Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Havana Syndrome cause Lib Brain
This poll is closed.
Microwaves to the head 2 2.30%
Mass psychosis caused by lib brain 16 18.39%
Jeb! 23 26.44%
CIA reverse psychology causing Havana Syndrome 6 6.90%
Putin causes Lib Brain via Havana Syndrome 9 10.34%
VOTE! 31 35.63%
THE CIA PUT A CHIP IN MY BRAIN (RIP Norm) 0 0%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

LGD posted:

lol at deciding a convo is over, throwing out a probe exactly equivalent to what was given for unambiguous rape apologia, and then buying an indulgence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Raskolnikov38 posted:

rise of skywalker is the worst and most hilarious because its glaringly obvious jj knew he was hosed before he even started writing the script and his solution was to make the movie move faster than the average person could fully process

it’s such an amazingly lovely story lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Trump was accused of rape and was voted into office and republicans defend him.
Biden was accused of rape and was voted into office and Libs defend him.

Not seeing how he’s wrong.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah because the driving momentum for dem voters is the rape part. gently caress off.

I don't believe democratic party voters are all rape apologists; i just know it wasn't a deal breaker.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

did any libs here justify the Bolivia thing they kinda all mysteriously disappeared for a bit the moment I mentioned it lol

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Judakel posted:

I don't believe democratic party voters are all rape apologists; i just know it wasn't a deal breaker.

It feels like the second bit makes them the first piece.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Bel Shazar posted:

It feels like the second bit makes them the first piece.

:/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Augus posted:

did any libs here justify the Bolivia thing they kinda all mysteriously disappeared for a bit the moment I mentioned it lol

How can anybody justify it is the question, since it was a literal coup and they deserve to rot for it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CYBEReris posted:

i support ham reduction (police abolition)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jazerus posted:

i hereby declare day crew to be over

now is the time of nite crew

kyou wa haba naisu dae

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Augus posted:

brother, people justified a coup in venezuela even as it failed... and they still post in the latin america thread. one's a mod

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Every dollar removed from police funds should be used to fund bacon reserves for the dark future.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I posted in here too much this weekend, I leave you all with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEQyi6eCxWw

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Judakel posted:

At the core of it most aren’t rape apologists and in a vacuum would tell you rape is in fact a dealbreaker. What happens (as with Trump, Kav, or Fairfax) is that they bend themselves into pretzels to dismiss the allegations so they don’t have to deal with the harder part of actually struggling to support the guy their team is putting up, people did the same thing with Kobe and Rothlesberger

It’s important to challenge it in my opinion because if you just let people comfortably explain away the accusations then they never get to the harder part which is actual accountability

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

believability of women re: rape accusations, media clips from CSPAN that make Joe Biden look bad, arguments in favor of the slogan 'defund of police' (asserting the obverse is of course permitted as long as it is not contradicted), arguments that the US was not a force for good in Afghanistan, whether or not 1400 is the same number as 2000, and if a mod is feeling grumpy, food

i miss any?

jokes about hunter biden's military service. :sweatdrop:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I see that Tibalt goes unprobated for just straight up saying Tara Reade is a liar.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sedisp posted:

I see that Tibalt goes unprobated for just straight up saying Tara Reade is a liar.

Link the post. Some of us sleep/have families.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Willa Rogers posted:

he's a veteran of the war on drugs show some respect

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

believability of women re: rape accusations, media clips from CSPAN that make Joe Biden look bad, arguments in favor of the slogan 'defund of police' (asserting the obverse is of course permitted as long as it is not contradicted), arguments that the US was not a force for good in Afghanistan, whether or not 1400 is the same number as 2000, and if a mod is feeling grumpy, food

i miss any?

also russian mind-beams

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Deportations harm the immigrant community and families.

Military Budgets are used to expand the US empire and harm families abroad.

Police Budgets removes money from the local community and places it in the hands of an aggressive force that attacks and harms minorities.

If the Dems are harm reduction, the stats should reflect a reduction across the board (reduced total deportations that exceeds any trend set by a Republican president, reduction in military spending that exceeds trends set by a Republican president, reduction in police spending year on year without an increase)

Does this help?

Nope. Your explanation is still riddled with assumptions. Try harder :)

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Here's my night crew, comrade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xEz-52BDZA

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

saying anything bad about the military while a troopmod is in their feelings has been a pretty consistent ban stretching back to the before-times, though, so it's a bit of a grey area

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

At the core of it most aren’t rape apologists and in a vacuum would tell you rape is in fact a dealbreaker. What happens (as with Trump, Kav, or Fairfax) is that they bend themselves into pretzels to dismiss the allegations so they don’t have to deal with the harder part of actually struggling to support the guy their team is putting up, people did the same thing with Kobe and Rothlesberger

It’s important to challenge it in my opinion because if you just let people comfortably explain away the accusations then they never get to the harder part which is actual accountability

yeah the slippery slope that libs can't seem to be concerned about, at least this one particularly

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Link the post. Some of us sleep/have families.

Tibalt posted:

Considering nobody could collaborate her story or were willing to stake their journalistic reputation on it, I don't think the Tara Reade accusations are credible.

I even reported it when you asked me too lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao that he already changed his avi because he couldnt tolerate the shame.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Sedisp posted:

I even reported it when you asked me too lol

Not to defend the mods but I imagine the reports queue is pretty flooded right now with people venting their general dissatisfaction with this thread existing

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Kalit posted:

Which part of that is assumptions? Or are you doing that thing where life is a quantum event and it is impossible to know the result of anything?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
commie right now:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Not to defend the mods but I imagine the reports queue is pretty flooded right now with people venting their general dissatisfaction with this thread existing

Totally possible it seems weird to have the thread watched enough to know about the rape apologia anger posts and do nothing about the person who kicked it all off though!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't really be mad at the average voter for voting for Biden, because the media did its part to ignore or downplay the accusations, and lots of people were completely in the dark about it.

I can't even be mad at the voters who knew about it and made a moral calculation that Biden was less bad, because the Dem establishment did their part to ensure that Biden was the only viable choice, and to hype up Trump as a uniquely existential threat.

The folks who actively defend it can eat poo poo though. If you doubt Reade's story, you don't need to let everyone know that you think she's a liar. I don't think that those people should be tolerated in D&D.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Judakel posted:

commie right now:

It had to be done.

Look guys, as much as I'm done with the whole "D&D is full of rapists" you got one more page before we close for the weekend. Make the most of it. If we re-open, it'll be under Chil Law next weekend.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kalit posted:

So that’s a “no” to the question of “can you provide proof of harm reduction”.

Any other liberal willing to take up the task? Again if Dems are the clear harm reduction candidate it should be easy to prove.

Please show me stats on the following starting with W

Deportations
Military spending
Police budgets

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Lmao if a sixer upsets you that much.

You're a really bad mod

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is the post I mean. Directed at some people who were talking about their perspective as survivors. I’m normally not too keen on moderation but in this case it was just super bad taste posting and gross

dude had a permaban av last nite & thru some of today but now it's regular kitty jail. :iiam:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I never saw the last Jedi or indeed anything after the force awakens can someone tell me why it was so bad thanks

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

So that’s a “no” to the question of “can you provide proof of harm reduction”.

Any other liberal willing to take up the task? Again if Dems are the clear harm reduction candidate it should be easy to prove.

Please show me stats on the following starting with W

Deportations
Military spending
Police budgets

i put a plus on each one because the harm is being increased via more wasteful expenditure and i dont think the goverment should be allowed to handle money, they're fiscally irresponsible

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

lobster shirt posted:

I never saw the last Jedi or indeed anything after the force awakens can someone tell me why it was so bad thanks

just made no sense op. lots of wasted opportunities.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

Yeah same

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CommieGIR posted:

It had to be done.

Look guys, as much as I'm done with the whole "D&D is full of rapists" you got one more page before we close for the weekend. Make the most of it. If we re-open, it'll be under Chil Law next weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7XtTX7EGM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

dude had a permaban av last nite & thru some of today but now it's regular kitty jail. :iiam:

I think it was just a regular av made to look like that. It said epic high five was the banner and afaik only admins can approve permas