Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Get Bravely Default and play until you get the bad ending, then just youtube the real ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

corn in the bible posted:

why wouldnt you just play the pc version

It was ubisoft's first poorly optimized game. It only took them almost 16 years for it to be topped with Assassin's Creed 5

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
besides the best rpg is still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZrZUo6mj8

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Oops, that's on my list of 3DS games to get. New Christmas present, still playing BD and Mario and Layton vs Wright.

But I've played every other Zelda, and it sounds like we all agree there.
You should try to get to it sooner rather than later, Link Between Worlds is pretty much universally praised even by the most curmudgeonly of goons, myself included. It makes nice use of its hardware without getting gratuitous or going overboard and it's got some well thought-out references to games like LttP and OoT without ripping off of them too hard.

Great music, great gameplay, really just great in general. My only real complaint with it is that extremely minor characters turn out to be Sages, so when NPCs start saying, "Hey, what happened to <this guy>?", you're like, "... Who?"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

You should try to get to it sooner rather than later, Link Between Worlds is pretty much universally praised even by the most curmudgeonly of goons, myself included. It makes nice use of its hardware without getting gratuitous or going overboard and it's got some well thought-out references to games like LttP and OoT without ripping off of them too hard.

Great music, great gameplay, really just great in general. My only real complaint with it is that extremely minor characters turn out to be Sages, so when NPCs start saying, "Hey, what happened to <this guy>?", you're like, "... Who?"

what happened to your greenlight game

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

what happened to your greenlight game

i'm waiting for some valve intern to notice that it's in the top 15 games on greenlight

then i can finally fully implement steamworks and poo poo and idk throw down with shalinor and her crew when our games inevitably launch within a week of one another

e: oh top 10 i guess

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 13, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Eddain posted:

Get Bravely Default and play until you get the bad ending, then just youtube the real ending.

You'll miss out on a huge number of the best fights in Bravely Default if you only Youtube the good ending.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

You'll miss out on a huge number of the best fights in Bravely Default if you only Youtube the good ending.

I'm an insufferable completionist. Knowing what's in store I'm still going for the RIGHT ending. Same thing happened to me with Valkyrie Profile.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I'm an insufferable completionist. Knowing what's in store I'm still going for the RIGHT ending. Same thing happened to me with Valkyrie Profile.

dont pllay bravely default, it's boring as poo poo

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

dont pllay bravely default, it's boring as poo poo

Every word in this post is false and should be ignored.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dr Pepper posted:

Every word in this post is false and should be ignored.

im going on a quest for the four crystals

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

You realize most everyone in here has done this exponentially

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

When the main BD quest goes to poo poo at least the side quests all become really interesting and push the limits of the battle system.

By the end you're fighting a full party with your full party, it's awesome.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

Tae posted:

The negative to Bravely Default is that getting the true ending involves replaying the 4 crystal dungeons (not as tedious as it sounds because you can turn off random encounters) like...5 times I think?

Also you can just make a mad dash to the crystal rather than having to do the dungeon all over again. The repetitive nature of the last third of the game may have been a poor design choice, but all the cool little touches in the game make it less painful. Also, considering that bosses give quite a lot of exp and AP, it's basically a way to grind out levels.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

welcome to final fantasy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Speaking of good Final Fantasy games.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

welcome to final fantasy

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Eddain posted:

why not just youtube the whole game, why play at all?

also, dont read books, just watch movies based on books or better yet, read wikipedia plot summaries of movies based on books.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bravely Default is really good I just never bothered to "finish" it after that first reset. That sequel has a ton of potential and I'll def get it though. Saving that cycle stuff for like optional NG+ hard modes or something would be a better implementation. Hope they learned their lessons.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

also, dont read books, just watch movies based on books or better yet, read wikipedia plot summaries of movies based on books.

Whilst I generally agree with this sentiment Bravely Default is a really bad example to use in this case, the bottom completely falls out of the last third of the game and it's perfectly reasonable for people who've enjoyed the game and systems so far to not want to replay prior sections of the game five more times to fight a few additional bosses and see some cutscenes.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

TommyGun85 posted:

Hey man you do what you want, replaying an RPG like that over and over feels really time-wasting to me. I don't really care about replay value nearly as much as first-play value.

Also legit do those things, because many movies based on books are good, and wikipedia can give you a pretty basic understanding of stuff quickly. This is solid advice imo

edit- hey man relax about how other people do their entertainment. :)

Agreed fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 13, 2015

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

TommyGun85 posted:

why not just youtube the whole game

Well...you can. That's what the Let's Play forum is for.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe we should all stop playing video games

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

Certainly we should stop playing videogames that repeat themselves tediously for no reason

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

we should definitively stop playing final fantasy at least.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Certainly we should stop playing videogames that repeat themselves tediously for no reason

You have a lot in common with Bravely Default

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
every time you play a final fantasy god kills a kitten. please think about the kittens.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

forbidden lesbian posted:

every time you play a final fantasy god kills a kitten. please think about the kittens.

Huh, so thats why when I played FFX-2 two kittens died.

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 13, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

forbidden lesbian posted:

Great, I hate cats. Gonna fire up the old NES, playing FF1 has got to be worth extra

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Whilst I generally agree with this sentiment Bravely Default is a really bad example to use in this case, the bottom completely falls out of the last third of the game and it's perfectly reasonable for people who've enjoyed the game and systems so far to not want to replay prior sections of the game five more times to fight a few additional bosses and see some cutscenes.

The best fights in the game (by far) are in the last few hours of the game and if you aren't a completionist sperg who has to rebeat every minor boss, you can burn through all the cycles in less than 2 hours.

Though I actually liked the cycle thing. The only frustrating thing to me was figuring out the riddle gets you the "bad" ending while playing like a mindless retard leads you to the "good" ending.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

It was almost worth sacrificing Xenogears' second disc for Final Fantasy VIII just because it would eventually lead to this.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They need to just focus on adding every single Final Fantasy minigame to XIV (except Tetra Master)

if I can't do this a few years from now then the game is a failure

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Help Im Alive posted:

They need to just focus on adding every single Final Fantasy minigame to XIV (except Tetra Master)

Instead of running a dungeon to upgrade your weapon, you need to do the FFX chocobo minigame with the same requirement as for the Sun Sigil.

Of course you need a full group and everyone has to succeed or it doesn't count.

:getin:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Dammit, I don't have the time to play it anymore, but still, last part of CT and Gold Saucer... Man.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mega64 posted:

Dammit, I don't have the time to play it anymore, but still, last part of CT and Gold Saucer... Man.

You can join me in the no raid static slumlord WoD runs. :unsmith:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pictured: A Good Final Fantasy Game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Terper posted:

Pictured: A Good Final Fantasy Game.

Final Fantasy Hildibrand is a game that needs to happen.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TommyGun85 posted:

Except Bravely Default has you literally replay the game like four or five times to get the proper ending. It doesn't even make the game harder or anything because unless you played the whole game with random encounters off, you'll have likely broken the job system over your knee by the end of your first playthrough and made all but the toughest fights in the game one-turn bores.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I got Bravely Default with my 3DS and I loved it because it's class system Final Fantasy game. Now I'm on the third reawakening. I kinda know what happens but I really want to push through and finish the game. Should I have done the bad ending first? There was no way for me to have saved the game in a different slot so I didn't want to go too far down that path.

I also know there are some really good job combinations but I can't see them. I like Vampire, Templar, Ninja, and Salve-maker a lot. Haven't gotten the last job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

if I can't do this a few years from now then the game is a failure

If they manage to put in FFX's Blitzball I'd never stop playing. Make a team of speedy lalafells.