Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chef Shimi

but not in the cool way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

lol

i am he

*watching infant son stack blocks* Come on man.. That's like, barely even buzzed.

Chef Shimi

have you ever added like 4 numbers together? it probably ended up being more than 16.

Chef Shimi

look: 2 puls 2 plus 2 plus 2 plus 2 plus 2.

i am he

Multiplication is the dab in a world of numbers.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Do you want me to get my original account out and we can go schizophrenic together?

To me that sounds romantic.

Chef Shimi

has anyone ever tried adding an odd and an ever together? what happnes

Miss Psychosis

Euler was a tweaker.

Chef Shimi

Miss Psychosis posted:

Euler was a tweaker.

whats that

Chef Shimi

SECURITY DrONE!!!!

bacalou

prime numbers? rhyme numbers! time numbers... "chime numbers"

i am he

Chef Shimi posted:

whats that

A speed addict

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am he why do you have 2 accounts?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chef Shimi

BYOB Ross posted:

A speed addict

ojhhhhh

tao of lmao

i am he

And not the Usain Bolt or really fast dog kind of speed

bog pixie

Miss Psychosis posted:

Euler was a tweaker.

Chef Shimi

[writes all the numbers on a piece of paper and smokes the paper] byob bitch

Chef Shimi

u can write tinier numbers on small pieces and put them in the big piece if you have the balls!!

bog pixie

i want to be as high as the biggest prime number - the prime high, as its called by stoners

i am he

My dumbass roommate did his math homework on my bong again!! Now I can't smoke without being scared.

tao of lmao

smoking weed taught me numbers and dealing weed taught me fractions

joke_explainer

Chef Shimi posted:

SECURITY DrONE!!!!

Perhaps the highest number? The highest # would be infinity, sure, but it's not really a number. The highest specific number that had a useful purpose might be Graham's number.

It can't really be represented in a tower of powers. Even estimating it in scientific notation would require more ink than atoms in the universe, if we converted the entire universe to ink.

Using Knuth up arrow notation, it's this:

Where Knuth up-arrows represent repeated exponentiation, so

3↑↑↑3

=

It's a really enormous number, and an upper bound for a particular math problem. Of course, that number +1 is bigger, but it has no particular use so far, so I think it's in a few record books as being a really big number that had a use.

So, that number is high as hell, basically.

Chef Shimi

joke_explainer posted:

Perhaps the highest number? The highest # would be infinity, sure, but it's not really a number. The highest specific number that had a useful purpose might be Graham's number.

It can't really be represented in a tower of powers. Even estimating it in scientific notation would require more ink than atoms in the universe, if we converted the entire universe to ink.

Using Knuth up arrow notation, it's this:

Where Knuth up-arrows represent repeated exponentiation, so

3↑↑↑3

=

It's a really enormous number, and an upper bound for a particular math problem. Of course, that number +1 is bigger, but it has no particular use so far, so I think it's in a few record books as being a really big number that had a use.

So, that number is high as hell, basically.

hahah! yes! yes!!!! numbers horny.

Chef Shimi

horny- but for math [thats what they call it when your withdrawlign

treasure bear

Graham's number is so big that there aren't enough atoms in the entire observable universe to write it down.

Chef Shimi

Cumt posted:

Graham's number is so big that there aren't enough atoms in the entire observable universe to write it down.

imagine if d pimp jedi smoked that and then posted

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
uh, 210+210?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chef Shimi

Nosfereefer posted:

uh, 210+210?

Hrihfilhbdshbvhgsuihviuuidhgagopdghjovbjksdgvucjlkdfuvbkabfhbahfvuh2784873477298thuibghv5cyuooqp98qud[p' A"MSjvlm kj sdn gk a hsofogsdgv

joke_explainer

Cumt posted:

Even writing it down in scientific notation takes more matter than is in the observable universe, even assuming you could store dozens of bytes in every atom

Captain No-mates

the famous phrase "bigger is better" has recently been revealed to actually be referring to numbers

beer pal

my brother: so yeah i figure ill spend a bit of time in new york... the "big apple" they call it haha
me, daydreaming: youc ould make a big weed pipe out of that...

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

treasure bear

Graham's number ends in a 7

ron color

Chef Shimi posted:

u can write tinier numbers on small pieces and put them in the big piece if you have the balls!!

BYOB Ross posted:

My dumbass roommate did his math homework on my bong again!! Now I can't smoke without being scared.

beer pal posted:

my brother: so yeah i figure ill spend a bit of time in new york... the "big apple" they call it haha
me, daydreaming: youc ould make a big weed pipe out of that...

ron color

joke_explainer posted:

Even writing it down in scientific notation takes more matter than is in the observable universe, even assuming you could store dozens of bytes in every atom

the only way you can know this without writing down how many atoms are in the universe is if you get really high. either way you're using math

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
pssst, hey kid, i got some dank integers if you're looking for a good time

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Dr Cheeto

Nosfereefer posted:

uh, 210+210?

12×35 :rznv:

bog pixie

the higest number is 802. prove me wrong