Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Gaius Marius posted:

The land in those refers to the area not the geography.

Greenland absolutely refers to the geography, it's just a lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I was raised in High Falls, near Creekwood

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

There's a town in California called Cool.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

twin peaks

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hell, Michigan

romanowski posted:

it also bothers me that the knight's academy makes their students dress like elves when OoT's explanation for why link dresses like an elf makes more sense because he was raised by actual elves

I like Minish Cap's explanation for why Link dresses like an elf, because he wore a hat bird and I guess everyone in Hyrule thought the hat bird was so cool they started dressing their kids in one.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Zore posted:

There are other islands people live on besides Skyloft, though Skyloft is the population center.

Also catching people who fall off is no joke considering they haven't invented railings and there are a ton of children running around.

There are whole Sky Cities, Skyloft is just the town where the reclusive Hylian cult wound up a generation or two ago.

Lucky for them, because the other sky citizens wound up being turned into repulsive bird monsters.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

maltesh posted:

There are whole Sky Cities, Skyloft is just the town where the reclusive Hylian cult wound up a generation or two ago.

Lucky for them, because the other sky citizens wound up being turned into repulsive bird monsters.

When you're stuck up there with nothing but a load of inbred cousins and a load of chickens the cuccos start to look pretty good...

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

wait, are those hosed up bird people from Twilight Princess in SS as well??

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Muscle Tracer posted:

wait, are those hosed up bird people from Twilight Princess in SS as well??

No, it was just a joke about how they're a separate sky civilization in the series that doesn't appear to have anything to do with Skyloft

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Man I wish they were. It's a travesty that Tingle got to become a creepy recurring character but Ooccoo & co. didn't.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man I wish they were. It's a travesty that Tingle got to become a creepy recurring character but Ooccoo & co. didn't.

That's because Tingle actually has redeeming qualities like being a slave driver.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I forgot those Oococco things existed and I wish I could go back to not knowing they existed

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Those are the weird birds with the human faces and awkward tits with feather nipples right?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

and where the baby is just a head with wings, yes

gently caress they were the best!

night slime
May 14, 2014
https://i.imgur.com/Lw2apVf.mp4

I don't remember this happening to me before...hopefully Iwata reads this thread and celestially nudges a developer into putting it as a mechanic in BOTW2

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

What, enemies setting an animal on fire?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Skyward Sword has my favorite Link/Zelda actual relationship, like it feels developed and real

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Junpei posted:

Skyward Sword has my favorite Link/Zelda actual relationship, like it feels developed and real

Yeah, their interactions at the beginning of the game really sell that they've known each other forever and are super close. Its a fun dynamic that a few other games hint at (Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks) but don't pull off because with the exception of BotW no Zelda gets as much screentime and focus as Skyward Sword Zelda.

night slime
May 14, 2014

The Golux posted:

What, enemies setting an animal on fire?

I've seen them do that but I never saw it immediately run into the barrel like some sort of suicide bomber

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zore posted:

Yeah, their interactions at the beginning of the game really sell that they've known each other forever and are super close. Its a fun dynamic that a few other games hint at (Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks) but don't pull off because with the exception of BotW no Zelda gets as much screentime and focus as Skyward Sword Zelda.

I'm honestly a bit disappointed with the BotW2 trailer looking like it's setting up to shove Zelda in the fridge again, because I'd love to see her get a chance to actually go be Proactive Scientist Zelda in earnest without having to beat her head repeatedly against an ancient prophecy that really wanted her to be Classic Princess Zelda.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It really is kind of sad that the closest we've gotten to a game where we control Zelda are two of the CDI games, the Tower in Spirit Tracks and the two Warriors games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
this is a good trailer, hype is rising, even tho i know better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ZKpsqk6OM

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei posted:

It really is kind of sad that the closest we've gotten to a game where we control Zelda are two of the CDI games, the Tower in Spirit Tracks and the two Warriors games.

She is a powerful Smash Bro and my friend

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Junpei posted:

EDIT: Somehow missed you mentioned Hyrule Warriors.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The trailer just resurfaced the janky Fi harp playing sections that I mentally surpressed

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

this is a good trailer, hype is rising, even tho i know better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ZKpsqk6OM

That's a good-rear end trailer.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Something I appreciate about Skyward Sword is that Ghirahim is just, always around. Like, you have OoT and MM, where Ganondorf and Skull Kid are the direct cause of most of the game's troubles, but hardly ever make personal appearances, and you have stuff like the Nightmare in LA or LttP Ganon, where they're mentioned but don't ever show until the eleventh hour, but Ghirahim is constantly here and he loving hates you, and it's great.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I am playing Ocarina of Time for the first time ever. I completed the deku tree dungeon and found the compass, which claims it shows treasures but I didn't see anything new on my map after I got it (but also I found no other treasures). I started off thinking "IDK why this is supposed to be good" but the deku tree dungeon was fun. The controls are a little jank but it's ok. Playing on the 3ds. I'm going to check out the village before I leave because I didn't loot everything, then it's time to go to hyrule castle.

I thought link was a Hylian, but he's an elf child in the elf village? Maybe his secret lineage will soon be revealed or something.

I only really sort of know ALTTP and BOTW. I tried minish cap and the DS boat one a while ago and bounced off them. A friend speedruns ALTTP so I've seen some of it, and I've played so, so much BOTW.

I have majora's mask too but I looked at release order and it seems OOT is before MM.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina, yes.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2UnkvALVRs

you ever felt the desire to watch 4 hours 40 minutes of crazy oot glitches being explained???

well you should have because this is a great watch

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Amppelix posted:

you ever felt the desire to watch 4 hours 40 minutes of crazy oot glitches being explained???

yes thank you

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm honestly a bit disappointed with the BotW2 trailer looking like it's setting up to shove Zelda in the fridge again, because I'd love to see her get a chance to actually go be Proactive Scientist Zelda in earnest without having to beat her head repeatedly against an ancient prophecy that really wanted her to be Classic Princess Zelda.

That's what Age of Calamity is. Like the entire plot is focused around Zelda and she fills the entire protagonist role and her love of science is what averts the Calamity and saves everyone's lives, while the magical power is a mere stopgap.

I mean it only made me want Zelda to be the protagonist in BotW2 more but still.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Junpei posted:

Zelda gets to be extremely cool in almost literally every spinoff game, including Smash and Cadence of Hyrule. Get the hint already, main Zelda team

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

if eiji aonuma ever attempts to make a main zelda game where link isn't the main character and saving zelda in some capacity, the devil will come to collect his soul as part of the bargain he made when he became the lead zelda guy

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Amppelix posted:

if eiji aonuma ever attempts to make a main zelda game where link isn't the main character and saving zelda in some capacity, the devil will come to collect his soul as part of the bargain he made when he became the lead zelda guy
He already directed Majora's Mask so too late for that.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Aithon posted:

Zelda gets to be extremely cool in almost literally every spinoff game, including Smash and Cadence of Hyrule. Get the hint already, main Zelda team

Man I totally forgot about Cadence

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There still could be a playable or hot swapable Zelda in BOTW2, just may not be ready to show that yet.

But I won’t hold my breath.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

There still could be a playable or hot swapable Zelda in BOTW2, just may not be ready to show that yet.

But I won’t hold my breath.

Only if they make it like the one Castlevania did when you swapped characters.

"Link!!"
"HYAAAH!"
"Link!!"
"HYEET!"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
obviously they're going to have to call it The Legend of Link

ngl I'd be down for an OOT interquel where you play as Zelda/Shiek avoiding Ganon's goons and preparing/waiting for Link to wake up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i’m still going with the theory that you swap between playing as zelda in the underworld and link in the overworld. but I also don’t care about playing as zelda so if that doesn’t happen that’s cool too