Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I hear that about the goats. Since the economy is built around sources of resources that each only give one kind of resource, adding even one that can give two might start breaking things. Most immediately, adding a third food type from level 1 burgage plots would make town development go much faster. Early game food variety is a challenge, and I think it's meant to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Just make goat meat produce at about the same rate as those slow rear end chickens and you'll probably not break anything.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

And the end of the day you do need to accept that this is an anno-style game with a particularly good sense of authenticity rather than a rimworld style game.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

mllaneza posted:

I hear that about the goats. Since the economy is built around sources of resources that each only give one kind of resource, adding even one that can give two might start breaking things. Most immediately, adding a third food type from level 1 burgage plots would make town development go much faster. Early game food variety is a challenge, and I think it's meant to be.

A good compromise would be to make different resources available depending on the upgrade level. Perhaps goats would start off making milk or meat and then produce hides once you reach level 2, or something. I’m sure it could be made to work. Or perhaps in the future modded in if mod support is added!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DrSunshine posted:

A good compromise would be to make different resources available depending on the upgrade level. Perhaps goats would start off making milk or meat and then produce hides once you reach level 2, or something. I’m sure it could be made to work. Or perhaps in the future modded in if mod support is added!

Sure, but I'd put hides at level 1 because you need a clothing source.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Been playing this and it's pretty fun. I did the first scenario about getting a Large Town and it all went fairly well except by Market places seemed a bit wonky, I had 1 primary market place which served most of my town but then I built down another road a another section of town with it's own marketplace, and I could move market stall to it, perfect. Except they just abandoned those stall so it didn't help at all.

Also my game might have bugged out to a degree because I ended the scenario with I think 29,000 wealth. I was able to import hundreds of every food type, exporting nothing but clay tiles and leather. Something must have gone wrong in the calculations there.

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

I tested the recent economy fix, and things are working much better. However, I still have too many agents and things grind to a standstill (like oxen just standing with a log but failing to deliver it).

I'm hoping that happens soon, and in the meantime, I am trying to sell all my sheep, but I can't sell them quickly enough.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I could never figure out how to get sheep to work right. If they were fertilizing I didn't notice it. I also couldn't figure out how to get them to go where I wanted them to go. And if I wanted enough of them to do maybe anything the breeding perk was mandatory just from the numbers needed to fill even a single field, but taking that perk made them explode into a CPU killing ball of wool and frustration.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Manor lords - I could never figure out how to get sheep to work right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

They nerfed the sheep explosion a little, but I can't get my sheep population down.

Scruffy lookin herd nerfers.