Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The only trouble I've been having has been the second boss in Sohr Kai. That loving horse...:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SirPhoebos posted:

The only trouble I've been having has been the second boss in Sohr Kai. That loving horse...:argh:

Quasar is stunnable, and should be stunned. When it flies up into the air, getting hit will punt you to the left/right, put yourself up against a wall and not an open gap. Put the cloud away from intact walls and overlapping open gaps.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
someone explain to me what diadem is and why it sucks

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Quasar is stunnable, and should be stunned. When it flies up into the air, getting hit will punt you to the left/right, put yourself up against a wall and not an open gap. Put the cloud away from intact walls and overlapping open gaps.

Getting hit if you're in the center does a lot more damage, knocks you up, and inflicts Vuln Up on you.

The clouds are the main issue. If you're all relatively near the boss and he's at one end of the area, stick the cloud on the edge behind the tank (the horse doesn't cleave.) If you're ranged at way the heck far away, stick it at the far edge. NEVER stick the cloud in the middle, that's where all the problems happen.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

General Morden posted:

Imagine a hunt group stamping on a dinosaur face forever

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

General Morden posted:

Imagine doing boss fate strength monsters for 60-90 minutes straight

If that sounds fun then I am pleased to present Diadem!

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Tortolia posted:

Imagine doing boss fate strength monsters for 60-90 minutes straight

If that sounds fun then I am pleased to present Diadem!

Now imagine that you queued as a gatherer and just get to chill out with other gatherers and shoot the poo poo while those dom/dow players get mad in /shout chat.

edit: oh and make $$$$$$ while doing it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

If I remember right there are diadem only gathering items as well, it's really dull if you're running as DD.
Sorta like Aquapolis if you don't care about gil and the map haver called all the items.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

staplegun posted:

Now imagine that you queued as a gatherer and just get to chill out with other gatherers and shoot the poo poo while those dom/dow players get mad in /shout chat.

edit: oh and make $$$$$$ while doing it

Now imagine that those gatherers queued as DoW/DoM, and then hosed off as soon as they loaded in, rolling on all the loot coming from people grinding those boss monsters while doing jack poo poo.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davoren posted:

So if I understand race chocobo breeding correctly, the stats themselves don't matter as much as the maximums, so there's no point in not retiring my first chocobo when it hits 40?

Yeah. Also your chocobo's star distributions are never, ever used when it comes down to breeding, only their parents. Your chocobo as it is is never taken into account.

Also since no 3 stars can ever become a 4 stars, try to overvalue the amount of 4 stars in a covering permission rather than the sum of all stars.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think at this point, Diadem should be done as gatherers only. Grab 7 others, queue into easy mode, get the currents and then do whatever you want.

Edit: I suppose there's still some value converting mistbreak stuff into spoils too.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Rafza posted:

aether manip is one of BLM's best skills, who the hell forgets about it

I don't play BLM much but I never got to use it since everyone else is slower.

You should use it all the time though. Same with Shoulder Tackle, Shukuchi, and the drk closer.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope diadem comes back for (one out of many ways to do ) a relic step because I still need the pegasus mount but I missed the train because queueing for an hour and a half was hell

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Just a reminder that if you want to grab the Hatchling Earring you have until, and I am going to quote, "Thursday, July 6, 2016 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)" to grab them before the Itinerant Moogle wanders off back to wherever bored Gridanian Moogles hang out.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Supposedly we're in for a major diadem revamp in the future. I forget if it's supposed to be this patch cycle or not though.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Thanks for the chocobo answers guys, time to retire Danseur Royale to a life of fuckin'. For a gutter chocobo he did pretty well, rank 40 and only 'lost' two races, but always came in the top three. :love:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
What does "faceroll" mean? Also, Diadem sounds like a boss rush. What's wrong with that?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It means something is brainlessly easy, the implication being that you can roll your face on the keyboard and win.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
What is minimum gather skill needed for Diadem?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

What does "faceroll" mean? Also, Diadem sounds like a boss rush. What's wrong with that?

Boss rushes typically involve a variety of different bosses with different strategies needed. This is just big sacks of HP with virtually no variety in attacks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
So many dinosaurs hurling comets..

Griz
May 21, 2001

Kortel posted:

What is minimum gather skill needed for Diadem?

level 56 to see the nodes and 516 perception for HQ

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Tortolia posted:

Boss rushes typically involve a variety of different bosses with different strategies needed. This is just big sacks of HP with virtually no variety in attacks.

Not that you could see them back in the day because the standard hunt problem of 72 people all clowning on things meant you just hammered on buttons and hoped for the best while mysterious things happened.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Today I jumped into the white room as monk to save our healer from a tether that wasn't getting picked up. I even lived through it! Man, I wish we had cleared on that pull. :negative:

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

A6 is a boss rush. Diadem is just stomping the same mob until you're out of time.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Now that the US maid/butler outfit promo has ended, where's the EU promo, Square? :argh:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Cancelled due to Brexit. :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Now that the US maid/butler outfit promo has ended, where's the EU promo, Square? :argh:

Probably loving never.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Xenoveritas posted:

Just a reminder that if you want to grab the Hatchling Earring you have until, and I am going to quote, "Thursday, July 6, 2016 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)" to grab them before the Itinerant Moogle wanders off back to wherever bored Gridanian Moogles hang out.

Ahhhhhhh crap

I knew there was something I was supposed to do last night

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

I had steady hand up for all of them

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Hivac posted:

Found your problem: you didn't use Steady Hand II.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hivac posted:

Now imagine this but you're doing with about a million+ in mats. Welcome to endgame crafting! :smithicide:

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

SwissArmyDruid posted:

:wtc: I did not know that was stunable.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Unknown Quantity posted:

Found your problem: you didn't use Steady Hand II.

I'll get back to you when my crafters aren't all in the 20s

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Welcome to Crafting Hell, where everything requires 2 gatherers, 3 other crafters, random mob drops and five trips to the duty/raid finder.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

TheShadowAvatar posted:

:wtc: I did not know that was stunable.

It isn't. I ran it last night to try it out and couldn't interrupt quasar.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hivac posted:

I'll get back to you when my crafters aren't all in the 20s
You probably don't want to level them equally - Careful Synthesis II and Steady Hand II are so drat useful that everything else should take a backseat.

That's assuming you're leveling by leve (and Ixal quest at edit: 40), though.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 6, 2016

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It isn't. I ran it last night to try it out and couldn't interrupt quasar.

Nor does Silence/Pacify work with PLD. So I don't know where they got the idea you can interrupt it from.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have literally never seen the stun icon appear on that boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Fister Roboto posted:

I have literally never seen the stun icon appear on that boss.

Tried Shoulder Tackle and Mythril Peak last night, didn't stun

• Locked thread