

the significance of this one is that presbylutheran Americans who haven't been allowed to sniff so much as a microgram of alcohol put an enormous amount of weight on their 21st birthday as a result. if dude exists he's trying to eschew religious dogma so hard he's willing to sacrifice the next 60 years of family relationship with his sister for it just so he can get plastered on his 21st birthday.

verdict: the rack
By going to the wedding he gets the rite of passage of trying to figure out how much of his already-developed taste in alcohol he wants to reveal to his family on his 21st birthday.

And then get plastered with his friends the next night.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

This girl found the one person with a PhD that doesn’t demand everyone address them as “Doctor so-and-so” and she’s blowing it :negative:

S40CheckingAccount posted:

quote:

apparently thinking of taking another loan on the house to finance her wedding

…”another” loan? :whitewater:

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Slo-Tek posted:

Feel like the various bent out of shape about birthday people are doing it wrong. I've had a bunch of birthdays, and extensive testing indicates it doesn't really matter if I celebrate (and am celebrated) on the day of, or maybe we push it out till the weekend.

When did birthdays become such a thing? We've had people wanting days, weeks, and a month to celebrate their birthdays like they're the second coming. I tend to try and ignore my B-day other than maybe splurging on dinner.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quantumwell posted:

When did birthdays become such a thing? We've had people wanting days, weeks, and a month to celebrate their birthdays like they're the second coming. I tend to try and ignore my B-day other than maybe splurging on dinner.

Some people give a poo poo about them. Some people had nobody give a poo poo about them at a child and so have lingering hurt over it.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

quantumwell posted:

I guess it depends on the person, but I definitely stopped giving too much of a poo poo about my birthday sometime in my teens. I'm happy if some folks want to wish me a good birthday and maybe if a couple want to go get a drink or something around that time, but it's not a big deal for me. I care more for my friends' and family members' birthdays, since I care for them. I suppose the idea of basically having your own personal holiday every year is nice, but I don't see much value in making a big fuss about it (and I think stuff like taking your birthday off from work is weird). If your friends/family want to make a big deal of it, the hell yeah, have a good time. As such, I think the dude that wanted to skip his sister's wedding is a dweeb. Even if it is a "milestone" birthday (I agree with the poster upthread that said just get drunk at the wedding).

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Detective Thompson posted:

(and I think stuff like taking your birthday off from work is weird)
I'll do this if I get the inkling that work is going to try to get a cake and have a "party" or something like that. No thank you.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I actually used to have pretty big birthday parties pre-COVID - 25-30 people gathered for dinner at whatever restaurant looked interesting to me, and the parties were less about me and more about my friends catching up with other friends, many of whom basically only ever saw each other at my birthday party every year

But then my party in ‘22 (after taking two years off) was a complete flop, so I stopped hosting them :( a combo of COVID and pretty much all of my friends aging out of big birthday parties like that killed it off. Now I only bother to do anything if my friends insist on it.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The Maroon Hawk posted:

This girl found the one person with a PhD that doesn’t demand everyone address them as “Doctor so-and-so” and she’s blowing it :negative:

I never met anyone with a PhD who insists on people to use their title. :confused:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

(and I think stuff like taking your birthday off from work is weird). .

wrong, it's almost always just fine from a moral standpoint to take a day off from your job and you do not have to justify it or make sure your boss thinks you have a good enough reason

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

InediblePenguin posted:

wrong, it's almost always just fine from a moral standpoint to take a day off from your job and you do not have to justify it or make sure your boss thinks you have a good enough reason*

* Some terms and conditions may apply.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Every one of my friends who went to grad school and got a PhD and every professor I worked for in academia preferred to be on a first name basis, I've never actually personally known a PhDoctor who insisted on the title

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DemoneeHo posted:

:siren: HOT UPDATE :siren:

quote:

UPDATE:

Since some asked for some questions here goes. Well the marriage is over, turns out Bridget had been cheating on Dave with one of the groomsmen, who just happened to be the MOH’s fiancé.

So Dave left Bridget, Bridget moved in with groomsmen, and MOH has moved in with her mom. Dave has offered her any help he can.

I will give more updates if any thing new happens.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
r/relationships: Am I the Wedding for Wedding the Wedding and Wedding Wedding Wedding?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was writing to something about advanced degrees breaking parts of peoples' minds in weird ways, but I came up with the phrase "Dr. FIL" in the middle of it and I don't think I have the heart to move on

My dad was a physicist and the running gag at his workplace was that it takes anywhere from six months to two years for new hires to realize everyone there has a PhD and get over themselves enough to be useful. I should note that there was a very big "yeah I was that brat too" energy to how the story was told, not "kids these days".

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I guess it depends on the person, but I definitely stopped giving too much of a poo poo about my birthday sometime in my teens. I'm happy if some folks want to wish me a good birthday and maybe if a couple want to go get a drink or something around that time, but it's not a big deal for me. I care more for my friends' and family members' birthdays, since I care for them. I suppose the idea of basically having your own personal holiday every year is nice, but I don't see much value in making a big fuss about it (and I think stuff like taking your birthday off from work is weird). If your friends/family want to make a big deal of it, the hell yeah, have a good time. As such, I think the dude that wanted to skip his sister's wedding is a dweeb. Even if it is a "milestone" birthday (I agree with the poster upthread that said just get drunk at the wedding).
What's wrong with taking your birthday off work? I usually do it since my PTO builds up, and I take about 3-4 weeks off work a year so this year I took the entire week off since it fell around the time frame I needed a vacation anyway. I've been fine working on my birthday, too.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

FMguru posted:

A company fucks itself, and then decides to follow that up by loving itself even harder. From r/AskHR:

[NC] Mid-Senior Level Employee Building Professional Appearance Outside of Work - Does Not Want Company Branding

Employee literally has a sheet of paper from the company saying she was forbidden from representing and promoting the company because she wasn't a C-level, and now they're lining up to fire her for...not promoting and representing the company. I think I just heard the sound of every labor lawyer in North Carolina suddenly salivating as their heart rate doubled.

And if this employee is as much of a rock star as it seems, she'll have a new job with a competitor before the severance payment hits her checking account.

can be fired for any non protected reason in nc. all they have to do is say shes fired for insubordination and noone can do anything

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Most people have a primary loan on their house called a mortgage. Some people with equity in the house may take out a secondary loan to make the equity liquid, for home repairs or other things. Using a HELOC to finance a wedding would certainly be a choice.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Silly Newbie posted:

Most people have a primary loan on their house called a mortgage. Some people with equity in the house may take out a secondary loan to make the equity liquid, for home repairs or other things. Using a HELOC to finance a wedding would certainly be a choice.

I know what a mortgage is lmao I read it as them taking out a second (or more) concurrent HELOC to pay for the wedding

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

(and I think stuff like taking your birthday off from work is weird).

This is insane to me, even if you like your job it's a defensible reason to take a day off. I have literally never worked a birthday in my life. It started as not going to class in college on my birthday and just kept on from there. Not that I ever do a lot but it's a day for me and everyone deserves a day for themselves.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
My (24F) boyfriend (32M) told me he was a doctor. I walked in on him behind the counter at Taco Bell.

quote:

I met him on an app three months ago. He said he was a doctor, and that he did his undergrad in biology at an Ivy League school. Everything was going great. The sex was fantastic, and he was very romantic, although he didn't like to spend a lot of money on me.

Last night, I just happened to walk into a Taco Bell and saw him working there behind the counter. We looked at each other, and I went up and ordered without addressing him. Then I went home to process what I had seen. I tried calling him today, but he wouldn't answer.

How could he lie to me like this? Do men do this often? I'm in absolute shock. Should I just forgive him for lying and move on with the relationship? Or should I dump him. I'm not sure if I would've given him a chance if I knew he worked at Taco Bell from the start, but I'm in love with him at this point. What do I do once I manage to talk to him again?

TL;DR! - He lied about his job and I don't know if I want to continue the relationship.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I don't think I've worked on my birthday day in over a decade. I don't like working and it's my birthday, so why would I work if I have literally any other option .

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe he has a twin brother, did you ever think of that!?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Comedy option: Doctor not paid enough, working on an insane shift rotation, side job at Taco Bell.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Maybe his specialty was taco related, he might be on the front lines of taco research

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Indecisive posted:

Maybe his specialty was taco related, he might be on the front lines of taco research

If he was learning to be a proctologist I'd say cleaning out the toilets might teach him poo poo loads.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

mllaneza posted:

* Some terms and conditions may apply.

did you see the parts where i deliberately chose my wording "on a moral level" and "almost always"? don't try to outpedant me, i already prepedanted you

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Maybe he has a twin brother, did you ever think of that!?

It happens!

I went for a job interview at a sister company once and a guy opens the door, I'd met him a few times before, he's a mate of my mate, even had work drinks etc with him on the terrace a couple weeks prior. I'm like oh thanks man and I go to walk in but he blocks me and kind of aggressively demands to know what I want

I'm thinking, wow alright, that's pretty rude, weird but whatever. I explain I'm there for a job interview and go past, and only find out later that there are identical twins working at the same small-ish company and I'd only ever met one of them

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The birthday thing is fun when you're a kid. My mom always gave us the option of going to a restaurant, or staying home and she'd cook anything you wanted. One year I opted for stay home and we had lobster tails, artichokes, and baked potatoes with all the trimmings. Brownies for dessert. I had turned 11 and I thought that was super awesome.

As an adult I can't give a poo poo about my birthday. I've actually forgotten is was my birthday on occasion. If someone insists, we can go out to dinner sometime that week. They never let me pay my share, so that's a decent birthday present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

My sister had her wedding on my birthday and now she remembers my birthday better than I do, lol