Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

The Bloop posted:

no one is buying them to get the in-game perks

people buy them because they like the characters and enjoy tchotchkes

Yeah, I know. Love 2 be a consumer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

BOTW has music though. I swear it does.

It was made by cats.

https://twitter.com/MonsterMazeYT/status/1380176962627440642?s=20

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Motto posted:

skyward sword had hero mode on launch, just a damage multiplier+no heart drops though iirc

Hero Mode made it hard af, especially the late game. I didn’t even bother trying the optional battles to get the Hylian Shield on Hero Mode, gently caress that.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

this was the first appearance of hero mode actually. and it was also unlocked only after beating the game once. hopefully in this version they made it available from the start?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Without spoilers, how many characters are available for your party in Age of Calamity? We have Link, Zelda, Impa, the four Champions, and just got Hestu, which was a nice surprise. I think we're around Chapter 3.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Amppelix posted:

this was the first appearance of hero mode actually. and it was also unlocked only after beating the game once. hopefully in this version they made it available from the start?

Sadly it does not seem to be, I got in far enough to start controlling Link and saw no difficulty option.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Without spoilers, how many characters are available for your party in Age of Calamity? We have Link, Zelda, Impa, the four Champions, and just got Hestu, which was a nice surprise. I think we're around Chapter 3.

18 without the DLC (2 are post-game, 2 are optional and found by doing sub-missions to unlock during the game). The DLC currently adds one new character and a new weapon for Zelda and Link apiece.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sadly it does not seem to be, I got in far enough to start controlling Link and saw no difficulty option.
well that's dumb! that was a really easy one! they went to the trouble of reducing tutorial text and whatnot but couldn't just remove the flag that says you can only pick hero mode if you have a clear save?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Zore posted:

18 without the DLC (2 are post-game, 2 are optional and found by doing sub-missions to unlock during the game). The DLC currently adds one new character and a new weapon for Zelda and Link apiece.

Oh, wow, so there's a lot of game left. That sounds awesome, we're both really enjoying it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Amppelix posted:

well that's dumb! that was a really easy one! they went to the trouble of reducing tutorial text and whatnot but couldn't just remove the flag that says you can only pick hero mode if you have a clear save?

Which is weird because it was unlocked from the start in Twilight Princess HD. I can’t remember if WWHD had it.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

it did, as did link's awakening switch

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Amppelix posted:

it did, as did link's awakening switch

I probably played WWHD on hero but the game is really easy so I don’t even remember lol

I haven’t played LA on switch, it’s sitting on my shelf.

One Nut Wonder
Mar 17, 2009
Apropos of nothing, I'm still pissed that Nintendo made Link right-handed in Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild (Twilight Princess doesn't count because it's not the real version of the game).

I'm a lefty and my favorite character from my favorite game was like me. My first video game was the OG Zelda. Read the manual and everything.

Also, my little brother's left-handed. That doesn't happen too often.

Just venting.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Nes Flanders over here.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I probably played WWHD on hero but the game is really easy so I don’t even remember lol

I haven’t played LA on switch, it’s sitting on my shelf.

Its a lot of fun. I wasnt expecting much.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Nanigans posted:

TP had double clawshots, the spinner and the ball and chain. Come the gently caress on. It rules.

They are very cool but I feel like the game doesn't give as many opportunities to use them as it could.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

One Nut Wonder posted:

Apropos of nothing, I'm still pissed that Nintendo made Link right-handed in Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild (Twilight Princess doesn't count because it's not the real version of the game).

I'm a lefty and my favorite character from my favorite game was like me. My first video game was the OG Zelda. Read the manual and everything.

Also, my little brother's left-handed. That doesn't happen too often.

Just venting.

Wow, why do you hate right-handed people so much. Don't you know that right-handed children need to see themselves in stories like these or they'll never amount to anything? :jerry:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Golux posted:

They are very cool but I feel like the game doesn't give as many opportunities to use them as it could.

Just imagine what we could have nowadays, just Link webclawslinging all around New Goron City as he fights crime and helps locals. We have the technology.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Golux posted:

That’s one of its biggest flaws. The dungeons are mostly really awesome and make great use of the items! But then most of them are basically useless outside that dungeon apart from a few collectibles and getting to the next dungeon. The spinner and ball & chain are the biggest offenders.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Motto posted:

Spirit Tracks, pretty fun game

Yeah! I liked playing spirit tracks on my little pink DS. It was good on planes

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I forgot this game was gonna be out today, I can’t start it right now I have five games I’ve bought and haven’t started plus more I haven’t finished

...who am I kidding lmao, off to the game store

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I forgot how much I liked Skyward Sword’s music

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nanigans posted:

TP had double clawshots, the spinner and the ball and chain. Come the gently caress on. It rules.

These have basically no use outside of the dungeons you need them in making them a whole lot less fun.

Ordered the Zelda Joycons last night via Target and this morning got an email stating that my order has been cancelled because they don't have it, "Ooops!" but thankfully I managed to order them through Amazon's Treasure Truck shortly after so god bless.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

bobjr posted:

it's real good and sadly underappreciated

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

bobjr posted:

Faron Woods is one of my favorites. Very relaxing! I remember the Silent Realm stuff being excellent too. This series always hits it out of the park with sound design.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The Spinner and Ball & Chain were worth it just for the sick movesets Hyrule Warriors made out of them.

Dominion Rod too

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I wish SS had a mode where you could use button controls for the sword and shield but buttons for everything else. Because gently caress flying with the motion controls

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

here he is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O-aKWdXnRk

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:five:
I'm so glad the thread title wrapped around to being relevant.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

:five:
I'm so glad the thread title wrapped around to being relevant.

Now if we can only get rid of the Wii U thread tag…

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Seriously who was the loving rear end in a top hat who chose the Wiiu tag when making this thread

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The real ranking for Link's best partners goes:

King of Red Lions
Spirit Tracks Zelda
Midna
Ezlo
Linebeck
Tatl
Fi (HD version)
Navi
Ciela
Fi (Non-HD version)

The quality of the game does not necessarily match the quality of the partner as shown by Spirit Tracks Zelda objectively owning bones while being in the worst Zelda game.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I liked Spirit Tracks. I mean, at least the Tower has separate sections so you don't, you know, have to go through levels you've already done, but marginally faster thanks to new items like Temple of the Ocean King. I liked Cole and Byrne. Zelda was really fun in that incarnation. There was self-awareness.

It's not my favorite Zelda, mind, but I don't think it's bad.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I don't think Spirit Tracks is really that bad either. Surely the worst of the trilogy, but the Tower of Spirits was the only bit that I really thought was absolutely awful.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junpei posted:

I liked Spirit Tracks. I mean, at least the Tower has separate sections so you don't, you know, have to go through levels you've already done, but marginally faster thanks to new items like Temple of the Ocean King. I liked Cole and Byrne. Zelda was really fun in that incarnation. There was self-awareness.

It's not my favorite Zelda, mind, but I don't think it's bad.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Meh, I never minded mic usage.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've said it before, but enforced train travel in the overworld is what makes the game the worst for me. I didn't enjoy it, and it seems completely antithetical to the entire Zelda ethos of a big world to freely explore. I wish I could get over it because I remember some of the dungeons being pretty interesting, but I can't.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I was glad to have Hero Mode unlocked at the start of LA Switch version, I chose it immediately and it was great. Of course, once you can get the blue tunic and visit Crazy Tracy it more or less stops being challenging, even more so since you can catch fairies in bottles in the Switch version. Still, for the first three dungeons it's a fun challenge.

sigher posted:

These have basically no use outside of the dungeons you need them in making them a whole lot less fun.

This is why I still think LttP is better than most 3D Zeldas, and also why it's so fantastic for randomizer programs. Most of the items in LttP are very useful outside dungeons and give you a ton of options for combat. TP has some fun items but like, the Dominion Rod is completely useless outside of the dungeon you get it (aside from moving some statues for a puzzle later), and the Spinner isn't much better and while it's fun to play around with a bit it's generally just something you only pull out when you see a track.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I think Vah Rudania is the coolest of the divine beasts. He's just always up there movin around and he's just so giant.

I got close to him today and told him I was his friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That part in Spirit Track's final boss where you have to deflect the fireballs has to be the most frustrated I've ever been in video games.