Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hirayuki posted:

I still have my copy, too. :kiddo:

I still have a few NP guides, it’s fun to flip through them every now and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the magic of scheherazade devs, culture brain, are like the peak of '6/10 games that lodge themselves deep in the recesses of your memory.' they made flying dragon for the n64 too.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The box art of The Magic of Scheherazade is something I can recall immediately because it's rad as hell and I saw it in rental places in the early 90s, but I've never thought to look at what kind of game it is until just now. Maybe I should play it.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I keep a copy of the Official Nintendo Power FINAL FANTASY V ADVANCE Player's Guide in my nightstand for quick access... not that I need it 😎

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I would love the Chrono Trigger and FF6 NP guides but they’re expensive af nowadays…

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I would love the Chrono Trigger and FF6 NP guides but they’re expensive af nowadays…
I have both, plus a kid about to go off to college. Hmm...

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Chuckles* Oh you mean this?

…And there it is

Slightly off-topic for this thread, but if you enjoy reading strategy guides, I highly recommend Vermis and Vermis II, which are strategy guides for a fictitious souls-like video game, full of vague descriptions of character classes, monsters, and dungeons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwS71VxNc7o

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

A few years back I saw posted on SA, a poo poo post, multiplayer, indie golf game that is on Steam. It advertised having to walk between holes, heading to the club, and I think mowing grass? Does anyone remember this?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I have no idea but apparently there are at least two golf horror games? Gone Golfing and Greener Grass Awaits

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Maigius posted:

A few years back I saw posted on SA, a poo poo post, multiplayer, indie golf game that is on Steam.

This made me think of What The Golf?! , but...

Maigius posted:

It advertised having to walk between holes, heading to the club, and I think mowing grass? Does anyone remember this?

... this throws me for a loop!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I always thought there should be a Golf-FPS hybrid called "Holes-In-Every-One".

:colbert:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Maigius posted:

A few years back I saw posted on SA, a poo poo post, multiplayer, indie golf game that is on Steam. It advertised having to walk between holes, heading to the club, and I think mowing grass? Does anyone remember this?

I found it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1625830/Brendan_Keoghs_Putting_Challenge/

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
there's a few more golf, with walking games out there.

ninja golf and the ATHF game come to mind. there's a other one I have in steam I forget the name of, I think it's got the word curse in there? weird how that's kind of a subgenre

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Cursed to Golf. Yeah. It's pretty good!

There's also RPGolf Legends which is a cute little golf + Secret of Mana dealie. It's published by Kemco but don't let that discourage you.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Speaking of golf games, what was the one with a guy in a cosmonaut suit in some kind of post-apoc environment?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Golf Club Wasteland

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
It's now called Golf Club Nostalgia after some kind of IP issue. Weird.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Paying2Lurk posted:

It's now called Golf Club Nostalgia after some kind of IP issue. Weird.
That was it, thanks.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Light Gun Man posted:

there's a few more golf, with walking games out there.

ninja golf and the ATHF game come to mind. there's a other one I have in steam I forget the name of, I think it's got the word curse in there? weird how that's kind of a subgenre

The newest Mario Golf has a mode where everyone plays simultaneously and has to run like hell to their ball for the next stroke, and there's a Doom mod called Hellshots Golf.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I always thought there should be a Golf-FPS hybrid called "Holes-In-Every-One".

:colbert:

I remember seeing an actual golf FPS on Steam with PvP combat, but the closest thing I'm finding now is Nice Shot! which isn't it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
There's some walking simulator/horror game that I can't remember the name of - I remember that it had a giant mall courtyard hub with two levels, escalators between them, and I think doors that lead to other worlds/dimensions. Also I seem to recall there was some collectibles you had to gather to unlock more doors? (Not much to go on, I know)

edit: it's not Oceanview Mall - the mall area was much less detailed and had basically bare walls as far as I can remember

ymgve fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 30, 2024

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ymgve posted:

There's some walking simulator/horror game that I can't remember the name of - I remember that it had a giant mall courtyard hub with two levels, escalators between them, and I think doors that lead to other worlds/dimensions. Also I seem to recall there was some collectibles you had to gather to unlock more doors? (Not much to go on, I know)

edit: it's not Oceanview Mall - the mall area was much less detailed and had basically bare walls as far as I can remember

Immediately makes me think of silent hill 3 but that’s way to obvious/easy

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
The thing is I don't remember if there were any monsters there - it's mainly the main hub area that popped into my head and I have very little memory of the rest of the game.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ymgve posted:

The thing is I don't remember if there were any monsters there - it's mainly the main hub area that popped into my head and I have very little memory of the rest of the game.

What you described definitely makes me think of the first area of silent hill 3 which is the shopping mall then the evil alternate dimension shopping mall

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
It's definitely not SH3 and I think it's some small indie game, possibly even from Itch, since I don't see anything in my Steam played list that rings any bells

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Spectral Mall?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

I don't recognize any of the minigames there, so not that one. I also don't think the graphics was "retro" like that

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ymgve posted:

Anemoiapolis? The hub is a pretty sparse mall and leads off to other liminal space cliches and you had to find tickets to unlock more

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

An Actual Princess posted:

Anemoiapolis? The hub is a pretty sparse mall and leads off to other liminal space cliches and you had to find tickets to unlock more

This is it! Thanks! Though I don't seem to own it on neither Steam nor Itch, so I now wonder if I just saw someone streaming the game instead of playing it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Anime looking game on the GameCube, might have been a JRPG? Husband remembers a blonde anime girl with a frying pan as a character. I feel like I asked this thread before but I forgor

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Danaru posted:

Anime looking game on the GameCube, might have been a JRPG? Husband remembers a blonde anime girl with a frying pan as a character. I feel like I asked this thread before but I forgor

Evolution Worlds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Right on the money :toot: I'll be back in a year or so when my husband forgets again