Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Syndic Thrass posted:

Dual prop Dramiel's used to be the bees knees. Someone more attuned with the meta will have to explain why they fell off

I use a 10mn ab istabbed dramiel w/ warp speed rigs as a highsec taxi and it's pretty cool

e: shitfit sniping page 100

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Zakrello posted:

dramiel & daredevil ruled before t3d introduced in game. in any camp with remote sebos they are the best fetchers all round

theyre still good. daredevils are still great theyre just... daredevils

dramiels are still good but garmurs are safer and do more damage theyre almost strictly better

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
So gently caress fozziesov? Ok cool glad we're on the same page

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

necrotic posted:

I recommend scaling back the number of accounts you run until you figure out how to make your plex ISK. If you are running 5 and cannot already pay for them you're doing it wrong.

I've read somewhere I think it was on Eve Uni that you can get a decent turnaround from setting up three PI characters per account, so I set up to get Rocket Fuel, hope it helps.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Landsknecht posted:

ccp introduced mordus legion ships which are prettymuch amazing and both the orthrus and garmur are definitely balanced, as they scram you from 25k away then shred your frig with speed-boosted light missiles

Someone still needs shooting for making a genuine best-in-class ship like those pair. (The only reason the Barghest doesn't get included is it's still a battleship and battleships are mostly meh right now).

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What's the current optimum for PI? I need super no touch.

I've got three planets just now churning out T2 stuff, using launch pads rather than storage bays.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Olpainless posted:

Someone still needs shooting for making a genuine best-in-class ship like those pair. (The only reason the Barghest doesn't get included is it's still a battleship and battleships are mostly meh right now).

it's the ship that I, as a PvPer, always wanted:

every single bonus is useful (and not just good, but like best-in-class good)
it has good base stats
it's not *that* expensive
the shield-missile-warp disrupt range layout works crazy well for kiting setups, but the ship can be fit to work as brawler also

if you're flying in a nanogang it's debatable if there's any ship which is better

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
So with all this talk of exploration lately and with my boredom, I've done some epic arcs and kinda get the mini game now. I have a man with cover ops 5, hacking 5, salvaging 5, archeology 5, and all probing skills 5 and I've also been wanting to maybe dick about in wormholes some. So that being said here's my few questions:
1. I will probably use the Astero unless something about the Strat makes it better in any way other than maybe cargo. Do you EVER have to kill poo poo (other than possibly people) that might make one better?
2. What baseline fit do you use? Like would you normally armor tank your Astero with the hacking poo poo in the mids, or do you run a travel fit and depot refit before the site or what?
3. Is there a good guide anywhere on like how wormholes work, specifically like Class X connects to Y and Z, and just a general reference for someone with next to no knowledge about this and
4. Same thing but for the minigame/sites? Like I kinda get it and have suceeded a few times but at the same time if I'm honest I don't know a loving thing. I checked out like the Eve uni one but tbh it didn't really help me for poo poo and a lot of (well the few) video guides I've watched were super goddamn long and didn't really tell me anything I didn't know they were more about like probing and here's how cov ops works and skills and such.

Basically I'm being that dick head going "Hey someone effort post and do all the work for me please"

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Reposting from unchill thread:

quote:

(2:17:40 PM) directorbot: For those who didn't see the patch notes for today's mini-patch: Hit Esc and uncheck "Dynamic Camera Movement" on the graphics tab to disable the docking animation (and the temporary weird FOV on undock).

~~~ This was a broadcast from namamai to opt-all at 2016-07-05 21:17:31.789060 EVE ~~~

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Syndic Thrass posted:

So with all this talk of exploration lately and with my boredom, I've done some epic arcs and kinda get the mini game now. I have a man with cover ops 5, hacking 5, salvaging 5, archeology 5, and all probing skills 5 and I've also been wanting to maybe dick about in wormholes some. So that being said here's my few questions:
1. I will probably use the Astero unless something about the Strat makes it better in any way other than maybe cargo. Do you EVER have to kill poo poo (other than possibly people) that might make one better?
2. What baseline fit do you use? Like would you normally armor tank your Astero with the hacking poo poo in the mids, or do you run a travel fit and depot refit before the site or what?
3. Is there a good guide anywhere on like how wormholes work, specifically like Class X connects to Y and Z, and just a general reference for someone with next to no knowledge about this and
4. Same thing but for the minigame/sites? Like I kinda get it and have suceeded a few times but at the same time if I'm honest I don't know a loving thing. I checked out like the Eve uni one but tbh it didn't really help me for poo poo and a lot of (well the few) video guides I've watched were super goddamn long and didn't really tell me anything I didn't know they were more about like probing and here's how cov ops works and skills and such.

Basically I'm being that dick head going "Hey someone effort post and do all the work for me please"

gently caress you for making me put in :effort:

1. If you aren't doing combat the astero is fine. However if you want to run sleeper data sites or 6/10 ded plexes the stratios is a brutal death machine. An example shield buffer tank video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlri9_Pz90
2. I'm building an astero for pvp with dual armour rep, cap booster + usual pvp mid slots. The shield buffer Stratios with damage mods + sentries or 2 x geckos is worth a look at.
3. http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Wormholes_100 this link for for general wh mechanics
http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=WormholeSpace this link tells you what's in the sites. In C1-C3 wh there are pirate data/relic sites with no npcs. These are very profitable, see the next link for a full exploration guide.
http://www.toptiertactics.com/21341/eve-online-exploration-guide-billions-and-billions-of-isk/#axzz4Da3kdIPo this link has ships, fittings, techniques. I always refer back to this but I've moved beyond some of the content.
4. The toptiertactics guide tells you about the mini game. In high sec sites hacking minesweeper is easy. In the nastiest sites you need to understand how all the mini game mechanics work. Generally explore the minigame around the edges and find any power ups or the objective. The hidden nodes are not worth clicking except as last resort, they may have something beneficial but often there's something hostile that will completely gently caress your hack. There are a few youtube videos of people hacking high end sites and there's a few clues as to how they approach the hack.

e: Also you need to look up ghost sites incase you come across them, same with sleeper caches. It's kind of hilarious when you explode in an exploration frigate, but if you were correctly buffer tanked it would be such an issue.

Devian666 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 6, 2016

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Devian666 posted:

1. If you aren't doing combat the astero is fine. However if you want to run sleeper data sites or 6/10 ded plexes the stratios is a brutal death machine. An example shield buffer tank video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlri9_Pz90

Is that... a Sentry Shield Dual Prop Stratios? What the gently caress?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

nessin posted:

MWD to beat other site runners to loot/gates, AB to orbit and throw off rat tracking w/o additional sig bloom beyond the LSEs and shield rigs? dunno, seems a little weird since he never used the AB at all

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

nessin posted:

Oh god I haven't watched the things yet, but I did read the things, and thank you btw Mr. 666, I appreciate the effort post.

Are you serious? Doesn't that make it like a 2 slot tank because of the Code breaker or analyzer?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
[ASK] Me about my losses to loving shield stratioses though. That was the most expensive train from rattlesnake to carrier in history.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

nessin posted:

It probably has a heap of shield extender rigs to create a huge shield buffer. A buffer that large would be enough for 6/10 DED provided the ship is flown correctly.

I'm not sure if the mechanic still applies anymore but in the past mwd didn't work in deadspace complexes so ab was needed to speed up completion.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Oodles posted:

What's the current optimum for PI? I need super no touch.

I've got three planets just now churning out T2 stuff, using launch pads rather than storage bays.

I'm not sure how much you should cycle, or willing to, daily can get a bit clicky, but it's not so bad, I think you can max out cycle time per extractor to 14 days. Evemon helps because it pops up reminders outside of the game when your extractors stop.

Currently doing rocket fuel here, haven't sold a full batch yet, will give feedback once done.

I normally go Extractor > Storage > Processor > Storage and then expedite to launch pad.

Bare minimum skills I'd say Command Center upgrades to IV Planetary Consolidation to IV and the survey skill at I at least. But I'm no pro at this someone else might need to chime in here.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

nigga crab pollock posted:

theyre still good. daredevils are still great theyre just... daredevils

dramiels are still good but garmurs are safer and do more damage theyre almost strictly better

My impression is that Garmurs need links to really work well, though, whereas a Dramiel can run an active tank without links and still do okay.

I cannot wait for off-grid boosting to finally die.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

My impression is that Garmurs need links to really work well, though, whereas a Dramiel can run an active tank without links and still do okay.

I cannot wait for off-grid boosting to finally die.

not really. an overheated t2 scram is 16.2km range which means no one (assuming no hull bonuses, faction gear, or boosts) can web you without being inside of your scram for 3km or scram you without being inside your scrambler for 6km. 3/6km doesn't seem like that much but if the garmur is burning away and forcing you to chase, you'll probably only be gaining half a km a second at max (if at all laffo)

Damps are really good for chasing down garmurs though. 3 unbonused damps get a garmur down to only 11km lock range which effectively nullifies his giant scram range bonus. Its still kinda tricky though as you need to 1) have tackle that can go faster than a garmur/damp that can keep up 2) tackle has to live while getting an initial long point, if you damp before then he'll just nope the gently caress out and warp off. With implants/boosts/pimp fit though it gets kind of insane.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 6, 2016

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

bluegoon posted:

I'm not sure how much you should cycle, or willing to, daily can get a bit clicky, but it's not so bad, I think you can max out cycle time per extractor to 14 days. Evemon helps because it pops up reminders outside of the game when your extractors stop.

Currently doing rocket fuel here, haven't sold a full batch yet, will give feedback once done.

I normally go Extractor > Storage > Processor > Storage and then expedite to launch pad.

Bare minimum skills I'd say Command Center upgrades to IV Planetary Consolidation to IV and the survey skill at I at least. But I'm no pro at this someone else might need to chime in here.

On an average PI alt, I had every skill at IV, except for Remote Sensing at III. I never trained Customs Code Expertise as I did all my PI in nullsec space.

Command Center Upgrades at IV allowed me to do a 4 basic factory/2 advanced factory/2 extractor heads/launchpad set up on each of my planets, to pump out P2 products such as Enriched Uranium, Miniature Electronics, and alternatively Coolant or Rocket Fuel. (I haven't played in a little while, but those products were usually the most profitable when I did.) Training it to V would allow me to do 6 basic/3 advanced, which I didn't think was worth it after trying it out on a single alt.

Training Interplanetary Consolidation on a PI alt to V was a much better investment, as an extra planet is the most profitable thing to train for.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

nigga crab pollock posted:

Showing my relative newbie status here but didn't CCP nerf the Dramiel and Cynabal because they were so dominant right before introducing the Garmur and Orthrus which were even more ridiculous?

That makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever which is why I believe it.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Morris posted:

Showing my relative newbie status here but didn't CCP nerf the Dramiel and Cynabal because they were so dominant right before introducing the Garmur and Orthrus which were even more ridiculous?

That makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever which is why I believe it.

yes they did and yes fozzie is a complete idiot. The engagement profile of an auto cynabal was max 30km, both for tackle range and dps range. The orthrus is that +50% more with bonuses that make it impossible for a solo ship to catch it unless its a turbo aspie fit whos sole purpose is running down an orthrus.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 6, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I had an idea to buff target painters by making them a kind of reverse nano fiber. On top of increasing sig, make them increase align time and reduce max speed. An ability to slightly, slightly reduce nano retards max speed would be super cool. Something around 7-9% speed reduction would be cool, and have it stacking penalized with webs.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 6, 2016

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

bluegoon posted:

I'm running one character with command upgrades III and planetary consolidation III. That's just running in high sec so the returns aren't great (also not optimal setup either) but they give me a few million a day.

I've got an alt training at the moment that I'll send into a wormhole that should yield quite a bit. Commend centre upgrades to III seems to be enough to produce a P2 at very least.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Reverand maynard posted:

not really. an overheated t2 scram is 16.2km range which means no one (assuming no hull bonuses, faction gear, or boosts) can web you without being inside of your scram for 3km or scram you without being inside your scrambler for 6km. 3/6km doesn't seem like that much but if the garmur is burning away and forcing you to chase, you'll probably only be gaining half a km a second at max (if at all laffo)

Damps are really good for chasing down garmurs though. 3 unbonused damps get a garmur down to only 11km lock range which effectively nullifies his giant scram range bonus. Its still kinda tricky though as you need to 1) have tackle that can go faster than a garmur/damp that can keep up 2) tackle has to live while getting an initial long point, if you damp before then he'll just nope the gently caress out and warp off. With implants/boosts/pimp fit though it gets kind of insane.

Thanks for the great explanation. I hadn't realized that!

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Reverand maynard posted:

yes they did and yes fozzie is a complete idiot. The engagement profile of an auto cynabal was max 30km, both for tackle range and dps range. The orthrus is that +50% more with bonuses that make it impossible for a solo ship to catch it unless its a turbo aspie fit whos sole purpose is running down an orthrus.

this is one of my fav fits because it goes 3.3k cold, will smear anything small across its windshield and costs like 70m

[Scythe Fleet Issue, warpspeed]
Damage Control II
Overdrive Injector System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Overdrive Injector System II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 400
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Warp Scrambler II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Light Missile
[empty high slot]

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x5

its not a super great counter to them, but anyone flying an orthrus is going to think twice about the engagement w something like this trying to tackle it. yeah it'll scram you and kill you solo but the idea is to just bum rush em before they even have a chance to react, and you can easily get above 5k overheated with links

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 7, 2016

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
Dropping the invul and going double large ASBs will let you tank around 390dps for as long as you have charges by alternating the boosters. That might be a better choice if you're chasing down an Orthrus that's probably doing around 400dps before drones.

That said, the Orthrus is dumb. With links a t2 scram reaches to 21km, so you're counting on piloting error to actually close the 7km difference before you can apply your link-boosted scram.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Reposting from unchill thread:

The really dumb thing was that somehow I had "auto track" on despite not enabling it. So for the first 20 mins in the new patch I had to deal with the dumb camera swinging from object to object.

Why have that at all :cripes:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

The really dumb thing was that somehow I had "auto track" on despite not enabling it. So for the first 20 mins in the new patch I had to deal with the dumb camera swinging from object to object.

Why have that at all :cripes:

It's really useful for certain activities? Like mega useful.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

It's really useful for certain activities? Like mega useful.

Fair enough. I just found it super dumb and annoying.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Fair enough. I just found it super dumb and annoying.

If you ever dscan anything its amazing

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Level 5 Mission question for someone out there, how difficult are the missions with other fighters? (Stray Carrier, Light's Out, etc...) I can't find any list that recommends doing them but not why so I'm wondering if NPC fighters are a huge problem or if it's something else entirely?

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

nessin posted:

Level 5 Mission question for someone out there, how difficult are the missions with other fighters? (Stray Carrier, Light's Out, etc...) I can't find any list that recommends doing them but not why so I'm wondering if NPC fighters are a huge problem or if it's something else entirely?

They're probably just not good for blitzing

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://zkillboard.com/kill/55048620/

server ticks are not so much rules as they are guidelines

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 11, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

server ticks are so much rules as they are guidelines

ouch

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

server ticks are so much rules as they are guidelines

Lag kills.

On the opposite end of the spectrum: I hosed up while cloak+mwding out of a bubble and the sabre didn't have a long point. It feels drat good to escape like that.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Whelped ~400mil today testing ways I could clear a combat site wave that has a dread on it.

Gila is a nope.

Myrmidon is so close, but if you bounce off a rock (pirate gate havens) or the dread decides to use its AB, you're dead.

I guess I'll have to use a t3c.

Side note: Does anyone know what dps the npc dreads are doing? Sansha is particular?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FranktheBank posted:

Whelped ~400mil today testing ways I could clear a combat site wave that has a dread on it.

Gila is a nope.

Myrmidon is so close, but if you bounce off a rock (pirate gate havens) or the dread decides to use its AB, you're dead.

I guess I'll have to use a t3c.

Side note: Does anyone know what dps the npc dreads are doing? Sansha is particular?

well once you engage the drones you can pull range out to 249 km and the drones will continue to engage.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Reverand maynard posted:

well once you engage the drones you can pull range out to 249 km and the drones will continue to engage.

Are these with sentries? With Heavies, once i hit about 65km, rats will aggro my drones.

Also, the dread can hit out to ~400km

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FranktheBank posted:

Are these with sentries? With Heavies, once i hit about 65km, rats will aggro my drones.

Also, the dread can hit out to ~400km

Any drone, once you have engaged them on a target, will continue to shoot that target until the drone ship and the target move 250km or more away from one another. So yes it works with sentries but the target still take into effect their own optimal and falloff in regards to whether they actually do damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

Any drone, once you have engaged them on a target, will continue to shoot that target until the drone ship and the target move 250km or more away from one another. So yes it works with sentries but the target still take into effect their own optimal and falloff in regards to whether they actually do damage.

Then the issue still falls under the first part, if you get too far away from the rats, the rats will attack the drones.

• Locked thread