Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I miss when the Aggie band and fake army would march on the capitol/Austin every thanksgivings. It was truly a better time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwn_BRYF1qI

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I mean growing up with it, you'd see it on every year and think: "maybe this is the year is when they're going to attempt a coup"

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Denton was both better and worse before all the development

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
Are people still mad at Jason Lee for having the audacity to move there?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lollin at the north east getting hosed up by blizzards

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

RoboFrance_29 posted:

Scientologists should stick to California and boats imo

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

George H.W. oval office posted:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
skies are clear temp is perfect and im going to the waterpark have fun in yalls igloos NE its spring breeeeak :mamacita:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

RoboFrance_29 posted:

I remember that and maybe I dunno, I gave up on life and moved to Frisco. I only end up in Denton occasionally these days, I but I think I was more irritated that they bulldozed the Tomato then let the ground sit barren for like 6 years before building a chipotle.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

George H.W. oval office posted:

turns out all the forecasts that there would be a blizzard were fake news

it ended up being a normal-ish snowstorm

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Recycled Books in Denton owns

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Bodyholes posted:

it ended up being a normal-ish snowstorm

Sounds like a blizzard to me

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

RoboFrance_29 posted:

There's a weird thing with Denton people in that half the town seems to think that any given establishment is owned or somehow connected to Jason Lee. But I have never seen him and can only confirm he owns a house and one-fifth of a gastropub. I think Dentonites are perpetually bored and need something to talk about.

If he wants to hang out or something then that'd be cool but I'm pretty meh on the whole situation

Also King Diamond lives in Frisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8szOKn0bSFQ

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Motherfuckers need a hobby

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Is lake Lewisville still the most dangerous lake in Texas? Too many drunks and alligator gars.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

texaholic posted:

Is lake Lewisville still the most dangerous lake in Texas? Too many drunks and alligator gars.
I don't know but the Lake Lewisville dam is probably the most dangerous dam in Texas.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 16, 2017

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

texaholic posted:

I've spent a significant amount of time on a number of Texas waterways and I'm going to say yes except for there are no Alligator Gar in Lake Lewisville--and actually no one has ever been killed by an Alligator Gar ever we just killed the gently caress out of those dinosaur-fish because they're big and look scary:

Not enough make it to that size any more :( People even kill their smaller cousins (long nose and spotted gar, which are in this area) because they either think they're "trash fish" and kill the oh-so-precious large mouth bass or mistake them for Alligator Gar. I've walked along small streams in this area and seen 50+ killed and discarded along the bank in a stretch of less than 100ft. A living fossil treated like refuse.

There are, however, actual alligators in Lake Lewisville around the Hickory Creek tributary--but they haven't killed anyone yet either.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/9-Foot-Alligator-Found-Near-Lake-Lewisville-307672481.html

This is the first dumbass to die of an alligator attack in Texas in almost 180 years (fuckin' Missouri):

quote:

More details emerged over the weekend. The last words of the victim, Tommie Woodward, a shipyard worker transplanted from Pacific, Missouri, are for the ages, a situation-specific variation of the punchline “Hold my beer and watch this”:

Employees at the marina had erected the sign in recent days after spotting a “pretty drat big” 11-foot alligator in the area, Orange County Police Captain Robert Enmon told BuzzFeed News.

A woman with Woodward warned him not to enter the water because of the risk, prompting him to reply “F*** that alligator,” Enmon said.

Just before he jumped in, the woman spotted the gator, Enmon said. Woodward was attacked almost immediately.

Police have not yet determined if alcohol played a factor.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/texas-gator-kills-man-in-orange-ending-a-179-year-streak/

What kills people on Lake Lewisville is a combination of: alcohol, boats, and the inability to swim for a lot of the people partaking in the 2 former activities. It's really the most dangerous lake in Texas because of

Wikkheiser posted:

I don't know but the Lake Lewisville dam is probably the most dangerous dam in Texas.

quote:

The federal government concluded in 2005 that the Lewisville Lake dam posed an "unacceptable risk." Nearly a dozen years later, safety improvements for that 61-year-old dam upstream from Dallas are just months away from being finalized.

Last year, corps staffers discovered a sand boil — a swirling whirlpool outside the dam — that could have led to the dam's failure, but did not.

The corps has estimated that dam failure would put 431,000 people in harm's way and cover downtown Dallas in about 50 feet of water.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/environment/2016/11/23/feds-closer-fixing-issues-made-lewisville-lake-dam-unacceptable-risk

That's crazy when you think about how far downstream downtown Dallas is from Lewisville Lake, but don't worry guys, the necessary repairs MIGHT be complete by 2023! :stonklol:

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

Wikkheiser posted:

There's a weird thing with Denton people in that half the town seems to think that any given establishment is owned or somehow connected to Jason Lee. But I have never seen him and can only confirm he owns a house and one-fifth of a gastropub. I think Dentonites are perpetually bored and need something to talk about.

If he wants to hang out or something then that'd be cool but I'm pretty meh on the whole situation

Also King Diamond lives in Frisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8szOKn0bSFQ

My fiance's sister works at the midway crafthouse and said he came in one day to fill a growler & seemed like a chill person. I also have never seen him around and am not bothered by some famous dude living here.

Also, that is :rock: about king diamond, gently caress yeahhhh

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

but Frisco is probably the least-metal place ever :confused:

also they did end up hunting down and killing poaching that gator instead of properly immortalizing it in bronze like Balto

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Les Os posted:

Scientologists should stick to California and boats imo

They should follow Hubbard's example and die.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I'm not a fuckin' vegetarian but my friend is throwing this so it'd be cool if y'all came :)

Jesus Christ fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 18, 2017

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
I'd go to a vagfest :pervert:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

RoboFrance_29 posted:

I'd go to a vagfest :pervert:

I'd think twice. They're bigger here.

Anagram of GINGER