Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Is XP still manageable if you don't subscribe? I haven't played in a while and am not ready to resub yet but I've been thinking about getting back in.

Also I haven't played in like five patches. Any major changes to the classes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

ive never subbed, just a preferred player (spent $5) and im on my 7th character now with no problem when it comes to xp/levels. the class quests mostly give enough xp. once per class ill either do all the quests on 1 planet or a couple flash points while using the xp boost consumable when enemies a start to be 2 or 3 levels higher than i am. the most ive ever been behind was with the imperial agent, it was my first class that had stealth and i was running past enemies a lot.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Blockhouse posted:

Is XP still manageable if you don't subscribe? I haven't played in a while and am not ready to resub yet but I've been thinking about getting back in.

Nothing major. The way they build has changed entirely, and hybrid builds are pretty much impossible as a result, but things are pretty much the same.

Er. Have you heard about the tracer missile animation?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Beat NAHUT tonight. I do love boss fights with mechanics where the key to defeating the mechanic is in the room.

"MWAHAHAHAH I AM A STEALTH ASSASSIN ROBOT YOU WILL NEVER FIND ME!!! What do you mean 'why is there a candle placed delicately in the middle of the room'? PLEASE DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!!"

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Blockhouse posted:

Been playing a bit, I played back at launch so I'm a preferred but don't have any of the expansion stuff. So far haven't really needed to do side stuff, mostly focused on class story, planet main story, and doing the heroic group quests. You can set any helper to any spec now (heals, tank, or damage), and their gear doesn't matter (so they stay stronger). Heroic quests give you some solid gear to keep up, I've been able to comfortably solo and the heroic quests through tattoine so far. Flashpoints have a solo mode that you can play through as well, so you can check those out as well.

Classes in general haven't really seemed to change, but the trees work differently now.

I tried to start playing some after one of the expansions but kept getting annoyed at preferred limits, but a lot of those seem to have been loosened up some. Overall been enjoying it, at the very least you can pull the class storylines out like single player games.

One complaint: starfighter missions are like 3/week, for like no goddamn reason.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is the United Whatever 30-Day Pack that's on the main page a good deal? Is there a better deal somewhere?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Bah it gets you xp booster + some items, it's mediocre at best. It would have been better if it was half price for the 60 day subscription, which give you access to everything anyway.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is the United Whatever 30-Day Pack that's on the main page a good deal? Is there a better deal somewhere?

That's only a good deal if you really want the Taun Taun mount and Hoth armor. It's $5 more than a basic monthly sub.

The best deal is the 90 day Amazon bundle .

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, has your Sorc healer felt a bit more invincible lately?

Apparently the datamined set bonuses are active, and on top of the current ones

GertLush
Aug 24, 2005
Any EU goon guilds on the Imp side (Darth Whatever server), re-subbed and thought I'd start a new mercenary.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Medullah posted:

The best deal is the 90 day Amazon bundle .

Accurate. Also you can use this promo over and over again for extra coins.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Malek posted:

Accurate. Also you can use this promo over and over again for extra coins.

It's supposed to be usable only once ever 6 months, but I can validate that it can be used more than once - I've done it 3 times.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, has your Sorc healer felt a bit more invincible lately?

Apparently the datamined set bonuses are active, and on top of the current ones

Yep I figured it out (the what not the why) my second WZ when I broke my personal HPS record. It was obvious when I looked at a parse.

The best part of this bug is it works on yourself - put Resurgence/Revivication on yourself for a 170% Unnatural Preservation. Add on the +30% heal and 5 second CD reduction Utilities and I’ve got a 70% heal every 25 seconds.

It makes Arenas a joke.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Been hearing rumors that if you're on Windows 10 this update improves performance in SWTOR. I just installed it, won't have a chance to test it until later, but it's logical in that the update "Addressed a performance regression when users run full-screen Microsoft DirectX 9 games and applications." and the fact that SWTOR is so reliant on DX9.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Perfect timing! I just installed this again and was wondering why my performance was so bad. This update seems to have fixed all of my issues.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Get yourself an infiltrator.

I got pretty close to my concept sketch...

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
This one? https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/ac-5-broadcast-infiltrator/

Looks pretty nifty.

Edit: going to idle at fleet spawn to drum up some more sales for you.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 4, 2017

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

nonentity posted:

tite

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Aleth posted:

This one? https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/ac-5-broadcast-infiltrator/

Looks pretty nifty.

Edit: going to idle at fleet spawn to drum up some more sales for you.

Oh poo poo I hadn't seen that in action before that's pretty awesome.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Also not only do you links not work still on SA they don't even show up anymore. You can only see that there's anything there by seeing the bbcode in a quote window.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Turbl posted:

Oh poo poo I hadn't seen that in action before that's pretty awesome.

Thanks! It's got three modes: As first spawned in, then CTRL-Z switches to Dark Side mode, and then CTRL-Z again switches to light side mode.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Aleth posted:

Also not only do you links not work still on SA they don't even show up anymore. You can only see that there's anything there by seeing the bbcode in a quote window.

They show up fine in Awful app.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Preechr posted:

They show up fine in Awful app.

I think they were fixed. Aleth usually uploads them to Imgur when he quotes.

Good looking speeder, and 3 modes... Oh man that's just opening the doors to more fun.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Medullah posted:

I think they were fixed. Aleth usually uploads them to Imgur when he quotes.

That’s as may be, but the original post works fine in Awful App. They all always work in the app. Never seen a broken nonentity pic. I only read this thread on the app, though.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Aleth posted:

Yeah, I don't have the app and on desktop I don't see his pictures. It's weird.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's because HTTP images don't work.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So DrunkenGarbageCan, what's the word on the new Augments? Assuming you've hit your Accuracy and Critical goals, with the current Alacrity debate going on, what to Augment? Mastery or Power?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

So DrunkenGarbageCan, what's the word on the new Augments? Assuming you've hit your Accuracy and Critical goals, with the current Alacrity debate going on, what to Augment? Mastery or Power?

I'm running 6 Crit and 8 Versatile of the Superior Augments where previously I was running 6 Crit and 8 Overkill. I lose 462 Power (~106 bonus damage) but gain 784 Mastery (~156 bonus damage) while my Crit and Alac values stay the same ~1860 and 1155 respectively.

I'd prefer Power to Mastery (+15% bonus damage per point) but there are no Overkill Superior Augments. I'm biased against Alac cause it's a PvE stat that's about DPS and long, drawn out fights rather than the burst and hopping from one quick fight to another of PvP.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm 0 for 5 on making these new augments with a crit. CONSPIRACY.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

I'm 0 for 5 on making these new augments with a crit. CONSPIRACY.

So that's what, 20m wasted?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

So that's what, 20m wasted?

4 million per Charged Matter thingy, takes two of them
1-2 million for the other thingy, takes 1
Then 5 Iokath recombinators
2 Purple Slicing mats

The fully built augment sells for 8-10 million right now, so even with a crit it's only a minor profit.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Well in that case if you just want to give me one to help free up your inventory space I can probably find the room :D

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Yes! Double XP/CXP/Valor for the rest of the month.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Life Day event has started and Anniversary vendor is up. Only new items I see are a statue of Valkoryian and a Flair.

In other news, they boosted the CXP rewards for snow covered parcels significantly. My T4 Operative with a 100% boost gets 310 CXP per parcel

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why is patching this game so resource intensive?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The initial file scan will use 100% of your disk. Even on an SSD.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did Bioware remove the helper droid for solo Flashpoints? How do you get that back?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I said come in! posted:

Did Bioware remove the helper droid for solo Flashpoints? How do you get that back?

No I did one with it just last week. Should be in your mission items if you have the Story flashpoint on.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

The two newest Flashpoints do not have a god bot, they are tuned to be a bit more challenging with pre-assigned companions for the [SOLO] Version and you bring your own companion for the [STORY] version (though for Umbara [SOLO]=[STORY], you only have a preassigned companion the first run through)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Also worth pointing out the comp for the newest SOLO FP doesn't need gifting to rank up to be effective, works fine at rank 1.