Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

chicken is good

lets all have a silent moment to honor all the chickens who give their lives to become fuel for our beautiful bodies

Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Grace

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

fitness jokes are so cool

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
I need to start making my lunch at work more than 3 days/week

I'm having to resort to microwave curries which I am going to kill myself if I have again

Today I'm having a yoghurt, cheese and a banana. send help (and food)

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Low bar squatting is extremely good it turns out. Even if you have a baby torso and giant hips/femurs.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm eating Quark for lunch

It's a white paste

google it

It's like yoghurt? But insanely protein rich

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
gently caress dude, why did I never think to eat sub atomic particles. I mean like, gains have to begin somewhere, right?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

Low bar squatting is extremely good it turns out. Even if you have a baby torso and giant hips/femurs.

Isn't that exactly when it's """extremely good"""?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
quark is a real thing

https://www.google.se/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=quark+food&*

It blew up hard in Sweden in the last few years. It was mostly just an obscure food that hardcore gymrats used back then but now it's all over every drat supermarket in a million forms

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

Isn't that exactly when it's """extremely good"""?
When you have really long femurs you need the bar real high up so you can actually hit depth and get those hips back without shifting your weight too far back.

My low bar position is about as high as you can get without it being high bar.

My mobility is poo poo though gonna take a while to get used to it. It's not as bad as starting high bar was, though.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 4, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
no one cares how much you can squat except other gross dudes who love to stare at man rear end

bench and deadlift numbers is all that matters

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Zzulu posted:

no one cares how much you can squat except other gross dudes who love to stare at man rear end

bench and deadlift numbers is all that matters

I can squat 8 inches

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

Wow, didn't realise it was that important

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

Khorne posted:

When you have really long femurs you need the bar real high up so you can actually hit depth and get those hips back without shifting your weight too far back.

My low bar position is about as high as you can get without it being high bar.

My mobility is poo poo though gonna take a while to get used to it. It's not as bad as starting high bar was, though.

i just squat wider and angle my feet more

gently caress my gay rear end long femurs

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm a vegetarian weightlifter so I will never know the joy of salami gains or eating a whole chicken like a cro-magnon

Instead I will just shovel various forms of dairy down my gullet 24/7

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I did 4 plates on bench for the first time ever and now I will start dietting because it took becoming a 260lb blob to be able to do it.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

E_P posted:

I did 4 plates on bench for the first time ever and now I will start dietting because it took becoming a 260lb blob to be able to do it.

:allears:

It's me. I'm the lifting nerd that you have impressed with your numbers.

Good work EP

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm a vegetarian weightlifter so I will never know the joy of salami gains or eating a whole chicken like a cro-magnon

same, except i stopped eating dairy so now it's a bunch of oats and soy milk

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
im ready 2 begin my training

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

MikeCrotch posted:

this is the saddest thing i've ever read

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

E_P posted:

4 plates on each side? what's that in kilograms

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zzulu posted:

4 plates on each side? what's that in kilograms

185ish

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
thasts strong

youre stron!g

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Defiant Sally posted:

I'm still working on finding the cause of my hypothyroidism and 50 year old man test. The doctor I spoke to tonight seemed genuinely interested in addressing my concerns rather than just thinking im seeking prescribed test, which is a nice change of pace. Like I can get a bottle of T400 for under $50 boys, not here to try and get big.

Yeah, my test was at 236. I had the test of a 90 year man with low T. Based off the rest of the bloodwork, it was my pituitary causing it and not my balls. Clomid puts me up to where I would be with the dose of exogenous test that he can prescribe, and it's cheaper.

also, my AI is like 2 bucks a month. It's great.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

E_P posted:

Almost twice my bench, almost twice my weight.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm a vegetarian weightlifter

Hahahaha

Haaaaahahahaha

*considers adding a person to the ignore list for the first time*

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Gotta go full vegan like clarence to unlock the powers of a wizard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdTc2Gv52uI

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Not a vegetarian myself but it doesn't change your capacity for lifts (eg: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/09/08/vegan_strongman_shoulders_550_kg_a_record_perhaps_at_vegetarian_food_fest.html)

Hence, it doesn't matter what you eat (b/c only what you're injecting matters)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

drat horror queefs posted:

it doesn't matter what you eat put in your mouth (b/c only what you're injecting putting in your rear end matters)

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ham_sanitizer posted:

i just squat wider and angle my feet more

gently caress my gay rear end long femurs
I can't hit depth wide. I squat with my heels almost inside hip width to hit depth it's real not cool. But my hip width is over 18" (~46.5cm for you zzulu)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Thanks mate

*writes down your body measurments in the great goon body measurement tome*

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

I smoke a ton of weed, and thats about to change because my life sucks and I need a better job that doesn't make me want to murder all my coworkers (and do a bunch of drugs). Last time I got sober for an extended period of time I got strong as hell and had feint ab lines.. I am currently stronger than I was then, so maybe I'll have defined abs for the first time ever.

2 weeks ago I went into my gym before 5AM stoned and hosed UP on xanax and proceeded to almost PR my sumo deads, while keeping immaculate form. I don't know how I feel about that statement but its certainly a thing that happened. Definitely shouldn't have been driving that night, BUT I HAD TO LIFT!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im glad of it

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Thank you for your support friend Zzulu. Next pre-workout poop is being dedicated to you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

from my elbow

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Yes, eat more fatty sugar.

Also :wtc:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gotta block in my arm so i cant feel anything.

also cant move my hand so i cant even do The Stranger :/

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

from my elbow

is that the physical manifestation of "weakness leaving your body" that people talk about?

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Constipated posted:

2 weeks ago I went into my gym before 5AM stoned and hosed UP on xanax and proceeded to almost PR my sumo deads, while keeping immaculate form. I don't know how I feel about that statement but its certainly a thing that happened. Definitely shouldn't have been driving that night, BUT I HAD TO LIFT!

Hm. Yes. I too remember the last time I totally scored 100% A++ when hosed up. Here is the documentary evidence: true story bro.

What I'm saying is that everyone should get hosed UP and do some AWESOME poo poo that involves lifting weights. If you die like that lame guy from the link earlier just lol my friends. Just lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Green Crayons posted:

Hm. Yes. I too remember the last time I totally scored 100% A++ when hosed up. Here is the documentary evidence: true story bro.

What I'm saying is that everyone should get hosed UP and do some AWESOME poo poo that involves lifting weights. If you die like that lame guy from the link earlier just lol my friends. Just lol.

My body is a temple, you drug addled junkie