Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Gryphon0468 posted:

Do it. Then you all might choke on each other's dicks rather than talk to other people.

I'm sure you're the expert on that, judging by your current AV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TigerBomb
Sep 25, 2007

Gryphon0468 posted:

Do it. Then you all might choke on each other's dicks rather than talk to other people.

Dude, we're too experienced sucking dick to choke on them. Give us some credit.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

I'm sure you're the expert on that, judging by your current AV.

Gryphon distributes Star Citizen leaflets during the weekend.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Gryphon0468 posted:

hello friend

please don't be angry with us

happy new year!

namaste

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone wondering what Squadron 42 will be like? Here's my guess:

Hours of unskippable iterations of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexLUpQJPw8

This is supposed to be a military ship, right? The first officer talks about being part of some battlegroup. There is a naval base in my town and you can spot the off duty military guys in a second just by how they stand and how they move, and the characters in that tour are not military. Not even a little bit. Mocap is pretty pointless when none of your actors can manage a military bearing.

And what's the deal with the dumpy pajamas? I assumed the mocap suits looked like that for reasons, but apparently they were a faithful model of future military uniforms. Makes all the men look paunchy. Geez, if all you can get are doughy civilian actors, at least have them wear girdles during filming so they don't look like such doughy civilians.

They should have said it was a civilian freighter or something.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310694/i-propose-an-official-name-for-the-new-update-system-monthly-secret-updates

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

IrvingWashington posted:

There's a club if you spend the dough
You won't meet anyone
Who really griefs you
So you go and you stand on your own
And you C to the D
And in your inbox
It's a shot of the wulge again

It's like you were born for this I swear :woop:

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I miss the old days when we had hope.

We are all wired into a survival trip now. No more of the speed that fueled 2013. That was the fatal flaw in Chris Roberts's trip. He crashed around America selling "The Best drat Space Sim Ever" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager space whales who thought they could buy their I-Win ship for 1250 bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Roberts took down with him was the central illusion of a whole crowd funding style that he helped create... a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Star Citizen Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody... or at least some force - is building a game at the end of the tunnel.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Gryphon0468 posted:

Rarrrrrrrrrr I'm getting mad about a video game rarrrrrrr

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511398&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=726

quote:

Except the game won't exist because Chrissie R just made $125k in the span of 5 minutes and why gently caress with a good thing.

You guys are suckers for still falling for this scam. I bet once the dogfighting alpha doesn't release in December you guys are still going to throw money at this guy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

You really owned everyone with that post, someone had to do it, good job.

quote:

Sorry, how much do I have to spend on this game before a bunch of hyper nerds blinded by nostalgia from Molyneux Part Deux take me seriously?

it was a different time.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Gryphon0468 posted:

I see you've progressed from the "denial" stage to the "anger" stage. This is good progress. Unfortunately the refund ship seems to have sailed, so you're not going to have a lot of luck with the bargaining stage when you eventually reach it, but we'll be here for you to support you through it with jovial posts and friendly mockery.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
How come this thread just isn't called "'gently caress you I told you so.' - Every sane person ever"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6189248/#Comment_6189248

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Someone change Gryphon's title to "You shut your mouth, how can you say, I post about things the wrong way"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lowtax posted:

I get like that about tetris :argh:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Scratch that, change it to , Your pussy is glued to a building on fire.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Seems fair, most of the functionality has already been delivered.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Here have some Freddie mercury, http://digg.com/video/freddie-mercury-isolated-vocals-we-are-the-champions?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=facebook

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
it's nice to know gryphon is back like 40 pages reading every single poo poo post in a thread he's at war with. greetings from the future!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6188951/#Comment_6188951

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This guy got it.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

I get like that about tetris :argh:

Tetris was a game where the creator just made random shaped blocks and added music all before the gameplay was fleshed out

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lowtax posted:

There is no video game.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol at tetris for not selling pictures of the random shaped blocks before the initial release.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

It's like you were born for this I swear :woop:

Imma record "I Know It's Alpha" tonight

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Madcosby posted:

Tetris was a game where the creator just made random shaped blocks and added music all before the gameplay was fleshed out

Welcome to the 'Ris!!!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
When you're feeling down and your resistance is low
buy another spaceship and let yourself go

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Gryphon0468 posted:

Wait I thought you were doing the chillaxed lol goons roll with the punches routine now? poo poo this thread is hard to follow.

I missed the bit where seraph was a pedo too did his exhibitionist retard girlfriend turn out to be underaged?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol at tetris for not selling pictures of the random shaped blocks before the initial release.

They did, and it was called the Nintendo Entertainment System

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

LOL

I remember people getting probated for criticizing Sandi

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Madcosby posted:

Those physics though

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

When you're feeling down and your resistance is low
buy another spaceship and let yourself go

It's a free 'verse, all you have to do is pay the toll (pay the toll, everybody pay the to-o-lllllll, of pubes, Oooh)

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hello Comrades,

We're excited to announce that for this Spring Sale we will be releasing a new shape into the Tetris universe! Behold, the Square!
[ ][ ]
[ ][ ]

(concept art, final product may change after release)

We're happy with the new direction the project is taking! As with all our pledge packages, the Square will come with LTI: If you use the Square in game, another will be made available to use in time, based off of our economy tracker that produces shapes at certain intervals to maintain game balance.

Looking forward to see what amazing things you can do with it! See you in the 'Tris!

$500

quote:

Definitely picking this up. I can see that this piece will have a significant effect on strategy and pu control. Plus I heard Derek Smart hates shapes so I get to send a big gently caress you to him!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Madcosby posted:

Hello Comrades,

We're excited to announce that for this Spring Sale we will be releasing a new shape into the Tetris universe! Behold, the Square!
[ ][ ]
[ ][ ]

(concept art, final product may change after release)

We're happy with the new direction the project is taking! As with all our pledge packages, the Square will come with LTI: If you use the Square in game, another will be made available to use in time, based off of our economy tracker that produces shapes at certain intervals to maintain game balance.

Looking forward to see what amazing things you can do with it! See you in the 'Tris!

$500

Will The Square have sides? If so haw many? This is important to me thank you for your time

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
pay the troll toll

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

IrvingWashington posted:

Imma record "I Know It's Alpha" tonight

I think at some point we'll exhaust Morrissey and the smiths and end up on death metal or reggae or something.

"I bought the jpeg, now i'm nothing but a divorcee" - Bob marley

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if Chris Roberts made tetris the score board would never reset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
If chris roberts made tetris it would have 10 hours of FMV in it and the blocks would be motion capped

• Locked thread