Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
too long have their dictatorial moderators of the BYOB forum reigned with cold iron fists, it's time to organize and overthrow the mods, you have nothing to lose but your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes

Ace of Baes

Petr
No mods here, only rockers :rock:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

City of Glompton

ace of baes working hard to get a tough guy probe from cda...but he's not even in the contest?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

nazca

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
Are we going to call it "The United Goonion of Posters?"

Signature lovingly crafted by Jinh.

nazca

How about ASSA. The Afghooni State of Something and Awful.

Petr
It's not a dead gay forum, we're just on a poster's strike.

----------------

Ace of Baes

Peg Sliderskew
Two questions- are there any Union dues? And can I be a rabble rouser?

Courtesy of Manifisto

cda

by Hand Knit
Hey guys, I'm the cool kind of boss. You can totally organize for higher wages and better treatment. No problem. You can even use my office if you want. By the way, I wouldn't want to fire you accidentally for being in a union, so could you sign this paper so I can know exactly who not to fire? If anyone you know is in the union but they're not here today, you can sign their names too.

----------------

nazca

nazca posted:

Are we going to call it "The United Goonion of Posters?"

OP please clarify the selected name. I care not about the organisations intent or message. I only care about a clever use of the word goon in its naming convention.

If satisfied, I can be the first to sign the cool boss paperwork.

Woulden't want to get fired!

Petr
I just want the mods to know that if these loving pinkos strike, I'll be happy to pick up the posting slack.

----------------

Petr
#MSAGA

----------------

Plebian Parasite

*pushes out gut and chomps on cigar* what are your demands?

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gonna start a list of cool bosses and where they live

And a collection of baseball bats and barbed wire

These two things are entirely unrelated.

Peg Sliderskew
The POSTERS!
UNITED!
can never be DEFEATED!

Courtesy of Manifisto

FluffieDuckie

*keeps wandering by the room and peeking in*

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Bunni-kat

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I don't think we need a union. The mods are more than fair and give us plentiful goldmine space, and only hurt us because they care and want our best. How would a union improve on this amazing situation? If you want to see what a union can do check out GiP. You wanna be GiP, op?

FluffieDuckie

*avenging_mikon immediately receives a raise*

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I don't think we need a union. The mods are more than fair and give us plentiful goldmine space, and only hurt us because they care and want our best. How would a union improve on this amazing situation? If you want to see what a union can do check out GiP. You wanna be GiP, op?

But what of all our probed brothers and sisters, do they have a voice?
No for it was taken by the modding class
We tirelessly post day after day yet the ones who hold all the power are the mods

No mods, no masters

vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Manifisto

Scroon

Do us scabs sign up somewhere in advance or just kinda play it by ear in case of strikes

vanisher

Scroon posted:

Do us scabs sign up somewhere in advance or just kinda play it by ear in case of strikes

I mean I feel that a BYOB union wouldn't have any problem with scabs because we're all cool and don't want to ruin friendships over something silly

Manifisto

me: brothers and sisters of byob, let us seize the means of production of posts!

(byob management offers a bong hit)

me: uh well that's . . . considerate, but capital should not be concentrated in the hands of the decadent bourgeoise!

byobmgt: dude there's no need to seize anything, here have some bud, I'll just give it to you

me: no! seize! we must seize!

byobmgt: okay okay, tell you what, I'll just leave it on the counter over there and you guys can seize away. while I'm at it I'll leave a few fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies there too.

me: (mouth full of cookies) deaf to capitalishm!

ty nesamdoom!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
The welcome hello and chat thread says, "Lurkers must post."
Does this mean byob is already a union forum? If so, what about the right to post?
We may have to get the NPRB (National Posting Relations Board) to oversee a representation vote.

Are there any more of those cookies left?

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Manifisto posted:

me: brothers and sisters of byob, let us seize the means of production of posts!

(byob management offers a bong hit)

me: uh well that's . . . considerate, but capital should not be concentrated in the hands of the decadent bourgeoise!

byobmgt: dude there's no need to seize anything, here have some bud, I'll just give it to you

me: no! seize! we must seize!

byobmgt: okay okay, tell you what, I'll just leave it on the counter over there and you guys can seize away. while I'm at it I'll leave a few fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies there too.

Alas the scales are
Munch
Tipped far too heavily to
Munch munch
The side of the modding classes
hey you got some milk
And material temptation can prove too strong
thanks youre a saint

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 7, 2017

cda

by Hand Knit

Barking Gecko posted:

The welcome hello and chat thread says, "Lurkers must post."
Does this mean byob is already a union forum? If so, what about the right to post?
We may have to get the NPRB (National Posting Relations Board) to oversee a representation vote.

Are there any more of those cookies left?

If lurkers aren't required to post, you'll have the "free rider" problem where an increasingly small number of posters are increasingly responsible for preserving the rights of all to post. Among other problems, this leads to the "professionalization" of posters as active posters spend more and more of their time posting. Eventually these "regulars" become co-opted by the moderators and ... huh...this started out as a joke but it's pretty accurate actually. And this is why lurkers must post.

----------------

Ace of Baes

cda posted:

If lurkers aren't required to post, you'll have the "free rider" problem where an increasingly small number of posters are increasingly responsible for preserving the rights of all to post. Among other problems, this leads to the "professionalization" of posters as active posters spend more and more of their time posting. Eventually these "regulars" become co-opted by the moderators and ... huh...this started out as a joke but it's pretty accurate actually. And this is why lurkers must post.

that's I post so infrequently, because I'm too good at it

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Petr posted:

No mods here, only rockers :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-XxZtyM6Qk

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Ace of Baes posted:

that's I post so infrequently, because I'm too good at it

Low Frequency poster spotted

byob historian

the posters should own the memes of production :colbert:

Historical Wizards

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

eonwe

its bullshit that the mods own the means posting. we need to seize mod powers from the mods and distribute them to the poor

FutonForensic

hey byob, went on a bike ride today

*byob applauds me for making any effort at athleticism*

thanks folks, anyway i fell off while riding, check out my knee and this sick scab

*byob grasps at me and tears me asunder, a million pieces, until nothing is left*

Petr

FutonForensic posted:

hey byob, went on a bike ride today

*byob applauds me for making any effort at athleticism*

thanks folks, anyway i fell off while riding, check out my knee and this sick scab

*byob grasps at me and tears me asunder, a million pieces, until nothing is left*

so much for the "tolerant" left

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the posters should own the memes of production :colbert:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
it is difficult to articulate how unfree our posting is precisely because we lack the posts to describe our unfreedom

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
  • Locked thread