Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Party Plane Jones posted:

I broke character to intimidate the gently caress out of the bodyguards, saying 'Here's how this is going to go. I'm going to kill anybody who points a gun at me. Every. Last. One.'

Then Kent basically vanished right after I completed the quest so I could never get my shroud armor updated.

I saved Kent but the bastard still hasn't upped Silver Shroud Radio or given me an upgrade after a few months despite saying he would. Maybe because I did the quest at 49 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I noticed after adding some mods to a gun the amount of ap it took in vats went up. Is there a tell tale stat that affects the amount of ap so I can tweak it back?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

I noticed after adding some mods to a gun the amount of ap it took in vats went up. Is there a tell tale stat that affects the amount of ap so I can tweak it back?

Isn't there some relationship with weight?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Ironslave posted:

I saved Kent but the bastard still hasn't upped Silver Shroud Radio or given me an upgrade after a few months despite saying he would. Maybe because I did the quest at 49 or something.

There are some set levels he upgrades it at, and I think the last is 45, so that is probably why. You should already have the best version.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

I might be completely wrong, but I believe it is tied to the weight of the gun. The mods that increase weight increase AP usage.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Can you do anything about the snitchin' merchants like Trashcan Carla?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

So has anybody else encountered that one guy (I think his name's Ash or some other three-letter name) who gets into a fight with his (presumably synth) doppelganger? I've ran into him twice, both times in or around Bunker Hill, and it's weird because the first time it happened the one that won the fight was like "that guy stole my face!" except the guy he killed had muscles and bones and bled blood. Then later I stumbled across him again and accidentally aggroed him when I mistook him or his doppelganger for a raider, both of them were out in the middle of nowhere on a deserted street shooting at each other.

Yeah, I talked the one with the gun down and the synth one was like ''Now I gotta dig 2 graves'' and pulled out a gun and started shooting.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

ravenkult posted:

Put her in the dirt.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

ravenkult posted:

Wait, what? Good thing I'm not at all one to bitch about spoilers (rather, I appreciate the head's up).

drat it, Carla. After all those shipments of circuitry or ceramic or whatever it was I used you for. Why you gotta make it end this way?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
One of the ghoul guards in good neighbor asked if I was scared of his "costume". I didn't understand what his deal was until I looked at the ingame date and saw that it was Oct 31.

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Wait, what? Good thing I'm not at all one to bitch about spoilers (rather, I appreciate the head's up).

drat it, Carla. After all those shipments of circuitry or ceramic or whatever it was I used you for. Why you gotta make it end this way?

Spoiler I guess but I don't really consider it one; A terminal in the institute lists every caravan merchant as a source of info on escaped synths. Though this could just mean the Institute knows they can pay them to get info on any travelers they've seen, rather than them intentionally selling out synths.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
What's with the melee weapons not being "silenced" for Mr. Sandman? The drat icon for the perk shows you using a knife.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Isn't there some relationship with weight?

BurritoJustice posted:

I might be completely wrong, but I believe it is tied to the weight of the gun. The mods that increase weight increase AP usage.

Thats what I thought but it was a pipe pistol, and I have a 10mm pistol that weighs more and I can get 5 or 6 shots in one full vats session. With the pipe pistol, I could only get maybe 2. I did add a proper scope to the pipe pistol so I could zoom in. I feel that may have been the cause because most rifles take up that much ap, and they usually have scopes on them.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Internet Kraken posted:

One of the ghoul guards in good neighbor asked if I was scared of his "costume". I didn't understand what his deal was until I looked at the ingame date and saw that it was Oct 31.

Spoiler I guess but I don't really consider it one; A terminal in the institute lists every caravan merchant as a source of info on escaped synths. Though this could just mean the Institute knows they can pay them to get info on any travelers they've seen, rather than them intentionally selling out synths.

Fair enough--I've managed to miss that this whole time.

It's almost vaguely Shakespearean--almost level 50 and I've been favoring her as a vendor just because the game kind of recognizes her first name as Trashcan and I think that's great.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Seashell Salesman posted:

What's with the melee weapons not being "silenced" for Mr. Sandman? The drat icon for the perk shows you using a knife.

The icon for pickpocket also shows you picking a lock.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Protons posted:

The icon for pickpocket also shows you picking a lock.

I'm pretty sure it shows you holding a (pad)lock while pickpocketing the key from someone?

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
I looted half a T-51 armor set a while ago, and was wondering when I'd find some more parts for it. Then I saw somewhere that the National Guard Training Camp has a second power armour stashed away (one being in the armoury and hard to miss), in the shipping containers behind the camp. It had a full T-51 set for me, with fully charged core. Noice.

Then I went on an adventure with Cait to Vault 95 from Red Rocket, and somewhere along the way I came across a stupid Gunner commander ... In T-60 armour :allears:

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Is there a magazine rack I can build - that'll allow me to place magazines?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Ugh, tried building a Scrooge McDuck money pool, but I was barely able to fill it 1/3rd the way before I was reduced to sub-1 FPS. gently caress you Gamebryo, if you can't handle 10,000 Pre-War Monies rubbing against each other then what good are you?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

de_dust posted:

Is there a magazine rack I can build - that'll allow me to place magazines?

Mhm. Furniture -> Containers (?) -> shelves, I think? From my experience you're best off with the metal spinning rack because the alternative is net to impossible to organize.

e: maybe it is just furniture -> shelves.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Nov 25, 2015

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Ok honestly, where's the workshop on Spectacle island? Because I already enabled that alarm thing that drives off the Mirelurks (and a visit before that, I already killed the Queen and other poo poo.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Who is the genius that decided that the chameleon effect makes you not be able to aim properly? I also have trouble accessing my Pip Boy screen when in stealth, it either has a bright green bloom around all the words or my character looks at his wrist and sees through it to the ground.

One of the first mods I am going to install will be a fix to this problem.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Once again another settlement had turned on one of their own and shot him dead. He also had synth parts in the inventory. This is turning into a strange pattern

logger posted:

Who is the genius that decided that the chameleon effect makes you not be able to aim properly? I also have trouble accessing my Pip Boy screen when in stealth, it either has a bright green bloom around all the words or my character looks at his wrist and sees through it to the ground.

One of the first mods I am going to install will be a fix to this problem.
You understand that a pip boy is a computer attached to your arm? And your entire body is supposed to be invisible or close to it?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I accidentally started the quest for Valentine solely be stumbling on the vault and it's so dumb. My only dialogue options with him are to be shocked and afraid that he's a synth "What are you!?" even though I've met several, am working with the railroad, and killed at least a hundred others already. Or talk at length about NPCs I haven't met yet who normally should have sent me on the quest to find him. Or talk about Shaun. This is ridiculous, most other quests I've done so far had an alternative for "I'm just wandering around" or "I've already done that" sort of dialogues. Did they put literally no effort or thought into their story? :sigh:

EDIT: oh and it automatically completes Jewel of the Commonwealth for me even though I haven't been to Diamond City yet, thanks!

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

This is pretty great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ91jo7LcDI

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Seditiar posted:

Ok honestly, where's the workshop on Spectacle island? Because I already enabled that alarm thing that drives off the Mirelurks (and a visit before that, I already killed the Queen and other poo poo.

It's right beside the switch you pulled. Like, RIGHT BESIDE IT. In the same little shack. You literally pull the switch, turn to your right and hit E.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

It's right beside the switch you pulled. Like, RIGHT BESIDE IT. In the same little shack. You literally pull the switch, turn to your right and hit E.

Hm, apparently I missed a step, because I've only done that thing in the boat.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Seditiar posted:

You pull the switch in the boat first to give the system power from the generator, then you walk up to the little shack and pull the actual switch. After that it triggers a mini event and you can start building on the island.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

This is magical. Check out his other videos, they're just as good

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Wait. There's multiple kinds of combat armor? What the gently caress. I just stuck with whatever set I found at 25 or so. Is it better? I just assumed there was only leather, metal, and then synth/combat armor. Did I miss out on a tier of armor?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

You pull the switch in the boat first to give the system power from the generator, then you walk up to the little shack and pull the actual switch. After that it triggers a mini event and you can start building on the island.

Cool, will do that once I have time to play again, thanks!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
You know what this game is missing? Grenade launchers. I just found the Hallucigen building and this place is great and now that I can make these grenades I wish I had a gun that shot them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Seditiar posted:

Follow the power lines

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Nitrox posted:

Once again another settlement had turned on one of their own and shot him dead. He also had synth parts in the inventory. This is turning into a strange pattern

You understand that a pip boy is a computer attached to your arm? And your entire body is supposed to be invisible or close to it?

You understand that functionality is more important in video games than gimmicks? And interfaces are supposed to be easily accessible?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Sankis posted:

Wait. There's multiple kinds of combat armor? What the gently caress. I just stuck with whatever set I found at 25 or so. Is it better? I just assumed there was only leather, metal, and then synth/combat armor. Did I miss out on a tier of armor?

There are Sturdy and Heavy versions of all the armors. You know that loading screen where it shows a gunner in combat armor that doesn't look like the stuff you wear? That's cause it's the Heavy variant.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Turns out if you sneak around the BOS airship and kill non-uniques stealthily you are still allied with them. The moment you kill someone named however you get marked hostile.

Also you can get infinite fusion cores if you yank them out of the patrolling power armor dudes. You sneak steal their core, they hop out and then hop right back in and if you check their inventory again they'll suddenly have another core. You can keep doing this.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Fusion Cores are so drat plentiful in this game I have no idea why they even included them as a necessity for your power armor. I climbed into a suit of t60 at 20, and only got out to get into a suit of shark x-01 at 35. And then to install a jetpack (also build a jetpack as soon as possible; wonderful thing).

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Sankis posted:

See here:

http://imgur.com/gallery/LdWH0

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Ironslave posted:

Fusion Cores are so drat plentiful in this game I have no idea why they even included them as a necessity for your power armor. I climbed into a suit of t60 at 20, and only got out to get into a suit of shark x-01 at 35. And then to install a jetpack (also build a jetpack as soon as possible; wonderful thing).

Yeah I honestly wonder what the gently caress was wrong with me for walking around with Tesla Armor. Jet Pack is so much better and the game throws enough cores at you that you can basically sprint and fly around while never letting your Gatling Laser cool down.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Armor/underclothes bother me in this game. Some underclothes cause your armor to become huge and bulging and sometimes cause clipping (check the difference between Army Fatigues and the Vault Suit with combat armor). And your Vault Suit is the only one whose collar shows up in your power armor.

I get obsessive over minor aesthetic details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Never leave your power armor. Problem fixed.

• Locked thread