Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Timby posted:

Haven't there been, like, two million lineups of the Sinister Six?

Edit: lol

The Sinister Six 9 is not as sexy at it should be.

We actually had a Sinister Six in Into The Spider-Verse. Kingpin, Tombstone, Green Goblin, Scorpion, Prowler, and Liv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You’re the sinister six!

And you’re the sinister six!

And YOURE THE SINISTER SIX!!

I had no idea it was this stupid and thought the game was the only poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vintersorg posted:

You’re the sinister six!

And you’re the sinister six!

And YOURE THE SINISTER SIX!!

I had no idea it was this stupid and thought the game was the only poo poo.

It's not stupid, it's just that when something runs for 50 years with a bunch of spinoffs you're gonna get some silliness. The Sinister 66 are perfectly appropriate for the tone of the goofy comic they appear in, and they don't detract from how interesting the original 60s story was.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

The Sinister 66

ok now this is something I wanna see

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Add another 3 sinisters and I'm interested.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SleepCousinDeath posted:

ok now this is something I wanna see

It's from Spider-man and the X-men. Not the 90s video game, the modern comic.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Gamemaster Anthony of Sinisterness

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Lurdiak posted:

Nobody's thinking of Shocker, Overdrive and Scorpia when someone says "The Sinister Six"

Hey, buddy...

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

Not really. I mean he's done it once or twice but usually he just projects a hologram of himself onto a wall and Spider-man bonks his head against the wall.

Goddammit, this had me futilely trying to hold back laughter while at work

Now people are lookin at me

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The best Sinister SIx lineup will always be the original, but a special shoutout must be made to Spectacular Spider-Man where Spidey asks "Only six, huh? What happened, Lizard and Goblin had Nix tickets?"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's been a goddamn month and I'm still mad about that bus scene holy poo poo I didn't think one scene could ever make a Spider-Man movie worse that TASM2 but here we are.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's been a goddamn month and I'm still mad about that bus scene holy poo poo I didn't think one scene could ever make a Spider-Man movie worse that TASM2 but here we are.

Lets not say things we can't take back.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

RIP Iron Boy... :twisted:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I wonder how they'll explain "no more spider man" in the movies. "Lol, Mysterio's plan worked perfectly, Peter is now discredited and also in prison."?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mymla posted:

I wonder how they'll explain "no more spider man" in the movies. "Lol, Mysterio's plan worked perfectly, Peter is now discredited and also in prison."?
He’s busy with school is an easy one. FFH already showed how the hero life was taxing on him.

Or just “This kid got doxxed and wants to lie low for a few years.” Not a huge problem unless they were planning on having Peter be the new leader of the Avengers.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
How can Disney only be getting 5% of the box office revenue if they're the producers? I don't understand how Hollywood financing works.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Peter Parker was absolutely supposed to be taking on the Iron Man/leadership role, that’s been his whole character arc since day one.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Spermando posted:

How can Disney only be getting 5% of the box office revenue if they're the producers? I don't understand how Hollywood financing works.

Because Sony was the one actually financing the Spiderman movies, the 5% was basically Sony paying a licensing fee to use MCU elements in their films.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Mymla posted:

I said it in the Spider-Verse thread, but c'moooooon 'Identity Crisis'! Spidey was framed for murder and pretended to be four different supers, using different facets of his powerset (and some additional suit tech) in order to clear his name.

Four college kids later got the suits and became the Slingers.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Spermando posted:

As I understand it Disney agreed to produce the films with Feige in exchange for the use of Spiderman in their event films (CW, IW, EG). The tension comes from them pulling Feige off the next film to work on their own stuff/asking to buy a 50% stake in in the next film to keep him on. Disney would rather have their golden goose producer work on their own films and Sony would rather not sell half of their most valuable franchise. Hopefully they can come to an agreement.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 21, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mymla posted:

They'll explain it like why they don't explain why any other superhero isn't there. By not addressing it at all.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I know it's trendy to hate on the MCU which is not without its flaws, but I was actually really looking forward to the next Avengers movie having Valkyrie, Thor, Black Panther, Spider Man, Dr Strange, maybe Rocket, and no Tony Stark.

Captain Marvel is the most boring character in the universe which is why I left her out.

quote:

Peter Parker was absolutely supposed to be taking on the Iron Man/leadership role, that’s been his whole character arc since day one.

Yeah and with his age, he was supposed to be around for a long time. He actually wanted to play Spider Man for 20 years.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 21, 2019

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Thor, the strongest Avenger, should obviously be in charge.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Mymla posted:

Thor, the strongest Avenger, should obviously be in charge.

I think you meant to say, Point Break,should obviously be in charge.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oh man will I not miss the dumb Tony Stark nicknames

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

Oh man will I not miss the dumb Tony Stark nicknames

Don't worry GotG 3 will surely pick up the slack.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

Don't worry GotG 3 will surely pick up the slack.

I'd take Quill giving people dated 80s pop-culture nicknames, that would be pretty funny. He hasn't shown the tendency to do that tho.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy A. Person posted:

I'd take Quill giving people dated 80s pop-culture nicknames, that would be pretty funny. He hasn't shown the tendency to do that tho.

I look forward to Rocket and Nebula rolling their eyes at Quill's references because they have actually experienced Earth culture up to 2023.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If taking Spider-Man out of the MCU is what it takes to destroy EDITH then so be it.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Mymla posted:

Immediately after the events shown, Spiderman was tragically torn to pieces by an enraged mob of New Yorkers. We'd like you to meet our newest teenage superhero, Iron Lad!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mymla posted:

"Spider-Man died on the way back to his home planet."

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Mymla posted:

night monkey

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Just watching this. Why the hell EDITH doesn't have Peter perma-whitelisted, after all this bullshit betrayals Stark went through, is beyond me. Then again, it would end the movie quickly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

For those of you who don't read the general thread, or twitter, Spidey's back with Disney.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

For those of you who don't read the general thread, or twitter, Spidey's back with Disney.

No, it's still with Sony but he can stay in the MCU.

However, it sounds like Tom Holland might also be able to meet Tom Hardy's Venom and Jared Leto's Morbius in future Sony movies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Sorry yeah that's what I meant. The MCU deal has been extended.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

The MSJ posted:

However, it sounds like Tom Holland might also be able to meet Tom Hardy's Venom and Jared Leto's Morbius in future Sony movies.

Who keeps giving Jared Leto work and also why

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

beanieson posted:

Who keeps giving Jared Leto work and also why

This a joke?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Just watching this. Why the hell EDITH doesn't have Peter perma-whitelisted, after all this bullshit betrayals Stark went through, is beyond me. Then again, it would end the movie quickly.

In case Peter betrays him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

The MSJ posted:

However, it sounds like Tom Holland might also be able to meet Tom Hardy's Venom

Alright, That could be not terrible...

The MSJ posted:

Jared Leto's Morbius

Oh. No loving thank you.