Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Waci posted:

Eureka is boring, post your catgirls (male catgirls ok) instead.

Well, ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Cabbit posted:

You've confused unicorn with giraffe.

Nah, I'm a unicorn because we're so loving rare that legends are created every time two of them meet.

(Female Duskwight Elezen is the rarest race/subrace/gender combo)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

TheHeadSage posted:

Nah, I'm a unicorn because we're so loving rare that legends are created every time two of them meet.

that's probably because they look terrible and their combat animations are bad

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

LordHippoman posted:

Is there a specific order I should be getting my Tomestone gear in? I've cleared Deltascape and I'm working on getting my Ilvl up for the 4.3 Primal and Sigmascape. I would guess Weapon is most important, also because it's the hardest to get, but the 1000 Creations cost is fairly daunting.

Yup, you have it right about weapon being the most important, and others have covered the other equipment already. You can do the tomestone grind, but you can also straight up buy an i350 HQ crafted weapon off the marketboard, usually for under 1m gil. You can then spend 700 creation tomestones (which will quickly become obsolete) and upgrade that to an i360 HQ weapon in Rhalgr's Reach. If weapons for your class are being price gouged (check the price history) you have a couple options to get around that. The first is to just see if you can pick up the materials yourself and find a friendly goon crafter to donate their time. The second is that the upgrade system works by converting all NQ and HQ i350 items into various amounts of tokens, which you then trade in for whatever upgraded item you want. Any combination of items from any class that gets you to 27 or more tokens will get you the i360 weapon of your choice. You could, for example, buy 3 HQ accessories of any class (worth 9 tokens each) and trade them in for 1 HQ i360 weapon.

My experience was that i330 creation and Rabanastre gear got phased out real dang fast. As soon as you hit the minimum iLevel requirements you start flowing dungeon gear up to i345, i350 sigmascape normal gear, and i360 Lighthouse gear. I dumped 2000 creation into gear for my newly leveled secondary class and literally the next day I replaced it all before I had even run a single dungeon with it.

For mendacity tomestones, personally I looked up which upgraded i370 tomestone gear was considered best in slot and started picking that up first instead of trying to save for a mendacity weapon which is at least 7 weeks of crystalloids for the i360, and already eclipsed by the i365 weapon I picked up from the new EX Trial. By the time I actually start getting clears for the i370 upgrade, I'll have more than enough time to start saving up the tomestones.

OtherworldlyInvader fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 11, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My favorite glamours for my cat

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Generic Hyur time!

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

TheHeadSage posted:

Girafficorns and criminelves of the world unite!

i can't decide between short and long hair help

Thumbtacks posted:

that's probably because they look terrible and their combat animations are bad

:frogout:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have unlocked spearfishing. My power grows.

Spearfishing is going to be the one piece of content I never bother unlocking, let alone doing. Also, how do I make a nice-looking signature panel?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Generic Hyur?

Generic Glamour??

Generic Home???

All Right!

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Waci posted:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Waci posted:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So I finally figured out how to make the loving game stop zooming in on my character when I change zones, in case anyone else is annoyed that they have to scroll the zoom back out after they accidentally eat a mechanic that they couldn't see once.

End = Default Camera Position
Ctrl + End = Set Default Camera Position
Ctrl + Shift + End = Reset Default Camera position.

This dictates the default zoom and camera angle that your camera starts at when you zone, or go into a duty.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Gally posted:

cat posting

best cat posting

Male catgirls? :barf:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rhix posted:

Generic Hyur?

Generic Glamour??

Generic Home???

All Right!

It's the part I was born to play!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rhix posted:

Generic Hyur?

All's I'm gonna say is that it's only $5. It's not too late to embrace the superior choice.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Vermain posted:

All's I'm gonna say is that it's only $5. It's not too late to embrace the superior choice.

The world needs more roes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Spearfishing is going to be the one piece of content I never bother unlocking, let alone doing. Also, how do I make a nice-looking signature panel?

I use the Ser Aymeric Discord bot.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
MONSTER HUNTER CROSSOVER!!!!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
if the past crossover events are any indication it will prob be just 2 or 3 quick quests with a FATE to endcap it

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Ohtsam posted:

MONSTER HUNTER CROSSOVER!!!!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Vermain posted:

Naw I'm good.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

not enough evil lizardgirls itt

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

The world needs more roes.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Kuvo posted:

if the past crossover events are any indication it will prob be just 2 or 3 quick quests with a FATE to endcap it

Fine by me, as long as I can get a bigass jawbone sword for my DRK and maybe a suit of armor, I'll be on cloud nine.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Kuvo posted:

It has a level 70 requirement and the trailer shows a boss fight intro, so be ready to be surprised I suppose.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Drizvolta posted:

https://gist.github.com/TomRichter/e044a3dff5c50024cf514ffb20a201a9

This is the guide I followed, although I haven't bothered to go looking at any other overlays yet.

Thank you very much.
I really don’t like that act plugins are just random-rear end dlls you unblock, but then I suppose I’m already running a random-rear end exe designed to poke into another processes memory.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
It's really a shame that the companion replacement system Yoshida talked about way back when never came to be. Would've been awesome for the Palico instead of just getting a minion.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
The last two Summer events-- Yokai and Garo-- were pretty meaty, I'm sort of expecting something more along those lines than the relatively thin FFXI and Dragon Quest events.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The Monster Hunter crossover apparently requires level 70 and completing the 4.0 MSQ so I expect this is a permanent thing rather than a limited time special FATE. After all, telling monhun-only players that they need to spend a month or two leveling to participate (or buy jump potions) would be kind of a dick move if it's only live for a couple weeks.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Skaw posted:

It's really a shame that the companion replacement system Yoshida talked about way back when never came to be. Would've been awesome for the Palico instead of just getting a minion.

My FFXIV pipe dream is that Beastmaster gets announced someday and with it comes a companion system revamp. Pet jobs are my jam.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Here's the special site for anyone who's curious: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/monsterhunter/

Presumably we get at least a minion and hopefully some cool monsters to fight.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Give me Odogaron (Savage), Black Diablos (Extreme) and Kirin (Ultimate) you cowards.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/PAMaster2/status/1006236690128699392?s=19

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Oh my God, is the Steppes content Monster Hunter?? Is this what all those large empty spaces were for!? Yoshi-P you mad bastard!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Azim Steppe continues its reign as Best Zone.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The shot with the full party seems to be in an area similar to the first boss battle in Bardam's Mettle so it's probably a Trial, which means it'll probably be like...a permanent thing.

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

Mounting QTE, tail targeting phase and you have to use a pitfall trap duty action when rathalos is below 5% or rathian comes and wipes the raid

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Guys, help. I actually want to play Eureka Pagos. :ohdear:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Guys, help. I actually want to play Eureka Pagos. :ohdear:
Sorry son, you're beyond help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla