Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
There's some wild stuff in there, like the fire safety protocols and the goony guy who guerilla filmed an action film in the hotel, but it's not worth four hours of your time. But it's helpfully cut up into chapters so you can skip ahead when you feel like you've got your money's worth or if you don't give a poo poo about learning about the plot of a boutique larp boondoggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Michael Eric Dyson voiced his displeasure with Kendrick Lamar during an interview with Stephen A. Smith on Sunday, in which he reflected on his piece in The Philadelphia Citizen discussing the rapper’s feud with Drake. Dyson wrote in the article that he was unhappy with Lamar questioning Drake’s Blackness and bringing up his mixed-race background on multiple diss tracks. On “Euphoria,” Lamar raps: “I even hate when you say the word ‘n***a'” as well as “we don’t wanna hear you say ‘n***a’ no more.”

“I’m pissed that Drake gets dismissed, off the scene, when he’s been Drake for 15 years and you act like you didn’t know that. Now he’s not really Black?" Dyson argued. "Challenging his racial identity and saying he’s a culture vulture when he’s a Black man? ‘He’s from Canada, he ain’t real!’ Idris Elba is from the UK; people still love him on The Wire! So why is it that being from outside of our nationality raises suspicions about Drake.”

From there, Dyson credited Lamar for being talented but said Drake is underrated. “Kendrick Lamar is a brilliant rapper and a formidable foe. But so is Drake," he said. "And what he’s done to expand the horizon of Hip Hop is underestimated, even artistically […] We have to stop this narrow, punishing, pernicious, limited viewpoint about Blackness.” He went on to compare Drake to former president Barack Obama. Check out the full comments below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK9OGTX3tzc

Lamar kicked off the feud with Drake by targeting him on "Like That" back in March. In the months since, the two have fired off several diss tracks at one another.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

So are movies but at least Jenny’s funny
Normally I'm not a fan of the genre of YouTube video that is "immensely long video of one dweeb talking about lame poo poo", but she really is funny and makes it entertaining. I don't even like Star Wars, I just think she's good at presenting information and I think the whole hotel failure saga is interesting.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

what was the first movie to start the backwards naming convention trend of ":A Star Wars Story" and ":A Mad Max Saga"?

was it Rogue One? or maybe Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

Normally I'm not a fan of the genre of YouTube video that is "immensely long video of one dweeb talking about lame poo poo", but she really is funny and makes it entertaining. I don't even like Star Wars, I just think she's good at presenting information and I think the whole hotel failure saga is interesting.

yeah she's the best at it

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I paid six grand for the premium adult baby experience in an LED lit concrete cube and did not have a good time.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1792539818771021831?t=w4hxmFG7Z-mGxBqGTqnQWQ&s=19

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

it rules he ruined his marriage because he wanted to be a pretend cowboy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dudes rock

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it rules he ruined his marriage because he wanted to be a pretend cowboy

wait, what?? i havent heard that one

im getting deja vu but for some other actor who played a cowboy once annd then decided they wanted to be a pretend cowboy for their irl life

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The poo poo he managed to pull out of people during Nathan For You was incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vbCKava_JE

I love that the camera is shaking constantly because the cameraman is laughing his rear end off

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hollywood should focus on something everyone wants to watch jnstead: the 90th planet of the apes movie/reboot

has anyone seen this btw is it worth watching in a theater

what about a cheap one where they only want like five bucks in cash

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

I did not even consider the old lady goat scene to be a negative thing until someone said it yesterday. They were already supposed to put down all the infected animals?? I mean sure fine some old country grandma is stubborn and doesn't know what the real danger is, that's fine by me. But the boys were doing the right thing anyway

no u dont get it those goats were innocent they didnt deserve to die and just like all babushkas this one only kept them as pets because her ungrateful children got high on communism and abandoned her

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I paid six grand for the premium adult baby experience in an LED lit concrete cube and did not have a good time.

to be fair to the adult baby in this scenario, she went specifically for the video review, and makes the money back from ads so it's basically just a business expense for her.

as far as other adult babies, lmaololrofl

I have no opinion of this movie either way yet, but I think I already wished it was not a thing.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

loquacius posted:

Dany's character also being too popular was a big problem for them but that one they just forged blindly on ahead with (laudatory) and it led to some great content

women naming their daughter daenerys during seasons 1-3 and then crying on facebook later after she went full psycho

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i know someone who called their kid bran

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Oh, it's uh... after the cereal

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

what?? his name is... Brandon Stark.

lmfao this crazy idiot did it again!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

tristeham posted:

i know someone who called their kid bran

le cringe

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

more like the Cannes’t film festival

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

In Training posted:

no the finale is the search for Frances movie with the bill gates impersonator

the Bill Gates impersonator is one of the best characters ever lol. I like to imagine bill himself watching and being like "ugh but I'm not even like that!"

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al! posted:

le cringe

yep

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

loquacius posted:

Dany's character also being too popular was a big problem for them but that one they just forged blindly on ahead with (laudatory) and it led to some great content

Nah the problem is that they “set up” Dany’s ending but it was completely incoherent and…liberal. They start playing ominous music during her scenes and have all the characters turn to the camera and say “Boy she sure is heading down a dark path, I hope she doesn’t go crazy” *wink*. But then the actual things she does are the not only the exact same things that the protagonists have been doing since season 1, they’re outright better. What does she do exactly? Kill the literal child crucifying slavers? Execute an enemy leader who had just committed treason who refuses to surrender? Execute someone for literally trying to assassinate her? Ned Stark beheaded a sobbing teenager in the first episode and was considered “too morally good to survive” by the other characters.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

waterworld, the postman, this. has anyone other than Kevin produced so many massive budget stinkers? lol. maybe he should stick to playing guitar at chamber of commerce events in Tomball

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea sorry but Dany's heelturn wasn't really set up throughout the series. It makes sense in an abstract way, like I could see GRRM doing it such that it works, but "she got angry sometimes" or "her blood makes her crazy" aren't satisfying justifications for genociding a bunch of civilians who had already surrendered. She didn't even do that when the rebellion in Slaver's Bay nearly killed her and all her friends.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
new coppola film seems really dumb

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

watching some bridgerton for the first time just so i can have some idea what this show is actually like in motion and am a little flabbergasted to learn that its just gossip girl but set in nineteenth century england

theres a lot to unpack here about an infamously trashy premise being elevated to prestige discourse mostly thanks to costume design the implications are disturbing to contemplate i need to watch something more serious to get my mind off this hmmm all our leaders are really into this thing called hamilton i should give it a try

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

galagazombie posted:

Nah the problem is that they “set up” Dany’s ending but it was completely incoherent and…liberal. They start playing ominous music during her scenes and have all the characters turn to the camera and say “Boy she sure is heading down a dark path, I hope she doesn’t go crazy” *wink*. But then the actual things she does are the not only the exact same things that the protagonists have been doing since season 1, they’re outright better. What does she do exactly? Kill the literal child crucifying slavers? Execute an enemy leader who had just committed treason who refuses to surrender? Execute someone for literally trying to assassinate her? Ned Stark beheaded a sobbing teenager in the first episode and was considered “too morally good to survive” by the other characters.

uhh doesn't she use her dragons to kill like everyone in kings landing and destroy the whole city

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the POWs she killed had in fact surrendered lol

e: she executed them by burning them to death

loquacius has issued a correction as of 03:03 on May 21, 2024

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Spergin Morlock posted:

waterworld, the postman, this. has anyone other than Kevin produced so many massive budget stinkers? lol. maybe he should stick to playing guitar at chamber of commerce events in Tomball

waterworld and the postman both own

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Waterworld is primo schlock

I don't know what people wanted in the 90s that they weren't getting from it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

SomethingBeautiful posted:

waterworld and the postman both own

hell yeah

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
people say "oh water world is just a ripoff of the road warrior" and like, yeah, that's cool, the road warrior kicks rear end

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I have the TV edit adr "it DOES look like s-slime" embedded in my head
probably in the place of birthdays or memories of my wedding

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i watched Bullet Train last night and it was okay. Fun. kind of crappy. 6/10.

???

the cutaway gags were simultaneously the best part of the movie and got to be entirely too much by the end. It seemed like maybe they recognized that with the totally superfluous "the water bottle" story that kind of poked fun of them weaving in some new character's plotline into the existing story.

oh well no wonder you big dummy why you would watch the brad pitt version of this movie when you could watch the sonny chiba version instead

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

loquacius posted:

the POWs she killed had in fact surrendered lol

e: she executed them by burning them to death

every character executes prisoners on that show, there's a pretty big jump between that and spazzing out and burning down your own capital city. otherwise the other characters wouldn't have been so horrified.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I have the TV edit adr "it DOES look like s-slime" embedded in my head
probably in the place of birthdays or memories of my wedding

it's fun to say "yippee ki yay, mr falcon" at times, to myself

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

tom petty plays tom petty but in the post apocalypse and he stands around smirking while kevin costner quotes tom petty songs, i think other stuff also happens but who cares two thumbs up right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

SomethingBeautiful posted:

tom petty plays tom petty but in the post apocalypse and he stands around smirking while kevin costner quotes tom petty songs, i think other stuff also happens but who cares two thumbs up right there

yup