Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

CornHolio posted:

Fuckin' there it is, I knew this thread would deliver. I have to bookmark that poo poo. Or, you know, buy it.

They're apparently still fuckin' touring

Antti Boman doesn't look like you'd expect (he looks human and not at all like a vast unknowable abomination from beyond the stars)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Antti Boman doesn't look like you'd expect (he looks human and not at all like a vast unknowable abomination from beyond the stars)

He's also really nice and soft-spoken in between songs :kiddo:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They were broken up for like 20 years first but they kick insane amounts of rear end live

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

They were broken up for like 20 years first but they kick insane amounts of rear end live
22 years! Holy smokes. And they absolutely still rip live, from the shows available on YouTube.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I wish that was the image I got from his vocals but instead it’s *buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp*

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Meshuggah/Black Dahlia in NO tonight. About to see what's what. Goddamn I'm old.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Have I missed any notable heavy metal/speed metal/shred and roll/we like getting drunk and listening to van halen metal in 2019?

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Meshuggah/Black Dahlia in NO tonight. About to see what's what. Goddamn I'm old.

That’s a very weird yet awesome combo. Have a great night!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Have I missed any notable heavy metal/speed metal/shred and roll/we like getting drunk and listening to van halen metal in 2019?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxGsNxwIq_Q

EDIT: Oh yeah, has the new Hell Fire ever been mentioned here? Because it's pretty dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5M7HayqCk4

Nordick fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 8, 2019

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
I know it’s black metal or whatever but some new Deathspell Omega out of nowhere.

https://youtu.be/E-sNygFHM9M

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Kilometers Davis posted:

That’s a very weird yet awesome combo. Have a great night!

Was a great show. TBDM played a good mix of old stuff & tunes off of Warbringers.

Meshuggah was like...gently caress it...we're rolling out the hits! Their sound was amazing! Glad I've still got a little energy left in me to get hype and attend shows like this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Was a great show. TBDM played a good mix of old stuff & tunes off of Warbringers.

Meshuggah was like...gently caress it...we're rolling out the hits! Their sound was amazing! Glad I've still got a little energy left in me to get hype and attend shows like this.
I remember the tour where Black Dahlia Murder (with Revocation! They both loving owned) played Nocturnal in its entirety. An hour of pure, unbridled fun! :dance:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Brian from TBDM went to my weird gifted school (I think he's like six or seven years older than me) and once rollerskated through a window. I found this out in a Guitar World interview and confirmed it through one of my teachers.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

This rips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GexzACDILzw

The whole album is great. Also it has a smooth 70s-style guitar solo interlude for some reason.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Less Claypool posted:

I know it’s black metal or whatever but some new Deathspell Omega out of nowhere.

https://youtu.be/E-sNygFHM9M

it's cool how these guys have made a reputation as avant garde geniuses for just ripping off other bands wholesale for their whole existence.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Their upcoming album is called "The Furnaces of Palingenesia". That's a little bit too on-the-nose, considering the latest hubbub surrounding Mikko Aspa.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Check out Infected Flesh and Antropofogus as they're in the same vein. Hell, might as well do other Italian bdm acts Putridity and Devangelic as well.

will check :) I have to say, that other band I saw Birth of Depravity were also pretty loving awesome tech death, perfectly executed

:five:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nordick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxGsNxwIq_Q

EDIT: Oh yeah, has the new Hell Fire ever been mentioned here? Because it's pretty dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5M7HayqCk4

Thanks!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Nice! TBDM is great, I need to get back to some of their older stuff soon. I’ve been listening to them for like 15 years now and they still feel like a relatively new band to me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A human heart posted:

it's cool how these guys have made a reputation as avant garde geniuses for just ripping off other bands wholesale for their whole existence.

Like whom?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

KozmoNaut posted:

This rips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GexzACDILzw

The whole album is great. Also it has a smooth 70s-style guitar solo interlude for some reason.

I dig the riffs and the song but I think if they dropped both the guitar and the vocals down an octave or two it would be absolutely perfect.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

quote:

Just Because I’m a Pantera Fan Doesn’t Mean I’m a Felon. But Yeah, I Am a Felon
I have every lyric from Cowboys From Hell up through Reinventing the Steel memorized, as well as my Miranda rights. It happens when you’re listened to them so many times.

https://thehardtimes.net/hardstyle/just-because-im-a-pantera-fan-doesnt-mean-im-a-felon-but-yeah-i-am-a-felon/

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

That is definitely one of the better Hard Times I've read

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my “Only God Can Judge Me” tattoo, it’s that my cousin Skyler shouldn’t be allowed within 100 yards of a tattoo gun..

But if I also learned a second thing, it’s that only God can judge me. And especially not you, you white-collar accountant-rear end “Woo hoo I’ve never bitten a debt collector” bitch.

ded

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I didn't like the Demilich thing linked, vocals far too silly, might as well be gorecore or whatever that burping vocal sound gets called.

[edit] Listened to it through actual speakers rather than my phone and it sounds much better. Too quick to judge :)

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 8, 2019

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

A buddy of mine absolutely hates Demilich's vocals but thinks everything else about the music is a 10, at least NSV is his favorite DM album so he's got good taste otherwise.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Your friend and mine skroll sent me this extremely cool and good death metal song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2-O3CaBLBU

It doesn't really seem like the band has done anything else than this EP in 2014 which is really too bad.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'll be honest I don't remember linking you to that song last night so I'm glad you reminded me.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

MrBling posted:

Your friend and mine skroll sent me this extremely cool and good death metal song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2-O3CaBLBU

It doesn't really seem like the band has done anything else than this EP in 2014 which is really too bad.

Good stuff, liking this a lot!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

well, the early material is fairly uninspired darkthrone worship, the stuff they actually got known for features a bunch of riffs stolen from kvist and malign, and the recent material sounds like circle takes the square or some poo poo.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

A human heart posted:

the stuff they actually got known for features a bunch of riffs stolen from kvist and malign

You've said this before and I would love for you to point out some riff from Si Monvmentvm... (I'm assuming based on the "stuff they actually got known for comment") that sounds anything like Kvist. Just link a timestamp from For Kunsten... please. Same with Malign. I just don't hear it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nazzadan posted:

A buddy of mine absolutely hates Demilich's vocals but thinks everything else about the music is a 10, at least NSV is his favorite DM album so he's got good taste otherwise.

If only there were more instrumental versions of albums available I’d be listening to a lot more metal.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Heads up if you were set to see Ulver - they just cancelled all their west coast dates since no one was buying tickets.

quote:

THE SWALLOWING OF PRIDE

We come bearing difficult news: after many frustrating phone calls and deliberations over this last week, we have decided to pull the plug on our upcoming US West Coast run. Modern media protocol suggests we trump up a reason, other than the depressing reality: pre-sales are too modest up against the rather big risk, given the size of the production and the venues.

We feel we just have to be honest about all this. We can not justify going through with all the things we need (flights, nightliner, backline, TM, tech, lasers, lights, and so on) in light of the poor prospects. It has left our promoters, booking agents, management, and now us, a bit baffled. Especially considering two full houses in NYC in March.

Despite our problems getting laser permits for those gigs, we think the trip turned out to be a success, and we would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who came to the Big Apple. Hopefully it will not be our last visit in the US.

Did we announce too soon after NYC? Should we have announced sooner? Maybe we waited altogether too many years, before finally making it across the pond? One can speculate, of course, but it doesn’t do much good at this point.

We feel it would be irresponsible to ignore the warnings and go over knowing that promoters (and us) will loose thousand upon thousands of dollars. Money is an absolute drag (except when you have it), but also a stone cold reality when it comes down to organizing these things. We have to take it into account, unfortunately.

We would like to apologize to all those who have already purchased tickets and who were looking forward to Ulver America pt. 2. Needless to say, your tickets will be refunded. Please know that this hurts us all. Visas have been obtained, paid and approved for everyone, some flights and other things have already been booked, pre-prod has been done and countless hours have gone into organization. It hurts even more since it is the second time in the US (third in our career) that we feel we have no other option than to cancel.

Finally, and most importantly, because we know many out there will be sorely disappointed: this decision was not made with a light heart.

We are very, very sorry.

Ulver, Oslo, May 8, 2019

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Snowy posted:

If only there were more instrumental versions of albums available I’d be listening to a lot more metal.

How timely that I just stumbled on this video. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQDJpL_PbGg

It's many times better than the song they're covering.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Heads up if you were set to see Ulver - they just cancelled all their west coast dates since no one was buying tickets.

lol

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I had tix for NYC and couldn't go/sell them. bummer

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my “Only God Can Judge Me” tattoo, it’s that my cousin Skyler shouldn’t be allowed within 100 yards of a tattoo gun..

But if I also learned a second thing, it’s that only God can judge me. And especially not you, you white-collar accountant-rear end “Woo hoo I’ve never bitten a debt collector” bitch.

ded

Every person I've known with a Only God Can Judge Me tattoo has been the type of rear end in a top hat that even people who dislike each other can agree on strongly disliking

Shocking amount of those guys in my area of Ontario. Two of them had Monster energy drink tats.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Every person I've known with a Only God Can Judge Me tattoo has been the type of rear end in a top hat that even people who dislike each other can agree on strongly disliking

Shocking amount of those guys in my area of Ontario. Two of them had Monster energy drink tats.
I still can't believe that's an actual thing, despite having actually seen a guy with one. Like... why?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Snowy posted:

Alternatively: get better at listening

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fenrir posted:

I still can't believe that's an actual thing, despite having actually seen a guy with one. Like... why?

I don't get it either. Even if I liked Monster, I wouldn't get it.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’ve never heard an Ulver song in my life. Are they really bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I’ve never heard an Ulver song in my life. Are they really bad?

They haven't been metal in many years but Bergtatt is a classic black metal album.