Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Sounds like we should ban trains, they are too dangerous to have on our roads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Whenever some dipshit tries to beat a train all the news tries to make it sound like the train could have swerved

It's the train tracks! The train is supposed to be there!!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
id like to see that train get in an argument with cybertruck :colbert: i bet it wouldnt be so tough

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Whenever some dipshit tries to beat a train all the news tries to make it sound like the train could have swerved

Airing a good PSA film like this would really help in educating the public:

https://i.imgur.com/529irjI.mp4

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

love the car *and* the train

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
So even if the car wasn't programmed to know what a train was, it was just going to plow into/through a few sets of flashing red lights?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc
https://x.com/elonmuskado/status/1790722218936222051?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc
the book cover is so funny

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

NoWake posted:

So even if the car wasn't programmed to know what a train was, it was just going to plow into/through a few sets of flashing red lights?

Tbf it's foggy, how would anyone see what's ahead with a visibility like that when you're driving 100 MPH?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Nenonen posted:

Tbf it's foggy, how would anyone see what's ahead with a visibility like that when you're driving 100 MPH?

It's the second time it's happened, though

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

at this point i just assume Americans don't know what trains are

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Vishass posted:

I had a weekly closed door meeting with my boss for a whole sesson where we just talked about what happened on LOST that week

I have one now for Survivor

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

NoWake posted:

It's the second time it's happened, though

Two times is not a lot considering how much people drive cars. If you drive every day and you hit a train on two days, that leaves 363 days when you don't hit any trains.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

git

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
it's the trains fault for not running on time, the tesla ai has read and learned the train schedules so that crossing should have been clear

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Concerning

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nenonen posted:

!!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Cactus Ghost posted:

yeah that one was bad but the one where it jumped the shark for me was the dragon attack on the lannister caravan, when jaime is charging the dragon and it's like "yes, gently caress yes, this is a great death for this character, maybe the most knightly death possible, tilting at a literal fuckin dragon in defense of his family and their fortune, hell yess lets do it" and then ope nvm last minute hollywood diving save with bonus dessert of lame cliffhanger where he sinks into a muddy river in full armor but of course doesn't drown

The other side of the coin to plot armor bullshit was the dumb ways they killed off characters that were fated to die, like tactical genius Stannis ordering a foot charge against a superior mounted force on unbroken ground.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

normal hands (animal teams)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://x.com/bigmeaninternet/status/1792305417151816158?s=46

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Nenonen posted:

this is epic

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

my sources say that one if musk's kids is woke now. im pro-FTW and i take no pleasure reporting this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm buying a tesla now?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Buy a home charger for your Tesla and enjoy your peace of mind

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nenonen posted:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nenonen posted:

Trains is hard job.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

thathonkey posted:

normal hands (animal teams)

Yes, all three of those hands are very normal.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

a.lo posted:

Buy a home charger for your Tesla and enjoy your peace of mind

After you die in a fire that started from your Tesla while you were sleeping

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

that was originally written on his gigantic hand before making its way to X the everything app

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Karach posted:

Wrong. He's been sliced, root and stem. I watched his manhood burn on a brazier

stop reminding me of the good seasons

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

i'd put the first line earlier though

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1792402216390934860?t=fJY5i8xgAzj1G310DU6jsw&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My god the battle of winterfel. I knew that was going to be trash when the creators were like “this is the biggest battle ever portrayed on the screen.” I remember reading that about a battle before seeing Troy with their Bronze Age exploding planes and cntrl c cntrl v open plains attack.

Imagine spending that many seasons building up so many things and using one of them.

- They finally got the Dothraki across the narrow sea and immediately sent them into a blind calvary charge into complete darkness (and somehow only lost 1/3rd of them)

- Danaeyris spent the whole battle floating around on her dragon that sure would have been useful against those creatures who were basically only vulnerable to fire.

- Speaking of fire, sure would have been nice if that fire mage who was sending abortion assassins did anything at all during the fight.

- And maybe explain why Bran isn’t just worging into….anything. Do something.

- The unstoppable night king was killed by a teenage girl stealing a move from the second resident evil movie, but not after omniscient bran didn’t stop Theon from killing himself for no reasons mere moments before.

- The giant undead army was nothing but the puddy patrol. The only thing that wasn’t cgi was the quick shot of actors lying on the fire to build the undead bridge.

And of course Plot Armor Jon Snow basically fist fighting an undead dragon and shuffle blocking its fire because the idiots on Imgur demanded it. I’m convinced the last three seasons were made just so Imgur could make memes. Like that little girl who talked poo poo to the lords? Well guess what she’s going to be a general now, and she’s going to be crushed by a frost giant while stabbing it in the eye heroically in her final moments. Epic bacon sir.

The one shot from that battle that will always stick with me is every minor character they didn’t want to kill pressed against a wall just flopping their swords against a literal wall of undead. There’s Tarley and Jamie, somehow surviving.

The lasting image of that series is (and should be) Danny turning into Hitler in the span of twenty minutes of screen time because of how incompetent the (children of Goldman Sachs bankers) creators were and are. But the awfulness of the attack on kings landing really makes people forget how bad winterfell was.

And all this rushed in a condensed season so the creators could pursue their true passion: an alt history series about the south winning the civil war.

One of the eight people that reads the front page should go through the aftermath of the Battle of Winterfel thread and quote the goons reflexively defending every part of that episode. Just complete loving nonsense.

Thank you I’ll take my 5 for 5 2 for 6, please.

FizFashizzle has issued a correction as of 12:29 on May 20, 2024

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Mad?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Furious

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

FizFashizzle posted:

My god the battle of winterfel. I knew that was going to be trash when the creators were like “this is the biggest battle ever portrayed on the screen.” I remember reading that about a battle before seeing Troy with their Bronze Age exploding planes and cntrl c cntrl v open plains attack.

Imagine spending that many seasons building up so many things and using one of them.

- They finally got the Dothraki across the narrow sea and immediately sent them into a blind calvary charge into complete darkness (and somehow only lost 1/3rd of them)

- Danaeyris spent the whole battle floating around on her dragon that sure would have been useful against those creatures who were basically only vulnerable to fire.

- Speaking of fire, sure would have been nice if that fire mage who was sending abortion assassins did anything at all during the fight.

- The unstoppable night king was killed by a teenage girl stealing a move from the second resident evil movie, but not after omniscient bran didn’t stop Theon from killing himself for no reasons mere moments before.

- The giant undead army was nothing but the puddy patrol. The only thing that wasn’t cgi was the quick shot of actors lying on the fire to build the undead bridge.

And of course Plot Armor Jon Snow basically fist fighting an undead dragon and shuffle blocking its fire because the idiots on Imgur demanded it. I’m convinced the last three seasons were made just so Imgur could make memes. Like that little girl who talked poo poo to the lords? Well guess what she’s going to be a general now, and she’s going to be crushed by a frost giant while stabbing it in the eye heroically in her final moments. Epic bacon sir.

The one shot from that battle that will always stick with me is every minor character they didn’t want to kill pressed against a wall just flopping their swords against a literal wall of undead. There’s Tarley and Jamie, somehow surviving.

The lasting image of that series is (and should be) Danny turning into Hitler in the span of twenty minutes of screen time because of how incompetent the (children of Goldman Sachs bankers) creators were and are. But the awfulness of the attack on kings landing really makes people forget how bad winterfell was.

And all this rushed in a condensed season so the creators could pursue their true passion: an alt history series about the south winning the civil war.

One of the eight people that reads the front page should go through the aftermath of the Battle of Winterfel thread and quote the goons reflexively defending every part of that episode. Just complete loving nonsense.

sir, this is the musk thread

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cold war, hot war, drug war, proxy war, woke war

These are different wars, and yes they are changing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

a.lo posted:

Cold war, hot war, drug war, proxy war, woke war

hot dog