Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I haven't been up with RLM or this thread in a while but I was watching a clip of SW Episode II: Attack of the Clones, specifically the Battle of Geonosis part

During the fight, Yoda is presented like some sort of super tactician while all he literally does is to say: "Uh, everyone shoot the ship in front of us" which is like "I'll try spinning, that's a good trick"

Like, thanks Master Jedi, glad we brought you along all the way :rolleyes:

At least Anakin says something useful which ends up with him getting noticed by senpai

Anyway, just wanted to say the Prequels are still dumb and I'm not hearing any revisionist stuff, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Arc Hammer posted:

Apes pull a Great Escape

Is there an ape Donald Pleasance?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Movie 1: James Franco tries to cure John Lithgow's alzheimers using animal testing on Apes. Little baby Ape Caesar is a primary source for the medicine and gets smarter as he grows older and lives outside of the lab with Franco. But then the experiments backfire and Caesar is put in Draco Malfoy's Ape enclosure, so he breaks free using the alzheimers cure drug to make the other apes smart and they escape into the forest.

Movie 2: turns out the alzheimers drug also kills off 90% of humanity. Apes living in a happy forest society but then they discover humans have moved back into San Francisco and Gary Oldman wants to kill them. One of Caesar's Apes, Koba, was abused in the lab and he sabotages peace efforts by shooting Caesar and blaming the humans, so the Apes steal assault rifles and attack the humans before Caesar kills Koba and stops the attack. War breaks out between Ape and human.

Movie 3. Humans are at war with the Apes. Woody Harrelson kills Caesar's family so Caesar goes off to avenge them but his whole tribe is captured and forced to build a wall because Woody Harrelson went rogue from the army. Surviving humans are losing the ability to speak and are getting dumber from the virus so he wants to kill all the Apes and defend against other humans before it's too late. Apes pull a Great Escape and flee inland, with Caesar dying of his wounds but leaving the Ape society free from human oppression.

redshirt posted:

Legit, thank you.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Ape no kill ape

mystes
May 31, 2006

all my apes gone sentient

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Rich as a deranged TikTok influencer actually got some laughs out of me. It’s been awhile since I’ve found anything in their HitB skits to be funny.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

redshirt posted:

Was Bashir never not creepy?

Bashir was very openly the neuro \ special needs coded character (see: Spock/Data (spectrum based), Janeway (BPD, Bipolar, NPD, Generalised Sociopathy etc).

Like there was an ongoing plotline about how his parents illegally made him "Hollywood autistic" so he could be a worthwhile member of society unlike his dad.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My ORANGUTAN

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kingo Ligma posted:

Bashir was very openly the neuro \ special needs coded character (see: Spock/Data (spectrum based), Janeway (BPD, Bipolar, NPD, Generalised Sociopathy etc).

Like there was an ongoing plotline about how his parents illegally made him "Hollywood autistic" so he could be a worthwhile member of society unlike his dad.

And then the other not-hollywood autistic enhanced people refer to themselves as "mutants" while Bashir has the world's most uncomfortable social call with the senior staff where everyone talks about how dangerous genius autists are compared to everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3RgXKU0RsQ

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It was like if you dropped a militarized acting troupe into a war

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Arc Hammer posted:

And then the other not-hollywood autistic enhanced people refer to themselves as "mutants" while Bashir has the world's most uncomfortable social call with the senior staff where everyone talks about how dangerous genius autists are compared to everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3RgXKU0RsQ

Lmao at a character that is canonically way stronger, faster, and deadlier than Bashir, who is also almost impossible to kill with multiple redundant organs etc, complaining that someone shouldn't be allowed to join Starfleet because they can immediately say how many matches are on the floor if someone spills a box.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
DS9 has a lady whose mutant power is being so much of a slut that they had to lock her in space jail.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Gutcruncher posted:

DS9 has a lady whose mutant power is being so much of a slut that they had to lock her in space jail.

But enough about Majel

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kingo Ligma posted:

Lmao at a character that is canonically way stronger, faster, and deadlier than Bashir, who is also almost impossible to kill with multiple redundant organs etc, complaining that someone shouldn't be allowed to join Starfleet because they can immediately say how many matches are on the floor if someone spills a box.

It's funny because besides O'Brien, everyone else at that table has something exceptional about them: Sisko is half human half alien god. Worf is a super strong Klingon with redundant organs. Odo is a shapeshifting alien. Dax is 300 years old with experience to share. And Kira is a straight up guerrilla fighter who under any other circumstances would have been pushed aside for being too radical if it wasn't politically expedient to cooperate with the Bajorans.

But it's Julian and his enhancements that are the exception.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Arc Hammer posted:

It's funny because besides O'Brien, everyone else at that table has something exceptional about them: Sisko is half human half alien god. Worf is a super strong Klingon with redundant organs. Odo is a shapeshifting alien. Dax is 300 years old with experience to share. And Kira is a straight up guerrilla fighter who under any other circumstances would have been pushed aside for being too radical if it wasn't politically expedient to cooperate with the Bajorans.

But it's Julian and his enhancements that are the exception.

O'Brien is an impostor from an alternative universe, who's pulled the wool over his wife, child, and everyone else but Bashir.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I think it's supposed to be canon that the Federation kind of overreacted to genetic engineering because of Khan.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

wtf is this utopian future where they can make people geniuses or fix genetic problems but it’s illegal for no reason??

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

THE BAR posted:

O'Brien is an impostor from an alternative universe, who's pulled the wool over his wife, child, and everyone else but Bashir.

Nah you're mixing up two different episodes. There's the one where imposter Obrien gets gunned down at the end despite being just as real as the actual Obrien.

But the actual Obrien is actually Obrien from the future during the episode where he kept trying to stop the station from exploding, so past Obrien died of radiation poisoning and future Obrien took his place when they resolved the time paradox.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

poisonpill posted:

wtf is this utopian future where they can make people geniuses or fix genetic problems but it’s illegal for no reason??

but what if one of them becomes hitler? huh? what then smart guy?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
they have a commitment to freedom and some technologies are essentially incompatible with that level of control over others

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

poisonpill posted:

Looks outside window, shrugs shoulders

"Literally right now?"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Looks outside window, shrugs shoulders

"Literally right now?"

I know we live in the bad timeline, I’m talking about the fictional one where things are good.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

poisonpill posted:

I know we live in the bad timeline, I’m talking about the fictional one where things are good.

lol YOU FOOL!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

poisonpill posted:

So there's a timeline with guys without goatees and oakleys sitting in the front seat of their trucks making level headed videos complementing the democrats?

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Jesus. I finally decide to post something interesting that the thread should like and its instantly drowned out cause some bullshit Porg video came out immediately after I post. gently caress the star wars hotel it was poo poo from word Go, this godawful cgi sequel to shootemup is way more important.

https://www.blastemup.com

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

What was the best Star Wars first person shooter? I played through them for the first time a few years ago. Jedi knight 2 was actually pretty good!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

poisonpill posted:

What was the best Star Wars first person shooter? I played through them for the first time a few years ago. Jedi knight 2 was actually pretty good!

Dark forces was the best!!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

XeeD posted:

Jesus. I finally decide to post something interesting that the thread should like and its instantly drowned out cause some bullshit Porg video came out immediately after I post. gently caress the star wars hotel it was poo poo from word Go, this godawful cgi sequel to shootemup is way more important.

https://www.blastemup.com

I'm not sure you're in the right thread.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mozi posted:

i was pretty shocked by the end reveal of the new apes movie that it was earth all along

You finally made a monkey out of me!

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I think the apes movies would be better if they used real apes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

a real rude dude posted:

I think the apes movies would be better if they used real apes

Do you realize how many PETA waivers you'd have to get?? Better/cheaper to just CGI it.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Couldn't they just film in Eastern Europe? Isn't that how Netflix keeps getting away with killing actors?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i mean we have way too many actors to be fair

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

redshirt posted:

Do you realize how many PETA waivers you'd have to get?? Better/cheaper to just CGI it.

Get some apes, put peanut butter on their mouths or something to make them talk, very cheap

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Kingo Ligma posted:

I'm not sure you're in the right thread.

Star Wars content in the Star Wars thread is just the worst

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

a real rude dude posted:

Get some apes, put peanut butter on their mouths or something to make them talk, very cheap

You have certified Ape Handlers?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’ve seen apes before and let me tell you the cost of wasted film from all the takes where they start jacking off would be astronomical. It’s why that Louis CK show was canceled after all

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lesser apes are cooler. You never hear of anyone having their face ripped off by a gibbon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bonobo Sex Club