Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah you go there if you want elemental weapons, they have all the different types but it’s random. There’s also an EX chest hiding in the ground, phantom helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Okay then I will keep plugging away at it. It's difficult as heck in master mode.

E: oh the elemental stuff only shows up after I've beaten all the divine beasts too.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 24, 2021

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Oh bloody hell I was just there, murked the lynel and hosed off afterwards without bothering to check anything else.

This is stupid but what the hell are all the ex chests? I bought the extra dlc when I started this new game on a whim.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
There's one on the plateau that has a Nintendo switch tunic in it. It's by the eastern ruins on top of a wall.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Extra gear that's helpful in the early game for free stat boosts, but less useful later since they can't be upgraded.

Also, a mask that shakes when Koroks are near, a custom teleport point, and horse armor that lets your horse teleport to you when you call.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
The EX dlc chests are kinda fun to hunt down. There’s a few really cool things in there, but the big weakness is the EX armor pieces can’t be upgraded. I’d love the switch shirt, but it kinda comes down to only Majoras mask being useful.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Moose-Alini posted:

The EX dlc chests are kinda fun to hunt down. There’s a few really cool things in there, but the big weakness is the EX armor pieces can’t be upgraded. I’d love the switch shirt, but it kinda comes down to only Majoras mask being useful.

I wanted to have the Tingle suit be just as powerful as the Ancient Armor, damnit :mad:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Moose-Alini posted:

it kinda comes down to only Majoras mask being useful.

I disagree. Due to how I played I didn't get the Barbarian gear for a long while, and the Phantom set has the same attack boost as well as starting out with a defense of 8 rather than 3 like the Barbarian set, so until I could get it upgraded Phantom was the way to go.

The lobster shirt also provides a level of heat resistance which is nice if you want to gently caress around in the desert for a while before you try to go into Gerudo Town, as all the other heat resistant gear is either in the town itself or from doing the sidequest to try and get in. Since I came into the desert from the labyrinth to the east rather than the northeast path, it was nice to have the lobster shirt so I could explore a bit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The EX chests can be fun to track down just using the clues in the quest description. Most of them are buried in the ground and you need magnesis to see them. A few are sunk in water.

Honestly though? Don’t be afraid to just google their locations up if you’re stuck. Some are hard to find even looking it up online.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The EX chests were one of the most fun things in the game for me, I really enjoyed trying to track down the specific area they were in from the limited clues you're given. Yeah, some are too tough, but it was always rewarding when I managed to find one entirely on my own.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
this marketing vid they just put is funny as hell for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3hwzFX_j4s

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
My single issue with the EX stuff is that it gives you more clothes than you can actually hold in your inventory between them and the base game stuff which is the stupidest loving thing.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

track day bro! posted:

Oh bloody hell I was just there, murked the lynel and hosed off afterwards without bothering to check anything else.

This is stupid but what the hell are all the ex chests? I bought the extra dlc when I started this new game on a whim.

The quests you get from the DLC (in Adventure Log) give you hints of where the books that give you hints for the individual items are, which are usually serviceable if you're familiar with the landmarks, but if not the various wikis have locations for all the individual pieces. Other posters have already covered most of the highlights.

Zore posted:

My single issue with the EX stuff is that it gives you more clothes than you can actually hold in your inventory between them and the base game stuff which is the stupidest loving thing.

Only if you get, like, all of the Amiibo outfits too.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Zore posted:

What?? I've been working on collecting all the armors and assumed I'd be able to hold everything.

The Golux posted:

Only if you get, like, all of the Amiibo outfits too.

Oh okay, I don't have those so I hope I'm good.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Baggot posted:

What?? I've been working on collecting all the armors and assumed I'd be able to hold everything.

Oh okay, I don't have those so I hope I'm good.

Yeah, you have 100 slots total (5 pages) and without the Amiibos and with the DLC you get like 81 unique armor pieces iirc.

Amiibos take that up to 107 which suuuuucks.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

There's that much Amiibo armor? Now I'm curious what they are.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Baggot posted:

There's that much Amiibo armor? Now I'm curious what they are.

$15 for all of them:

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Breath-Portable-Leather-Awaking/dp/B07YVK1258/

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Zore posted:

Yeah, you have 100 slots total (5 pages) and without the Amiibos and with the DLC you get like 81 unique armor pieces iirc.

Amiibos take that up to 107 which suuuuucks.

You can flog off ones you don't like to whatsisname in Tarrey Town and buy them back if you change your mind, at least.

The only amiibo armour worth having is the Fierce Deity set though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

The EX chests were one of the most fun things in the game for me, I really enjoyed trying to track down the specific area they were in from the limited clues you're given. Yeah, some are too tough, but it was always rewarding when I managed to find one entirely on my own.

I found majora's mask today after my son said "let's go check out this island" and it was the biggest drat news of the week in our house.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That’s adorable.

My favorite amiibo armor is the Legend of Zelda tunic from the 8-bit Link amiibo. Makes me super nostalgic for the original artwork.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Gats Akimbo posted:

You can flog off ones you don't like to whatsisname in Tarrey Town and buy them back if you change your mind, at least.

The only amiibo armour worth having is the Fierce Deity set though.

Skyward Sword set or bust :colbert:

Honestly I really loved that look and was super sad Smash 4 kept the TP look over it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've completely forgotten to do anything with amiibos any time I've played. I have a few to check out, Toon Link & Zelda, TP Link, and 8-bit Link I believe.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Dude you're about to get bolted by lightning!"

"Yeah but we just got the rubber armor, I trust it!"

Children are so great.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

If you have the full set it at least protects some, doesn't it? I know you need the thunder crown to actually no-sell lightning.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The rubber set will also no-sell lightning if you upgrade it enough for the set bonus.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The Golux posted:

If you have the full set it at least protects some, doesn't it? I know you need the thunder crown to actually no-sell lightning.

what we discovered is that it protects you but you're still down to 1/4 of a heart and have to restore some hearts if you don't want to die soon.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lCLG2hFDwM

night slime
May 14, 2014
Don't believe it. He could have easily cheated with the innovative dual screen Wii U GamePad and a scene switch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is there any reason he's even playing on the Wii U?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There are Korok seeds where you have to remove the apples from the tree so it matches the other two…

:psyduck: How the hell do people figure this out without a guide?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hah, I discovered that one accidentally! I needed apples so I climbed the tree with more of them and started grabbing apples, then some smoke puffed, a little jingle played, and the Korok popped out.

Took me a bit more to figure out WHY it had happened, but if you look around and pay attention to your surroundings you can probably figure out a lot of Korok puzzles.

As to finding all of them, yeah good luck without looking up a guide, but fortunately you only need about half of them to max out all your equipment slots and the little bastards are everywhere.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If you gently caress one of those apple tree puzzles up will they reset at the blood moon or is there another time cycle that determines that?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

If you gently caress one of those apple tree puzzles up will they reset at the blood moon or is there another time cycle that determines that?

Blood moon will definitely but I’m pretty sure it will reset with distance. Run far enough away and come back and it’s probably reset. Maybe.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.
As I recall foodstuffs like apples regenerate at some randomized rate that’s much faster than blood moons. No need to wait for a blood moon to zip back to faron tower and re-up on durians for example.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I was just out running around and saw three trees in a row, assumed it probably had to be a korok, and noticed that two trees had one apple and the third had more. So I just went, hey, maybe if I make them all look the same it'll appear, and it did.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Scenes from A Dumb Adventure Part II

https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1409239699609116680?s=20

https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1409240047195344897?s=20

https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1409240627154391047?s=20

https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1409241447044247556?s=20

https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1409240740123734017?s=20

https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1409241758450421763?s=20

https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1409241134774116353?s=20

https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1409241902872813569?s=20

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was just out running around and saw three trees in a row, assumed it probably had to be a korok, and noticed that two trees had one apple and the third had more. So I just went, hey, maybe if I make them all look the same it'll appear, and it did.
I think this is what I did. If I see three trees by themselves all lined up like that in a Zelda game, I'm going to assume there's a puzzle of some kind.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Like half of all Korok puzzles amount to "see a pattern and then complete the symmetry." So if you see something that looks even vaguely unnatural, try to figure out the pattern and then bam, Korok!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

There are Korok seeds where you have to remove the apples from the tree so it matches the other two…

:psyduck: How the hell do people figure this out without a guide?

Also cactus fyi

The only type I didn't figure out on my own are the horse jumping three fences type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I think you're supposed to use a bomb arrow ::p