Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Luna Landers

Valo to AAA; Pedro to the DL. Call up Jackson and Maddux.

Lineup vs R:

1B Raines
2B Collins
CF DiMaggio
C Gibson
RF Aaron
DH Ramirez
LF Jackson
3B Brett
SS Joost

Lineup vs. L:

LF Raines
2B Collins
CF DiMaggio
C Gibson
RF Aaron
DH Ramirez
3B Brett
1B Nomar
SS Joost

Bailey catches for Richard.
Maddux takes Pedro's spot in the rotation.

Also, can I challenge loving Addie Joss' endurance rating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

B

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Let's finally get those gyros. C

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
This is an official notice of the San Juan Elephants' disappointment that the League Commissioner failed to use this opportunity in the narrative to make a Duncan Idaho joke. C

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's been millennia and the man still hasn't gotten his gyros. C

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
A man must have his gyros to be truly called a man. C

e: Giving Honus and Carlton a bit of a break, updated in my spreadsheet

gardenald fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 5, 2013

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
I'm just morbidly curious what 'Space Gyros' entail. C.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
wooooooooooooooo

C

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
By the way, I got the feeder list from mrnoun. Thanks to him for doing and for keeping with Super-League traditions and including a trap team to snatch up the unwary.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

Reinsert Morgan for Roberts at 2B.

The only answer is C. Get a Space-Gyros!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

New lineup for the week:

#1 - Brett Butler CF
#2 - Wade Boggs 3B
#3 - Rogers Hornsby 2B
#4 - Hank Aaron 1B
#5 - Joe Torre C
#6 - Al Kaline RF
#7 - Julio Franco SS
#8 - Jimmy Wynn LF
#9 Pitcher

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

By the way, I got the feeder list from mrnoun. Thanks to him for doing and for keeping with Super-League traditions and including a trap team to snatch up the unwary.

The Cubs? Again? I note they are available again, arn't they?

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
So much for not getting trapped in a corner again.... C.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
c We must know if Gracedroids dream of electric a gyros.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Will DHing Walker rest him from "Sore"? If so, Switch Alou and Walker for a week.

gah, Put Biggio in LF for a week.

CraigK fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 5, 2013

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

CraigK posted:

Will DHing Walker rest him from "Sore"? If so, Switch Alou and Walker for a week.

Yeah it does, just not as fast as benching him, but will do it over a week.

IceMole
Aug 1, 2009

Unicorns draft 2001 Keith Foulke.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

All-Star Ballot

Dynamo League

Catcher
[ ] Johnny Bench (DUB) (.269/.319/.358, 3 HR, 3.2 WAR)

First Baseman
[ ] Lou Gehrig (WEB) (.218/.325/.407, 7 HR, 5.8 WAR)

Second Baseman
[ ] Nap Lajoie (NYF) (.313/.353/.406, 1 HR, 5.5 WAR)

Third Baseman
[ ] Wade Boggs (SJE) (.356/.419/.490, 4 HR, 5.5 WAR)

Shortstop
[ ] Joe Cronin (ONE) (.316/.376/.464, 6 HR, 6.5 WAR)

Left Fielder
[ ] Barry Bonds (FLO) (.240/.366/.473, 9 HR, 4.0 WAR)

Center Fielder
[ ] Oscar Charleston (ROC) (.302/.359/.476, 6 HR, 4.8 WAR)

Right Fielder
[ ] Mel Ott (ALB) (.332/.434/.611, 15 HR, 6.8 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[ ] Ted Williams (NYF) (.289/.402/.529, 13 HR, 5.7 WAR)

Manager
[ ] IceMole (CLU) (1x Sic Transit Vir Champion, Might actually show up in the thread if nominated)

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

Thanks for putting Utley in. Please call up Tanana to take the start THE Thornton Lee would miss.

B?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Smasher League Week 11 Injury Report

Finger Lake Phoenixes
Rickey Henderson (LF) (Lost in the Supermarket) - 7 days

Lombard St. Gumshoes
Mike Schmidt (3B) (Senescence) - 19 days

Luna Landers
Craig Lefferts (RP) (Tried eating a moon rock for some reason) - 8 days

Oxbridge Mathematicians
Ryan Vogelsong (SP) (Just trying to get a little attention!) - 27 days

Philadelphia Failures
The Great Philly Disaster!
Todd Worrell (RP) - 35 days
David Cone (SP) - 20 days

Saturn Biosparks
Mike Adams (RP) (Insulted the King of Saturn) - 10 days

Spokane Air Raids
Jered Weaver (SP) (Born to suffer and die) - 12 days

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Luna Landers
Craig Lefferts (RP) (Tried eating a moon rock for some reason) - 8 days

Now, the beancounters told me we literally could not afford to buy $7 worth of moon rocks, much less 70 million. Bought 'em anyway. Ground them up, mixed them into a gel, and guess what: ground-up moon rocks are pure poison.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
I never posted an all-star ballot. Hopefully this show of confidence can inspire my team.

Dynamo League

Catcher
[x] Johnny Bench (DUB) (.269/.319/.358, 3 HR, 3.2 WAR)

First Baseman
[x] Todd Helton (ONE) (.276/.342/.437, 7 HR, 5.0 WAR)

Second Baseman
[x] Joe Morgan (DUB) (.282/.360/.445, 7 HR, 8.6 WAR)

Third Baseman
[x] Jackie Robinson (CAN) (.306/.364/.495, 4 HR, 3.1 WAR)

Shortstop
[x] Ernie Banks (CAN) (.320/.384/.720, 11 HR, 3.3 WAR)

Left Fielder
[x] Joe Jackson (FLD) (.347/.397/.464, 2 HR, 5.5 WAR)

Center Fielder
[x] Jim Edmonds (BUR) (.286/.366/.485, 8 HR, 5.9 WAR)

Right Fielder
[x] Stan Musial (DUB) (.306/.358/.502, 8 HR, 5.8 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[x] Michael Jordan (SJE) (.313/.477/.522, 3 HR, 2.2 WAR)

Manager
[x] The Merry Marauder (NYF) (Super-League III Champion, 5x Sic Transit Vir Champion, 3x Dynamo League Champion)

Smasher League

Catcher
[x] Josh Gibson (LUN) (.304/.352/.526, 10 HR, 2.7 WAR, is Josh Gibson)

First Baseman
[x] Prince Fielder (BRN) (.287/.382/.528, 12 HR, 5.6 WAR)

Second Baseman
[x] Joe Morgan (OXB) (.297/.392/.462, 5 HR, 6.0 WAR)

Third Baseman
[x] Paul Molitor (PHF) (.321/.366/.491, 6 HR, 6.6 WAR)

Shortstop
[x] Barry Larkin (LOM) (.307/.344/.451, 5 HR, 5.7 WAR)

Left Fielder
[x] Ted Williams (NEA) (.299/.409/.451, 7 HR, 5.4 WAR)

Center Fielder
[x] Mike Trout (SPO) (.293/.338/.431, 6 HR, 5.8 WAR)

Right Fielder
[x] Babe Ruth (SLA) (.307/.417/.609, 14 HR, 6.5 WAR)

Designated Hitter
[x] Sadaharu Oh (LOM) (.274/.341/.452, 11 HR, 5.6 WAR)

Manager
[x] CthulhuDreams (1x Division Champion, won 100 games in first season)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

CraigK posted:

It didn;t work when I tried it for one of my players (Whitaker I believe), FYI.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Oxbridge Mathematicians
Ryan Vogelsong (SP) (Just trying to get a little attention!) - 27 days
Sorry, Ryan - I need pitching, but not that badly.

Voting C.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Philadelphia Failures
The Great Philly Disaster!
Todd Worrell (RP) - 35 days
David Cone (SP) - 20 days

The team is the disaster, the injuries are just icing on the cake.

Hey, at least I can still assemble a 25 man roster from my uninjured players, right?

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 5, 2013

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Keeping on theme, the Finger Lakes Phoenixes will draft the elderly

1927 Eddie Collins, and if Robbie Alomar has something to say about moving to shortstop, he can just spit it out.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Still in the market for Canseco, Sax, Scioscia, Strawberry, Boggs, and Mattingly! I've got a second round draft pick and deadball pitching!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hey people with an upcoming draft pick. Want to improve your bullpen but do not want to have to draft noted terrible human Mike Stanton? I have a 1972 Sparky Lyle for sale for your draft pick and a low quality depth guy. He is a closer quality dude, so you should probably want him!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League VIII, Dynamo League Week 11: Because I got bored

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

BLOGGERS TAKE UNICORNS TO HURT LOCKER, WIN 5-4

The Internet- In the end, the Bloggers did just a bit more than the Unicorns, and that was enough.

In the bottom of the tenth, the score tied 4-4, the Bloggers strung together a rally. A double by Cano, a walk by Yount, and then a single by Cash, and that was all they needed to break the tie and win the game. For a walk-off win, it was somewhat anti-climatic. No one big moment stood out as the turning point. The Bloggers simply got a few things to fall their way in succession, and that as all.

IceMole, long-time owner of the Unicorns, and generally considered one of the more enigmatic Super-League owners, was philosophical about the defeat, "It doesn't matter to me that we lost. All I want at this point is to find that team that is capable of forcing the Bangers into relegation. That might be my team, it might be another. If it is not me, if we are not the ones destined to purge the great evil from the Super-League, then I can live with that. These Bloggers are impressive, even if their owner might be somewhat disturbed. I hope that they continue to improve and become the team that can finally free the Dynamo League from the oppression of Marauder. And while, with the loss of Bonds and Bender, I'm not sure they will able to do it this season, I hope they can survive the Gauntlet, hone their skills and save us all."

If Mornacale responded to those comments, it was hard to tell, "Bonds gone! Bonds gone! Puckett to LF, Herman to RF! Adjust sliders? Less short rest? Bender hurt by short rest? Bender hurt by age? Bender hurt by rating? Challenge? Is possible! Holtzman hurt! Bring up McNally? Is truth! Gehrig disappointing! Replace with Cash? Is lie! Gehrig superior to Cash! Challenge rating? Unlikely! Trade Dykstra! No takers! All against me! Revenge soon! All suffer! ALL SUFFER!"

Game Notes

-Radbourn had another mediocre start, although with a shortage of starting pitchers in the Bloggers system, any move to replace him seems unlikely.

-The Unicorns' bullpen continued to struggle, giving up four hits, four walks and two runs in two and a third innings. Reports indicate that performances like these is what inspired IceMole to draft Keith Foulke with his first round Super-Draft pick.

-If the Packers lose, Smasher riots...again.

Box Score

Don May posted:

IMPERIALISTS STAVE OFF ELEPHANTS 2-1

Mandalay- It is the natural order of things for an Imperialist to hunt an Elephant.

tatankatonk had lost all faith in his bullpen, or so it seemed. It was true that none of them has had a particularly impressive season thus far, but, with starter Andy Messersmith already having pitched over 100 pitches in the game, it was probably time to call for Dennis Eckersley or Mike Marshall. But tatankatonk wouldn't do it. Messersmith had taken the Elephants this far, pitching eight shutout innings, and with the score 1-0, tatankatonk was ill-disposed to mess with success.

Eddie Collins led off the inning for the Imperialists, and had the simple mission of getting on base by any means possible. The canny second baseman, seeing that Messersmith was already somewhat fatigued, decided to add to the Elephants' pitcher's misery, taking pitch after pitch until he drew a walk. The tying run was on first with no outs. Still, that was not the most dire circumstance. Jeff Bagwell was up next, and he had struggled all season. Bagwell would either sacrifice bunt Collins to second, which would get the Elephants their first out of the inning, or he would bat, and most likely make an out without advancing the runner. At that moment, both Messersmith and tatankatonk were more concerned with the hot-hitting Edmonds looming on the on-deck circle. That would be the real test.

But Messersmith was tired. He had thrown 112 pitches. And when his first pitch, a 85 mph fastball crossed the plate for a called strike one, everyone in the stadium knew it too. Bagwell hadn't tried to bunt on the pitch, and so Messersmith knew that he'd have to get him out some other way. The next pitch was a slider, but not a good one, and it was well outside the strike zone. The count was now 1-1, and Messersmith was in trouble. Trying to induce contact, because, in his heart of hearts, he knew that he could not hope to get Bagwell to strike out, Messersmith threw a slow curveball right over the plate. It was a gamble, and it could not have gone worse as Bagwell was able to catch up with the curve, and send it over the left-field fence, scoring two runs, and handing the Imperialists a 2-1 win.

The Viscount Slim appeared wholly unsurprised by the dramatic ending to the game, "You speak to me as if this victory were not virtually pre-ordained," the Viscount said in his aristocratic manner, "I am not sure where this Puerto Rico is. The degenerated empire of Spain has established many colonies with similar names. San Juan, San Jose, San Luis and the like. I personally cannot keep them straight, nor do I have any desire to learn more about them. No, they are just the failed outposts of a failed empire. Objects of pity more than anything else. I do not care about these Elephants, they have no ivory, their feet do not make artful wastebaskets, and I cannot mount their skulls on my wall. I suppose I shall have to content myself with merely defeating them, and where is the sport in that?"

Box Score

Hardcore: The Will and the Way

: The Packers, Yoshida, the Packers!
: So...you're not really focused right now, are you?
: PACKERS!
: Okay, I guess I'll take over here. Bulldogs taking on the Pessimists in a Hardcore Title match, and the Bulldogs will make a late comeback, and take Game 1.

: Charles Woodson is back!
: And the Pessmists will win Game 2, so the Hardcore Title is still in play.

: And Randall Cobb is back too!
: And the Pessimists win, and they'll take home their first Hardcore Championship!

: Nelson, Cobb, Jennings, Jones, Driver! Who has enough cornerbacks to stop that?
: Pessimists taking on the Spooners, now, and the Pessimists win Game 1.

: Oh, god, who am I kidding, we're doomed! There's no hope!
: Uh...okay, Pessmists win again and will retain the Hardcore Title.

: We could stop Peterson before, we can't stop him now.
: Pessimists win again, and the Spooners are hurting because they've had to rest their middle infielders for this series.

: No hope! No hope!
: And the Pessimists will complete the sweep, and that's pretty drat good.

: Why must you break my heart (probably), Aaron Rodgers, why?

Team Statistics

DC Comic from the '90s that your team most resembles

Eclipso was a book starring a minor villain, Eclipso, who wandered around the world doing bad things. A group of heroes, who felt like that really shouldn't be allowed, banded together to stop them.

So Eclipso murdered every last one of them.

That's one hell of a downer ending.

The '90s version of Aquaman proves that just because you give someone a hook hand and a beard will not make them a compelling character. And no matter how hard you try, no matter how good the writer, Aquaman is still going to be Aquaman.

Some things will never change.

Marv Wolfman revolutionized DC Comics when he started writing New Teen Titans in 1980. Fifteen years later, though, he was way out of ideas, and just started desperately trying to find a cast of characters that could buy his faltering comic just a little more time. In the first of half of the '90s, Wolfman completely revamped this comic twice, and each time made things much, much worse, to the point where, by the end, the Teen Titans featured characters like Damage and Minion.

Not even he could keep his finest creation going forever.

Justice League America (no 'of'), was the early-90s version of the Justice League that featured Superman and...uh...some other characters. That was all well and good until Superman got killed in a big crossover event and the Justice League because the story of, well, nobodies like Blue Beetle and Bloodwynd, at which point it just got increasingly dire until it got cancelled.

It doesn't take a lot for things to fall apart.

Was Action Comics a well-written title? Well, most of the time it was more workmanlike than inspired, but it ran loving forever. Hell, not even Superman's mullet could kill it, and you know how loving deadly mullets can be.

Some things will last forever.

Hawkman isn't just a lame character, back in the '90s, he was three or four lame characters! So DC decided that the best way to handle this surplus of Hawkmen was to collapse them into a single character. Now, you might wonder how that worked, and the answer was they literally physically merged all of the characters into one being. That made no real loving sense, even at the time, and it ended with Hawkman spending most of the rest of the '90s in limbo.

Sometimes, just jamming poo poo together doesn't work.

Everyone likes the Waid-version of the Flash!

Legion of Super-Heroes in the early '90s was a book that made absolutely no sense, nor really tried to make any sense. At one point, the writer of the book just so frustrated that he just wrote a story about the Earth exploding and then quit. At which DC decided to junk the book and start over...18 months later, leading to an extended lame duck run where no one really gave a poo poo what was happening in the comic because it wasn't going to count.

The point is, blowing up the Earth isn't going to solve anything.

Who the gently caress is Guy Gardner, you might ask? He was a dude so popular enough that despite the fact that his comic was titled "Guy Gardner: Warrior" for most of its run, it still managed to churn out 44 issues, nearly five of which weren't complete wastes of money! Just look at that cover, it's the last issue of his comic and he just blew a hole through his enemy's chest! Of course, in the comic, the enemy was only mildly inconvenienced by this, and the comic still got cancelled, but, for a second there, it sure looked like Guy Gardner was onto something!

All glory is fleeting.

JLA was the book that made sure the Grant Morrison would be set for life, and that all of his works would be given glowing reviews by everyone. It was also the book that made every subsequent writer portray Batman as a guy who could win a fistfight with the sun thanks to his superior planning, even though that tended to lead the character down a creatively stultifying path.

Still, a juggernaut is a juggernaut...unless it's from Juneau.

Hourman was the story of a robot from the 853rd Century who came back in time to hang out for a while. And then he got cancelled.

Just like the Spooners.

The writers of Green Lantern pissed a lot of people off when they turned Hal Jordan evil, and that hosed things over for the comic from then on.

Azrael was the story of a man who had a bunch of animal DNA implanted in him as a child by evil Catholic monks who fought crime. This origin doesn't sound like it makes much sense at all, and it didn't. It still ran 100 issues. How? No one knows. No one read it, and no one knew anyone who read it, and, for many years, the publication of this title seemed like and urban legend. Eventually, it was revealed publicly that not only did Azrael exist, but it had been published continuously for over eight years. DC Comics immediately cancelled the series and gave a public apology.

The Generics are probably going to get cancelled too if they can't turn this around.

You can't stop Batman, not even when you strap him to the bottom of a rocket.

Just like you can't stop the Losers. Although they would likely not do quite as well after being strapped to the bottom of a rocket.

The early '90s Justice Society of America was a book with a high concept: What if you had a team book where all of the heroes were senior citizens.

The answer is that you would get cancelled after ten issues.

I'm not sure where I was going with the one.

Wonder Woman has run almost continuously since 1941. It has had, over those seventy-plus years, about three good years worth of stories. Why is that? Well, the people at DC have this bizarre faith that if they can just tweak the Wonder Woman character just right, then she'll make them millions. Of course, the character just kind of sucks, and there's no real hope of turning things around, but that doesn't stop DC, no, they'll keep on making minor changes and shuffling in new creative teams forever.

Standings and Leaders

A. Confront Mega-General X directly. - 0 votes

B. Consider alternate strategies of defeating Mega-General X. - 4 votes

C. Get a Space-Gyros! - 12 votes

Grace Mk. 7 felt like he's been waiting for this for centuries.

After leaving the lab, Grace headed out to Greektown, a neighborhood in New Leningrad populated mainly by refugees from New Trebizond, which even now languished under an Iridnoi siege. But Grace didn't care about that, all he cared about was the freedom of the people of Rand...and also getting a space-Gyros.

Everyone knew that the best space-Gyros on the planet were at Starvos' House of Gyros, so that's were Grace Mk. 7 headed. But, for some reason, he was nervous. Almost as if some ancestral memory were telling him that some complication would surely interfere with his purchase of a gyros.

But his worries were unfounded, Grace paid for a regular Space-Gyros and received the delicious pita-based sandwich. Finally, after so long, it was time to feast...

...and that's when Grace Mk. 7 realized that something terrible had happened. Oh, he had his gyros, all right, but he was a robot. He lacked both a sense of taste and a digestive system. Missing one of those would make enjoying a gyros a much dicier proposition. Missing both, though? That turned this entire gyros affair into a cruel farce. What now?

DECISION TIME!

What will Grace Mk. 7 do?

A. Despair!

B. Build a digestive system so as to finally find a way to eat a loving gyros!

C. This is Mega-General X's fault! If he hadn't existed, then Grace never would have be reincarnated in a body without the requiste components for enjoying a gyros! He must die for this!

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 6, 2013

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Put Hornsby back in for Fregosi. Has Ford actually gotten much worse, or is he just getting unlucky all of a sudden?

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Sadly, I must ask for Wheat to come off for Damon. Less sadly but still fairly sad, Klein back in at RF.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

How does Eckersley lose 6 games as a closer with an ERA under 2? And how did I gather such a luxury of outfielders? I have Bonds, Griffey & Ichiro and Cuyler's hitting over .300 off the bench, for god's sake.

New lineup:
RF Ichiro
C Mauer
CF Griffey
3B Pujols
1B McGwire
LF Bonds
SS Smith
2B Lajoie

and can someone post me the slider options for BM2013? I honestly have no idea what mine are set to, they need a total revamp anyway and the old thread's gone to archives.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

wooooo lineups wooooooo

1. Joe Jackson RF
2. Nap Lajoie 2B
3. Eddie Murray 1B
4. Billy Williams LF
5. Robin Yount SS
6. Andre Dawson CF
7. Gary Carter C
8. Ron Santo 3B
P

gently caress I wish I had a DH so Raines could get playing time. Also C.

Monicro fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 6, 2013

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

(After)life is a cruel farce, and then you die (again). That means Grace should just get this done sooner than later and go with C and face off with Mega-General X to end the pain sooner.

Much like this team!

Welp. I was going to take ancient Collins but since that's not happening I'll take babby 93 Chipper Jones because I'm a stupid sucker. If you missed the last time, put in Niekro for LR. Gonna see how badly BBM mauls Jones before I put him into the lineup.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Solid week for the good guys, and here comes Chief Bender again. Bring up Bender for Holtzman and skip him in the rotation. Old Hoss should start my next game. That should make Bender scheduled to start as soon as he's healthy again. No other changes unless I get to make a pick before the next sim.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 6, 2013

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

With Drysdale back in good health, return him to the starting rotation. McDowell returns to the minors. Send Frisch to the DL and return Pete Rose to the majors.

New lineups to cover for Frisch's injury:
vs RHP
2B Alomar
LF Speaker
1B Thomas
CF Charleston
RF Oliva
SS Cronin
C Torre/Martinez
3B Youkilis
P Pitcher

vs LHP
LF Speaker
SS Cronin
1B Thomas
RF Robinson
CF Charleston
C Torre/Martinez
3B Youkilis
2B Rose
P Pitcher

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Voting for C.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Oh, I forgot to vote B. Gyros forever.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
B for gyros, we will not get sidetracked this time.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Voting C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

A

vs. Righties no DH
3B McGraw
LF Hamilton